Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,686 members, 7,955,556 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:15 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1737) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9161431 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1734) (1735) (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) (1740) ... (14378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 6:41pm On Jul 07, 2015
I like dat Wazza's BMW grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:41pm On Jul 07, 2015
And you then factor in the level of pimping these cars have undergone.
Omo nothing pays like sports, being paid millions to do what you would normally do for free.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
coogar:

united players get chevrolet cars free too. the range is nothing to these guys, they make so much money for cars to matter to them.
I think United also has Audi sponsorship
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:50pm On Jul 07, 2015
afrodoc2:

And you then factor in the level of pimping these cars have undergone.
Omo nothing pays like sports, being paid millions to do what you would normally do for free.

Sport is also a very risky venture Its high risk, high reward To make it in Sport most likely you would have to almost abandon your education and every other vocation that can bring a livelihood. So if you fail to make the cut, you would most likely end up flat broke.

I know many guys who were very talented in the area always going for U-17, U21 trials never made it now they are over 30 some even 40 and cant feed their family. Some were even very good and an unfortunate injury they are now broke.

No be Etim Essin I heard one time dey beg Okocha for money wey JayJay walked him out of his house, Yekini probably died broke, Opabunmi is blind and broke

There are over 1.5billion young boys all over the world trying to be pro footballers and how many make it to pro soccer? Maybe 200,000

Its like in US every black boy wants to play NBA and there are only about 200 NBA players

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2015
afrodoc2:

NO! Everything German is better than everything British.
All German players are better than all British players, German Language is better than English Language, German Nkwobi tastes better than English Nkwobi and of course German Ipokripo sounds better than English Ipokripo cheesy

Looool grin grin grin. No mind dem jare. At least A40 argues his points well but Dayo as long as it's English, it's terrible. I'm sure He rates Per higher than JT. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
raumdeuter:

No be Etim Essin I heard one time dey beg Okocha for money wey JayJay walked him out of his house, Yekini probably died broke, Opabunmi is blind and broke
sometimes a man need discipline. its really not always about how much cash you were able to gather in life ~ reference Mike Tyson ~

I even know a family friend who rose to the position of an MD in Mobil Producing - now ExxonMobil - & maintained the post for 9 years. he was throw out of his rented VGC apartment just 11 years after retirement.

it is shameful!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:02pm On Jul 07, 2015
raumdeuter:

Sport is also a very risky venture Its high risk, high reward To make it in Sport most likely you would have to almost abandon your education and every other vocation that can bring a livelihood. So if you fail to make the cut, you would most likely end up flat broke.

I know many guys who were very talented in the area always going for U-17, U21 trials never made it now they are over 30 some even 40 and cant feed their family. Some were even very good and an unfortunate injury they are now broke.

There are over 1.5billion young boys all over the world trying to be pro footballers and how many make it to pro soccer? Maybe 200,000

Its like in US every black boy wants to play NBA and there are only about 200 NBA players
and if u eventually mk d cut there is no guarantee dat a top club will sign u ,so many guys think dat once u enter Europe ,u don hammer be dat ,forgetting that there are players moving from one league 2 club to another ,earning peanuts
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 7:05pm On Jul 07, 2015
fredoooooo:

Druggers !!!!! tongue

I no even see this. Fredoooooooooooo!

