Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,068 members, 7,828,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1754) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8769865 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1751) (1752) (1753) (1754) (1755) (1756) (1757) ... (14170) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:46pm On Jul 12, 2015
patrickmuf:
I don't subscribe to the idea but i think it's just a contingency plan in place to deal with any eventuality
di Maria made it clear he's not leaving after a year, forget all these tabloids struggling for pay-per-click.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 12, 2015
patrickmuf:
It won't necessarily mean sacrificing width, it will just mean we'll be a little bit more defensive conscious...With Depay, Di Maria, Young and hopefully a productive/matured Januzaj, our flanks are sorted out for real...
Maybe.
Don't know how Memphis is defensively. We found out that DiMaria was not that good tracking back last season. The only person in that group that offers defensive cover is Young.
Maybe the back six will be enough to help defensively, I hope. Otherwise van Gaal still has a problem with sorting out his most effective lineup even with these apparent abundance of talent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:55pm On Jul 12, 2015
StarBoard:

Maybe.
Don't know how Memphis is defensively. We found out that DiMaria was not that good tracking back last season. The only person in that group that offers defensive cover is Young.
Maybe the back six will be enough to help defensively, I hope. Otherwise van Gaal still has a problem with sorting out his most effective lineup even with these apparent abundance of talent.
More reason i'll support the idea of a double pivot just so our wingers will have less to do defensively
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 5:56pm On Jul 12, 2015
Di Maria rumours are getting stronger cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
MrTA:
Di Maria rumours are getting stronger cry
Something at the back of my mind tells me that it would be a surprise if he's still a United player by Aug 31.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 6:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
Liverpool and Man city agree fee for Raheem Sterling tranfer to the Ettihad stadium subject to a medical and trashing of personal terms...lol
Two mediocre clubs doing business for the transfer of an equally mediocre player...
We're talking Bastian Schweinsteiger, Depay, Matteo Darmian and you're talking Raheem Sterling...DIfference in class...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by saintwill(m): 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
igbsam:

Medias just dey market players to ManUtd anyhow.

lol sure true
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by saintwill(m): 6:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
SailorXY:
being frank & fair enough, it will take considerate effort to dislodge Herrera from that midfield.

herrera may dislodge mata or mata may sub depay.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 6:32pm On Jul 12, 2015
£49m for a player who has next to zero individual and club achievements... #TheEnglishWay.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:35pm On Jul 12, 2015
saintwill:

herrera may dislodge mata or mata may sub depay.....
I am particularly happy with Schweinsteiger cuz @ least we can afford to have either he or Carrick injured & not feel the brunt of it.

once we secure Schneiderlin, we have more than enough options to compete well.

but I don't think Schweinsteiger & Carrick will feature from starts together especially in league games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:36pm On Jul 12, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by saintwill(m): 6:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
StarBoard:

Something at the back of my mind tells me that it would be a surprise if he's still a United player by Aug 31.

bro not only you ooo.......i read on goal.com that he has agreed to join bayern.....and we just signed a bayern player.......meaning we are now "customers"......psg are also there...reports said he could have gone there last season but for ffp rules he opted for us...now that they have cleared everything...........finger in my mouth till aug 31
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
Casillas crying like a baby cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
saintwill:

bro not only you ooo.......i read on goal.com that he has agreed to join bayern.....and we just signed a bayern player.......meaning we are now "customers"......psg are also there...reports said he could have gone there last season but for ffp rules he opted for us...now that they have cleared everything...........finger in my mouth till aug 31
If joins Munich,and we make some profit of his transfer fee no wahala.
It is important we get player than can play within our system if he can't,let him leave,
This way we make money rather than make him value just dey fall.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 6:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
Forget all those rumors, Di Maria is going no where. Man Utd ain't selling and Maria doesn't want to leave. Fashi those useless tabloids trying to attract traffic to their sites.

