Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,441 members, 7,861,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:16 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1776) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8865119 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1773) (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) (1779) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 3:19pm On Jul 14, 2015
coogar:

why is this breaking news?
FFP has crippled chelsea to spend - it's not because they just decided to stop spending. without FFP, chelsea would have continued spending like the first 3 years of the roman revolution.

no one cares how much chelsea spend - all we are saying is you should spend what the football club generates. stop the financial doping where the revenue from roman's oil wells in russia is what is used to buy hazard & torres.

You have the luxury of the largest stadium in the EPL (Almost double the capacity of Stamford Bridgde)
You have one of the biggest football brands in the world allowing you to tap in to foreign markets
You have had a head start on hoovering up a lot of talented players
And you have a dubious sponsorship deal.

Even with all of these, as you can see from the Net Spend Statistics, Manyoo has not even bothered to rely on the sales of players to generate funds for player purchases....and you guys still managed to post operating profits post-Moyes

And you say Chelsea should not spend Abramovich's money to catch up.

Negro Please!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:21pm On Jul 14, 2015
sinizia:

None of Elamps' excuses and circumlocutory twists will hide the truth. Rooney is a liar. Playing in the midfield was never the right reason!!

elampiro that lied bold-faced that rooney didn't score any goal in the first half of 12/13 season just to support his weak argument?

that boy needs deliverance. cheesy grin

Nihilist:

You have the luxury of the largest stadium in the EPL (Almost double the capacity of Stamford Bridgde).

You have one of the biggest football brands in the world allowing you to tap in to foreign markets
You have had a head start on hoovering up a lot of talented players
And you have a dubious sponsorship deal.

what has this gotta do with anything? chelsea fc was established in 1905. what tied your legs down to create a global brand? see me see wahala o.

as at 92/93, every club started afresh - with equal footing. all the english clubs just returned back to playing in europe so they were all at par.

united let their football do the talking. success on the pitch attracted more fans & thus more endorsements & sponsorships. they quickly expanded their stadium & spent their revenue wisely.....what were chelsea doing then? picking their nose? cheesy

Even with all of these, as you can see from the Net Spend Statistics, Manyoo has not even bothered to rely on the sales of players to generate funds for player purchases....and you guys still managed to post operating profits post-Moyes

why should we? we are not a selling club.
mega deals like adidas & chevrolet and dozens of secondary sponsors have made sure we don't need to sell to buy. that's what big clubs do.

only chelsea need to sell david luiz to buy costa/cesc. FFP have dealt with you so remain where you are in the pits. you & me nor dey the same category.

And you say Chelsea should not spend Abramovich's money to catch up.
Negro Please!

why should they?
that's the equivalent of money laundering. how do we know where such money is coming from?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 14, 2015
dopeJemi:

It's going to be quite difficult
Just say the name 'Woodward', and VOILA!! He's in the Lab for Medicals. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
coogar:

in one of those matches against reading, rooney played as a RW and he scored 2 goals. so tell me how any of elampiro's theories even has any credibility?

The Madrid game was actually the genesis. Anything SAF did after then became suspicious to Rooney.

Kagawa, his rival, was not in the Reading game. So Rooney gladly played out his heart for his old pals, Anderson, Fletcher and co.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
coogar:

elampiro that lied bold-faced that rooney didn't score any goal in the first half of 12/13 season just to support his weak argument?

I didnt mean he scored zero goals. Haba.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:26pm On Jul 14, 2015
sinizia:

Elamps, Rooney used his mouth to tell Neville that he doesn't mind playing in the midfield because he's been deployed there over the course of the years at Man Utd, he only hates the wing. So why are you trying to deny the truth here? The only reasonable fact up there is his "wing" position vs Madrid. The midfield excuse is a lie told by Rooney to deny the obvious fact that he wasn't favored like Persie again!! Rooney has been played in the midfield for over 8 seasons, why didn't he complain all those while?

After Kagawa was gone and we were even playing 4-1-4-1
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 14, 2015
hensben:
Next time you shouldn't exaggerate it because most of your comrade like starboard n dopejemi(SK) takes your exaggeration as fact. You know this place is were they(dopejemi n starboard) get their football info. grin cool
when people are talking this mitochondria will appear and start breaking down the sawdust in his head.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 3:27pm On Jul 14, 2015
coogar:

but SAF already said the substitutions were because rooney was poor. he said in his book there's no way in hell he would substitute a fit & firing rooney - and whoscored backed SAF up when they rated rooney the poorest outfield player against west ham.