You still dey alive after the Rena match? grin

One not to miss tomorrow. GASQUET VS WARINKWA. The two best One handed Backhands(Backhand in general) in Men's tennis history.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:11pm On Jul 07, 2015
parrotibaba:
and if u eventually mk d cut there is no guarantee dat a top club will sign u ,so many guys think dat once u enter Europe ,u don hammer be dat ,forgetting that there are players moving from one league 2 club to another ,earning peanuts
Peanut is relative bro.
Players in the 2nd division of the EPl are rich by today's standard at least my opinion can say the same for spain or italy though.
I still think with proper management u could still make bank if you comeback home.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 7:19pm On Jul 07, 2015
StarBoard:
nobody claims Weah is the greatest of all time.
quote where I claimed weah was the greatest
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:27pm On Jul 07, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Peanut is relative bro.
Players in the 2nd division of the EPl are rich by today's standard at least my opinion can say the same for spain or italy though.
I still think with proper management u could still make bank if you comeback home.
First, the league two is not d championship n secondly not every European 2nd tier league pays as much as d championship teams in England ,hell even some top tier teams in various leagues pay shiit to dia players. You will now add dat to d spending involved in life.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:30pm On Jul 07, 2015
raumdeuter:

Definitely it is high risk, high reward. But when it rewards it rewards very well.
E.g The highest paid doctor in my state is a 70yr old Sri Lankan Cardiologist and 19year old squad player James Wilson(20k/week) is already earning more than him!

In sports it is highly competitive and difficult to make it but when you succeed it becomes something else.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
The peanuts of a footballer is the blood money of most other professions. I remember Ashley Cole's saga with Arsenal
These guys have no excuse to go broke later in life but even in the NFL many ex-players go broke soon after retiring.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:39pm On Jul 07, 2015
afrodoc2:

The peanuts of a footballer is the blood money of most other professions. I remember Ashley Cole's saga with Arsenal
These guys have no excuse to go broke later in life but even in the NFL many ex-players go broke soon after retiring.

it's easy for them to go broke.....
they are self-employed and that means their their wages are given to them in one lump. it's up to them to hire an accountant to put their taxes aside.....and put some cash(that would be equivalent of their pension & gratuity) in a savings account for rainy days.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:41pm On Jul 07, 2015
afrodoc2:

Definitely it is high risk, high reward. But when it rewards it rewards very well.
E.g The highest paid doctor in my state is a 70yr old Sri Lankan Cardiologist and 19year old squad player James Wilson is already earning more than him!

In sports it is highly competitive and difficult to make it but when you succeed it becomes something else.

As hard as cardiology is, There is a higher chance of being a cardiologist than being a pro footballer. A cardiologist has a career thats paying him a steady income even at 70. A pro footballer has at most 10-15yrs to make good money thats if he remains very good and not injured
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:41pm On Jul 07, 2015
afrodoc2:

more money more problems perhaps grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by fredoooooo: 7:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
chic2pimp:

I no even see this. Fredoooooooooooo!

You still dey alive after the Rena match? grin

One not to miss tomorrow. GASQUET VS WARINKWA. The two best One handed Backhands(Backhand in general) in Men's tennis history.

Hahahhahahahha bro as usual always a 3 setters against vika , I even bet on it . Sharapoopoo next ..
Gasquet Wawrinka is table tennis grin #stantheman
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
parrotibaba:
First, the league two is not d championship n secondly not every European 2nd tier league pays as much as d championship teams in England ,hell even some top tier teams in various leagues pay shiit to dia players. You will now add dat to d spending involved in life.

That is why I said he has to comeback home when he is done.
Maybe he won't be dangote rich but he'll still be very comfortable.
I assume we're talking about our Naija players ?
What is the exchange rate of the euro to naira now ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 7:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
chic2pimp:

I'm sure you know the reason why I asked right? Not every German Football player is greater than their english counterpart. It's not possible.

With regards to Ballack vs Lampard, I agree it's a close one. Lampard had the better club career whilst Ballack has the international scene locked down. It's a toss up really. What maybe shades it in Lampard's favour is that He was actually at one point the 2nd best player in the world. Now with the Scholls vs Scholes angle, I think you and I know scholes was the better player of the two. Scholls POTENTIALLY could have been the better player but we know potential counts for nothing. It's all down to how you utilize that potential.

