Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,779 members, 7,862,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:19 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2856) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8869815 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2853) (2854) (2855) (2856) (2857) (2858) (2859) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 10:38pm On May 05, 2016
I still hope LvG breaks his hip during his retirement.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:41pm On May 05, 2016
Kagawa10:

Can was getting played either in the defence or used a box-box midfielder with Lucas in the holding role while Milner was on the wing.
The lack of a good striker to stand in for Sturridge when he got injured was also another factor. Rodger would rather play Benteke than Origi to justify his signing considering the amount splashed on him. Klopp on the other hand had no problem choosing Origi over Benteke he wasn't the one who sign them to begin with.
But really, are you saying Coutinho, Sturridge and Firmino are poor players? These re young pacy fantastic flair players in their prime.
The difference is the manager!

Even your claim that defence was their main problem has not changed; they've lost points since Klopp came from 2 nil up, their win against Dortmond was from 2 nil down while they hardly keep clean sheet.

The same players, different managers, different results. Simple!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 10:46pm On May 05, 2016
Kagawa10:

Lol!
You kept on shouting lies this, lies that[b] but I don't even know what lies you are talking about it[/b]. At first I asked you, was it for his team or in the league and the obvious answer from any normal person would have been "in his team" but you didn't and were going roundabout about Messi, Fabregas and Isco. Lol!
Just accept that you goofed and I even gave you a chance to redeem yourself by asking you a simple question but you were just throwing tantrums.

You are still dancing azonto round the lie you told in print. Okay, this is the lie i was talking about.

Kagawa10:

You never made mention of whether it was in the legue or his team! That was why I asked you if the stat was in comparism with others in the la liga or in his team but then you were going roundabout!
I mentioned Messi due to the question I asked you by the way.
That said, for a player who creates 1.6 keypasses per game in the no 10 role, that's so awful.

tess1:

You no know ball in @elampiro's voice.

Herrera having sideways passes when stats showed that he had the second highest number of key passes and highest number of through balls in his last season at Bilbao. Does that add up? Or was he playing as a winger from the number 10 position he played then? Does that add up? You don't even know why he was the most rated player in that team. All you know of a number 10 is his assists without thinking of the quality of striker that is playing in front of him. Though, i'm not surprised that you don't even know that through balls are usually forward passes.

Abeg, go find something else doing. You no know ball at all.

I still maintain it that you are a perpetual liar. Continue looking for a way out by continuing lying.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 10:57pm On May 05, 2016
GBR1:

Kagawa10 is extremely disgusting. There was no way i'm agreeing that Liverpool's squad is better than our's. We are simply underachieving with our's and Klopp is doing a far better job than LVG. Have we forgotten when LVG said the Europa league was our best chance for competing for the CL? Then we got knocked out disgracefully and that lunatic of a manager told us our expectations were too high and we should focus on the league! Liverpool might get CL football next season even without finishing in top 4 spots, and they've earned it.
This frequent readjusting of expectations/plans must stop. A club like our's has the resources and structures to challenge every season for the title regardless of whatever happenings the previous season. This transition window period 3 years or whatever is total bullsh1t. It's only in United we're being told this filthy nonsense when almost all of the top clubs changing management never experience this problem. LVG has failed and it's time we moved on from him. Sincerely I'm really ashamed at how much time some folks need to spend in order to come to terms with this simple reality.
BTW villareal is a disgrace angry
Only an eediot like you wouldn't admit Pool has an excellent forwards that's capable of slotting seamlessly into our attacks.
Sturridge would displace Rooney without much work done considering a young Rashford had no problem pushing the sluggish Rooney aside. The pacy Coutinho/Firmino would make Mata their bittcch all day. Only Martial can have a say in that attack.
And considering our team has no one to play in the holding role other than the ageing Carrick and crocked Bastian, I don't see why Can wouldn't have slot into our holding midfield role. Milner is also a good player who constantly kept his place in City's starting 11 for a reason. He's far better than Morgan, Herrera and Fellaini.
Do you know Milner was his team best midfielder when he was at Aston Villa before his move to City just as Morgan, Fellaini and Herrera were for their small team to some extent?
Hence, what has the above mentioned players proved to show they are better than Milner to begin with?
When you actually take care of your disturbed mind centered on Lvg being the devil incarnate, you would realise that Manutd has an average team.
When you consider that our best midfielder till date is an ageing Carrick, then you realise we're fuccvked as a team.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 11:09pm On May 05, 2016
tess1:

You are still dancing azonto round the lie you told in print. Okay, this is the lie i was talking about.

