Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,676 members, 7,865,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:18 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2853) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8880279 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2850) (2851) (2852) (2853) (2854) (2855) (2856) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 3:29pm On May 04, 2016
chrisley024:
Rose is the best LB in EPL this season.
Lol!
The same calamity waiting to happen rose? Did you watch him for England against Holland?
His offensive skill is good but his defensive aspect is average at best. His positional discipline and awareness are so awful betwn!
The Dortmund game was another, where he looked pathetic and was culpable for almost all the goals conceded.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 3:36pm On May 04, 2016
SailorXY:
We need to find another forward to compliment Martial & Rashford in attack. Probably launch a stable 4-3-3 with 2 wide forwards for next season.

Januzaj can be given opportunities too, one cannot be too certain if Rashford will continue his form next term. It's not unheard of for young players to experience a second season slump.

Still I fully expect Memphis to be more serious on the pitch next season. He just has to be if he values his career.
seems you ain't tired of watching dis kids play, we should get a top CF and a top winger next season, the only kid that should be in our attack next season is martial.

.and how you see greizman, you no still fancy de guy as a winger in epl?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 3:37pm On May 04, 2016
kagawa10, mata or kagawa, who is the better AM?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:43pm On May 04, 2016
elampiro:
I was so pained that Leicester won the league. Is the EPL trophy now so cheap?

YES. Which is what I have been telling you for ages
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:04pm On May 04, 2016
Kagawa10:

Lol!
Ofcourse you would defend whoscored because otherwise, your love, Rooney would look bad for the rating constantly given to him for his needless predictable long ball!
Continue! More power to your elbow.

Rooney's long passes are predictable? Yet he gave a long pass for Martial to score a beautiful goal against Newcastle which analysts said is our best crafted goal of the season.

His long pass helped Valencia to set up Rashford to score against Villa. The screen shot, Rooney made the pass from the other end of the field to Valencia.

Those long passes help to set Valencia or Martial free to go behind the defence. They help to start our attack from the wing when the front box is clogged...

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 4:14pm On May 04, 2016
raumdeuter:

YES. Which is what I have been telling you for ages
epl is cheap because anybody can win it? no...its invaluable because u spend money doesnt mean u will win it. but bundesliga...u just need to buy ur oponents' best players to win it grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:16pm On May 04, 2016
lekkie073:
it would be quite difficult to agree to this unless u have proof dat u r one of their statisticians grin

May be you are new here. I have presented evidence to this effect in past in one of my arguments with Coogar.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:18pm On May 04, 2016
lekkie073:
epl is cheap because anybody can win it? no...its invaluable because u spend money doesnt mean u will win it. but bundesliga...u just need to buy ur oponents' best players to win it grin

It actually means any useless team or coach can win it. even a team that was battling relegation coach that hasnt won a league in his 30yrs career all over Europe and was sacked for losing to Faroe Island

Onigbinde should try his luck in the EPL he might actually win
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 4:21pm On May 04, 2016
elampiro:

May be you are new here. I have presented evidence to this effect in past in one of my arguments with Coogar.
ok...am newgrin

I need proof.....and dont tell me to start digging a 2000+ page thread for answers or else ...cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 4:25pm On May 04, 2016
raumdeuter:

It actually means any useless team or coach can win it. even a coach that hasnt won a league in his 30yrs career all over Europe and was sacked for losing to Faroe Island

Onigbinde should try his luck in the EPL he might actually win
o good competition should be open as such dat anybody can win it......not one dat only one team have a 95% chance of winning it....dats why even England have d highest number of teams to have won d ucl grin
even a third tier team in england can dream of winning d ucl because a fellow third tier team has won it before
case closed!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:25pm On May 04, 2016
Kagawa10:

Lol!
The same calamity waiting to happen rose? Did you watch him for England against Holland?
His offensive skill is good but his defensive aspect is average at best. His positional discipline and awareness are so awful betwn!
What's that? We're talking about epl and you brought that up, so the one time performance is why Fuchs is better and Rose a calamity?

Spurs is attacking with their attacking outlet mostly through Rose. He's also a member of the best defence in epl.
While Leicester is defensive and counter-attacking making Fuchs less likely to get exposed.

