Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,153 members, 7,860,125 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:17 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2629) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8858700 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2626) (2627) (2628) (2629) (2630) (2631) (2632) ... (14213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:42pm On Jan 29, 2016
GBR1:

From what I've watched we've played well.

But then again this is a championship side.
Played which well undecided

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 29, 2016
Na d Mata wey all of u dey shout be dat o. Play him in d hole and put capable and technically gifted players alongside him and he'll perform.

Anyways, does anyone know of dis Okomu Oil team elampiro keeps comparing us with?? cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purplekayc(m): 10:43pm On Jan 29, 2016
offside goal...........

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 29, 2016
No Party!!!
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 10:48pm On Jan 29, 2016
elampiro:
Martial finally cut it back. He missed two chances to cut it back before now but he went for aimless cross.

What do you think about Varela? I was impressed by him today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 29, 2016
purplekayc:
offside goal...........
Go collect whistle from ref na lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:05pm On Jan 29, 2016
olabode89:

Yeah, his defending was decent and good concentration; ensured he reached the ball to clear it twice before his opponent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:06pm On Jan 29, 2016
And on our CB, Smalling and Blind seem to be on different frequencies; Smalling is also pushing ahead of Blind which creates a huge gap in our defence. They should be talked to seriously especially Smalling.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purplekayc(m): 11:07pm On Jan 29, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
i no no say you be man utd fan ooooo grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 11:08pm On Jan 29, 2016
chrisley024:
Played which well undecided
now you are being too harsh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:15pm On Jan 29, 2016
Chai! !...another food for Van Gaal. ...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purplekayc(m): 11:19pm On Jan 29, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
goal should have been cancelled .. with all the technology in the premier league ...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 11:35pm On Jan 29, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Na d Mata wey all of u dey shout be dat o. Play him in d hole and put capable and technically gifted players alongside him and he'll perform.

Anyways, does anyone know of dis Okomu Oil team elampiro keeps comparing us with?? cheesy cheesy

Are you kidding me??

Derby was really poor this night.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:43pm On Jan 29, 2016
olabode89:

He tried. 7/10
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:47pm On Jan 29, 2016
AdeLaNa1:

Did you watch the match.

Mata and Lingard no try tonight. For a long time I didnt remember we had a Lingard on the pitch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:50pm On Jan 29, 2016
Martial and Rooney had very good game throughout the night. Wish they can transfer that to EPL matches.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:08am On Jan 30, 2016
For those who don't know, Okomu oil is a club in Benin City. Most people from my area those days would go to play for Okomu oil if they cannot get into Insurance. It was used so much those days by players from my area as a stepping stone. I have not followed up with them recently to know how they are fairing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:10am On Jan 30, 2016
1. YAKUBU AIYEGBENI is back in the rating as Nigeria’s top-ranked performer of the moment and there is no arguing that he is the one worth celebrating tops of all others (at least for now), despite disdain from many critics and other football fans that refuse to forgive him for his horrendous miss against South Korea at the 2010 World Cup. However, a feat of 17 goals for Blackburn Rovers at the end of the past season, which included a brace each against top guns Arsenal and Manchester United, and a big-money transfer to Guangzhou R&F of China, where he notched three goals from his first four matches, once again reignited the cliché – ignore The Yak at your own peril! The product of Okomu Oil FC of Benin City and Julius Berge FC of Lagos, who also played for Meccabi Hafia of Israel before his adventure to England took off, is back again in reckoning with the Super Eagles. After reviving the form that made him a ‘demi-god’ at four other English clubs he played for - Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, Everton and Leicester City - pundits now expect Yakubu to once again showcase the lethal quality that shot him up to become Nigeria’s eternal third highest top scorer ever (with 21 goals).
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=7532
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:12am On Jan 30, 2016
25 FEBRUARY 2004 This Day (Lagos) »

Nigeria: Globacom League: NFA Suspends Okomu Oil

By Juliana Taiwo

Abuja — Over legal action
As the CAF League Champions, Enyimba of Aba and Shooting Stars kick off this year's Globacom Premier League this weekend, in Ibadan, the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) has suspended Okomu Oil Football Club from the league for taking it to court contrary to pro-league rules.
allafrica.com/stories/200402250410.html
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 30, 2016
ON THE RESULT AND PERFORMANCE
“I am very happy. The performance was also very good and I said that at half-time; that we can continue with the way we had played in the first half. We gave a goal away and it was by ourselves again, but I liked the performance in the first half, it had a lot of confidence and that is back which is very important. The second half was even better, we created a lot of chances and we scored goals. But also we created more chances to score more goals. I am a very happy coach.”