I still maintain it that you are a perpetual liar. Continue looking for a way out by continuing lying.
Lol!
All you told us is that in his last season at Bilbao, he had the highest assists. Was it in his team or in the league? You failed to tell us that. You're really one funny dude!
Abegi, I don't have time for all this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 11:13pm On May 05, 2016
Kagawa10:

Only an eediot like you wouldn't admit Pool has an excellent forwards that's capable of slotting seamlessly into our attacks.
Sturridge would displace Rooney without much work done considering a young Rashford had no problem pushing the sluggish Rooney aside. The pacy Coutinho/Firmino would make Mata their bittcch all day. Only Martial can have a say in that attack.
And considering our team has no one to play in the holding role other than the ageing Carrick and crocked Bastian, I don't see why Can wouldn't have slot into our holding midfield role. Milner is also a good player who constantly kept his place in City's starting 11 for a reason. He's far better than Morgan, Herrera and Fellaini.
Do you know Milner was his team best midfielder when he was at Aston Villa before his move to City just as Morgan, Fellaini and Herrera were for their small team to some extent?
Hence, what has the above mentioned players proved to show they are better than Milner to begin with?
When you actually take care of your disturbed mind centered on Lvg being a devil incarnate, you would realise that Manutd has an average team.
When you consider that our best midfielder till date is an ageing Carrick, then you realise we're fuccvked as a team.
I knew you'd come up with this tripe. Where were these players when Liverpool was under performing and Rodgers got sacked? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 11:17pm On May 05, 2016
chrisley024:
The difference is the manager!

Even your claim that defence was their main problem has not changed; they've lost points since Klopp came from 2 nil up, their win against Dortmond was from 2 nil down while they hardly keep clean sheet.

The same players, different managers, different results. Simple!
I never said the defence has changed. It's still doggey by the way.
The only thing I would say is that Klopp knows how to motivate his players, especially when he sees a chance at trophy. He's good in that aspect but then he has a good team under but to claim otherwise is wrong. You don't really want to know the amount Liverpool has spent on the players in that squad.
Sturidge, Coutinho, Can, Firmino are all excellent players while Milner and Lallana are decent solid players who can put in a great shift with their boundless energy and stamina. Also, Origi, a young talent who displaced Benteke/Lukaku from the Belgium starting 11 at the worldcup.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 11:19pm On May 05, 2016
Kagawa10:

Lol!
All you told us is that in his last season at Bilbao, he had the highest assists. Was it in his team or in the league? You failed to tell us that. You're really one funny dude!
Abegi, I don't have time for all this.

Kindly differentiate between "at Bilbao" and "in La Liga". Are these two phrases the same thing?

Note that you just told another lie that i said he had the highest "assist". Where did i say that.

You`ve just confirmed again that you are a perpetual liar.

There`s no point continuing with this because you`ll later bring another lie up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 11:26pm On May 05, 2016
GBR1:

I knew you'd come up with this tripe. Where were these players when Liverpool was under performing and Rodgers got sacked? undecided
See my response to chrisley024.
Sturridge injury happened and Rodger would rather play the slow Benteke than Origi.
Can and Milner were used wrongly while the slow Lucas Leiva kept his place in the midfield.
I recall that Pool were actually doing well with Sturidge even after Suarez got sold last season but lost momentum as soon as Sturridge and Henderson got injured. That was when Can got moved from the defence to play as a box-box midfielder to reduce the impact of Henderson loss in the team but sadly, Can is no box-box CM. Milner with his boundless energy and stamina would have been the better replacement but he got deployed on the wing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:37pm On May 05, 2016
Carrick and Fellaini our best midfielders?? Sometimes u gotta wonder if na back of TV some United fans dey take watch match....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 3:20am On May 06, 2016
Manchester United have asked Jose Mourinho to replace Van Gaal as manager. In the summer of 2017 ... grin grin

http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/report-man-united-want-jose-mourinho-to-replace-louis-van-gaal-in-2017-34686471.html
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 4:21am On May 06, 2016
Kagawa10:

