Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,469 members, 7,864,978 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:19 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8878394 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (14218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2013
SailorXY:
cheesy Did you say Chelshit? He better fastens his seat belt, either on a plane abroad or on United's reserves bench

What will Rooney be doing on the bench? He can't ever be there till he gets to mid 30s.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:50pm On Jun 04, 2013
elampiro:

There is no way Rooney won't get a substantial bid. The worst, he will be headed to France.

The best places for him are Madrid and Chelsea. Every other place will lead to more frustration because he won't get quality support.
You may be right tho I won't bet my pinky on it... so far we are yet to receive one grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:54pm On Jun 04, 2013
El Guapo: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2324160/ADRIAN-DURHAM-COLUMN-Jose-Mourinho-blame-Alex-Ferguson-retiring.html

the most ridiculous article ever....
that's for web-hits! jose had the chance to knock fergie off his perch in 2006/7 with the most expensive squad in europe but jose failed.

the following season, jose was already points behind united and he knew he's pissed the season away when he lost to villa.....jose quickly resorted to comparing his players(class C eggs) to united players(class A eggs). few weeks later, he ran away.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:09pm On Jun 04, 2013
SailorXY:
You may be right tho I won't bet my pinky on it... so far we are yet to receive one grin

You may also be right, but it's not everything that is revealed. Moreover we heard some speculations about Abrahmovic interest and few others too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:34pm On Jun 04, 2013
coogar:

the most ridiculous article ever....
that's for web-hits! jose had the chance to knock fergie off his perch in 2006/7 with the most expensive squad in europe but jose failed.

the following season, jose was already points behind united and he knew he's pissed the season away when he lost to villa.....jose quickly resorted to comparing his players(class C eggs) to united players(class A eggs). few weeks later, he ran away.
... it was also obvious that his next game, being against United, he was in for first class humiliation cheesy so he packed his bags & baggages... and it was termed "by mutual nonsense"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:23pm On Jun 04, 2013
have we sold rooney?
why is it taking so much time to sell the fat bastärd? this is getting unbearable. sell rooney, buy emenike!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 8:27pm On Jun 04, 2013
coogar: have we sold rooney?
why is it taking so much time to sell the fat bastärd? this is getting unbearable. sell rooney, buy emenike!
ha!ha!ha!ha! not a bad idea dough..lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:33pm On Jun 04, 2013
Fussbot: ha!ha!ha!ha! not a bad idea dough..lol

another good striker is benteke.....
he can't be more than £15m. sell rooney for £30m and use the balance plus the warchest of £50m to get 2 quality midfielders. strootman, m'vila, wanyama, etc
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:45pm On Jun 04, 2013
Benteke will cost more than £15m. If Young who was in the final year of his contract at Villa cost £17m when we were the only real suitor, Benteke will cost more.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:51pm On Jun 04, 2013
montelik: Benteke will cost more than £15m. If Young who was in the final year of his contract at Villa cost £17m when we were the only real suitor, Benteke will cost more.

young is british, benteke isn't....
british players cost more when moving ranks within 2 premier league sides!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:43pm On Jun 04, 2013
You people hve come again with this 'sell Rooney'. Have statistics not proven categorically that Man United struggles when he doesn't start matches? Have statistics not revealed that he made so much revenue for the club big enough to pay players and coaching crew? Statistics also proved that Rooney on the pitch without Ronaldo got better results for Manchester United than Ronaldo on the pitch without Rooney, except for one season. It was a miscalculation for anyone to have sat him on the bench.

He is fat? Olalala. He has always had that stature, and he made a typical run with his 'fatness' and got a great goal against Brazil. He is a bull and a big game player. A pure class.

We are not selling him even for a billion pounds, except if he insist. Imagine the ridiculous names being suggested. Half baked players, incomplete players, players who can't withstand constant pressure. I beg only Fabregas can come close replacing Rooney. His role is too enormous and his contributions unquantifiable.

This report card further reveals his enormous relevance on the field of play.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:06am On Jun 05, 2013
Wayne Rooney has warned Manchester United he wants to play as the main striker next season if he is to stay at Old Trafford - THE TIMES
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 11:39am On Jun 05, 2013
chrisley024: Wayne Rooney has warned Manchester United he wants to play as the main striker next season if he is to stay at Old Trafford - THE TIMES

I hope I don't understand that 'warned' the way we understand it in Naija, cos when u warn somebody it smacks off some sort of arrogance considering the situation.