So if we also factor in the above, then, it shouldn't even be argued.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:28pm On May 04, 2016

Whoscored ratings explained:

WhoScored.com Ratings are considered to be the most accurate, respected and well-known performance indicators in the world of football. Our ratings are currently used among media giants, bookmakers and football clubs.

WhoScored.com Ratings are based on a unique, comprehensive statistical algorithm, calculated live during the game. There are over 200 raw statistics included in the calculation of a player'’s/team’'s rating, weighted according to their influence within the game. Every event of importance is taken into account, with a positive or negative effect on ratings weighted in relation to its area on the pitch and its outcome.
An example: An attempted dribble (event) in the opposition’s final third (area of pitch) that is successful (outcome) will have a positive effect on a player's rating. Ratings that are flashing show that an event influencing said rating has just occurred. Green indicates an increase, while red indicates a decrease in rating.

*Ratings that are flashing green indicate an increase, while red indicates a decrease in rating.
The scoring system for the ratings is out of 10, starting from 6.0, with 10 being the highest score. The ratings are updated live every 30 seconds during the game. Our data providers Opta will update and adjust statistics where necessary 5 minutes after the final whistle. The statistics, and therefore ratings, are also subject to change at anytime after the game, due to any further corrections that need to be made to the statistics.
A green star will be awarded to the man of the match 10 minutes after full time. A few minutes after full time our data provider will undergo a review process to improve the accuracy of the statistics, which may result in some stats being corrected/updated. Ratings are also subject to an increase or decrease based on the number of goals a team has scored or conceded, and whether the team has kept a clean sheet at 90 minutes. Such boosts in rating are affected by an individual's playing position and their time on the pitch and will be calculated at full time.

Lekkie073, in 2013/2014 season, during the peak of my arguments with Coogar, I placed a laptop in front of me in many matches over several weeks, possibly months. I followed how whoscored rating changed every minute or some seconds, I would see how a new rating flash in relation to an incidence that just took place. That was how I also knew opta many times get their formation wrong. Whoscored correct the formation after 5 minutes into a game, but some other times it just leave it.

Cc Kagawa10, Pls read above how whoscored work.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:31pm On May 04, 2016
lekkie073:
o good competition should be open as such dat anybody can win it......not one dat only one team have a 95% chance of winning it....dats why even England have d highest number of teams to have won d ucl grin
even a third tier team in england can dream of winning d ucl because a fellow third tier team has won it before
case closed!

Thats why EPL is like Nigerian league anyone can win it. For a team battling relegation and a manager who couldnt win any league his entire career? shame
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 4:33pm On May 04, 2016
raumdeuter:

Thats why EPL is like Nigerian league anyone can win it. For a team battling relegation and a manager who couldnt win any league his entire career? shame

Ehn...... klopp nko? Wetin him win before doing back to back for Bayern head?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:34pm On May 04, 2016
Double post.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:36pm On May 04, 2016
lekkie073:
ok...am newgrin

I need proof.....and dont tell me to start digging a 2000+ page thread for answers or else ...cool

See the proof in my post above. I have produced that article before together with other materials. But most of you were not paying attention to my arguments because you naturally took side with Coogar. Lol.

Although Coogar did not even dispute this aspect.

Ukwu!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 4:46pm On May 04, 2016
elampiro:

Whoscored ratings explained:

WhoScored.com Ratings are considered to be the most accurate, respected and well-known performance indicators in the world of football. Our ratings are currently used among media giants, bookmakers and football clubs.

WhoScored.com Ratings are based on a unique, comprehensive statistical algorithm, calculated live during the game. There are over 200 raw statistics included in the calculation of a player'’s/team’'s rating, weighted according to their influence within the game. Every event of importance is taken into account, with a positive or negative effect on ratings weighted in relation to its area on the pitch and its outcome.
An example: An attempted dribble (event) in the opposition’s final third (area of pitch) that is successful (outcome) will have a positive effect on a player's rating. Ratings that are flashing show that an event influencing said rating has just occurred. Green indicates an increase, while red indicates a decrease in rating.

