Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,606 members, 7,865,461 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:32 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8879517 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:37pm On Jun 05, 2013
elampiro:
E no easy like that.
Afterall Nani held us hostage last summer and even till now. Ronaldo is doing his own in Madrid.

nani held who to hostage? our best winger wanted a new deal that would put him in the same wage package as ashley young and fergie was playing bingo with him. everyone knows nani is our best winger - why can't we just pay him 120k per week like young?

Well it is left to Moyes to build a new team which will play in harmony and produce results. But according to SAF, some kind of players don't fall from the trees, otherwise he should have got replacement for Giggs and Sholes ever since.

oh please, giggs has been rubbish since 2008 and scholes shouldn't have come out of retirement. yes, they are legends but it's time we move on and get replacements and make legends out of them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:11pm On Jun 05, 2013
coogar:

nani held who to hostage? our best winger wanted a new deal that would put him in the same wage package as ashley young and fergie was playing bingo with him. everyone knows nani is our best winger - why can't we just pay him 120k per week like young?

oh please, giggs has been rubbish since 2008 and scholes shouldn't have come out of retirement. yes, they are legends but it's time we move on and get replacements and make legends out of them.

If Scholes didn't come from retirement last season, we should have finished poorly far behind City. May be the problem was Anderson and Cleverly who got injured after raising everyone's hope high to heavens in the pre-season and early games of the season. The lost against City at Old Trafford also made Ferguson's hope in the young guys to crash.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:20pm On Jun 05, 2013
elampiro:
If Scholes didn't come from retirement last season, we should have finished poorly far behind City.

how about promoting pogba to the senior team or going all out to get a midfielder? to the best of my knowledge, dembele was rotting away in fulham as at january 2012.

May be the problem was Anderson and Cleverly who got injured after raising everyone's hope high to heavens in the pre-season and early games of the season. The lost against City at Old Trafford also made Ferguson's hope in the young guys to crash.

cleverley had already gotten injured before the derby loss. evans lost us the game, not the midfield! up until the red card, united had city pinned down even though we were trailing.

we lost a defender, fergie moved fletcher to the right back and left anderson alone in the midfield. fergie has always been daft in reacting to red card situations. he was the major culprit in that huge loss.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:24pm On Jun 05, 2013
Ronaldo thought he knew it all, says 'Special One'
Reuters – 6 hrs ago
Email
Share30
Print

View Photo
Reuters/Reuters - Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo reacts after failing to score from a free kick during their Spanish King's Cup final soccer match against Atletico Madrid at Santiago Bernabeu stadium in Madrid …more
MADRID (Reuters) - Self-proclaimed 'Special One' Jose Mourinho had only one problem with Cristiano Ronaldo when he coached him at Real Madrid -- he thought the world's most expensive player was a bit of a know-it-all.
Ronaldo joined Real from Manchester United for around 90 million euros in 2009 and took his goalscoring exploits to new heights under Mourinho, who left Real Madrid to rejoin Chelsea as manager earlier this week.
Asked in an interview with Spanish television show Punto Pelota why his relationship with Ronaldo had broken down towards the end of last season, Mourinho said the player had not taken criticism well.
"I had only one problem with him, very simple, very basic, which was when a coach criticises a player from a tactical viewpoint trying to improve what in my view could have been improved," he added.
"And at that moment he didn't take it very well because maybe he thinks he knows everything and the coach cannot help him to develop more.
"Cristiano has had three fantastic seasons with me, I don't know if they were the best of his career because he had some fantastic moments with Manchester United.
"I think we created a fantastic situation for him tactically in which he could express all his potential and turn that into records and goals."
Real's failure to win major silverware last season and reports of division in the dressing room have prompted speculation Ronaldo, whose contract runs until June 2015, may be seeking a move away from the Spanish capital.
Club President Florentino Perez has said the 28-year-old would stay and help Real win the 10th European crown they have been chasing since their last continental success in 2002.
"Cristiano Ronaldo is priceless," Perez, who was returned unopposed for another four-year term this week, told an Internet chat organised by El Mundo newspaper on Tuesday.
"We will do it (win the 10th European title)," he added. "And Cristiano will score a goal in the final."
http://news.yahoo.com/ronaldo-thought-knew-says-special-one-082700390.html
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:45pm On Jun 05, 2013
RVP's wife is challenging Coogar to a ball joggling. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:55pm On Jun 05, 2013
Lewandowski confident of 'dream' move this summer

By Stefan Coerts | Goal.com – 7 hours ago

Lewandowski confident of 'dream' move this summer

Robert Lewandowski is confident that Borussia Dortmund will allow him to leave the club this summer amid strong interest from Bayern Munich.

The Champions League runner up has so far been steadfast in resisting offers for the Poland star, but Lewandowski has little doubt that he will leave BVB ahead of the 2013-14 campaign as he looks to realize a "dream" move away from Signal Iduna Park.