So where will RVP play if UNITED accede to his terms, how dare he warn the club! Well I hope its joke sha and not true.

It seems the guy wants to leave and wants to force the club to take the decision so that he would be cut some slack.

UNITED should just sell this guy to the highest bidder abroad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:01pm On Jun 05, 2013
chrisley024: Wayne Rooney has warned Manchester United he wants to play as the main striker next season if he is to stay at Old Trafford - THE TIMES

sell the fat bastärd already......
who is he to be warning the biggest football institution in the world? he's not even a mancunian, he's a bloody scouser. i hope the yobs from manchester give him another night visit!

rooney is a traitor - he held the club to a ransom in 2010 but thanks to nani & berbatov, we sailed through that season and won the league. he's back again with his ridiculous demands. if he wants to play as a striker, he should join crystal palace. they would make him the captain, lone striker, manager and whatever rubbish he demands!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by teemoe(m): 1:04pm On Jun 05, 2013
The new manutd jersey is out.....i love the collar on this one.......gives it a mature and classic look....

Cant wait to get my sixpacks in one.......*shows pot belly*

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 2:41pm On Jun 05, 2013
Hehehehe. . . ,Rooney's wages alone will pay for Crystal Palace's entire starting line up. cheesy

It would be funny seeing Rooney living down south with the man dem. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 2:48pm On Jun 05, 2013
Players don't even wear black football boots anymore.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:57pm On Jun 05, 2013
Javier Hernandez’s agent confirms Chicharito will stay at Manchester United this summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:00pm On Jun 05, 2013
debosky: Hehehehe. . . ,Rooney's wages alone will pay for Crystal Palace's entire starting line up. cheesy

It would be funny seeing Rooney living down south with the man dem. grin

rooney needs to have his wings clipped!
united can do without him - there are hundreds of strikers all over the world that can play his role without temper tantrums!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:05pm On Jun 05, 2013

He can play there very well. But who will give him the support from behind? No coach will have our four strikers and play Rooney at the top, the other three strikers are not so strong on the ball while playing the creative role. Welbeck is the strongest among the three but his final pass/ball lacks intelligence and precision. This is why the club has had problems disposing of Giggs.

Robin Van Persie is a natural top 9, so Rooney should understand and play behind. If he insist on going, I wish him very well. All his services and outrstanding performances for the club are very much appreciated.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:13pm On Jun 05, 2013
elampiro: You people hve come again with this 'sell Rooney'. Have statistics not proven categorically that Man United struggles when he doesn't start matches? Have statistics not revealed that he made so much revenue for the club big enough to pay players and coaching crew? Statistics also proved that Rooney on the pitch without Ronaldo got better results for Manchester United than Ronaldo on the pitch without Rooney, except for one season. It was a miscalculation for anyone to have sat him on the bench.

He is fat? Olalala. He has always had that stature, and he made a typical run with his 'fatness' and got a great goal against Brazil. He is a bull and a big game player. A pure class.

We are not selling him even for a billion pounds, except if he insist. Imagine the ridiculous names being suggested. Half baked players, incomplete players, players who can't withstand constant pressure. I beg only Fabregas can come close replacing Rooney. His role is too enormous and his contributions unquantifiable.

This report card further reveals his enormous relevance on the field of play.
How about selling Young & Nani then add £30m to the cash+Rooney in a package to Madrid in exchange for Cristiano Ronaldo? Surely not a bad move if Madrid & Ronaldo are willing?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 3:32pm On Jun 05, 2013
Van persie and Rooney

Kagawa

Fabregas/strootman/wanyama, Nani

Carrick

Evra, vidic, ferdinand, rafeaL

De'gea

Doesn't dis Look good? Guys
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2013
Let's assume we wanna selL young and nani, incLuding vaLencia, den no more wing pLay

Van persie, Rooney

Kagawa, fabregas, strootman

Carrick

Evra, vidic, ferdinand, rafaeL

De'gea
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:21pm On Jun 05, 2013
Congratulation Nigeria on Super Eagles victory in Keyan.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 05, 2013
elampiro: Congratulation Nigeria on Super Eagles victory in Keyan.
Gbagun extravaganza.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:44pm On Jun 05, 2013
SailorXY:
How about selling Young & Nani then add £30m to the cash+Rooney in a package to Madrid in exchange for Cristiano Ronaldo? Surely not a bad move if Madrid & Ronaldo are willing?