*Ratings that are flashing green indicate an increase, while red indicates a decrease in rating.
The scoring system for the ratings is out of 10, starting from 6.0, with 10 being the highest score. The ratings are updated live every 30 seconds during the game. Our data providers Opta will update and adjust statistics where necessary 5 minutes after the final whistle. The statistics, and therefore ratings, are also subject to change at anytime after the game, due to any further corrections that need to be made to the statistics.
A green star will be awarded to the man of the match 10 minutes after full time. A few minutes after full time our data provider will undergo a review process to improve the accuracy of the statistics, which may result in some stats being corrected/updated. Ratings are also subject to an increase or decrease based on the number of goals a team has scored or conceded, and whether the team has kept a clean sheet at 90 minutes. Such boosts in rating are affected by an individual's playing position and their time on the pitch and will be calculated at full time.

Lekkie073, in 2013/2014 season, during the peak of my arguments with Coogar, I placed a lap top in front of me in many matches over several weeks, possibly months. I followed how whoscored rating changed every minute or some seconds, I would see how a new rating flash in relation to an incidence that just took place. That was how I also knew opta many times get their formation wrong. Whoscored correct the formation after 5 minutes into a game, but some other times it just leave it.

Cc Kagawa10, Pls read above how whoscored work.
noted...dats y u be my man grin
u must be a good onyekuzi grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:50pm On May 04, 2016
diggz:
Ehn...... klopp nko? Wetin him win before doing back to back for Bayern head?

Klopp was a young coach. Unlike Ranieri who has toured far and wide couldnt win until he this season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 4:54pm On May 04, 2016
raumdeuter:

Klopp was a young coach. Unlike Ranieri who has toured far and wide couldnt win until he this season

Don't you think this further weakens your point.

From what you typed above,one can deduce Raneiri needed experience and years to win the EPL while baby klopp with no footie experience as a coach only woke up one morning to win trophies back to back in your league.

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:55pm On May 04, 2016
lekkie073:
noted...dats y u be my man grin u must be a good onyekuzi grin
Na wetin be Onyekuzi?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 4:59pm On May 04, 2016
Kagawa10:

Lol!
What a double mouth!
I thought you mentioned that Herrera had the highest throughball made but now it's "only Fabregas and Isco made more than him". Yeye!
Gbr1 come and see your customer! This is the person you ought to keep monitoring inorder to boost your intelligence look rather than spinning others' posts.
Also, where have you been when I have been hammering on the no 10 role Herrera played in his last stint at Bilbao. As a matter of fact, he did little in that role, creating a meagre 1.6 key passes per game, not even up to 2!
What a disappointment!
ABegi, find some other player to defend. This is making you look bad.
This was how you kept embarrassing yourself on Morgan 'matter' the other day!
Abeg, swerve!
Liar! Liar!! Liar!!!
Another twisting. Show me where i said he had the highest number of through balls in La Liga.

You are only looking for a way out of your gaffe. You said some had high rating because his passes were sideways passes but stats showed you that he had the highest numbers of through balls in his team.

As a matter of fact comprehension is one big problem you have. We were talking about his team Bilbao. It was his team mates stats that i made comparism to when i said he had the highest rating and was their best player that season which you disagreed with. You also mentioned in this your post "no 10 role Herrera played in his last stint at Bilbao" Why then did you then stylishly brought in La Liga and Messi when you knew it was Blbao that we were taliking about? Trying to shift?

Read my last post again where i questioned your stylish bringing his stats in comparism to other players in La Liga with special reference to Messi. I seperately addressed that by telling you that even Messi had the same through balls as Herrera with only Isco and Fabregas who had higher numbers.

Now show me where i said he had the highest number of through balls in La Liga. Once a liar, always a liar.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:14pm On May 04, 2016
diggz:
Don't you think this further weakens your point.

From what you typed above,one can deduce Raneiri needed experience and years to win the EPL while baby klopp with no footie experience as a coach only woke up one morning to win trophies back to back in your league.

