Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,717 members, 7,862,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:57 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1722) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8868891 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1719) (1720) (1721) (1722) (1723) (1724) (1725) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 03, 2015
Nihilist:
Manyoo's desperation to the portray the big club image in the transfer market has led them to chasing unrealistic targets, while letting the readily available slip away(e.g Clyne), or over paying over the odds for players who then struggle to justify the huge price tag(Fellaini*, Shaw, Di Maria, Falcao)

While LVG and Woodward have been wasting time chasing Benzema, Bale, Vidal, Fabregas, Muller, Schewinsteiger,Ramos etc....Ac Milan have quietly signed Bacca, Juve signed Khedira+Mandzucic+Dybala, Liverpool got Clyne+Milner+Ings, Jackson Martinez has gone to Athleti, and Miranda has gone Inter.

Begovic is already being courted by Chelsea to come and sit on the bench for a mere 8 million pounds, but Manyoo is interested in Lloris(And the attendant Levy Markup)

Someone needs to get the memo at Old Trafford. Even under Ferguson, signing the big name finished article was the exception,rather than the rule.

*Fellaini struggled in his first season....especially as he was bought for at least 4 million pounds more than he should have
Aside from the fact that u're trying ur best to troll(and failing at it undecided), Ur post was on point. Someone really needs to get this into the thick skull of those dickheads at Old Trafford.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 03, 2015
coogar:

he will be better than last season.
he will score at least 2 goals against united next season. van gaal should have been more patient!
Now i know u re only trolling. I'll take a Wilson over the present day Falcao any day of the week
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
Redknapp: Falcao set for bench
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:30pm On Jul 03, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Aside from the fact that u're trying ur best to troll(and failing at it undecided), Ur post was on point. Someone really needs to get this into the thick skull of those dickheads at Old Trafford.
90% of those transfer news you put so much stock in is complete nonsense.
You should know this already.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 03, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
bros,
I think you feel that everybody who is linked with United is a genuine target.
Until you realize that it's not the case, you will think that someone whose intent is to mock us actually knows what he is saying.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 7:05pm On Jul 03, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

I wasn't even trolling. I did not make a joke at anyone's expense, or insult any one. I only voiced my opinion.

You guys should stop being so tribal with football. Sailorxy sometimes comes to Chelsea thread to discuss transfer policy too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:16pm On Jul 03, 2015
✔ ✔ In other news: cry cry grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 7:45pm On Jul 03, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
✔ ✔ In other news: cry cry grin grin

Seems Liverpool will offer him Champions League football in 10yrs time.grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 03, 2015
SIRcumalot:

90% of those transfer news you put so much stock in is complete nonsense.
You should know this already.
U're misreading my point about Nihilist's post. I only agreed with the fact dat we should stop chasing big name and big money stars like Muller, Ramos, etc. and go for players who ll actually go a long way to improving the team. Players who wont cost as much as dem Ramos and are eager to prove themselves and take their game to the next level. Players like Schneiderlin and co.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 8:13pm On Jul 03, 2015
grin
Chaiii! But Man U dulling 4 this transfer window no get part 2 oh? Abi cash don finish?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 03, 2015
Nihilist:

I wasn't even trolling. I did not make a joke at anyone's expense, or insult any one. I only voiced my opinion.

You guys should stop being so tribal with football. Sailorxy sometimes comes to Chelsea thread to discuss transfer policy too.
Lool! No worries. Trolling is allowed(as long as its done wit sense). We all do it. Besides wats Football without the rivalries, heated arguments and trolling dat follow....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 03, 2015
StarBoard:

bros,
I think you feel that everybody who is linked with United is a genuine target.
Until you realize that it's not the case, you will think that someone whose intent is to mock us actually knows what he is saying.
Nonetheless, the point that post was driving at was dat we should focus on players like dem Clyne and Schneiderlin and look to wrap up those deals on time and not big names like Muller, Schweinsteiger and co who would cost more.

