Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1859) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8706287 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1856) (1857) (1858) (1859) (1860) (1861) (1862) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
A40:

The UCL rankings are calculated over the period of 5 years. Do you know how FIFA go about their own rankings?

I'm sure you know how FIFA computes its own ranking.
My complaint is the use of national team success in determining the best league.
A40:

This comparison is too far fetched. What is Wales noteworthy achievement?
How is it far-fetched?
You want to use Germany and Spain recent national team success as reference to buttress your point but Wales as we speak is higher up FIFAs ranking than Spain.
And the question about Wales is what I'm after. If Wales is That high up in FIFA's ranking of NATIONAL sides, doesn't that throw your argument about national sides being a product of their leagues.
Unless we want to say FIFA rankings for national sides don't mean a thing.

A40:
La Liga are on the brink of a back to back European supercup Final. Bundesliga produced an all-German Final 2 years ago formed the core of a WC winning team and by co-efficients (which calculates performances over 5 years) they have out-performed the EPL
Guy EPL had an all English final 5 full years before the all German final. There was also an all-Spanish final before that so it is nothing new.
There was a time for three seasons running English sides provided 3 teams in the semi finals and there were 6 English sides in 7 finals and 5 straight finals from the period 2005 till 2011.
Been there done that.
If you want to base your argument on EUROPEAN CLUB COMPETITION I could listen but don't bring national team success into this argument because you very well know that it doesn't always work that way. That is why I look at the Fifa ranking and see Wales at no.10 and wonder what you all mean by league being strong due to how the national team performs.
How

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 5:36pm On Aug 02, 2015
LOL!! Jose Mourinho is complaining about another team defending. One whose team parks the bus so well they got "YokoHama Tyres" on their kit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 5:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
UniqueGem:
LOL!! Jose Mourinho is complaining about another team defending. One whose team parks the bus so well they got "YokoHama Tyres" on their kit.
i Wonder o! Seems the new japaneese tires are not good enuf grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 8:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
Danhumprey:
Lol. You dey find Binghi's trouble,abi?gringrin
nobody is finding my trouble, only retards and low lifers use other means to achieve their aims when they cant contribute. I cant beat my chest that they cant stand me in an intellectual critical reasoning level. I have taken on trailer of dafties here on nairaland. Only an individual bereft of sane mind turns an argument into another thing. EPL is over rated. Anyone wanna test me starts from sports to other endeavours in life i dont read to pass exams. I snapped my gowns let them snap t heir's.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 8:07pm On Aug 02, 2015
The intellectually daft fellows here are known, they ride with their posse to yab but on their own they are zero. The three goats of England have won nothing since hosting in 1966 and the other great teams have been winning titles. I made my reference to the European leagues but some academic illiterates never bothered to think before launching their asinine remarks. Bring it on, i am a mob killer.Your Highest level of thinking is my initial level dig it.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:43pm On Aug 02, 2015
patrickmuf:
That awkward moment when your team is a goal down and next you see Lord Falcao stripped and ready for action...What goes around comes around...My enemies are eating my vomit...
I make bold to say Falcow will not score up to four (4) goals for Chelshit fc...
hmmm I'm sure he will
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 8:47pm On Aug 02, 2015
so so many subliminals.. The last time we had a proper beat down on this thread was 2013.. Encore ! Encore!! We want more
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:54pm On Aug 02, 2015
nyabinghi:
The intellectually daft fellow[size=18pt]s[/size] here are known, [size=18pt]t[/size]hey ride with their posse to y[size=18pt]a[/size]b but on their own they are zero. The th[size=18pt]r[/size]ee goats of England have won nothing since hosting in 1966 and the other great teams have been winning titles. I made my reference to the European leagues [size=18pt]b[/size]ut some academic illiterates never b[size=18pt]o[/size]thered to think before l[size=18pt]a[/size]unching their asinine remarks. B[size=18pt]r[/size]ing it on, i am a mob killer.Your Highest level of thinking is my initial level [size=18pt]d[/size]ig it.

Afrodoc2 it could be fight night cool

Do you copy?

