Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,527 members, 7,850,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:18 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8838575 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2420) (2421) (2422) (2423) (2424) (2425) (2426) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:38pm On Nov 26, 2015
nyabinghi:
you have suffered a brain meltdown, when scholes spoke you lot criticized him, and u see keane as a don, man u like barca or bayern in your own mind.maybe with a new gaffer.

Oh! Is this the issue?

Kean was only saying Rooney was as culpable as others. Possibly he wanted Rooney to have done far more. But Rooney was our best player in the first half. There's no debating that. Forward play and good passes to his co-attackers. In the second half we lost the midfield completely and even when our midfielders managed to have the ball, they pass it just in our half as the opposition regrouped. Whenever we ventured forward we lost the ball before it got to Rooney or Martial. So Rooney had to drop to try to help the midfield but he didn't do a good job there as he lacked pace and power in the second half. I thought perhaps he got tired as he just returned from an illness with little training.

If Herrera were around he could have come in from 65th minute.

As for Paul Mearson, he has a point. Rooney in all his career had played with running team mates like Ronaldo, Tevez, Nani, Young, Valencia, Giggs, etc. Even Nistelrooy and Saha were not short of speed. With everyone running there was so much space and little worry about possession and pass accuracy. This was why Rooney was the only one who gelled with Di Maria last season.

But these days we have a lot of technical players. It could be hard to blend all the players. When Kagawa arrived, such players like Nani started having problems. May be it's similar thing happening to Ronaldo since Di Maria departed.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:53pm On Nov 26, 2015

Weedtaker, you are obessed with playing only creative players. Yes, they won 6 matches last season but they also lost us three straight matches the first time since 20 to 30 years. Mata, Herrera, Blind, Young were all there when Chelsea beat us 1-0.
Everton beat us 3-0
West Brom beat us 1-0 at Old Trafford.
Even Fellaini was there.

I think the major thing that won us those matches was a perfect structure from defence to attack and not necessarily the combination of many creative players. As soon as injuries set in, the creative players couldn't hold.

Some of these players were there when we drew 0-0 at Cambridge.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 3:56pm On Nov 26, 2015
Ehi69:

See story..... Van p, di maria, hernandez, nani, rooney, depay, kagawa, marshall, welbeck etc. Who's now good enough? A coach that sold all our creative and fast players and later goes on complaining about lack of creativity and pace! Van Gaal is undoubtedly the problem!
you still don't get my point, i'm not saying van gaal isn't man.utd's problem, i'm just addressing the issue of the philosophy ish being the reason why man.utd 've not been good in the attacking aspect for the game
SIRcumalot:

Yeah but he is still to blame he had the funds to recruit his kind of players still no massive developement aside from the defence.
I imagine in his mind the football style of barca and bayern is the destination but those guys off ball movement coupled with short accurate passes is why they are so deadly
thank you bro, you cleary understand me.
nyabinghi:
even if messi and ronaldo play for this team, the boring pass pass won't make us score goals. In brazil 2014 the dutch couldn't score in 2 straight games in the knock out. Aside the ucl with ajax, did he win the ucl with bayern, mourinho's inter beat him despite his possession game. Get a direct coach and united would be feared again. I am not his fan at all. Now we go into the europa with the colossal amount spent.
And yet overmass and finidi that are not better than messi and ronaldo thrived under van gaal going unbeaten in the league and winning the UCL too abi? When bayern thrashed one team 9-1 abi na 9-0 for UCL shebi na boring passes dem de play,? you just the talk off point,
saying you were never a fan Says alot about the rubbish u've been spewing upandan. abeg Fly.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 4:10pm On Nov 26, 2015
elampiro:

Weedtaker, you are obessed with playing only creative players. Yes, they won 6 matches last season but they also lost us three straight matches the first time since 20 to 30 years. Mata, Herrera, Blind, Young were all there when Chelsea beat us 1-0.
Everton beat us 3-0
West Brom beat us 1-0 at Old Trafford.
Even Fellaini was there.

I think the major thing that won us those matches was a perfect structure from defence to attack and not necessarily the combination of many creative players. As soon as injuries set in, the creative players couldn't hold.

Some of these players were there when we drew 0-0 at Cambridge.

after all the 3losses in row we still finished in the top 4, and who told you i'm obsessed with ONLY creative players? Why i come want make we sign greizman and aubameyang?? Strong, Speedy and creativity in the attacking set up is what i'm obsessed with. And we don't have that. No the twist my words abeg

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 4:25pm On Nov 26, 2015
angry
nyabinghi:
you have suffered a brain meltdown, when scholes spoke 'YOU LOT' criticized him, and u see keane as a don, man u like barca or bayern in your own mind.maybe with a new gaffer.

