Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,596 members, 7,865,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:13 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8879472 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (14218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:48am On Jun 17, 2013
dayokanu:

And whats Oscars weight when he was shining?

Oscar is 66 Kg at 21 while Kagawa is 64kg at 24.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:52am On Jun 17, 2013
elampiro: You people should not put Suarez in Kagawa's level. Suarez is surely more conspicuous in this match than Kagawa last night's. Kagawa was swallowed by that match.

And Suarez scored a magic goal against the best team in the world, the type we saw him scored in EPL several times. Another trade mark goal against Spain. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 9:26am On Jun 17, 2013
Wen I said it few months ago,coogar immediately attacked me

Kagawa is weak!#fact

Kagawa can't win 50/50

Kagawa can't beat defenders

But gifted technically

We didn't notice all these wen he was @ dortmund cus he had a sahin,reus,gotze,(all attacking nidfielders) attacking 2ru d midfield..all he was doing was just to keep possessions and score goals

Now he came to man utd wia all our midfidas are defensive and our formation too did not help matters last season..but should we find each 4mtion dat suits all our players?dat's y he is d one to up his game to blend with d formation as a proffessional...

I know he can improve though,he just needs some special sessions with valencia or evra grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:32am On Jun 17, 2013
montelik: Hernandez's all round game is really improving. There were signs during the regular season. We would have seen more of it if SAF hadn't insisted on never rotating RVP. Hopefully Moyes will give Chicha more opportunities and also restore Welbeck to his natural position.

If "white Pele" likes, he should show up for pre-season as terribly out of shape as he did the 2 previous seasons and he might find himself being the new Berba, frozen to the bench.
Of course white Pele will arrive in his fat skin as usual, probably he is the person that just delivered the baby & not his wife. Chicharito will be ahead of him as long as the race for centre forward is concerned. We actually can do without a Rooney replacement should he leave, although no one will say no Lewandowski, competition keeps a top player on his toes which is healthy for the top team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:27am On Jun 17, 2013
It seems Nani is likely to stay at Oldtraford next season ... I wish he could stay ....
STATS: Nani’s past achievements in comparison to Silva, Mata, Bale…
June 17, 2013 5 Comments

Yesterday, Nani revealed that he might not be leaving Manchester United this summer, as most people had expected. This news was met with disappointment from plenty of reds, with his poor form last season leading people to believe he’d had enough chances at the club.

He didn’t play well in 2012/2013, although he suffered from injuries and wasn’t given a regular run in the team even when fit.

Still, is one bad season justification for wanting rid? How did he perform in recent seasons?

2011/2012
- Started 24 games, played in 29
- Assisted 10 goals, only 5 players assisted more (and Valencia was the only one of those to play in fewer games)
- Scored 8 league goals (notably against Arsenal, Chelsea) and a total of 10 (not including the 2 he scored against City in the Community Shield).
- 1.8 successful dribbles per game (7th highest in the league)
- 0.62 goals/assists per game. For comparison: Valencia 0.63, Silva 0.58, Mata 0.56, Bale 0.53, Nasri 0.47, Walcott 0.46.

2010/2011
- Voted Player of the Year by his team mates
- Named Man of the Match 6 times (only Tevez, 7, and Van Persie, 8, had more)
- Started 31 games, played in 33
- Assisted 14 goals, more than any player in the league
- Scored 9 league goals (notably against City and Spurs) and a total of 10.
- 2.5 successful dribbles per game (2nd highest in the league)
- 0.70 goals/assists per game. For comparison: Walcott 0.57, Young 0.5, Arshavin 0.46, Silva 0.31, Milner 0.19.

