Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,290 members, 7,864,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:04 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8876228 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:22pm On Jun 18, 2013
@Coogar, what if the so called young players with future refused to develop? At their age, men were already men. Nilsteroy, Beckam, Giggs, Scholes, Rooney, Ronaldo, etc.

You only have to look at players like Obertan, Macheida, Tosin, Gibson, etc to know how much chances these young guys have. To me, 80% are average and will remain so.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:29pm On Jun 18, 2013
elampiro:
You easily conclude about certain players you dislike and you are patient with the ones you love. Valencia's speed that led to the winning goal at Anfied is one of the highest in the history of football. He also showed sign of recovery in the last part of the season. Also did well when he came on against Madrid. It looks like Nani was poorer than him. So only one season, we should forget what this man has done and capable of doing?

valencia's speed?
isn't that what's required? he won the ball, ran 50 yards into space and he did nothing with the ball then dived to win a penalty when he had 4 players waiting for him to make a pass.

he did nothing against madrid. nani was by far our best player before the unfortunate incident. i can understand a player hitting a bad form for a month or two. valencia was rotten throughout the season. i cannot remember anything he did well.

elampiro: @Coogar, what if the so called young players with future refused to develop? At their age, men were already men. Nilsteroy, Beckam, Giggs, Scholes, Rooney, Ronaldo, etc.

You only have to look at players like Obertan, Macheida, Tosin, Gibson, etc to know how much chances these young guys have. To me, 80% are average and will remain so.

at that age, where was diego milito, drogba, luca toni, di natale, zidane and claude makelele?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:35pm On Jun 18, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvfLg8_Wi9s&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DEvfLg8_Wi9s

Antonio Valencia's insane speed against Liverpool. Without this, the match would have been a draw.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:37pm On Jun 18, 2013
elampiro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvfLg8_Wi9s&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DEvfLg8_Wi9s

Antonio Valencia's insane speed against Liverpool. Without this, the match would have been a draw.

without valencia on the pitch, united would have scored 3 goals. we wouldn't have needed a dodgy penalty to win the game. valencia was very poor on the day!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:38pm On Jun 18, 2013
coogar:

valencia's speed?
isn't that what's required? he won the ball, ran 50 yards into space and he did nothing with the ball then dived to win a penalty when he had 4 players waiting for him to make a pass.

he did nothing against madrid. nani was by far our best player before the unfortunate incident. i can understand a player hitting a bad form for a month or two. valencia was rotten throughout the season. i cannot remember anything he did well.

at that age, where was diego milito, drogba, luca toni, di natale, zidane and claude makelele?

Apart from Madrid's match, I didn't see what Nani did all season. No one is taking away his perfomance against Madrid. But overall, he was off form.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:46pm On Jun 18, 2013
elampiro:
Apart from Madrid's match, I didn't see what Nani did all season. No one is taking away his perfomance against Madrid. But overall, he was off form.

nani was far better than valencia in the season in spite of nani's limited appearances. it's not even up for a debate.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:47pm On Jun 18, 2013
What about young? Is he doing anything special? He doesn't penetrate defence or easily get behind a defence line.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:50pm On Jun 18, 2013
elampiro: What about young? Is he doing anything special? He doesn't penetrate defence or easily get behind a defence line.

young is better than valencia....
he played far better than valencia in the entire season. young plays with purpose and he's very intelligent. watch the manchester derby at the etihad again!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:50pm On Jun 18, 2013
coogar:

nani was far better than valencia in the season in spite of nani's limited appearances. it's not even up for a debate.

I await contribution from others.

But it's wrong to say Valencia is finished. Football teams are not run that way. Otherwise Robben and Ribbery would have been dumped years ago.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:54pm On Jun 18, 2013
coogar:

young is better than valencia....
he played far better than valencia in the entire season. young plays with purpose and he's very intelligent. watch the manchester derby at the etihad again!

Probably only one season better than Valencia.

Valencia has been our most intelligent winger behind Giggs for three years. He could pick a particular striker in the box with a long rage cross, he could easily get behind the defence line. He was the fasted in the EPL together with Bale and Walcot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 1:58pm On Jun 18, 2013
coogar:

I agree with dis, young and nani were far better dan VaLencia Last season, eLampiro, u shouldn't even argue over dis, did u watch our game against cheLsea in d FA cup first Leg? Damn! I feLt Like stabbing VaLencia 2 death, he doesn't know when 2 cut d balL 2 his Left Leg, if vaLencia doesn't go 2 d right extreme end 2 cross d balL den know its not him, give nani half d chance vaLencia had Last season and see what he'lL make of it.. we shouLd offLoad him and give chance 2 zaha or nani and I know u did not just say vaLencia is intelLigent
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:59pm On Jun 18, 2013
elampiro:
Probably only one season better than Valencia.

hahahaha - you got jokes!!