This is why I always feel bile surging up my throat whenever I see you quoting any of my mentions! IS "MY NAME YOU LOTS"? And who do you think "POSTED the SCHOLES" article in the 1st place in order to show that even legends find him appalling this season? Or Have you "EVER SEEN ME DEFENDING ROONEY HERE"?

So if you don't know who you engaged in banter with previously, or when you dont have your facts straight your tactic is just to assume it is any moniker(a.k.a LOTS) and then "hope for the best abi"? SMH!!!

And you have the guts to say roy keane is speaking trash? Anyway I forgot you are also a "multiple premier league, fa cup and champions league award winner" too so you know your onions! Your opinion reminds me of sand anyway, that's why it keeps getting stepped on! Soccer gnat....

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
SIRcumalot:

The philosophy isn't a sham the players are either not capable of playing it or are just not good enough to implement whatever LVG is planning.

My suggestion is simply to scrap everything and let the boys play the way they want to play.

Everybody yesterday from Martial to de gea didn't impress me at all.
I had a strong belief in the philosophy before, but not anymore! It might work with LVG previous Teams, however it's a complete failure with United. We don't have the calibre of Players to execute the philosophy, thus we should revert to the tradition philosophy (a counter-attacking football with high tempo)!

Ehi69:

That's the problem. Herrera was inventive when he just came but he almost lost his place because of it. Now he keeps it very simple.

I lost all respect for Giggs when I saw his reaction to little pea's pk miss. He has a lot to learn!

Kagawa was sold because he needs freedom to roam and perform excellently in the midfield. Herrera also needs freedom to orchestrate the play, but with LVG philosophy..... I fear for him!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 4:43pm On Nov 26, 2015
funlord:
angry

This is why I always feel bile surging up my throat whenever I see you quoting any of my mentions! IS "MY NAME YOU LOTS"? And who do you think "POSTED the SCHOLES" article in the 1st place in order to show that even legends find him appalling this season? Or Have you "EVER SEEN ME DEFENDING ROONEY HERE"?

So if you don't know who you engaged in banter with previously, or when you dont have your facts straight your tactic is just to assume it is any moniker(a.k.a LOTS) and then "hope for the best abi"? SMH!!!

And you have the guts to say roy keane is speaking trash? Anyway I forgot you are also a "multiple premier league, fa cup and champions league award winner" too so you know your onions! Your opinion reminds me of sand anyway, that's why it keeps getting stepped on! Soccer gnat....
grin
funlord:
angry

funlord having fun
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 4:45pm On Nov 26, 2015
weedtaker:
you still don't get my point, i'm not saying van gaal isn't man.utd's problem, i'm just addressing the issue of the philosophy ish being the reason why man.utd 've not been good in the attacking aspect for the game thank you bro, you cleary understand me. And yet overmass and finidi that are not better than messi and ronaldo thrived under van gaal going unbeaten in the league and winning the UCL too abi? When bayern thrashed one team 9-1 abi na 9-0 for UCL shebi na boring passes dem de play,? you just the talk off point,
saying you were never a fan Says alot about the rubbish u've been spewing upandan. abeg Fly.
did u read where I said aside from ajax, bro read before you post.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 4:58pm On Nov 26, 2015
nyabinghi:
did u read where I said aside from ajax, bro read before you post.
yes, i saw dat, why are you disputing the team where he enjoyed more success to make ur point look valid? So if i say apart from ferguson's treble winning campaign he never did something exceptional you would be happy?, apart from his success with ajax, he won the la liga with barca, the bundesliga with bayern, heck he even won the dutch league with a midtable az alkmaar..not forgeting his 3place finish in the world cup with several unknown players.
Abeg respect van gaal, though he might be annoying sometimes, still doesn't stop him from being one of the best managers in football history, you like am abi you no like am o, na ur pocket, no need for back nd forth.
After all you were NEVER a fan. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:19pm On Nov 26, 2015
elampiro:

Oh! Is this the issue?

Kean was only saying Rooney was as culpable as others. Possibly he wanted Rooney to have done far more. But Rooney was our best player in the first half. There's no debating that. Forward play and good passes to his co-attackers. In the second half we lost the midfield completely and even when our midfielders managed to have the ball, they pass it just in our half as the opposition regrouped. Whenever we ventured forward we lost the ball before it got to Rooney or Martial. So Rooney had to drop to try to help the midfield but he didn't do a good job there as he lacked pace and power in the second half. I thought perhaps he got tired as he just returned from an illness with little training.