Prior to the coming of Persie, a fit Rooney will never be substituted against West Ham. Persie's new-found love and admiration and position to grab the headlines was why Rooney was pissed and wanted to be "selfish". Since Rooney has been playing "upfront (10)" according to Elamps, why else does he wanna be "selfish" if not that he wanted CF that Persie had?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 3:31pm On Jul 14, 2015
sinizia:

What i meant is that Chelshit has spent more than Man Utd since Abrahimovic came into the scene with the FFP, the "up to a quarter" ish was a hyperbole. Who doesn't know that?

Do you even know WHY Chelsea has had to spend more?

Manyoo are the biggest spenders in the EPL after Chelsea and City.
Before the sugar daddies, you guys had used your money to buy the league repeatedly.

The only way to fight money is with money.

Na una start am grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 3:31pm On Jul 14, 2015
StarBoard:
@parrot, Are you the tour cameraman?
no grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 14, 2015
Meanwhile what's the fate of Daley Blind?
Does it look like he's been relegated to left-back?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
coogar:

but SAF already said the substitutions were because rooney was poor. he said in his book there's no way in hell he would substitute a fit & firing rooney - and whoscored backed SAF up when they rated rooney the poorest outfield player against west ham.

Not all the substitutions were justifiable. It also happened that in some games Rooney got us late winners, I think that was around January and February.

Just that I have wasted so much time today. I would have gone back to see how the subs were made.

Any way bye. I am done.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
parrotibaba:
no grin grin
Ok sir,
Please keep the pics coming, we are enjoying them.
No just use camera phone snap anybody.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 3:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
coogar:

Just imagine Rooney that plays midfield in some matches for MANY seasons without complaints, suddenly found fault with the position (in 3 matches only) the season Persie arrived? And yet Elamps doesn't find any correlation with it. Elamps is clutching at straws. gringrin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by folba(m): 3:35pm On Jul 14, 2015
coogar:

lacazette is like suarez!
poacher ke? he is one of the best dribblers in europe. he's off the ball movement is world class already & when he gets that chance in the box, he finishes with aplomb!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nSzNcEuZ3M

dayyuuum....see pace & clinical finishing. even his assists are david silvaesque. for £30m, this lad is ours and he's only 24. he will give us at least 5-6 years of quality service before he packs up.
fascinated by his sttength and shooting technique with both feet
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:35pm On Jul 14, 2015
sinizia:

Prior to the coming of Persie, a fit Rooney will never be substituted against West Ham. Persie's new-found love and admiration and position to grab the headlines was why Rooney was pissed and wanted to be "selfish". Since Rooney has been playing "upfront (10)" according to Elamps, why else does he wanna be "selfish" if not that he wanted CF that Persie had?

elampawa knows all these but he will never agree. cheesy

elampiro:

I didnt mean he scored zero goals. Haba.

so what did you mean? you think i don't know you had 12/13 mixed up with 10/11 when rooney was useless for half a season before getting his mojo back?

keep lying to yourself. rooney produced more in the first half of 12/13 season than the 2nd half so all those your mumbo-jumbo about england manager & defensive consciousness was clawed out from the arsë of a baboon.

elampiro:

The Madrid game was actually the genesis. Anything SAF did after then became suspicious to Rooney.

the truth is out, finally! grin

Kagawa, his rival, was not in the Reading game. So Rooney gladly played out his heart for his old pals, Anderson, Fletcher and co.

so it's kagawa that is rooney's rival, not van persie? was kagawa playing upfront as a striker? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 3:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
elampiro:

After Kagawa was gone and we were even playing 4-1-4-1

That's not my question. I said, Rooney has played out of position for many seasons WITHOUT complaints, why was he suddenly angry for playing out of position in 3 matches only in ONE season that Persie was bought? gringrin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:42pm On Jul 14, 2015
sinizia:

Just imagine Rooney that plays midfield in some matches for MANY seasons without complaints, suddenly found fault with the position (in 3 matches only) the season Persie arrived? And yet Elamps doesn't find any correlation with it. Elamps is clutching at straws. gringrin

straws?
elampiro is clutching at a whole palm tree. his matter don pass straws. grin

folba:

haha!
he's the truth.

elampiro:

Not all the substitutions were justifiable. It also happened that in some games Rooney got us late winners, I think that was around January and February.

if rooney got us late winners, how is his sub a problem? grin

Just that I have wasted so much time today. I would have gone back to see how the subs were made. Any way bye. I am done.

elampiro, don't run away.
come & tell us how rooney got angry when he played in his preferred position 25 times out of 27 in the league games?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 3:42pm On Jul 14, 2015
Nihilist:

Before the sugar daddies, you guys had used your money to buy the league repeatedly.