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
I hear say Arsenal don win trebble even b4 seasin start. Emirates Cup, Some other Cup and now Community Shield. Dats really really interesting
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 02, 2015
MrTA:

Lets see if Meek mill responds.
Bruh Meek Mill don reply o and it was Epic. Na Drake turn now

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 10:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
StarBoard:

I'm sure you know how FIFA computes its own ranking.
My complaint is the use of national team success in determining the best league.
FIFA ranking is flimsy no logical deductions can be made with their rankings. Secondly how can we talk of National Team success and you mention Wales?

StarBoard:

How is it far-fetched?
You want to use Germany and Spain recent national team success as reference to buttress your point but Wales as we speak is higher up FIFAs ranking than Spain.
And the question about Wales is what I'm after. If Wales is That high up in FIFA's ranking of NATIONAL sides, doesn't that throw your argument about national sides being a product of their leagues.
Unless we want to say FIFA rankings for national sides don't mean a thing.
Are you equating World and European Championships to a team who has no recent or past success? I want to know what Wales has achieved that you choose to put them and success in the same sentence. Where FIFA opt to put Wales is not my concern, their metrics and UEFA's are as wide as the heavens to the earth. They are too dissimilar to make any

StarBoard:

Guy EPL had an all English final 5 full years before the all German final. There was also an all-Spanish final before that so it is nothing new.
There was a time for three seasons running English sides provided 3 teams in the semi finals and there were 6 English sides in 7 finals and 5 straight finals from the period 2005 till 2011.
Been there done that.
If you want to base your argument on EUROPEAN CLUB COMPETITION I could listen but don't bring national team success into this argument because you very well know that it doesn't always work that way. That is why I look at the Fifa ranking and see Wales at no.10 and wonder what you all mean by league being strong due to how the national team performs.
How
La Liga had an all Spanish Final 8 years before EPL so that is not saying much. Even Serie A had all Italian Final 5 years before EPL. Does it mean Serie A is better?

Circa 2005-2011 if you came out to proclaim EPL as the strongest league in the world no one will argue with you.

That won't fly in 2015 where EPL is failing left, right and center and have done so sufficiently to drop to 3rd position.

When Nyabinghi is talking about a league being strong due to its National team he didn't make a blanket statement he specifically targeted two teams so let's leave story for Puff Daddy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 10:16pm On Aug 02, 2015
A40:

FIFA ranking is flimsy no logical deductions can be made with their rankings. Secondly how can we talk of National Team success and you mention Wales?

Are you equating World and European Championships to a team who has no recent or past success? I want to know what Wales has achieved that you choose to put them and success in the same sentence. Where FIFA opt to put Wales is not my concern, their metrics and UEFA's are as wide as the heavens to the earth. They are too dissimilar to make any

La Liga had an all Spanish Final 8 years before EPL so that is not saying much. Even Serie A had all Italian Final 5 years before EPL. Does it mean Serie A is better?
A 40 wa gbayi, that i support a team or they play in a league doesn't make me call black white. Raumdeuter knows me way back and he knows how much i hate the Crappy English team. I said United's Image globally is the reason why EPl is respected but some dimwits never understood but they kept posting trailer loads of trash just to be relevant. United's thread lost its appeal when idiots started logging in after the glorious era.
Circa 2005-2011 if you came out to proclaim EPL as the strongest league in the world no one will argue with you.

That won't fly in 2015 where EPL is failing left, right and center and have done so sufficiently to drop to 3rd position.

When Nyabinghi is talking about a league being strong due to its National team he didn't make a blanket statement he specifically targeted two teams so let's leave story for Puff Daddy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:16pm On Aug 02, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
I hear say Arsenal don win trebble even b4 seasin start. Emirates Cup, Some other Cup and now Community Shield. Dats really really interesting

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 11:45pm On Aug 02, 2015
Nihilist:

Afrodoc2 it could be fight night cool

Do you copy?

Lol boys are not smiling. But shey dem get stamina?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 03, 2015
sinizia:

Lool. I see!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 5:22am On Aug 03, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Lool. I see!!
elfenomeno will sue u for this
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 9:37am On Aug 03, 2015
leggo:
Rafael da Silva , sad story , went from best RB in the league to having his injury woes worsened by muyis . His goal against QPR 2012/2013 was terrific ,against Liverpool the previous season(2011) he and Valencia tore them a new one. I hope he can resurrect his career wherever he's headed.