Valencia has been our most intelligent winger behind Giggs for three years. He could pick a particular striker in the box with a long rage cross, he could easily get behind the defence line. He was the fasted in the EPL together with Bale and Walcot.

valencia and intelligence should not be in the same sentence. intelli-what? rafael did better than valencia as a winger, never mind and young and nani. valencia is about as intelligence as a millipede!!!

see young's movement.....combo with van persie and the speed to drive into city's danger area and timing to perfection his pass to rooney! valencia does not possess such intelligence.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:08pm On Jun 18, 2013
coogar:

hahahaha - you got jokes!!

valencia and intelligence should not be in the same sentence. intelli-what? rafael did better than valencia as a winger, never mind and young and nani. valencia is about as intelligence as a millipede!!!

see young's movement.....combo with van persie and the speed to drive into city's danger area and timing to perfection his pass to rooney! valencia does not possess such intelligence.

I know this young's movement, it's in my memory. Young is the only winger we have who can't get behind defence line with ease. He most often reverses to pass back to Evra or Rooney or Kagawa.

I like all our wingers but, truth be told, they all have their strength and weaknesses. On the scale, Valencia is more of a winger than any one of the other two. I am not in a hurry to write off any one yet.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:14pm On Jun 18, 2013
dopeJemi: I agree with dis, young and nani were far better dan VaLencia Last season, eLampiro, u shouldn't even argue over dis, did u watch our game against cheLsea in d FA cup first Leg? Damn! I feLt Like stabbing VaLencia 2 death, he doesn't know when 2 cut d balL 2 his Left Leg, if vaLencia doesn't go 2 d right extreme end 2 cross d balL den know its not him, give nani half d chance vaLencia had Last season and see what he'lL make of it.. we shouLd offLoad him and give chance 2 zaha or nani and I know u did not just say vaLencia is intelLigent

Yes, Valencia was poor in that match. I was very angry too. But my point is, I give people benefit of doubt. Otherwise I would have been calling for Butner, Ferdinand, Kagawa and Anderson to be sold. Honestly I don't know who should be sold, but I have some players I just believe they won't click. Someone like Anderson has had plenty of time to command our midfield but he is not consistent. All I know is the team needs a streamline to reduce selection headache.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:14pm On Jun 18, 2013
elampiro:
I know this young's movement, it's in my memory. Young is the only winger we have who can't get behind defence line with ease. He most often reverses to pass back to Evra or Rooney or Kagawa.

young can't get behind defenders?
remind me, what was young doing here? watch the movement just before the moment van persie received the ball....

I like all our wingers but, truth be told, they all have their strength and weaknesses. On the scale, Valencia is more of a winger than any one of the other two. I am not in a hurry to write off any one yet.

in the same match, see the zidane-esque pass to chicharito....

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2013
elampiro:

Yes, Valencia was poor in that match. I was very angry too. But my point is, I give people benefit of doubt. Otherwise I would have been calling for Butner, Ferdinand, Kagawa and Anderson to be sold. Honestly I don't know who should be sold, but I have some players are just believe they won't click. Someone like Anderson has had plenty of time to command our midfield but he is not consistent. All I know is the team needs a streamline to reduce selection headache.
I telL u, so many pLayers occupying same position, buh what I wanna see next season is a Van persie and rooney attack
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:33pm On Jun 18, 2013
If I had my way I would have issued Young a sack note, that guy caused all the selection head ache that had all our wingers in piss form. What was he even bought for anyway? @ £17m?? Nani & Valencia was perfect foil for Ronaldo & Giggs, I'm still on the look out for a team that will even bid for Young. If we can get Thiago & Strrotman, a 4 2 3 1 formation is inevitable, & that spells the end for Young (definitely) & Valencia if he doesn't find his form again. Valencia picked up towards the end of last season, so I hope he continues in that direction.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:35pm On Jun 18, 2013
coogar:

young can't get behind defenders?
remind me, what was young doing here? watch the movement just before the moment van persie received the ball....

in the same match, see the zidane-esque pass to chicharito....