Na una start am grin

Chelshit had to spend more because your team then was like the Tottenham of present, and you guys couldn't compete with even Liverfool, hence the inflation of the transfer market by Abrahimovic to give Chelshit a title. If you guys had gone the Man Utd way of grooming talents, y'all would have been relegated by now. gringrin

We never bought any title, lie lie!! We had the best players and the best gaffer, title was sure to flow in. gringrin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:48pm On Jul 14, 2015
StarBoard:
Meanwhile what's the fate of Daley Blind?
Does it look like he's been relegated to left-back?
he, Shaw & Rojo get to tackle for the LB spot. I won't be surprised if he wins the spot tho, @ least Rojo too has a CB option.

Shaw has to sit tight or na sorry be him surname undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 3:49pm On Jul 14, 2015
coogar:

straws?
elampiro is clutching at a whole palm tree. his matter don pass straws. grin

LMAO @ the whole palm tree. grin

The truth is Rooney wanted what Persie had, anything else is a lie. I'm done with this discussion.

Any credible United transfer rumor out there?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:51pm On Jul 14, 2015
folba:
I've not seen him play live & I don't really subscribe to YouTube clips, but from what I can see he has pace to stretch play well - a welcome trait.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 3:51pm On Jul 14, 2015
SailorXY:

he, Shaw & Rojo get to tackle for the LB spot. I won't be surprised if he wins the spot tho, @ least Rojo too has a CB option.

Shaw has to sit tight or na sorry be him surname undecided

Rojo will play as CB for sure, unless we get Otamendi and Ramos who are guaranteed of usurping him from CB position to RB.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 3:58pm On Jul 14, 2015
dopeJemi:

Do you know I usually read your posts twice before I get the point you try to make which you fail at making, your command of the english language is so poor, comprehension skills, zero... you be heavy Okpe

Aren't you the nicompoop that said Diego simeone plays two strikers and 5 midfielders? So much for your football knowledge, otondo... na fish water full your brain
grin grin grin grin

Abeg mk una leave dis shITheads to continue trolling dia life away ...they obviously hv nothing to do in dia thread where Dayo is continuously schooling dem in footy education.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 14, 2015
Nihilist:

Na una start am grin

Pls with tables, diagrams and examples where appropriate, explain the boldened part....

Before the sugar daddies, United and Arsenal were the biggest deals then. The most expensive players we had bought was Fredinand. Most of our players were from our youth setup. Same with Arsenal. B4 the era of the sugar daddies, we always did our talking on the pitch, winnnig games and titles. So i dont get how people always think we bought the EPL wit money

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 4:17pm On Jul 14, 2015
SailorXY:
I've not seen him play live & I don't really subscribe to YouTube clips, but from what I can see he has pace to stretch play well - a welcome trait.

If that guy has that strength and pace that i watched in that video, then we should get him. I think he's more suited for the EPL and this possession football we are adopting now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LTSHANGY: 4:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
BREAKING! Valencia's centre back, Nicholas Otamendi has gone on strike to force Manchester United move!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by folba(m): 4:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
SailorXY:
That's true tho,clips always show the best not their weakness but the guys looks like a talent
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by folba(m): 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2015
LTSHANGY:
BREAKING! Valencia's centre back, Nicholas Otamendi has gone on strike to force Manchester United move!!!
Welcoming news
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2015
I see players hustling to play for Man U... grin grin

2015/2016 season will be interesting! cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LTSHANGY: 4:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
Manchester may have agreed a deal with PSG over the transfer of star player, Angel di maria(le parisien).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by folba(m): 4:38pm On Jul 14, 2015
LTSHANGY:
Manchester may have agreed a deal with PSG over the transfer of star player, Angel di maria(le parisien).
I just hope we r not still planing of replacing with him with gaitan ciz the guy don pass his best

(1) (2) (3) ... (1773) (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) (1779) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Jamiuokolla and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.