"I expect that everything will be dealt with and that I can make the move to my dream club this summer. That will be in everybody's best interest," the striker told Sport Bild.

"Dortmund are a fantastic club that will always have a special place in my heart. However, I am looking for a new challenge for the future."

Lewandowski has a contract with Borussia Dortmund until June 2014 but is widely expected to depart the club this summer having refused to sign a new deal.

The 24-year-old has been linked with a number of big clubs over the past few months, with Bayern Munich leading the race for the striker's signature ahead of Manchester United. Source: Yahoo! Sports.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 11:10pm On Jun 05, 2013
coogar:

Blood of God!!! In the same world where Lewandoski is earning 20k a week. EPL is one big fraud.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:13pm On Jun 05, 2013
mbulela:
Blood of God!!! In the same world where Lewandoski is earning 20k a week. EPL is one big fraud.

lewandowski's life is about to change.
nani was on 90k when he made his demand. i don't think it's fair on nani when rooney pockets 250k per week and still complains about where the manager plays him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 1:34am On Jun 06, 2013
I wonder which players will be available when moyes is ready for d market grin

He should just come out and say smtin bout his targets b4 city hijack dem o..k
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:45am On Jun 06, 2013
Fussbot: I wonder which players will be available when moyes is ready for d market grin

He should just come out and say smtin bout his targets b4 city hijack dem o..k

Moyes is to resume work in July. Whatever players United is to buy may have already been negotiated by SAF. What we have is follow up. SAF said few weeks ago that they identified two bodies to be brought in and that work commenced January this year to get them. If SAF was around he would probably have been giving some tips. But it is usually safer to remain silent on your targets. Once people have an idea who SAF wants to buy, they immediately switch interest towards the direction.

Meanwhile, papers are reporting Manchester United are increasing their bid for Cristiano Ronaldo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 8:13am On Jun 06, 2013
elampiro:

Moyes is to resume work in July. Whatever players United is to buy may have already been negotiated by SAF. What we have is follow up. SAF said few weeks ago that they identified two bodies to be brought in and that work commenced January this year to get them. If SAF was around he would probably have been giving some tips. But it is usually safer to remain silent on your targets. Once people have an idea who SAF wants to buy, they immediately switch interest towards the direction.

Meanwhile, papers are reporting Manchester United are increasing their bid for Cristiano Ronaldo.
I still don't understand this our craze about Ronaldo, he is a very good player but he is about28/29 yrs old how many good year can we still get out of him that will justify the outrageous fee we will have to pay to get him not forgeting his weekly wages too. In my opinion, I don't expect him to score all those 40+ goals in a season he is scoring now if he eventually returns to England. That money can get us 2-3 very good midfielders and we will be good to go against any team in the world, I don't think we have any problem in the attack or defence, in fact we are too loaded at the front, the only hindrance is the sub standard midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 06, 2013
n0m0705:
I still don't understand this our craze about Ronaldo, he is a very good player but he is about28/29 yrs old how many good year can we still get out of him that will justify the outrageous fee we will have to pay to get him not forgeting his weekly wages too. In my opinion, I don't expect him to score all those 40+ goals in a season he is scoring now if he eventually returns to England. That money can get us 2-3 very good midfielders and we will be good to go against any team in the world, I don't think we have any problem in the attack or defence, in fact we are too loaded at the front, the only hindrance is the sub standard midfield.
I actually won't mind seeing Ronaldo back in United colors.
He still has at least 3 good footballing years to give us, if he came back.I respect him more than that ingrate sod called Rooney.
But I do have to agree with you about fortifying the midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:50pm On Jun 06, 2013
StarBoard:
I actually won't mind seeing Ronaldo back in United colors.
He still has at least 3 good footballing years to give us, if he came back.I respect him more than that ingrate sod called Rooney.
But I do have to agree with you about fortifying the midfield.

with the way ronaldo keeps himself? he has about 5 years!!! he doesn't drink and smoke. he's extremely fit.....he's a better future investment than rooney. rooney won't make it after 30.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:00pm On Jun 06, 2013
Whatever makes Ronaldo to return as a Manchester United player will automatically end the stay of Wayne Rooney to free up funds for the transfer, as well as wage package! It makes more sense tho, as Ronaldo will be a greater source of income revenue for the club, not forgetting potency on the pitch. He is a goal scoring winger & just about the same age as Rooney himself! Win-Win obviously
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 1:30pm On Jun 06, 2013
SailorXY: Whatever makes Ronaldo to return as a Manchester United player will automatically end the stay of Wayne Rooney to free up funds for the transfer, as well as wage package! It makes more sense tho, as Ronaldo will be a greater source of income revenue for the club, not forgetting potency on the pitch. He is a goal scoring winger & just about the same age as Rooney himself! Win-Win obviously
Fair enough, I can accept Ronaldo's return if and only if we let go of Rooney, otherwise I'll see it as a luxury. It won't be healthy for the club to have 3 players on £250,000 upward weekly wages.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:18pm On Jun 06, 2013
n0m0705:
Fair enough, I can accept Ronaldo's return if and only if we let go of Rooney, otherwise I'll see it as a luxury. It won't be healthy for the club to have 3 players on £250,000 upward weekly wages.