I didn't say has never done it, but it is normal for him to reverse. Valencia and Giggs are the two wingers who have the trade mark of getting behind defence line. Only that Giggs is old and his likes don't fall from the trees.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 2:47pm On Jun 18, 2013
SailorXY: If I had my way I would have issued Young a sack note, that guy caused all the selection head ache that had all our wingers in piss form. What was he even bought for anyway? @ £17m?? Nani & Valencia was perfect foil for Ronaldo & Giggs, I'm still on the look out for a team that will even bid for Young. If we can get Thiago & Strrotman, a 4 2 3 1 formation is inevitable, & that spells the end for Young (definitely) & Valencia if he doesn't find his form again. Valencia picked up towards the end of last season, so I hope he continues in that direction.
what about rooney and kagawa
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:55pm On Jun 18, 2013
dopeJemi: what about rooney and kagawa
I think it is in the best interest of the club, the fans & Rooney's camp to part ways for obvious reasons... Kagawa will do well next season with more game time in his natural position, same applies for Javier Hernandez
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 2:57pm On Jun 18, 2013
I think valencia actually deserves one more season, he was poor this last season but he has been quite good the previous seasons , plus he can always cover for rafael. I will never forget his combo with Nani last season(I forgot the match).
Anxiously looking forward to the new fixtures tomorrow morning.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 3:01pm On Jun 18, 2013
SailorXY:
I think it is in the best interest of the club, the fans & Rooney's camp to part ways for obvious reasons... Kagawa will do well next season with more game time in his natural position, same applies for Javier Hernandez
I can't stand rooney pLaying 4 another cLub, its just Like my girL sLeeping with another dude grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:21pm On Jun 18, 2013
dopeJemi: I can't stand rooney pLaying 4 another cLub, its just Like my girL sLeeping with another dude grin

I doubt if Rooney is going anywhere.

No club or coaching crew will let Rooney go without giving a fight. I am 90% plus certain he will be playing for us next season. Relax your mind.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:54pm On Jun 18, 2013
elampiro:
I didn't say has never done it, but it is normal for him to reverse. Valencia and Giggs are the two wingers who have the trade mark of getting behind defence line. Only that Giggs is old and his likes don't fall from the trees.

valencia and giggs?
our worst wingers by a long mile.... how many does even giggs play on the wing?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:12pm On Jun 18, 2013
dopeJemi: I can't stand rooney pLaying 4 another cLub, its just Like my girL sLeeping with another dude grin
Lollz
& what if your girl has asked for a break up, then you renew your commitment & even started giving her more money yet her performance dwindles. She then asks for another break up again?? Won't it be wise to grant her wish when its obvious you are just hanging by thin thread? If I were in your shoes I won't prefer a great fall tho grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:15pm On Jun 18, 2013
coogar:

valencia and giggs?
our worst wingers by a long mile.... how many does even giggs play on the wing?

Give credit where you have to and criticize constructively where you have to too.

Everyone has his qualities. Giggs and Valencia are the best in getting behind the defence line and picking a striker with precision in the box. I quickly added that he is old to show he can be allowed to retire. But truth be told, Giggs was very key to SAF jettison the diamond formation after our supposed young wingers all failed. Giggs was the only one who played well once he went to the wing. In December he was so instrumental in the busy period. Even the last match that ended 5-5 he showed he knows how to pick our strikers better than anyone. In his hey days, who will be Nani or Young to match him. Nani has a weak final ball. Nani and Di Maria have same sickness, they can do anything with the ball till the final pass/ball. While Di Maria appears to be improving, Nani is deteriorating.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 4:31pm On Jun 18, 2013
elampiro:

I doubt if Rooney is going anywhere.