Klopp was a young coach who learnt at his first job and won the league at his second job unlike Ranieri who was an old horse has failed at 10 previous jobs and was already a joke among coaches but manages to win the EPL

Klopp winning would be like a Pocchetino winning while Ranieri winning is like Sam Allardyce winning
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:08pm On May 04, 2016
weedtaker:
seems you ain't tired of watching dis kids play, we should get a top CF and a top winger next season, the only kid that should be in our attack next season is martial.

.and how you see greizman, you no still fancy de guy as a winger in epl?
Greizmann is a good player & will improve many teams attack-wise.
I was calling for good players. I don't really care about age. Rashford is a very talented forward, make no mistakes about it.
I recognize quality when I see one, he may have issues with consistency & experience that's why he should have good competition.

Don't you think he'd have come up with double figures in the league had he stepped up from day 1?

Januzaj & Memphis are just as gifted naturally, what they need is confidence & a manager who'd actually try to improve their attacking skills, not curtail it with zombie instructions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 7:10pm On May 04, 2016
raumdeuter:

Klopp was a young coach who learnt at his first job and won the league at his second job unlike Ranieri who was an old horse has failed at 10 previous jobs and was already a joke among coaches but manages to win the EPL

Klopp winning would be like a Pocchetino winning while Ranieri winning is like Sam Allardyce winning

Bros I no get power to go back and forth on this.

I see ur response on city matter. I disagree with am but,too lazy to respond now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:14pm On May 04, 2016
Man City for the final grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:23pm On May 04, 2016
SailorXY:

Greizmann is a good player & will improve many teams attack-wise.
I was calling for good players. I don't really care about age. Rashford is a very talented forward, make no mistakes about it.
I recognize quality when I see one, he may have issues with consistency & experience that's why he should have good competition.

Don't you think he'd have come up with double figures in the league had he stepped up from day 1?

Januzaj & Memphis are just as gifted naturally, what they need is confidence & a manager who'd actually try to improve their attacking skills, not curtail it with zombie instructions.
we all are saying dsame concerning the CF role, i think we should get a matured cf like hiquain, rashford would be the teams 2nd striker, as for januzaj and depay, i think both of them should be loaned out to a club where they would get good amount of game time to develop their skill and boost their confidence, we don't need to be trying out youthful players next season especially in our attack, we are okay with martial lingard and reashford, we just need a quality RW and a CF next season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:32pm On May 04, 2016
weedtaker:
we all are saying dsame concerning the CF role, i think we should get a matured cf like hiquain, rashford would be the teams 2nd striker, as for januzaj and depay, i think both of them should be loaned out to a club where they would get good amount of game time to develop their skill and boost their confidence, we don't need to be trying out youthful players next season especially in our attack, we are okay with martial lingard and reashford, we just need a quality RW and a CF next season.
Loan deals are nonsense. Where is James Wilson? No good team will develop your player for you these days to the level they should be @ if they are to succeed here.

If we have to make our players then we should be patient & play them or simply discard & continue to spend money.

When you sign Higuain what happens to Rooney?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:37pm On May 04, 2016
SailorXY:

Loan deals are nonsense. Where is James Wilson? No good team will develop your player for you these days to the level they should be @ if they are to succeed here.

If we have to make our players then we should be patient & play them or simply discard & continue to spend money.

When you sign Higuain what happens to Rooney?
rooney own seff tire me, he should just accept the big money offer from that Chinese club, we can't contest for the league title with rooney and rashford as our main strikers, you seff check am naa.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:54pm On May 04, 2016
diggz:
Bros I no get power to go back and forth on this.

I see ur response on city matter. I disagree with am but,too lazy to respond now.

You dey see Kompany currently? Abi is that not one of the loaded players at City?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emaprince: 8:10pm On May 04, 2016
elampiro:

Na wetin be Onyenkuzi?
fixed!

It means Teacher.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:04pm On May 04, 2016
When I called Yaya Toure a CL liability dem say na hatred

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:13pm On May 04, 2016
weedtaker:
rooney own seff tire me, he should just accept the big money offer from that Chinese club, we can't contest for the league title with rooney and rashford as our main strikers, you seff check am naa.
Someone just contested with Vardy & Okazaki. Oh c'mon!
Change that manager first.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2850) (2851) (2852) (2853) (2854) (2855) (2856) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Yemike(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.