If Herrera were around he could have come in from 65th minute.

As for Paul Mearson, he has a point. Rooney in all his career had played with running team mates like Ronaldo, Tevez, Nani, Young, Valencia, Giggs, etc. Even Nistelrooy and Saha were not short of speed. With everyone running there was so much space and little worry about possession and pass accuracy. This was why Rooney was the only one who gelled with Di Maria last season.

But these days we have a lot of technical players. It could be hard to blend all the players. When Kagawa arrived, such players like Nani started having problems. May be it's similar thing happening to Ronaldo since Di Maria departed.
I agree about pace & I still think it is an ideology that can work even with our current players if the set up is right.

In my previous reply to chrisley024, I opined that if LvG can make the move to 4-3-3 formation with three proper midfield players (not second striker nonsense) then we are good to go.
Bastian-Morgan-Hererra; Morgan-Carrick-Hererra; Carrick-Fellaini-Mata; Morgan-Herrera-Mata...

The attack of Young-Martial-Rooney; Young-Memphis-Martial; Martial-Memphis-Rooney; Lingard-Martial-Rooney; Martial-Wilson-Memphis ...
All these young lads have pace to burn in abundance. The likes of Perreira can slot in either in midfield or a flank easily & get good game time to further his development.
We retain technicalities in midfield & when the ball is sent to the forwards, it should be all about pace & finishing not possession retention gaddamit.

The only draw back will be Rooney's pace & positioning. He should improve discipline even when the ball hardly reaches the forwards. If he must draw back it should be in tandem with his opposite number on the other flank so the when the team breaks, there's easy outlet & nobody is too far ahead or too far behind.
As long as Rooney is stuck on the right flank, then the system can work 80% of the time!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 5:25pm On Nov 26, 2015
[quote author=weedtaker post=40429928] yes, i saw dat, why are you disputing the team where he enjoyed more success to make ur point look valid? So if i say apart from ferguson's treble winning campaign he never did something exceptional you would be happy?, apart from his success with ajax, he won the la liga with barca, the bundesliga with bayern, heck he even won the dutch league with a midtable az alkmaar..not forgeting his 3place finish in the world cup with several unknown players.
Abeg respect van gaal, though he might be annoying sometimes, still doesn't stop him from being one of the best managers in football history, you like am abi you no like am o, na ur pocket, no need for back nd forth.
Alex fergie, pep, mou, carlo, del bosque, trap are ahead of lvg so he is not one of the best managers, he used to be good but has gone bananas, anyone can win titles with average sides, souness did with blackburn so no big deal.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 5:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
NYABINGHI! Abeg is it the league cup that souness won in 2002-03 that you are using to buttress your point? That now puts him at van gaals level? Chaii! EOD.........
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 5:39pm On Nov 26, 2015
funlord:
angry

And you have the guts to say roy keane is speaking trash? Anyway I forgot you are also a "multiple premier league, fa cup and champions league award winner" too so you know your onions! Your opinion reminds me of sand anyway, that's why it keeps getting stepped on! Soccer gnat ....
blood of Ezekiel grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 5:50pm On Nov 26, 2015
adeyemi2015:
The problem with United is not the players rather the Manager. They are being managed like Amateurs with little or no freedom to express their selves on the playing field.
Sometimes I laugh when I see Smalling surges in a Match cos we know what's gonna end it; either he passes to the Player on the left side of him or he loses possession.
The philosophy is a sham, and I am agreeing 100% for the first time that, LVG should be paid off and replaced at the end of this Session.
It's so awful, frustrating and pissing watching the stupid ball possession style of my darling Team. LVG should watch the Barcelona clips to understand the philosophy better!
Ryan Giggs and Mr. Talkative "Scholes" should be warming up to take over next Session. They are trained and a bit experienced enough to take up the responsibilities.
Philosophy..... goddamn it!!!
Ryan Giggs ke? We don't want another moyes adventure please. He should try his hands in smaller teams and let's see how he performs. Pep and Ancelloti are available.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 26, 2015
parrotibaba:
Ryan Giggs ke? We don't want another moyes adventure please. He should try his hands in smaller teams and let's see how he performs. Pep and Ancelloti are available.
Pep? Unreachable!
Ancelloti? Probably!
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 6:35pm On Nov 26, 2015
weedtaker:
Paul mearson labels roy keane's criticism of rooney a cheap shot . Saying the forward don't have runners playing along side him, and using his performance for england to back up his claim that rooney is playing well
This rubbish don 2much, i go stop to the watch our matches wey rooney start.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 6:37pm On Nov 26, 2015
roy keane is right on this!!!!