ON THE SUPERB PERFORMANCE OF ANTHONY MARTIAL
“He started not so good, I think, but I said that to him and after the first 20 minutes he came into the match and he was fabulous. I am very happy that he is a Manchester United player because I think he shall be a great player for Manchester United for a long time.”

DID UNITED PLAY WITH MORE FREEDOM?
“I have to say Derby County in the second half were pressing forward more. When we beat that pressure then there was more space and that was also the reason why we scored two goals.”

A CATALYST FOR MORE WINS?
“We have won every game in 2016 except the game against Southampton and that was because of the lack of confidence. We played at home and the fans were supporting us, so it [our performance] was a little bit ridiculous. But that's how it was. Now the confidence is back, we dared to play again and in spite of the pressure of Derby County in the second half we met that pressure, we created chances and we scored fantastic goals I have to say. The second and third were fantastic combinations and fantastic finishes as well.” 

DALEY BLIND’S GOAL
“It was unbelievable, but he sniffed the chance and that is why he can score. I also have to say that the youngsters did well too, so I cannot complain.”

PRAISE FOR THE FANS
“It is unbelievable and still they come to look to 'boring' Manchester United. It is fantastic – amazing!”

grin
Louis Van Gaal

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Jan/Manager-reaction-louis-van-gaal-reacts-to-derby-county-v-manchester-united.aspx
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by landinfo: 12:56am On Jan 30, 2016
I sincerely miss Gary Neville's rant against LVG....abeg shey Gary dey on leave abi hin dey paternity leave Talk is cheap, if na lie ask Sunday Oliseh wey don forget hin analysis on Supersport, Supersport column & blogging
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 6:47am On Jan 30, 2016
elampiro:
For those who don't know, Okomu oil is a club in Benin City. Most people from my area those days would go to play for Okomu oil if they cannot get into Insurance. It was used so much those days by players from my area as a stepping stone. I have not followed up with them recently to know how they are fairing.

I'm sure you went there for trials but you were rejected. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chestar5(f): 7:33am On Jan 30, 2016
Man u is BACK! Watch how they enter top 4 undecided... LVG is d best undecided...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:20am On Jan 30, 2016
I read we kicked arse yesterday, depay get any minute at all and how him performance be ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 30, 2016
purplekayc:
goal should have been cancelled .. with all the technology in the premier league ...
Mistakes happen. Besides, the linesmen are only human
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 30, 2016
elampiro:

Did you watch the match.

Mata and Lingard no try tonight. For a long time I didnt remember we had a Lingard on the pitch.

capricornian:

Are you kidding me??

Derby was really poor this night.
And i'm not saying Mata was d best player on d pitch yesterday either. He's just unfortunate to be surrounded by shîtty players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 30, 2016
Okomu Oil!!
The name alone is enough to make u LMAO!!!!!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 30, 2016
Chestar5:
Man u is BACK! Watch how they enter top 4 undecided... LVG is d best undecided...
Dont u ve a baby to brezzfeed or something??

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chestar5(f): 9:03am On Jan 30, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Dont u ve a baby to brezzfeed or something??

no, have alredi brezzfeed our baby undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 9:44am On Jan 30, 2016
Rooney has discovered his scoring boots again, soon he will be the all time scorer for united, all hail king wazza.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:06am On Jan 30, 2016
AdeLaNa1:

And i'm not saying Mata was d best player on d pitch yesterday either. He's just unfortunate to be surrounded by shîtty players.
Don't say that pls. He was the worst player on the pitch and almost cost us a goal even. Unable to hold ball and make simple passes are beyond coach tactics and the surrounding players. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:15am On Jan 30, 2016
Juan mata scored de goal dat buried de game 4 us, weda him no hold ball well o, abi him no play pass well o, na una sabi.. he made up 4 de poor performance wit de goal dat buried d game. Afterall ronaldo de play rubbish almost throughout de whole 90min only 2 score when it really matters.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2626) (2627) (2628) (2629) (2630) (2631) (2632) ... (14213) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.