I do agree however that some german players are underrated. Lothar For example bossed the 99 CL final at ripe old age of 38 i think. That says a lot about the man.
I don't care for FIFA or Balon D'Or megedefegede. An award that had David Beckham as the 2nd best player in the world? Twice! You gotta be shitting me

Michael Ballack is one unlucky muthapucka! This guy has to be the unluckiest man in the history of football. If he were born just 5 years later we are talking of probably someone that would have been a World and European Champion. If not for the high premium I place on titles no way can Lampard be better than Ballack

Now for Scholes and Mehmet simple question I would ask you, how many times did you see Mehmet play? Go and watch Bayern vs Man U both legs in 2001 CL Q/Finals where Mehmet Scholl and Effe took Scholes to church. Abi is it the semis vs Madrid? Do we go back to the previous year and check how Scholl destroyed Madrid in the 2nd group stage both legs?

Scholes has encountered Scholl on numerous occasions with Mehmet more often than not emerging the better player. I don't agree that Scholes was the better player as far as I'm concerned if not for injuries Mehmet Scholl would have finished head and shoulders ahead of Scholes. England and English players tend to overhype their own and it has a rub-on effect. I've seen too much Scholl and he was an awesome player. Definitely as good as Scholes and I dare say but for injury would have been better

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
SIRcumalot:

That is why I said he has to comeback home when he is done.
Maybe he won't be dangote rich but he'll still be very comfortable.
I assume we're talking about our Naija players ?
What is the exchange rate of the euro to naira now ?
no I'm talking about footballers in general
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:58pm On Jul 07, 2015
coogar:

they are self-employed and that means their their wages are given to them in one lump. it's up to them to hire an accountant to put their taxes aside.....and put some cash(that would be equivalent of their pension & gratuity) in a savings account for rainy days.

Entertainment world is a setup for most of it. You are almost guaranteed to be broke in your old age unless you are exceptional

You are selling your physical attributes, at a certain age it must decline. So what do you live on for the rest of you life? If you are fortunate to have endorsements

As a pro footballer, there is a certain way of life you are expected to live and it costs money, you can hop buses or drive a Toyota camry, No star is expected to do that. Once the money stops flowing in you have to fall on your reserves youve built

Most of them make the money when they were young and irresponsible, Just imagine if they gave you 1million when you were 18-21, you would have bought 5,000 Timberland boots

I saw a documentary about Allen Iverson recently and how he is now broke. Just a decade ago he was the best player in the NBA
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
coogar:

They go broke because of crazy lifestyles and because they do not plan for retirement, still spending money post-retirement they way they spent it while playing i.e the Celestine Babayaro phenomenon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 07, 2015
nyabinghi:
quote where I claimed weah was the greatest
you brought him into the argument by referencing him.
The last time we all checked nobody called weah in this debate except you and the subject was Messi's place among all-time greats.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
A40:

I don't care for FIFA or Balon D'Or megedefegede. An award that had David Beckham as the 2nd best player in the world? Twice! You gotta be shitting me

Michael Ballack is one unlucky muthapucka! This guy has to be the unluckiest man in the history of football. If he were born just 5 years later we are talking of probably someone that would have been a World and European Champion. If not for the high premium I place on titles no way can Lampard be better than Ballack

Now for Scholes and Mehmet simple question I would ask you, how many times did you see Mehmet play? Go and watch Bayern vs Man U both legs in 2001 CL Q/Finals where Mehmet Scholl and Effe took Scholes to church. Abi is it the semis vs Madrid? Do we go back to the previous year and check how Scholl destroyed Madrid in the 2nd group stage both legs?

