Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,056 members, 7,845,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8818817 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (14201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 7:58pm On Mar 10, 2013
coogar: two things happened in this game that swung the balance - nani's injury that brought on valencia(the plank) and lampard off for ramirez. mikel obi just did what he knows how to do best by sitting in front of his defence and allowing ramirez to run us ragged in the final third.

valencia should be sold after this game - he did nothing! carrick, cleverley went out of gas after the first hour, fatigue should be blamed for that anyways. we can beat chelsea at the bridge!

hahahahaha - we are drawing man city if we beat chelsea.....this is absolutely hilarious! when are we ever going to play a non-premier league side in this competition? it's going to be a cracker - we should pick ourselves up and win the replay!

I do not think valencia was the worst player today, that should go to Kagawa and Rooney, Rooney was even the cause of the 2nd goal. It was obvious that the midfield has collapsed and kagawa and Rooney were not helping upfront, and sir Fergie fail to react until it was late
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 7:58pm On Mar 10, 2013
@elampiro
Nice job with the links you do know your stuff but Nani deserved the red

Thank God no one got sent off this time I'm sure elampiro and ddippset woulda quoted the old testament on my black a$$ grin grin

elampiro:
When Nani challenged Arbeloa for a bouncing ball inside his own half, he seemed committed and nothing more. Cakir deemed it dangerous and after waiting until the winger recovered from a non-existent injury, out came the red card. Nani was incredulous. Ferguson went ballistic. With good reason.

This is the issue! And this is what I've been stressing since day one!! Its bad enough that he made a reckless challenge but he also went on to feign injury trying to make the ref look stupid! He would not try that next time

ddippset: lol, being in the crime scene makes you an accomplice? you think say na nigerian police I de talk for here? The crime scene here refers to nani being involved in the clash with abeloa, innocent here means an innocent nana who didn't see abeloa charging towards him, and running from the cops here means rolling on the floor and feingning injury. It makes sense think about. And one more thing I have to be in nani's head to know he didn't see abeloa? When the full replay is right there on youtube and everywhere for the world to see? Common man!
We know you are only here because you are anti-Madrid
That aside I have told you why Nani could have been sent off I listed both factors and they are legitimate ones! That foul was a yellow card at least! Throw in the shoddy con attempt and I can understand why Nani got sent off
A million youtube clips cannot prove that Nani didn't see Arbeloa! Haven't you heard of peripheral vision?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 8:02pm On Mar 10, 2013
coogar:

our attack broke down with valencia(every single time), he musta given the ball away more than 20 times today. we have nothing to complain about - we can do chelsea at the bridge!

that was written in the stars - united must always play a premier league side in the fa cup - it's united's birthright!

Nothing to worry about?
We lost a two goal lead in 45 minutes at OT and you say theres nothing to worry about.

Did you see the equaliser? How can we get caught and exposed like that whilst leading.
Chelsea had like a 5 to 3 man advantage. It was piss poor.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:03pm On Mar 10, 2013
like i said earlier, rvp needs rest, carrick as well. let hernandez, welbeck and anderson get at least 2 games in a row duh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 10, 2013
valencia otu ooooo. Vidic wld hav done betta on dt right hand side, i swear. Maybe fergie wld hav to revert to d diamond formation, nw dt nani is injured.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 8:03pm On Mar 10, 2013
If Chicharito had to be taken off (for whatever weird reason), Welbeck woulda been a better choice than RVP.

Ibime:
Same as we saw at The Bridge, MaZaCar buzzing around behind the striker is difficult for Utd midfield to pick up.

Carrick will always be a questionable DM in ma eyes although some dudes love blaming Giggs who at the age of 40 has more energy and mobility than a younger Carrick who is always late to everything. . . like Modrics shot on Wednesday.

Thank you!
But of course, we're still gonna get a blind argument.lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:05pm On Mar 10, 2013
A lot of players had shockers (Tom C in particular) but those who played against Madrid at least have an excuse. No such excuses for Rooney, Valencia who didn't play midweek and were abysmal. We need Jones to get fit quick.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 8:10pm On Mar 10, 2013
montelik: A lot of players had shockers (Tom C in particular) but those who played against Madrid at least have an excuse. No such excuses for Rooney, Valencia who didn't play midweek and were abysmal. We need Jones to get fit quick.

