Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,117 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8718369 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2445) (2446) (2447) (2448) (2449) (2450) (2451) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 6:24pm On Dec 03, 2015
Injury news.

Rojo suffered a shoulder injury in training on Wednesday and will be out for a number of weeks.

This injury crisis is becoming serious. How are we going to cope as we are already in December?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MysticZeus: 6:29pm On Dec 03, 2015
ollah1:

losses against barca

could have easily been seven if he fielded the right players and he would have won the highest number of UCLs

Coul Have! Could Have!

Please, Y'all should should just shut up already!!! angry

Like other Coaches/Teams would just fold their arms and watch Manyoo win the Champions league. undecided

Mtchewwwwww

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 03, 2015
MysticZeus:

Coul Have! Could Have!

Like other Coaches/Teams would just fold their arms and watch Manyoo win the Champions league. undecided

Mtchewwwwww

Really manyoo should have won a record breaking 7 ucls under fergie but well....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:32pm On Dec 03, 2015
ollah1:

Who hasn't suffered it?

Then you guys should stop talking like SAF was lucky to have won two. He won two period.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:35pm On Dec 03, 2015
MysticZeus:

Coul Have! Could Have!

Mtchewwwwww

Why are you being a hypocrite? Why didn't you react this way when they said SAF could have easily ended with 0 UCL trophies?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 03, 2015
elampiro:

Why are you being a hypocrite? Why didn't you react this way when they said SAF could have easily ended with 0 UCL trophies?

They didn't lie nah. It should have been 0. But thanks to Terry's slip and late minute miracle.

He was a local champion
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MysticZeus: 7:47pm On Dec 03, 2015
elampiro:

Why are You pretending not to have seen the way I reacted when someone called SAF an average coach?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:57pm On Dec 03, 2015
elampiro:

Then you guys should stop talking like SAF was lucky to have won two. He won two period.

He won 2 in over 20yrs

Penalties are also part of the game so I dont believe he is lucky

If he was lucky to win due to penalties then we can say All EPL teams who have won the CL in the past 15yrs too were lucky since they all won through Penalties

If Fergie was lucky because of Terry slip, then Chelsea and Liverpool too were lucky

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:36pm On Dec 03, 2015
tess1:
Injury news.

Rojo suffered a shoulder injury in training on Wednesday and will be out for a number of weeks.

This injury crisis is becoming serious. How are we going to cope as we are already in December?
Hmmm hopefully Jones can stay fit (sic).
McNair is available.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
raumdeuter:

He won 2 in over 20yrs

Penalties are also part of the game so I dont believe he is lucky

If he was lucky to win due to penalties then we can say All EPL teams who have won the CL in the past 15yrs too were lucky since they all won through Penalties

If Fergie was lucky because of Terry slip, then Chelsea and Liverpool too were lucky

So you know this before...and you will still be shouting awoof awoof up and down...

I see that that penalty shoot out loss to Dortmund earlier in the year has tempered your skoinskoin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DEIFIED(m): 8:49pm On Dec 03, 2015
Kai, imagine.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 8:56pm On Dec 03, 2015
DEIFIED:
Kai, imagine.
so 2 is more than 8, rooney has 8 goals, go back to playing draughts.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:03pm On Dec 03, 2015
Nihilist:

So you know this before...and you will still be shouting awoof awoof up and down...

I see that that penalty shoot out loss to Dortmund earlier in the year has tempered your skoinskoin grin grin

Penalty shootout are part of the game because both teams get equal opportunities to shoot at least 5 so if you dont take your own chances its on you

But Penalties during the game are awoof and can inflate a players stats giving a wrong picture

E.g
Player A score 2 goals from open play and 10 from the spot

Player B scores 9 goals from open play

Both played same minutes same opponents. SO tell who is the better striker

Good example in 2013/2014 Gerrard scored 13 goals 10 were penalties, Benteke scored 10 goals 2 Penalties.