rooney hasn't been a true leader.. angry

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 6:58pm On Nov 26, 2015
funlord:
NYABINGHI! Abeg is it the league cup that souness won in 2002-03 that you are using to buttress your point? That now puts him at van gaals level? Chaii! EOD.........
who managed blackburn to league win then
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 6:59pm On Nov 26, 2015
Danhumprey:
roy keane is right on this!!!!
rooney hasn't been a true leader.. angry
funny, the same mad man keane
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 7:05pm On Nov 26, 2015
nyabinghi:
who managed blackburn to league win then

It was kenny dalglish oh? In the 1995 season! The era of s.a.s (shearer and sutton)! This is why I always warn you to get your facts right before you come and engage in soccer banter! Or else 'jogo deitys' like us go nab una

All these 'o.a.u boys' sef! **Spits on his coconut head!**

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 7:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
parrotibaba:
aside the league, moyes did beTter than lvg, man u qualified for ucl q finals, played semi finals of capital one, didn't spend colossal sum to buy players, also united played better than this shyte el jefe is serving us
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:28pm On Nov 26, 2015
we dont have enough striker yet Wilson is loaned to Brighton ..ohh my gawd.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 7:29pm On Nov 26, 2015
funlord:

It was kenny dalglish oh? In the 1995 season! The era of s.a.s (shearer and sutton)! This is why I always warn you to get your facts right before you come and engage in soccer banter! Or else 'jogo deitys' like us go nab una

All these 'o.a.u boys' sef! **Spits on his coconut head!**
modesty should be your watch word in your own mind you are a don right
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 26, 2015
Odunharry:
we dont have enough striker yet Wilson is loaned to Brighton
..ohh my gawd.
Wat?? The same Wilson??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 8:14pm On Nov 26, 2015
wink
Odunharry:
we dont have enough striker yet Wilson is loaned to Brighton
..ohh my gawd.

This should actually be viewed as good news! Brighton have loaned him till the END OF THE SEASON, and I don't think gaal wants to risk having only martial and rooney as our only 2 recognised strikers for the remainder of our season!

Meaning that gaal is confident of landing or has already struck a deal with at least 1 of our january transfer targets @ the moment(mane maybe?)! Wilson was never going to do much anyway so its better to let him grab some much needed 'expy on loan'! My 2 kobo..................
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 26, 2015
Loaning out Wilson isn't a wrong decision by LVG, in fact it's putting the right peg in the right hole!
United need an established Striker at the moment not a Striker under trial!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
adeyemi2015:
Loaning out Wilson isn't a wrong decision by LVG, in fact it's putting the right peg in the right hole!
United need an established Striker at the moment not a Striker under trial!
where is the established striker then? even if plans were to be in the cooler, the transfer is not opened yet. what happens from now till then if we lose Martial & Rooney like last weekend? shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:09pm On Nov 26, 2015
funlord:
wink

This should actually be viewed as good news! Brighton have loaned him till the END OF THE SEASON, and I don't think gaal wants to risk having only martial and rooney as our only 2 recognised strikers for the remainder of our season!

Meaning that gaal is confident of landing or has already struck a deal with at least 1 of our january transfer targets @ the moment(mane maybe?)! Wilson was never going to do much anyway so its better to let him grab some much needed 'expy on loan'! My 2 kobo..................
i hope we land a striker by January
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:11pm On Nov 26, 2015
SailorXY:

where is the established striker then? even if plans were to be in the cooler, the transfer is not opened yet. what happens from now till then if we lose Martial & Rooney like last weekend? shocked
lok...Fellaini and Romero will strike...im pissed mhen
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 26, 2015
SailorXY:

Rashford is on standby!
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:40pm On Nov 26, 2015
adeyemi2015:

Rashford is on standby!
grin
Odunharry:

lok...Fellaini and Romero will strike...im pissed mhen

chai smh
i no really understand our board of directors again o grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 10:12pm On Nov 26, 2015
There was a period when we were scoring 3 goals per game and ever since this old man tweaked things, they have never really been the same

Seems baba prefers to win 1 nil than 3/4 goals to 1

(1) (2) (3) ... (2420) (2421) (2422) (2423) (2424) (2425) (2426) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.