The team generally played poorly today especially in the second half but Valencia was more or less playing for Chelsea with that performance.
All that was left for him to do was to put on a blue jersey. I mean you cant play any worse than that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:12pm On Mar 10, 2013
We are running out of energy in the center similar to last season and we are going to need our wing play to pick up. Carrick and Tom C have done well up till now, but they are beginning to show signs of fatigue.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:14pm On Mar 10, 2013
Ibime: Same as we saw at The Bridge, MaZaCar buzzing around behind the striker is difficult for Utd midfield to pick up.

they are not difficult to pick - they did nothing in the first half. fatigue was responsible for carrick and cleverley gassing out. they played on tuesday - the last 35 mins was in a 10-man team.

Carrick will always be a questionable DM in ma eyes although some dudes love blaming Giggs who at the age of 40 has more energy and mobility than a younger Carrick who is always late to everything. . . like Modrics shot on Wednesday.

yet it was carrick that destroyed your midfield throughout the first half making interceptions and playing the pass of the season to chicharito! you are lucky nani came off and his replacement was chelsea's 12th player.

montelik: We are running out of energy in the center similar to last season and we are going to need our wing play to pick up. Carrick and Tom C have done well up till now, but they are beginning to show signs of fatigue.

those two didnt even do much wrong - chelsea countered and scored each time because of the way the attack kept surrendering the ball in the final third. valencia was responsible for at least 70% of those chelsea attacks.

chamotex:
Nothing to worry about?
We lost a two goal lead in 45 minutes at OT and you say theres nothing to worry about.

who do you blame for that? look at the game immediately valencia came on - it just went to bits. there was no outlet on the flanks - valencia lost possession virtually each of the time he had the ball. his crosses were off and his passes were horrible!

Did you see the equaliser? How can we get caught and exposed like that whilst leading.
Chelsea had like a 5 to 3 man advantage. It was piss poor.

how did we lose the ball? we lost it, chelsea countered with speed and it was ramirez alone with evans! it was a well-worked team goal! this is chelsea we are talking about not wigan! we would do them at the bridge, i am quite confident of that, we don't do things the easy way.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 8:21pm On Mar 10, 2013
Nope. Valencia 55%, Rooney 45%.

Rooney was just as guilty as Valencia for losing possession too easily.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:30pm On Mar 10, 2013
No Tom C was awful and I will only give him a pass cause he played against Madrid and was stellar despite the added exertions of 10 men. Did you see Tom C strolling back for the 2nd goal when he should have busting his guts like we would have done earlier in the season. The lazy passes he and Carrick were making were clear signs of fatigue, both physical and mental.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 10, 2013
Well, Coogar how does it feel coming to Ur turf and giving u Ecstasy football? Your fans would certainly be happy that the Match day ticket was worth it.

In 3 Words "You are Out" - And plzzz dont Jxt take it personal cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:37pm On Mar 10, 2013
El Guapo: Well, Coogar how does it feel coming to Ur turf and giving u Ecstasy football? Your fans would certainly be happy that the Match day ticket was worth it.

In 3 Words "You are Out" - And plzzz dont Jxt take it personal cheesy

if swansea can piss all over your blue shirts, united would do the same! we have won at the bridge before, it took the help of a referee to beat our youngsters in the carling cup earlier in the season.........you would get ripped again in the replay!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:43pm On Mar 10, 2013
chrisley024: Sell Nani! sell Nani!. Now u tell me who should leave? I must say it again; our midfield is not ok. A mid dat cant absorb pressure, n dat reminds me, i didnt see Rooney 2day!

Nani can do a lot. He uses both feet, he shoots accurately, he can run, he can make short dribbling, he can head too. He can play against tightly packed defence, a deep seated defence, a defence move far from the goalkeeper and a loose defence. That makes it hard to totally cage Nani. He is even improving in his crosses and pull outs.