Who is the better scorer? Or you need a scorer for your team who do you take benteke with 10 goals(2PK) or Gerrard 13goals(10PK)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:16pm On Dec 03, 2015
raumdeuter:

Penalty shootout are part of the game because both teams get equal opportunities to shoot at least 5 so if you dont take your own chances its on you

But Penalties during the game are awoof and can inflate a players stats giving a wrong picture

E.g
Player A score 2 goals from open play and 10 from the spot

Player B scores 9 goals from open play

Both played same minutes same opponents. SO tell who is the better striker

Good example in 2013/2014 Gerrard scored 13 goals 10 were penalties, Benteke scored 10 goals 2 Penalties.

Who is the better scorer? Or you need a scorer for your team who do you take benteke with 10 goals(2PK) or Gerrard 13goals(10PK)

What an analogy cheesy

You this disingenuous crafty old man cheesy

You need to keep clean sheets. Who do you pick? Scholes or Ike Shorunmu?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mourinholic(m): 9:19pm On Dec 03, 2015
MysticZeus:

Why are You pretending not to have seen the way I reacted when someone called SAF an average coach?
Same here....I just said he could have ended with zero,not to disrespect him at all...

He is my best ever
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:20pm On Dec 03, 2015
Nihilist:

What an analogy cheesy

You this disingenuous crafty old man cheesy

You need to keep clean sheets. Who do you pick? Scholes or Ike Shorunmu?

Gerrard scored more goals (ignoring the awoof). than benkete

So if you are a decision maker who is the better scorer between Benteke and gerrard. if you have a scoring problem who would you look at

Scholes and no dey keep like Ike Anobi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:21pm On Dec 03, 2015
raumdeuter:

Gerrard scored more goals (ignoring the awoof). than benkete

So if you are a decision maker who is the better scorer between Benteke and gerrard. if you have a scoring problem who would you look at

Scholes and no dey keep like Ike Anobi

But Scholes also kept cleansheet

Or you dont know that they count cleansheet for midfielders?

You need cleansheet bruv...who do you pick Scholes or Ike Shorunmu?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:26pm On Dec 03, 2015
Nihilist:

But Scholes also kept cleansheet

Or you dont know that they count cleansheet for midfielders?

You need cleansheet bruv...who do you pick Scholes or Ike Shorunmu?

How many clean sheets scholes keep vs Ike Shorunmu
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:28pm On Dec 03, 2015
ollah1:

They didn't lie nah. It should have been 0. But thanks to Terry's slip and late minute miracle.

He was a local champion

Miracle! Call it a great come back. You think it's easy to turn it around in the last three minutes in a final? That ingenuity is deserving of an everlasting praise.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jaypea98: 1:43am On Dec 04, 2015
Wilson UPDATE From a united fan:
He came on for the last 25/30 minutes today with Zamora having put Brighton 2-1 up. Looked quick and sharp and linked up well with guys he's only met in the last few days. Took a superb through ball, beat the keeper and was unlucky to hit the post and not score on his debut. Think he'll score plenty at Brighton.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:14am On Dec 04, 2015
Manchester United midfielders Ander Herrera and Marouane Fellaini are not suited to the club and should leave Old Trafford, says ex-Red Devils midfielder Paul Ince. (Manchester Evening News)

smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:54am On Dec 04, 2015
I don't understand these English guys problem with Herrera angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mourinholic(m): 7:19am On Dec 04, 2015
elrony:
Manchester United midfielders Ander Herrera and Marouane Fellaini are not suited to the club and should leave Old Trafford, says ex-Red Devils midfielder Paul Ince. (Manchester Evening News)

smh
No United player is better than Herrera..... I just hope you return the Mata 'Favour' on this one
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 7:42am On Dec 04, 2015
angry

Fellaini should actually be playing for either "stoke or chelsea" because he is not united material at all! Herrera is a fans favourite for a reason, its just that his attacking instincts and style of play in midfield which have endeared him to the fans are not in line with the "craplosophy" that his head coach prefers!