Pre Season is almost upon us and Woodward etc are taking their sweet time in getting the transfers done.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 03, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Nonetheless, the point that post was driving at was dat we should focus on players like dem Clyne and Schneiderlin and look to wrap up those deals on time and not big names like Muller, Schweinsteiger and co who would cost more.

Pre Season is almost upon us and Woodward etc are taking their sweet time in getting the transfers done.
the point is Muller and Schweiny were never real targets. the only link is that van Gaal has coached them in the past and probably has expressed admiration for them based on his working relationship with both guys.Suddenly Bayern makes a few purchases coupled with Pep making some comments in the media and some people decide that they are United targets.

the official line is that there are bids for Coleman and Ramos and nothing more.
every other story is just to sell papers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
Danhumprey:
Seems Liverpool will offer him Champions League football in 10yrs time.grin
✔ ✔ grin

Evuls

Una just wicked cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 9:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

Boss!! Right from when the season ended, LVG and Giggs have stated clearly that they'll only sign world class players and proven winners. This clyne you are mentioning isn't any of these, infact he stands no chance against our makeshift right back(valencia). I see no reason to chase clyne when we have Rafael and Valencia. More reason to note that man utd never wanted clyne is that he said he wants to play UCL football, is liverpool in the UCL? So if man utd really wanted him, he would have personally paid his own transfer fee. The only players i know man utd are really interested in now are Schneiderlin, Ramos, Schweinsteiger, Otamendi and maybe Coleman. Since Gaitans agent is talking, there might be truth there too. So lets just calm down and watch.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:52pm On Jul 03, 2015
UniqueGem:
Boss!! Right from when the season ended, LVG and Giggs have stated clearly that they'll only sign world class players and proven winners. This clyne you are mentioning isn't any of these, infact he stands no chance against our makeshift right back(valencia). I see no reason to chase clyne when we have Rafael and Valencia. More reason to note that man utd never wanted clyne is that he said he wants to play UCL football, is liverpool in the UCL? So if man utd really wanted him, he would have personally paid his own transfer fee. The only players i know man utd are really interested in now are Schneiderlin, Ramos, Schweinsteiger, Otamendi and maybe Coleman. Since Gaitans agent is talking, there might be truth there too. So lets just calm down and watch.

Clyne is better than Valencia and Rafael has been dropped from the team by two consecutive managers.

Manyoo is not really in a position of strength in European football right now, and you guys have had to significantly overpay to attract players of the 'right' calibre.

I mean a player like Schweinsteiger for example, is virtually guaranteed another Bundesliga title and at least a round of 16 spot in the UCL....before the league has even started! The only way to tempt that kind of player is to throw a lot of cash at him....and when he inevitably fails to perform in a manner as should befit the wage packet/transfer fee...it would be the whole Rooney/Falcao/Shaw/Di Maria argument again.

Whether or not Schweinsteiger and/or Muller have been contacted by your club is irrelevant, these players are just examples of players that fit the player profile that Manyoo are looking for....and IMO it looks like LVG maybe making the same Mistakes that Moyes made
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 9:55pm On Jul 03, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
U're misreading my point about Nihilist's post. I only agreed with the fact dat we should stop chasing big name and big money stars like Muller, Ramos, etc. and go for players who ll actually go a long way to improving the team. Players who wont cost as much as dem Ramos and are eager to prove themselves and take their game to the next level. Players like Schneiderlin and co.
a Manchester United fan expect his team to focus on 3rd tier players. You are taking advice from a Chelsea fan. Wonderful. At least you ain't an executive, the club could have gone down like Leeds United.

Every fan want Louis van Gaal to bring in proven winners and a significant improvement on last season's showings. Padding the team with mediocrity in the name of signings will yield nothing.

Nathaniel Clyne is not better than any right back currently at Manchester United, or is it Danny Ings or James Milner or Begovic? Please for heaven's love STOP

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
Nihilist:

Clyne is better than Valencia and Rafael has been dropped from the team by two consecutive managers.