2009/2010
- Started 19 games, played in 23
- Assisted 6 goals (20th in the league)
- Scored 4 goals in the league and a total of 6, including the 2 against Bayern Munich (and not including 1 against Chelsea in the Community Shield)
- 0.43 goals/assists per game. For comparison: Malouda 0.61, Lennon 0.55, Milner 0.53, Valencia 0.35, Young 0.32.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 10:33am On Jun 17, 2013
DAMN!!! You guys are very harsh, anyone that has not been watching Rooney's game will think he is that bad a player. I guess most of the bitterness towards him stem from the fact that he asked for a transfer for the 2nd time, well, I also think United should sell him off, but that does not take away his qualities, he has been immense for the team and the team struggles to penetrate the opposition without him on the field. Presently United will struggle if they let him go unless we get player like fabregas or any other ball playing midfielder to replace him. So hate him, but also acknowledge his contributions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:36am On Jun 17, 2013
You'd be mad to turn down United! Rio urges Cesc and Lewandowski to become legends at Old Trafford

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2343004/Rio-Ferdinand-urges-Cesc-Fabregas-Robert-Lewandowski-join-Manchester-United.html#ixzz2WSsEKohw
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:39am On Jun 17, 2013
n0m0705: DAMN!!! You guys are very harsh, anyone that has not been watching Rooney's game will think he is that bad a player. I guess most of the bitterness towards him stem from the fact that he asked for a transfer for the 2nd time, well, I also think United should sell him off, but that does not take away his qualities, he has been immense for the team and the team struggles to penetrate the opposition without him on the field. Presently United will struggle if they let him go unless we get player like fabregas or any other ball playing midfielder to replace him. So hate him, but also acknowledge his contributions.
guy forget about all Rooney hype ... lets look forward too see what Moyes has for us next season . . No one said that Rooney was a bad player buh he is asking for too much ... he is not content with what he's got already
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:38am On Jun 17, 2013
JayKayMaybachz: guy forget about all Rooney hype ... lets look forward too see what Moyes has for us next season . . No one said that Rooney was a bad player buh he is asking for too much ... he is not content with what he's got already

Rooney is not asking for anything financial.

There is unnecessary hate for him on this thread. Check his national team record recently, he scores virtually in all games. That doesn't support any loss of form. His goals per game for England is increasing as compared to his earlier years. Sometimes I wonder if some posters here watch United matches to see how our attacks are built. Perhaps they watch only highlights and statistics to see who put the ball in the net eventually.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:47am On Jun 17, 2013
n0m0705: DAMN!!! You guys are very harsh, anyone that has not been watching Rooney's game will think he is that bad a player. I guess most of the bitterness towards him stem from the fact that he asked for a transfer for the 2nd time, well, I also think United should sell him off, but that does not take away his qualities, he has been immense for the team and the team struggles to penetrate the opposition without him on the field. Presently United will struggle if they let him go unless we get player like fabregas or any other ball playing midfielder to replace him. So hate him, but also acknowledge his contributions.

You must be an ex-footballer to be able to understand the game like this. Some guys here don't appreciate attacking build up, all they know is he person that put the ball in the net. Without some key players, some other players won't function properly. They will be tamed and those penetration won't be possible in difficult matches.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:32pm On Jun 17, 2013
Valencia trying to push the ambulance car to save time in his National Team match against Argentina. Lol

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:51pm On Jun 17, 2013
Fussbot: Wen I said it few months ago,coogar immediately attacked me

Kagawa is weak!#fact

Kagawa can't win 50/50

Kagawa can't beat defenders

But gifted technically

We didn't notice all these wen he was @ dortmund cus he had a sahin,reus,gotze,(all attacking nidfielders) attacking 2ru d midfield..all he was doing was just to keep possessions and score goals

Now he came to man utd wia all our midfidas are defensive and our formation too did not help matters last season..but should we find each 4mtion dat suits all our players?dat's y he is d one to up his game to blend with d formation as a proffessional...

I know he can improve though,he just needs some special sessions with valencia or evra grin

He should hit the gym. Welbeck was once a soft player. Ronaldo works like a body builder in the gym.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 1:45pm On Jun 17, 2013
JayKayMaybachz: guy forget about all Rooney hype ... lets look forward too see what Moyes has for us next season . . No one said that Rooney was a bad player buh he is asking for too much ... he is not content with what he's got already
This is the future we are talking about, the nearest by the way. Even though I do not like the fact that Rooney is asking for transfer, I can relate to his situation to some extent, he was like our own messi last season and all of a sudden he was relegated to more or less a bit part player. It all started from the very 1st game of the season, the team had a poor game, Rooney was relegated to the bench in the next and so it goes. I think any other player of his status would have reacted the same way if put in such situation. Be it Mess, Ronaldo etc we all saw what happened when mourinho benched Cassillas for one match.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 1:53pm On Jun 17, 2013
elampiro:

There is unnecessary hate for him on this thread. Check his national team record recently, he scores virtually in all games. That doesn't support any loss of form. His goals per game for England is increasing as compared to his earlier years. Sometimes I wonder if some posters here watch United matches to see how our attacks are built. Perhaps they watch only highlights and statistics to see who put the ball in the net eventually.
Without Rooney our attack lacks impact/result. Only beautiful futball wit notin 2 show 4 it.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 4:06pm On Jun 17, 2013
elampiro:

What then is he asking for? More playing time even when he is quite clearly stinking the joint!?

Oga. When he starts playing and delivering like a certain LM10 or CR7, he will be treated as such; at present, he is no where near the form or ligue of the aforementioned and should not be expecting to be treated as such! Maybe in the national side - because everybody knows that in the country of the blind... ... ... ...

Make e dey there dey form big boy based on I get am before... na for 'im face so Bale and Neymar dey come up; small time dem go overshadow am leave am for back!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:29pm On Jun 17, 2013
chrisley024: Without Rooney our attack lacks impact/result. Only beautiful futball wit notin 2 show 4 it.

that's a big lie!
rooney did not play any part against southampton(3-2), wigan(4-0), liverpool away(2-1) and we won those games consecutively

later in the season, rooney did not play against newcastle(4-3), west brom(2-0), wigan(4-0) and liverpool(2-1) at old trafford! 4 consecutive league games of sëxy attacking football!

the number of goals we scored in rooney's absence suggests we can do without him. united score goals regardless of who is playing or who is absent!

rooney can fück off!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:51pm On Jun 17, 2013
RuuDie:

What then is he asking for? More playing time even when he is quite clearly stinking the joint!?

Oga. When he starts playing and delivering like a certain LM10 or CR7, he will be treated as such; at present, he is no where near the form or ligue of the aforementioned and should not be expecting to be treated as such! Maybe in the national side - because everybody knows that in the country of the blind... ... ... ...

Make e dey there dey form big boy based on I get am before... na for 'im face so Bale and Neymar dey come up; small time dem go overshadow am leave am for back!

It is normal for the young to grow. Rooney was also a force when he was the age of Bale and Neymar.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2013
On a serious note, who exactly do we have hope of signing?? Cuz I don dey fear sef. We were hearing Strootman, Thiago, now na van Ginkel abi wetin? We no need another youngster gamble at this time ooo, especially in MIDFIELD
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:06pm On Jun 17, 2013
coogar:

that's a big lie!
rooney did not play any part against southampton(3-2), wigan(4-0), liverpool away(2-1) and we won those games consecutively

later in the season, rooney did not play against newcastle(4-3), west brom(2-0), wigan(4-0) and liverpool(2-1) at old trafford! 4 consecutive league games of sëxy attacking football!

the number of goals we scored in rooney's absence suggests we can do without him. united score goals regardless of who is playing or who is absent!

rooney can fück off!

Even Barca has great results without Messi.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
elampiro:

except that messi did not make a transfer request....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 7:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
elampiro:

Like the 0-3 at home vs Bayern
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:23pm On Jun 17, 2013
dayokanu:

Like the 0-3 at home vs Bayern

This was just a one off. He was only spared of the disgrace, he was there when they took four.

Barca won convincingly in many other matches he didn't feature.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:33pm On Jun 17, 2013
Kevin Strootman has set his sights on a move to the Premier League despite interest from across Europe.

The PSV Eindhoven midfielder, who has won 18 senior caps, captained Holland to the semi-finals of the European Under-21 Championship and is now set to decide his future.

He has three years remaining on his contract in Eindhoven, but he has been the subject of much speculation and it is expected he will leave the club this summer.

Napoli are the latest club to declare an interest and Strootman's agent Chiel Dekker has also confirmed clubs from France and Russia have expressed a desire to sign the 23-year-old.

However, Strootman has made it clear he wants to play in the Premier League.