we can afford it.....
however, i would prefer us fortifying that midfield. any 2 decent central midfielders would do. diame, wanyama, vidal, cabaye, etc would do a job for us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:28pm On Jun 06, 2013
Madrid President was asked if he could afford Bale even for a hundred million euro. He responded yes. He said ''why not, players are neither too cheap nor too expensive because they are an investment''

If players are an investment for Madrid, they should as well be for Manchester United because we control the market more. There is a recession in Spain so the fans purchasing power is even weaker. Manchester United also has so much market in Asia and USA.

So, United should buy the big guys, whoever is available and rule Europe for some years, it is time. United should close their eyes for once and dig deep into the bank account.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:48pm On Jun 06, 2013
I beg Moyes should resume and let's get to hear news. It looks like all lips will be sealed till he resumes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:07pm On Jun 06, 2013
coogar:

we can afford it.....
however, i would prefer us fortifying that midfield. any 2 decent central midfielders would do. diame, wanyama, vidal, cabaye, etc would do a job for us.

From the little I have read about Strootman, I desperately want that young man in United. I will like Thiago too. I understand Thiago can be a thorn in the flesh of defenders from the left wing. So if he clicks, we can free young and retire Giggs immediately. When Thiago is injured, Nani can switch position to the left.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:08pm On Jun 06, 2013
Between Evra and Baines who do you guys prefer?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:21pm On Jun 06, 2013
evra is 500 times better than baines....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:34pm On Jun 06, 2013
elampiro: Between Evra and Baines who do you guys prefer?
EVRA! Cuz he is here now & chasing or signing Everton players right now doesn't cut it for me because it will not send out the right message to both fans & rival teams alike! Maybe if Ferguson was still gaffer, then fine but not right now with the Moyes & Everton coaching staff take over. I mean, we should not be planning to be Everton 2.0 surely undecided same applies to Maroune Fellaini
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 4:02pm On Jun 06, 2013
Word is Rooney will stay at man utd. I for one hope so.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:55pm On Jun 06, 2013
Mr_TA: Word is Rooney will stay at man utd. I for one hope so.

that's heartbreaking!
rooney to stay? this is bad news - bad enough to induce projectile vomiting!

-----------------
-----------------

this new kit is classsss! dang it!
it has to be the best home shirt we have had in 25 years.

^^^ when the collar goes up.....

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 6:32pm On Jun 06, 2013
coogar:

with the way ronaldo keeps himself? he has about 5 years!!! he doesn't drink and smoke. he's extremely fit.....he's a better future investment than rooney. rooney won't make it after 3028.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:44pm On Jun 06, 2013
Man City keeps signing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2013
elampiro: Man City keeps signing.
Why I'm I not surprised? Oh, I have been here before grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:00pm On Jun 06, 2013
This is when to sell Rooney ooo, ho ha dude has lost interest. Make he no block young guys like Kagawa & Hernandez future abeg sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:19pm On Jun 06, 2013
Soccer-Man City capture Brazilian midfielder Fernandinho

Reuters – 1 hour 31 minutes ago
By Sonia Oxley
MANCHESTER, England, June 6 (Reuters) - Manchester City have signed Brazil midfielder Fernandinho from Shakhtar Donetsk, the Premier League club said on Thursday.
The pacy 28-year-old had been on City's radar for much of the season and is known in England for scoring in the Ukrainian club's 2-1 victory at home to Chelsea in the Champions League group stages last season.
City, who have yet to appoint a successor to sacked manager Roberto Mancini, did not give any financial details of the deal but British media have widely reported the transfer fee to be abount 30 million pounds ($46.17 million).

Source: Yahoo! Sports.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:23pm On Jun 06, 2013
SailorXY: This is when to sell Rooney ooo, ho ha dude has lost interest. Make he no block young guys like Kagawa & Hernandez future abeg sad

No one is blocking anyone else. All have to prove themselves and fight for positions. Their performances on the pitch both in training and matches will be there for the coaching crew to see.

Some strikers are complete and some are limited. Some strikers are only good for certain matches or situations while others are always relevant in all situations.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2013
coogar:

with the way ronaldo GIGGS keeps himself? he has about 5 years!!! he doesn't drink and smoke. he's extremely fit.....he's a better future investment than rooney. rooney won't make it after 30.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:43pm On Jun 06, 2013
RuuDie:

grin grin grin

The fans here are funny o. This means Giggs has a better future than virtually all the players. Rooney at 32 will still be benching much younger players. And if Giggs is to continue, he might bench everyone else except Rooney.

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: TheLequte, Colson(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.