Manyoo is not really in a position of strength in European football right now, and you guys have had to significantly overpay to attract players of the 'right' calibre.

I mean a player like Schweinsteiger for example, is virtually guaranteed another Bundesliga title and at least a round of 16 spot in the UCL....before the league has even started! The only way to tempt that kind of player is to throw a lot of cash at him....and when he inevitably fails to perform in a manner as should befit the wage packet/transfer fee...it would be the whole Rooney/Falcao/Shaw/Di Maria argument again.

Whether or not Schweinsteiger and/or Muller have been contacted by your club is irrelevant, these players are just examples of players that fit the player profile that Manyoo are looking for....and IMO it looks like LVG maybe making the same Mistakes that Moyes made

rubbish!
even under moyes, united reached the semis - the same level chelsea got killed by PSG last season. every big club in europe is in a position of strength. go back to your history book and check the calibre of players man city signed before they qualified for UCL.

then come back here & apologise for the fallacious comment you made above.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 10:06pm On Jul 03, 2015
ChristineC:
a Manchester United fan expect his team to focus on 3rd tier players. You are taking advice from a Chelsea fan. Wonderful. At least you ain't an executive, the club could have gone down like Leeds United.

Every fan want Louis van Gaal to bring in proven winners and a significant improvement on last season's showings. Padding the team with mediocrity in the name of signings will yield nothing.

Nathaniel Clyne is not better than any right back currently at Manchester United, or is it Danny Ings or James Milner or Begovic? Please for heaven's love STOP

1. How can I 'advise' a fan on transfers? cheesy
2. Leeds actually went down for overspending on expensive players.....
3. Clyne was the 2nd best RB in the league after Ivanovic and was rewarded with a place in the PFA team of the season. How is he not better than any right back you have?
4. Ings is 22, and is happy to ride the bench. He's currently better and more experienced than any of the young strikers you have, and was on a free. Obviously you might not agree with the signing of Ings...but He is only an example of some transfer deals that could have been wrapped up. Nothing more
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:08pm On Jul 03, 2015
Angel Di Maria reckons he isn't interested in a move to Barcelona, no matter how much his Argentina teammates joke with him about the situation. The Catalan press over the past couple of weeks have concocted a story about Barcelona trying to buy the player. It was quite clearly nonsense but claims about Di Maria's future won't go away. The Argentine had been getting criticism in Argentina for perceived poor performance at the Copa America but he answered those critics with two goals in his country's thrashing of Paraguay. Since then, a relieved and much happier Di Maria has been speaking to the media and revealed Lionel Messi and Javier Mascherano have brought up the idea of a Barcelona move. Di Maria told TYC Sports: "Leo and Masche always joke with me and tell me to go with them to Barcelona but I'm good in Manchester. "My first year at each European club where I've played was never good. Then I improved and finished very well. I know that I will repeat that at Man United." [Source: tycsports.com , ESPN, @sportwitness]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 10:08pm On Jul 03, 2015
Nihilist:

Just because you said clyne is better than Valencia, i won't waste my time on you because you are a certified troll. Go do a thorough research on their past performance as right backs then come back here to tender an apology before we continue, for now, byeeeeee!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:11pm On Jul 03, 2015
Nihilist:

3. Clyne was the 2nd best RB in the league after Ivanovic and was rewarded with a place in the PFA team of the season. How is he not better than any right back you have?
4. Ings is 22, and is happy to ride the bench. He's currently better and more experienced than any of the young strikers you have, and was on a free. Obviously you might not agree with the signing of Ings...but He is only an example of some transfer deals that could have been wrapped up. Nothing more

don't advise us on who to sign.
worry about your own club, leave united alone and stop projecting what you know nothing about. none of the players liverpool & chelsea have signed would walk into our first XI.

is danny ings better than hernandez?
is clyne better than rafael? is milner better than smashley? if we refuse to buy any player in this window, we will still finish well above liverpool so i dunno why you are taking tylenol for another woman's menstrual cramps.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 10:15pm On Jul 03, 2015
coogar:

rubbish!
even under moyes, united reached the semis - the same level chelsea got killed by PSG last season. every big club in europe is in a position of strength. go back to your history book and check the calibre of players man city signed before they qualified for UCL.

then come back here & apologise for the fallacious comment you made above.