Valencia is a master of out pacing a loose defence and a defence played far from the goal keeper. He tries to get behind them. Other than this, he is easily caged.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:48pm On Mar 10, 2013
Cristalz: Nope. Valencia 55%, Rooney 45%.

Rooney was just as guilty as Valencia for losing possession too easily.

at least rooney was at the thick of things where he's expected to lose possession because of the close marking - valencia was losing it in his own half! ordinary 1-2 combination with rafael, he couldn't muster it!

rooney and tom cleverley also gave up possession easily - but not as frequent as valencia even when he's not under pressure. when is the replay? i just hope nani isn't hamstrung cos then it means more valencia horrorcore!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:48pm On Mar 10, 2013
Ibime: Same as we saw at The Bridge, MaZaCar buzzing around behind the striker is difficult for Utd midfield to pick up.

Evra, Carrick and Degea are our weakness. And now Valencia.

Rooney appeared to lack the inspiration or motivation today.

Respect to Rafael Da Silva
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 10, 2013
coogar:

if swansea can piss all over your blue shirts, united would do the same! we have won at the bridge before, it took the help of a referee to beat our youngsters in the carling cup earlier in the season.........you would get ripped again in the replay!

Lol - What makes u think u play the Swansea Play?

This is United, where the potential threats are engineered from the Wings, once shutted down-only heaven can mutate those in the Middle into Precarious figures!

No Clattenburg show this time around and that places me on a Idyllic state.

Hope u contain the Mazacar in an applauding fashion at SW6 - U'd need a certain Busquet though! cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:55pm On Mar 10, 2013
Is SAF still a tactician or a spectator? I didn't understand the tip tap football I saw today. Let's leave that to Barca and Brazil. Lots of risky play at the back and midfield. Valencia was a big flop today. Mikel and Hazard came in, United could not have possession, kept making mistakes, yet SAF felt all was well. He should have opened the play at 2-0 and followed up with changes when Hazard came in. an attacking play should have pushed Chelsea backwards.

United should ensure to win the League, else it will be disastrous.

SAF should ensure Nani is retained. I also feel Valencia still has stuff in him despite his poor form.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:59pm On Mar 10, 2013
El Guapo:

Lol - What makes u think u play the Swansea Play?

This is United, where the potential threats are engineered from the Wings, once shutted down-only heaven can mutate those in the Middle into Precarious figures!

No Clattenburg show this time around and that places me on a Idyllic state.

Hope u contain the Mazacar in an applauding fashion at SW6 - U'd need a certain Busquet though! cheesy

we play better than swansea!
you are not going to do this to united 2 times in a row.....we absolutely murdered chelsea in the first half then became complacent/fatigued in the 2nd half - things like these can happen.

just relax - hold on for the 2nd leg! swansea ain't the only team that has stunned chelsea at the bridge. qpr did the same with their inferior team. chelsea would have all the possession as usual, united would do all the scoring!

another chicharito goal at the bridge is sure - williamhill, here i come!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:02pm On Mar 10, 2013
A-40:
@elampiro
Nice job with the links you do know your stuff but Nani deserved the red

Thank God no one got sent off this time I'm sure elampiro and ddippset woulda quoted the old testament on my black a$$ grin grin

This is the issue! And this is what I've been stressing since day one!! Its bad enough that he made a reckless challenge but he also went on to feign injury trying to make the ref look stupid! He would not try that next time

You really are unrepentant. After reading more than one page of analysis by expert all stating it was never close to a red, you still are saying it's red. Again in all the lengthy several comments by Xavi Alonso, Mourinho, referees , etc, you went and carved out the little paragraph above. Is it not normal for players who fell down from tackles to stay on the ground for a while to recover? Even Vidic who got two fist punch to his nose recovered without injury after a while, though his face was red. How does this part form a reason for judging the tackle?

Please stop derailing the purpose of this trend jor.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:08pm On Mar 10, 2013
elampiro:

The guy who ensured we didn't get the lose we deserved.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:10pm On Mar 10, 2013
elampiro:

Pls dont use your personal hatred against DDG dat got replay 4 us. Until our mid issue is resolved, if SAF like let him get d whole strikers in Europe. After sum1 will tell me Cleverly is good enof 4 MU. A mid dat is even afraid 2 move forward. SAF should pls line up a 3 man mid during d replay.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 9:22pm On Mar 10, 2013
elampiro:
Is it not normal for players who fell down from tackles to stay on the ground for a while to recover? Even Vidic who got two fist punch to his nose recovered without injury after a while, though his face was red. How does this part form a reason for judging the tackle?