Best RB in the league shocked shocked shocked... When was he ever best in his position in the EPL?!

School me fam!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 10:13am On Aug 03, 2015
Wayne Rooney plays in Duncan Ferguson's testimonial in a 2-1 loss to Villarreal

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:21am On Aug 03, 2015
parrotibaba:
Wayne Rooney plays in Duncan Ferguson's testimonial in a 2-1 loss to Villarreal
how many attempt on goal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 03, 2015
nyabinghi:
elfenomeno will sue u for this
No worry. Elf go dey alright. Na Arsenal go win League dis season. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 03, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Best RB in the league shocked shocked shocked... When was he ever best in his position in the EPL?!

School me fam!
2012/2013 season. He even made Epl Toty!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 11:42am On Aug 03, 2015
Back in 2005, I was having a conversation with a pair of friends who happened to be Manyoo supporting twins, about the deadly wingers that were Robben and Joe Cole, and how thier fluidity in swapping flanks was devastating on the attack.

Then one of them told me about this pair of Brazilian wingers, Twins, that Manyoo had just signed. They hadn't got workpermits yet, but when they did, they were going to tear up the EPL even better than Joe Cole and Robben.

Youtube didn't exist then in the way it does today, so the only way to scout these boys was to fire up my Laptop and run FM 06.

Sure enough, there they were...Fabio and Rafael listed as genuine wonderkids, along with another little known Winger named Marcelo, and a tricky number 10 named Kerlon.

FM was so wrong about many things. Marcelo would make his name as a fullback....and all those wonderkids would flop like an impotent phallus.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 03, 2015
Nihilist:
Back in 2005, I was having a conversation with a pair of friends who happened to be Manyoo supporting twins, about the deadly wingers that were Robben and Joe Cole, and how thier fluidity in swapping flanks was devastating on the attack.

Then one of them told me about this pair of Brazilian wingers, Twins, that Manyoo had just signed. They hadn't got workpermits yet, but when they did, they were going to tear up the EPL even better than Joe Cole and Robben.

Youtube didn't exist then in the way it does today, so the only way to scout these boys was to fire up my Laptop and run FM 06.

Sure enough, there they were...Fabio and Rafael listed as genuine wonderkids, along with another little known Winger named Marcelo, and a tricky number 10 named Kerlon.

FM was so wrong about many things. Marcelo would make his name as a fullback....and all those wonderkids would flop like an impotent phallus.

Rafael didn't really flop like dat. He was d best RB in the 12/13 season. After dat, injurie, Moyes, and LVG didn't help his case.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 12:55pm On Aug 03, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
No worry. Elf go dey alright. Na Arsenal go win League dis season. grin
not even premier reserve league, they have won their usual for the season, maybe capital one
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

School me fam!
School yourself.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 03, 2015
Thiago Silva say Di Maria is leaving United for a bigger club. PSG aren't even the biggest in France...

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 03, 2015
nyabinghi:
not even premier reserve league, they have won their usual for the season, maybe capital one
Lool. Dont worry Giroud ll score 30 goals
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 1:56pm On Aug 03, 2015
leggo:

School yourself.

Ode! LOL
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 03, 2015
grin grin cry

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 3:26pm On Aug 03, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Bruh Meek Mill don reply o and it was Epic. Na Drake turn now
Epic ' You are soo sweet,I call u Buttercup'......that's Epic.....

Go to twitter and search #wannaknow,u are gonna laugh ehn.....Meek scored an own goal.......
Even Elfem,who is a sports section celebrated clown should do better in that position...Meek fuckef up
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 3:27pm On Aug 03, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
grin grin cry
Wenger be like- 'Practice make perfect'
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:30pm On Aug 03, 2015
I have to believe LVG has a plan 'cos this rafeal thing pain me and the transfer price is just too low one can even take comfort in that.

Despite Soldado horribly run in the EPL,
Watch how levy will somehow sell the guy for a decent amount of money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1856) (1857) (1858) (1859) (1860) (1861) (1862) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.