"He is focussed on England because that would suit his style, he has the physique, the character and the fitness for it. I am certainly not afraid he could handle that level."

Manchester United's chief scout Jim Lawlor saw Strootman in action against Russia during the Under-21 Championship, although, as yet, new Red Devils chief David Moyes is still to make a move.

"Kevin has ambition but it is not in my hands, from PSV it would have to be a step up to a good club. It is not simple though because the price will be expensive and not many teams can afford him.The clubs know what he can do now. It is up to them whether they want to reach an agreement with PSV and take him." (Source: Talksport) #mufs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:43am On Jun 18, 2013
Latest transfer speculation/news

Thiago Alcantara has told Barca he wants to leave. Report (Catalan sports)

Thiago Alcantara is said to have two Premier League teams interests and United reported to already sent a bid. - report

Milan CEO Galliani has called manager Allegri after Oduamadi scored 3 goals against Tahiti. Oduamadi will join first team next season. - report.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:41am On Jun 18, 2013

Guys! Let's say we buy strootman and thiago, hau is d Formation gonna Look Like? What's gonna happen 2 d Likes of Young, cLeverLy, kagawa, nani and vaLencia, where wilL dey fit in
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:06pm On Jun 18, 2013
dopeJemi:

Guys! Let's say we buy strootman and thiago, hau is d Formation gonna Look Like? What's gonna happen 2 d Likes of Young, cLeverLy, kagawa, nani and vaLencia, where wilL dey fit in

We need to sell some players. United has too many average players who are being expected to mature or click. Unfortunately, they may never click and it will be their best interest to go to places they can be valued more and develop their talents. It's such a full house needing a shape.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:20pm On Jun 18, 2013
elampiro:

We need to sell some players. United has too many average players who are being expected to mature or click. Unfortunately, they may never click and it will be their best interest to go to places they can be valued more and develop their talents. It's such a full house needing a shape.
okay! So who r d pLayers, who shud go and who shud stay? Cuz I realLy want thiago 2 av more pLaying time at united and kagawa as welL + I know if we get strootman hez gonna be a reguLar starter
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:34pm On Jun 18, 2013
dopeJemi: okay! So who r d pLayers, who shud go and who shud stay? Cuz I realLy want thiago 2 av more pLaying time at united and kagawa as welL + I know if we get strootman hez gonna be a reguLar starter

Please can you help us with proper spellings?

I will come back to comment later. But most of these things have been discuss over and over again. We have to think whether we need the three of Valencia, Young and Nani? Giggs is not fully gone too. Then we have Cleverly, Anderson and Fletcher for just one spot. Jones is also alternating with them there. There are plenty players, yet so much gaps. Even the defence, we have aging defenders, injured defenders, young defenders. The old defenders lack speed. The young lack experience despite physically strong and having speed and agility. The coach will have decide what to do and take some very hard decisions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:41pm On Jun 18, 2013
elampiro:

rooney and giggs are the ones that should leave and maybe valencia. the others have a huge future ahead of them!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:55pm On Jun 18, 2013
coogar:

rooney and giggs are the ones that should leave and maybe valencia. the others have a huge future ahead of them!

You have been saying Rooney should leave, now you added Valencia. Why should Valencia leave? I don't agree with this either.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:07pm On Jun 18, 2013
elampiro:
You have been saying Rooney should leave, now you added Valencia. Why should Valencia leave? I don't agree with this either.

valencia was rubbish throughout the season...
he's done. i am not sure he can get back to form again. he cannot even beat his marker anymore. he has been found out and he's lost a yard of pace.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:16pm On Jun 18, 2013
coogar:

valencia was rubbish throughout the season...
he's done. i am not sure he can get back to form again. he cannot even beat his marker anymore. he has been found out and he's lost a yard of pace.

You easily conclude about certain players you dislike and you are patient with the ones you love. Valencia's speed that led to the winning goal at Anfied is one of the highest in the history of football. He also showed sign of recovery in the last part of the season. Also did well when he came on against Madrid. It looks like Nani was poorer than him. So only one season, we should forget what this man has done and capable of doing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (14218) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Colson(m), TheLequte and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.