Please stop derailing the purpose of this trend jor.
Was Vidic the tackler or did he get tackled? Do you not understand that Nani after a dangerous challenge tried to deceive the ref by play-acting? These are both bookable offenses and a red card is not out of place at least Roy Keane agrees with me

How am I derailing the thread? Aren't my arguments football related or am I talking about Coco's booty?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:34pm On Mar 10, 2013
A-40:

Was Vidic the tackler or did he get tackled? Do you not understand that Nani after a dangerous challenge tried to deceive the ref by play-acting? These are both bookable offenses and a red card is not out of place at least Roy Keane agrees with me

How am I derailing the thread? Aren't my arguments football related or am I talking about Coco's booty?

Would that be the same Keane who felt Henry's handball against Ireland in the World cup qualification playoffs was perfectly legitimate? lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 10, 2013
coogar: we play better than swansea!
you are not going to do this to united 2 times in a row.....we absolutely murdered chelsea in the first half then became complacent/fatigued in the 2nd half - things like these can happen.

just relax - hold on for the 2nd leg! swansea ain't the only team that has stunned chelsea at the bridge. qpr did the same with their inferior team. chelsea would have all the possession as usual, united would do all the scoring!

another chicharito goal at the bridge is sure - williamhill, here i come!

Lol - You can have a 24/7 on that Man, considering the fact that Cech wont embark on that cynical approach to Carrick's cross at the bridge - Chicharito was bullied off by Cahill! cheesy

You play better Crosses than the Swans, nothing to do with the Sexy Fast football they used in rapiing Us at the Bridge!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:36pm On Mar 10, 2013
A-40:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy now there is one hell of a booty
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ddippset(m): 10:25pm On Mar 10, 2013
SailorXY:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy now there is one hell of a booty
you love booties ehhh!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 10:54pm On Mar 10, 2013
Awful second half. I think some players are running out of steam. Evra,rafael,Carrick. Possibly. Also a huge shame to lose nani as I want Valencia as far away from the first team as possible. Even I would do a better job than him n the right. He is just beyond awful. Maybe play him at right back. Such a woeful winger this season. I really hope nani's injury isn't serious. Rooney was poor but Valencia was in a class all by himself and as he has been for a while now. Will need young,smalling Anderson to set up now as the team needs something to lift them. Rvp has been struggling badly as well so really need him to get back his pre-Christmas form. Bring on Reading.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:54pm On Mar 10, 2013
@A-40, We r done wit dat (infact u've won) so u can now move over 2 ur club's thread.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:04pm On Mar 10, 2013
montelik:

The guy who ensured we didn't get the lose we deserved.

I am a fan of De Gea. I always wished he did well, but he is yet too mature and it cost Man United in so many ways. People see the saves he makes but do not see his common error. De Gea will be world best in the future, but what about now? He is one of the reasons we drew or lost some matches last season. This season too he has made some common mistakes. Whenever I watch lot of unimaginable saves from QPR Julio Ceasar, I begin to ask if it was not better to buy an experienced keeper who could read the game well just as we got Van Der Sar at old age.

FA cup against Fulham, two cheap headers beat him, it was RVP that rescued that day. Against Totteham, he had a weak punch on the ball and Tottehan capitalised. Whenever United concedes corner or set pieces, everyone gets into the 18 to protect De Gea, you see Rafael, RVP, Evra clear from the goal line while De Gea watch helplessly. No one left in play to take the clearance, and the pressure continues.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:10pm On Mar 10, 2013
A-40:

You still getting it wrong, Nani did not tackle, he didn't even see when Arbeloa arrived as he try to control (not tackle) the ball. Arbeloa ran into him and Nani took a fall he didn't expect. That can hurt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (14201) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 100smile(m), Dantedasz(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.