Manyoo is arguably the most prestigious team in England...but even when United won the Champions League in '08, Ronaldo still wanted to leave that summer!

The kind of players that LVG is reported to be looking for...generally speaking play at a different level to ManYoo. That is a fact
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 10:16pm On Jul 03, 2015
I don't just get why these chelsea fans are so much interested in the affairs of our club more than theirs. Always coming here to prove analysts and pundits for us, while their club is busy signing used and dumped like falcao. This matter weak me no be small. For they can't get our name out of their mind and mouth even fingers goes to show how great we are. GGMU.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 10:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
UniqueGem:
Just because you said clyne is better than Valencia, i won't waste my time on you because you are a certified troll. Go do a thorough research on their past performance as left backs then come back here to tender an apology before we continue, for now, byeeeeee!!!

I'm the troll?

Oya no vex. I'll go away now.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 10:22pm On Jul 03, 2015
Nihilist:

I'm the troll?

Oya no vex. I'll go away now.
Oga caughtoffside correspondent, i meant right backs. Still go and do your research and come back with an apology. #caughtoffside correspondent

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 10:25pm On Jul 03, 2015
Nihilist:

1. I don't give a damn cheesy *thank God he ain't an executive* should mean something to you by the way
2. What kind of reason is that? I don't Real Madrid going down for overspending on expensive players
3. Shaw was rewarded with a place in team of the season before he arrived at Old Trafford, he didn't exactly set fire to rain last season
4. Louis van Gaal has made you understand he's not exactly in the transfer market for freebies, he needs players that will improve the starting line up. Sami Khedira was also free, but who cares? Hernandez, Henriquez and Wilson are enough "bench riders"

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 10:27pm On Jul 03, 2015
Make una no vex.

I apologise.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:58pm On Jul 03, 2015
Buahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin

Wicked people grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 11:08pm On Jul 03, 2015
Just the other day, i remember correspondent hensben calling Di maria real madrid reject, what does he have to say about his clubs purchase of a tested and rejected falcao ? The more reason all you ignorant trolls should focus more on your club dealings rather than taking painkiller for another mans aches.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 11:21pm On Jul 03, 2015
UniqueGem:
Just the other day, i remember correspondent hensben calling Di maria real madrid reject, what does he have to say about his clubs purchase of a tested and rejected falcao ? The more reason all you ignorant trolls should focus more on your club dealings rather than taking painkiller for another mans aches.
You lack common sense..falcao was never your player, he was on loan there..man u bought a reject for 75mi euro now that's desperation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:46pm On Jul 03, 2015
Nihilist:

Manyoo is arguably the most prestigious team in England...but even when United won the Champions League in '08, Ronaldo still wanted to leave that summer!

after giving 6 years service to united. the champions league was the last trophy he was dying to win - which made him complete the entire major trophies in england. he had nothing else to prove!

The kind of players that LVG is reported to be looking for...generally speaking play at a different level to ManYoo. That is a fact

they do not!
no player is bigger than man utd.....not even messi! the club has produced 4 different ballon d'or players - something your useless club cannot even boast of and you are saying some players are of a different level than united.

pray tell, who are these players that are of a higher level than united? which of these players is as good as cristiano was in 06-09? gareth bale? bastian? ramos? i mean who? you mean bastian is better than scholes? ramos is better than vidic at his prime or bale is better than ronaldo?

you must be high on barbiturates!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1719) (1720) (1721) (1722) (1723) (1724) (1725) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Jamiuokolla and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.