sell young/nani?
why not sell valencia and rooney, add the proceeds to the £40m warchest to bring in ronaldo, khedira and lassana diarra?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:49pm On Jun 05, 2013
SailorXY:

Rooney, Nani and Young out for Ronaldo? No. Who will give Ronaldo the ball.s? This depends on who the club decides to sign along Ronaldo. There has to be a creative striker/offensive player to coordinate the attacking build up. The best in this regard are Iniester, Rooney and Roben. Some other good ones are Oscar, Hazard, Mata, Sylva, Aguero, Di Maria and Ozil. In my opinion, only Arjen Roben did better than Wayne Rooney this season in this area. Most of or all other guys listed above also have fewer goals. So we have to think well. I have always felt Fabregas will be a good substitution for Rooney. Fabregas is calm, calculative and has a marvellous final ball as compared to most guys listed up there who just run and run without able to stabilize the game for the overall team benefit.

In Man United, Welbeck is the other striker giving a sign of being able to build attack and hold the ball firmly under tight marking. But he lacks the creativity in the last 30 yards to help his fellow strikers get goals, this is coupled with the fact that he cannot score.

You see Carrick, Cleverly, Evra, Young and Anderson play more with Rooney before finding a room for RVP and Chicha. Then when the ball is stuck the top guys most often find Rooney again, sometimes Giggs. Holding the ball firmly in the final third while facing great defenders is a massive task. Man U also has a few players who are able to hold possession firmly in the centre circle area and drive with it- Rooney, Welbeck, Nani, Young, Giggs Valencia and Evra.

So if Rooney goes, there has to be someone who is able to coordinate the attacking build up with ease and class. If you have standing strikers and midfielders only, it would hardly work. We will end up in the Totteham and Aston Villa zone of powerful play with little odds to beat big opponents.

So we should know the kind of people leaving and the kind coming. There shouldn't be room for vacuum.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
Manchester United are more confident than ever of
securing a deal for Benfica's Ezequiel Garay.
The defender will be in the Argentina XI to face
Colombia this Friday night but his representatives are
deep in negotiations with the Old Trafford club - with
David Moyes hoping he can have his man on board
before pre-season training begins.
A £17million deal is reported to have been agreed
months back with the Lisbon club and an investment
fund that owns some of the player's economic rights.
Rio Ferdinand's age and Nemanja Vidic's fitness issues
have pushed United into the market for a central
defender, while Leighton Baines is also expected to join
the club as first-choice left-back when Patrice Evra
finally returns to Monaco.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:57pm On Jun 05, 2013
coogar:

rooney needs to have his wings clipped!
united can do without him - there are hundreds of strikers all over the world that can play his role without temper tantrums!

E no easy like that.

Afterall Nani held us hostage last summer and even till now.

Ronaldo is doing his own in Madrid.

Well it is left to Moyes to build a new team which will play in harmony and produce results. But according to SAF, some kind of players don't fall from the trees, otherwise he should have got replacement for Giggs and Sholes ever since.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 4:58pm On Jun 05, 2013
The citizens are not smiling o, they've agreed a £34m deal for sharktar donesk midfielder, fernandinho. What are we still doing?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:00pm On Jun 05, 2013
coogar:

sell young/nani?
why not sell valencia and rooney, add the proceeds to the £40m warchest to bring in ronaldo, khedira and lassana diarra?

Is Madrid selling Khedira? How are we sure Valencia won't bounce back and we start to regret. We saw some flashes in the last game of the season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:02pm On Jun 05, 2013
Transfer rumour.

Patrice Evra is the latest player to join the Monaco chase.

Monaco and Galatasaray have been rumoured to make inquiry about Nani

Wayne Rooney wants to play up front if he is to stay at Manchester United.

Real Madrid have put a £20m price on tag on defender Pepe.

Gonzalo Higuain: "I have offers many outside Spain, but I decided to accept the offer of Arsenal, but that does not mean that I have finished all the procedures move to Arsenal, but there are still negotiations between me and them"

"I decided to go there because I'm still young and I see that the way the team played for me too and you'll get used to there quickly"

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (14218) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Nezzjnr and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.