No club or coaching crew will let Rooney go without giving a fight. I am 90% plus certain he will be playing for us next season. Relax your mind.
yeah! I'm certain too
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 4:51pm On Jun 18, 2013
SailorXY:
Lollz
& what if your girl has asked for a break up, then you renew your commitment & even started giving her more money yet her performance dwindles. She then asks for another break up again?? Won't it be wise to grant her wish when its obvious you are just hanging by thin thread? If I were in your shoes I won't prefer a great fall tho grin
[b]it depends on why she asked 4 a break up d second time, I wouldn't Let her go if I made her my girLfriend number two when she has been with me 4 a very Long time and I just decided 2 make a new girL my number 1, dat couLd have made her ask 4 a break up, now Let's reLate it 2 soccer, rooney asked 4 a transfer not because he is not committed 2 d cLub buh its because of d roLe he pLayed through out d season, Let's Look at van-persie, pLayed 10games without scoring a goaL and there were even times where he Looked Lost buh did fergie substitute him? No! Now Let's Look at rooney's case, a striker and a very good one at that, he pLayed behind, he fLops, he gets substituted, why? because RVP is there, dat kilLs a pLayer's spirit, rooney was our hitman, our number one, we all echoed his name, its not fair 2 him atalL, Rvp just took his spot and we just 4got alL d contributions rooney has made through out his years at united alL cuz we bought RVP, I want us 2 av a xavi and iniesta Like pairing upfront, RVP and Rooney, not sacrificing 1 striker 4 d other, rooney just wanna pLay his naturaL position dats alL he is asking for, I don't see why we can't av 2 strikers upfront[/b]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 5:08pm On Jun 18, 2013
imagine say messi go munich, dem kan carry robben go pLay centraL, he no kan dey do welL cuz of d position wey He dey, dem kan dey substitute am anyhow, telL me say He no go comot d cLub?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:21pm On Jun 18, 2013
dopeJemi: [b]it depends on why she asked 4 a break up d second time, I wouldn't Let her go if I made her my girLfriend number two when she has been with me 4 a very Long time and I just decided 2 make a new girL my number 1, dat couLd have made her ask 4 a break up, now Let's reLate it 2 soccer, rooney asked 4 a transfer not because he is not committed 2 d cLub buh its because of d roLe he pLayed through out d season, Let's Look at van-persie, pLayed 10games without scoring a goaL and there were even times where he Looked Lost buh did fergie substitute him? No! Now Let's Look at rooney's case, a striker and a very good one at that, he pLayed behind, he fLops, he gets substituted, why? because RVP is there, dat kilLs a pLayer's spirit, rooney was our hitman, our number one, we all echoed his name, its not fair 2 him atalL, Rvp just took his spot and we just 4got alL d contributions rooney has made through out his years at united alL cuz we bought RVP, I want us 2 av a xavi and iniesta Like pairing upfront, RVP and Rooney, not sacrificing 1 striker 4 d other, rooney just wanna pLay his naturaL position dats alL he is asking for, I don't see why we can't av 2 strikers upfront[/b]
Well said, but I must make corrections tho. Rooney has not been the main man in United from the beginning of the world, he met someone there who also made way for him. Rooney met van Nistelrooy, who subsequently made way for the younger generation when it was obvious he will no more be the main man. Van Nistelrooy also met someone, and so on. Rooney has rarely been the main man in Manchester United albeit an influential member of the squad, it was until Ronaldo left for Madrid that Rooney actually came to the fore playing as the point man. After a season of being the 'boss' he decides to start ruffling feathers! His contribution was well recognised & he was well "compensated". After that it was steady decline because he felt he was untouchable. Fergie put up with his nonchalance because United were in some financial mess, and it was obvious Fergie couldn't get the players he wanted. Things are not the same, Fergie went out & got RvP a top striker, then got a support striker in Kagawa. There have been times when Rooney has been poor throughout the season but keeps getting on the starting 11, and guess what? Hernandez has never grabbed a bottle in the dressing room threatening to smash Fergie's head. Fergie himself said Hernandez has done nothing wrong to be on the bench, yet Rooney was not in good shape, so why bench Hernandez & Welbeck tho I agree Kagawa didn't have a very good season but hey he just arrived?? Rooney was rightfully put in his place in the Madrid return leg & Welbeck justified his start! So what's all the Rooney fuss about? The occassional brilliance shouldn't fool us! Rooney is no more the go-to guy in Man Utd, he better accepts it or ship out #dazall
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 5:34pm On Jun 18, 2013
SailorXY:
Well said, but I must make corrections tho. Rooney has not been the main man in United from the beginning of the world, he met someone there who also made way for him. Rooney met van Nistelrooy, who subsequently made way for the younger generation when it was obvious he will no more be the main man. Van Nistelrooy also met someone, and so on. Rooney has rarely been the main man in Manchester United albeit an influential member of the squad, it was until Ronaldo left for Madrid that Rooney actually came to the fore playing as the point man. After a season of being the 'boss' he decides to start ruffling feathers! His contribution was well recognised & he was well "compensated". After that it was steady decline because he felt he was untouchable. Fergie put up with his nonchalance because United were in some financial mess, and it was obvious Fergie couldn't get the players he wanted. Things are not the same, Fergie went out & got RvP a top striker, then got a support striker in Kagawa. There have been times when Rooney has been poor throughout the season but keeps getting on the starting 11, and guess what? Hernandez has never grabbed a bottle in the dressing room threatening to smash Fergie's head. Fergie himself said Hernandez has done nothing wrong to be on the bench, yet Rooney was not in good shape, so why bench Hernandez & Welbeck tho I agree Kagawa didn't have a very good season but hey he just arrived?? Rooney was rightfully put in his place in the Madrid return leg & Welbeck justified his start! So what's all the Rooney fuss about? The occassional brilliance shouldn't fool us! Rooney is no more the go-to guy in Man Utd, he better accepts it or ship out #dazall
hmmm! I cudnt agree more
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 5:35pm On Jun 18, 2013
uhmm! Just incase He decides 2 stay, what wilL be ur formation @saiLor

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.