Scholes has encountered Scholl on numerous occasions with Mehmet more often than not emerging the better player. I don't agree that Scholes was the better player as far as I'm concerned if not for injuries Mehmet Scholl would have finished head and shoulders ahead of Scholes. England and English players tend to overhype their own and it has a rub-on effect. I've seen too much Scholl and he was an awesome player. Definitely as good as Scholes and I dare say but for injury would have been better

I was going to mention that particular game but I felt not many would remember those scenes. He wrecked havoc on Man Utd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXkU0bfv80U
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 8:07pm On Jul 07, 2015
SailorXY:
sometimes a man need discipline. its really not always about how much cash you were able to gather in life ~ reference Mike Tyson ~

I even know a family friend who rose to the position of an MD in Mobil Producing - now ExxonMobil - & maintained the post for 9 years. he was throw out of his rented VGC apartment just 11 years after retirement.

it is shameful!
Its crazy braah! Had a friend from school who worked offshore. Nigga was collecting major funds. Na ABTI, Babcock and Lekki/Ajah olosho girls finish this phoolish guy money. Dude got thrown off the rig after a workplace incident and didn't have 200k to his name.

A lot of these guys usually have no savings whatsoever, as the money comes na so dem dey blow am
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:11pm On Jul 07, 2015
parrotibaba:
no I'm talking about footballers in general
Alright then
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
raumdeuter:

Entertainment world is a setup for most of it. You are almost guaranteed to be broke in your old age unless you are exceptional

You are selling your physical attributes, at a certain age it must decline. So what do you live on for the rest of you life? If you are fortunate to have endorsements

As a pro footballer, there is a certain way of life you are expected to live and it costs money, you can hop buses or drive a Toyota camry, No star is expected to do that. Once the money stops flowing in you have to fall on your reserves youve built

Most of them make the money when they were young and irresponsible, Just imagine if they gave you 1million when you were 18-21, you would have bought 5,000 Timberland boots

I saw a documentary about Allen Iverson recently and how he is now broke. Just a decade ago he was the best player in the NBA
Ivetson's case is worse because he signed a nearly $100 million contract with the 76ers and he owned an endorsement deal with Reebok.
He had no excuse to go broke except maybe for the hood life and entourage hanging on for the money
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
StarBoard:

Ivetson's case is worse because he signed a nearly $100 million contract with the 76ers and he owned an endorsement deal with Reebok.
He had no excuse to go broke except maybe for the hood life and entourage hanging on for the money

I think Iverson still has an endorsement with Reebok, but the caveat is that he can only cash in on it when he is 50yrs old

Problem now is he is just 40. 10 more yrs to go. Would the debt that would pile up for him before 50yrs, wont they outweigh what he is expecting?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 8:20pm On Jul 07, 2015
A40:

Say what you like about becks but the 99 player of the year runner up was fully deserved. He was outstanding during United's treble winning season.

Ballack was a great player who was always the bridesmaid but never the Bride. Never could lead his teams over the gain line. Lamps shades it in my opinion.

Quite a bit actually. Highly talented player whose career was cut short because of injuries. His is a case of what might have been, if's,but's and what have you. With regards to the head to head, more often than not, Scholl simply played in the better team. I also think you are underrating scholes tbh. If He had been born Brazilian, He would have been nicknamed Scholesinho. He would have gotten more plaudits Had He been born an Argie.

Yes the English press do overrate their players at times but the reverse is the case with Scholes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:21pm On Jul 07, 2015
raumdeuter:

I think Iverson still has an endorsement with Reebok, but the caveat is that he can only cash in on it when he is 50yrs old

Problem now is he is just 40. 10 more yrs to go. Would the debt that would pile up for him before 50yrs, wont they outweigh what he is expecting?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
raumdeuter:

I hear it is even till he is 55 before he can access it. It looks like some friend of his put that money in a trust fund for him knowing he was going to blow the fortune he was making while he was an active ball player.
I hope he doesnt die before then given his propensity to get into trouble.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
raumdeuter:

What exactly is broke sef
If somebody declare bankruptcy in America doesn't mean you're broke he might not be as rich as he once was but he isn't homeless
I should point out that AI is my favourite basketball player.
Even though rich athlete losing money is entertaining majority of them don't
And the ones that do are still better off than most.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1734) (1735) (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) (1740) ... (14378) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Bomboiy and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.