He should just go to barca abeg, I'm tired of seeing him treated badly by gaal! As for "ince", well he was a bruiser in his day and a lot less talented than ander so maybe na 'bad belle'! He is also a mega failed coach so he needs to sip a 'hot cup of stfu' till he finally understands how to manage talent!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mourinholic(m): 9:05am On Dec 04, 2015
funlord:
angry

Fellaini should actually be playing for either "stoke or chivita FC" !
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:06am On Dec 04, 2015
Mourinholic:
I just hope you return the Mata 'Favour' on this one
Done!
Radamel Falcao.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:10am On Dec 04, 2015
funlord:
angry

Fellaini should actually be playing for either "stoke or chelsea" because he is not united material at all!
Fellaini does well in a middle -3-, as do the entire team actually.

LvG knows it, if most of the players are bored then it's LvG's cross to bear not the other way round.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 9:29am On Dec 04, 2015
grin

GARY '1 CHANCE' NEVILLE SPEAKS;

"I've been offered jobs in football over the last
four or five years but the timing has not been
right," he said. "I wanted time to learn after
coming out of football. But when I received the
call on Sunday, I thought what an opportunity
and what a challenge. Sitting on TV talking about coaches these last few years, the time has come for me to stand up. This is a wonderful football club. If I turned down this opportunity, I would have lost some credibility."

My responsibility is to appraise the players as quickly as possible and pick the best system that allows us to win straight away. Spanish is going to be my biggest challenge, but I have to immerse myself. I will take lessons every day - but I can't find a teacher to get up at 6am. I'm incredibly excited to be here. I understand the huge responsibilities I've been given. I know the passion and intimidation from the fans from playing here in the past and I want to harness that in the coming months."

"I'm very aware of the traditions at Valencia, I
came up against some fantastic wingers in my
time as a player, My responsibility is
to appraise the players as quickly as possible
and pick the best system that allows us to win
straight away. We don't have a pre-season. It's important to pick the right team to win matches,
irrespective of style."

"The only way to approach it is as a permanen job, even though the contract is only until June! Every decision I make will not be a short-term decision. I don't believe in working that way. We will appoint people from within the club, I don't want to bring over an army of coaches. I want stability at the club. My family will move over to Valencia. I always wanted at my club for foreign players to show commitment to the city and to the culture, and it's important I show that level of commitment."

"The idea of a coach or a player talking about anyone else other than the players at the club disgusts me. I want to work with the players in the dressing room. Those players deserve the opportunity, they are wearing the badge and wear it with pride I'm sure. We have young players, it's easy to make decisions too soon on young players but I'm very patient."

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 9:59am On Dec 04, 2015
SailorXY:

Fellaini does well in a middle -3-, as do the entire team actually.

LvG knows it, if most of the players are bored then it's LvG's cross to bear not the other way round.

What does he actually do well? Killer passes? Score freekicks? Volleys from outside the box? Control the game from midfield? Drive the team forward? NO? Bruv! Fellaini just plays "aproko soccer"! elbowing, chesting or bullying smaller players all over the pitch! United is not a "butch soccer team", he does not fit in at all with what is normally expected of united midfielders! He is "average"!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:19am On Dec 04, 2015
funlord:

What does he actually do well? Killer passes? Score freekicks? Volleys from outside the box? Control the game from midfield? Drive the team forward? NO? Bruv! Fellaini just plays "aproko soccer"! elbowing, chesting or bullying smaller players all over the pitch! United is not a "butch soccer team", he does not fit in at all with what is normally expected of united midfielders! He is "average"!!!
not everybody is a superstar with respect to importance & team tactics.
Fellaini was in the thick of things when LvG had his best run in this club, what particular "skill" did he bring to that side?
Fellaini is just as important to the Belgian cause, what "skill" does he bring to his country national team?
Aside his last game, Fellaini last had a poor game in United shirt in 2013.

We have not always paraded Maradonnas, there have been Browns, O'Sheas, Fletchers, Fortunes, etc & the trophies still came in!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Claroo(m): 10:25am On Dec 04, 2015
elrony:

smh
Paul Ince is definitely high on SK. Herrera is our best midfielder, I still agree with Ince on Fellaini
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:52am On Dec 04, 2015
So Rojo is injured? The left back was the position we had only one player, then he got injured. We drafted our LCBs there and one is injured already.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2445) (2446) (2447) (2448) (2449) (2450) (2451) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: hensben(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.