My anger with LvG is that he's not even making plans for a CF. Rooney is past his prime, we need a hot CF!!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by HARDDON: 6:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
dopeJemi:

What have you not to do with thee oh immortal

Speak , I pray thee, in tongues of thy fathers.

for thus art thou fashioned.
Wisdom n fine wine blend not.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by saintwill(m): 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2015
SailorXY:

I am particularly happy with Schweinsteiger cuz @ least we can afford to have either he or Carrick injured & not feel the brunt of it.

once we secure Schneiderlin, we have more than enough options to compete well.

but I don't think Schweinsteiger & Carrick will feature from starts together especially in league games.

carrick and schneiderlin will play most of our league games and thats if we sign schneiderlin because he already knows how tough the league is... and carrick if he is fit will play.....cause of those sublime passes which he gives to break all those bus parkers clubs..... Schweinsteiger can play the champions league cause of his experience....and also sub with carrick in league so that he doesn't get injured or get fatigue.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:49pm On Jul 12, 2015
leggo:
£49m for a player who has next to zero individual and club achievements... #TheEnglishWay.
No matter how we slice it its a loss for liverpool.
50mill na small money to City,
The penalties for FFP isn't so severe if it hasn't been totalled cancelled sef.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2015
We've been linked to that Gaitan for like 3 seasons now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by saintwill(m): 6:53pm On Jul 12, 2015
SIRcumalot:

If joins Munich,and we make some profit of his transfer fee no wahala.
It is important we get player than can play within our system if he can't,let him leave,
This way we make money rather than make him value just dey fall.

he proved that in d 4 or 5 games he played at the starting of the season.......its still in him...he can progress in this league......he just needs time and i think this season is the time to prove his worth for man utd...........remember form is temporal but class is permanent
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:02pm On Jul 12, 2015
saintwill:

he proved that in d 4 or 5 games he played at the starting of the season.......its still in him...he can progress in this league......he just needs time and i think this season is the time to prove his worth for man utd...........remember form is temporal but class is permanent
Am a big Di Maria fan,
This isn't about form or class,
Di Maria to me,is at best with little restrain and allow to make dribbling runs from deep.
I don't think LVG wants to play this way.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
grin grin when u finally realize ur dreams ...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by saintwill(m): 7:42pm On Jul 12, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Am a big Di Maria fan,
This isn't about form or class,
Di Maria to me,is at best with little restrain and allow to make dribbling runs from deep.
I don't think LVG wants to play this way.

and how was that different from what young played last season...di maria excelled in the wing....you can also recall that lvg used him at different position last season which maybe brought about his downturn..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Thok(m): 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
igbsam:
The guy is fast, but egocentric. Don't know of recent tho'
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Thok(m): 8:25pm On Jul 12, 2015
If Di Maria's is going to Bayern, good for him. We exchange Him for Muller. Rooney needs some1 like him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 8:42pm On Jul 12, 2015
StarBoard:

I tell ya.
The speculation linking us to some players is ridiculous to say the least.
One link had us to Diaffra Sakho. No disrespect to him but I think that is funny.

Lmao....Sakho ke......iffa hear

Thok:

The guy is fast, but egocentric. Don't know of recent tho'

Okay...we sha no need am. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Thok(m): 8:51pm On Jul 12, 2015
Otamendi deal should be quick.. I also feel Shaqiri is better than Nico Gaitan.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Claroo(m): 8:59pm On Jul 12, 2015
Possible Formations

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
igbsam:

Lmao....Sakho ke......iffa hear

No be joke.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3154880/Manchester-United-express-15m-rated-Diafra-Sakho.html
But at the same time I can't help but laugh.

Na van Gaal fault. This one he is releasing strikers anyhow.
I'm surprised they have not mentioned my main Gee, naija's own Balloteli, Gbolahan Salami as a possible target yet.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:11pm On Jul 12, 2015
Second lineup with Schweinsteiger in Carrick's position and Di Maria in schweinsteiger position
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 9:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
StarBoard:

No be joke.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3154880/Manchester-United-express-15m-rated-Diafra-Sakho.html
But at the same time I can't help but laugh.

Na van Gaal fault. This one he is releasing strikers anyhow.
I'm surprised they have not mentioned my main Gee, naija's own Balloteli, Gbolahan Salami as a possible target yet.

Walahi this one na the joke of the century....... cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
suggestions for any Striker
love to see LewNdowski if possible

(1) (2) (3) ... (1751) (1752) (1753) (1754) (1755) (1756) (1757) ... (14170) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.