You want to tell me Pool forward trio of Sturridge, Firmino and Coutinho are not excellent compared to our previous attacks of the slow paced ageing Rooney and the sluggish Mata?
Also, Liverpool midfield of Milner and Can are solid players, not spectacular but solid.
Can may not be as talented as Carrick in the holding role but he's got fresh legs and he's a bit agile than Carrick while Milner is a better box-box midfielder than any of Morgan, Fellaini and Herrera. Although Milner maybe a poor man's Kante but he's got the same attributes as him for being both an offensive and defensive box-box CM.
Pool's problem under Rodger was their doggy defence and never their attacks. Also, the lack of quality striker to stand in for Sturridge when he was on the sideline.
According to this minister of bollocks Leicester City has better players than Manchester United to the level of seven players making a combined team. Now Liverpool also but you still do not realise (exonerate) who was in charge of the last four transfer windows.
You should be crowned.
Go and sit down in a very dark corner. Loius van Gaal will probably be amazed himself at this concise rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:10am On May 06, 2016
If Benitez goes to Everton and they start doing better than United, you will still suddenly hear they've better, younger and pacy players unlike the sluggish Mata and old Carrick/Bastian while only Martial can get into their attack since Lukaku and Barkley are better than Rashford and Herrera. undecided

You don't even know when to stop.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:36am On May 06, 2016
chrisley024:
If Benitez goes to Everton and they start doing better than United, you will still suddenly hear they've better, younger and pacy players unlike the sluggish Mata and old Carrick/Bastian while only Martial can get into their attack since Lukaku and Barkley are better than Rashford and Herrera. undecided

The way some fans argue is amazing .... simply b'cos a team is performing well, they suddenly become better individually than the bigger teams.. Some guys fail to realize that the manager contributes to whatever that goes on in a team e.g Benitez and R.Madrid, i believe that if benitez was still at R.M, they'll have been knocked out of UCL since..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:03am On May 06, 2016
Kagawa10:

When you actually take care of your disturbed mind centered on Lvg being the devil incarnate, you would realise that Manutd has an average team.
aside from that milner stuff
this is really hard to argue with its not a pleasant thought to entertain that is why it's not popular.
LvG still deserved to be shot.

what am not hearing from most of you that are against this point is who are the Utd players that are better than those he listed above.
forget form.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:12am On May 06, 2016
GloryIsaac:

The way some fans argue is amazing .... simply b'cos a team is performing well, they suddenly become better individually than the bigger teams.. Some guys fail to realize that the manager contributes to whatever that goes on in a team e.g Benitez and R.Madrid, i believe that if benitez was still at R.M, they'll have been knocked out of UCL since..
so zidane is a better manager than benitez ?
the coach that Madrid fans never wanted in the first place
a manager is only as good as the talent he manages.
when pool former manager had Suarez and sturridge he was beating the crap out of everybody,one left the other was always injured and they fell back to earth.
he recruited the wrong players and finally exhausted the good will that glorious season bought him.

let me ask you guys this question
who would you rather have a great manager or great players?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:25am On May 06, 2016
Kagawa10:

One is an attacker though while the other is a defender. Not to mention that Martial higher pass percentage should have offset his turn overs compared to Rojo's pass percentage.
Also, Martial was far better than Rojo in that match.
That's why I don't take their rating serious which is based on the stats. Viewing the game is what is most important.

I can't remember vividly what happened in the match but I just showed you why Rojo rated higher.

Rojo beat Martial in attacking stat. Can't you see that? Rojo also heavily beat Martial in defensive stat. One of the two should offset the pass accuracy.

You are trying to find a reason to discredit whoscored rating, I have told you it's the most objective rating because no rating is perfect. It's a good guide but not a perfect guide. You like to argue and argue and argue even when you are obviously wrong.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:40am On May 06, 2016
SIRcumalot:

this is really hard to argue with its not a pleasant thought to entertain that is why it's not popular.

what am not hearing from most of you that are against this point is who are the Utd players that are better than those he listed above.
forget form.

The argument here is the importance of the manager which can even be inferred from Kagawa10's post just that he has become LvG's ass licker and therefore can't spell it out, so other things written are irrelevant to the argument.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:44am On May 06, 2016
SIRcumalot:

so zidane is a better manager than benitez ?
the coach that Madrid fans never wanted in the first place
a manager is only as good as the talent he manages.
when pool former manager had Suarez and sturridge he was beating the crap out of everybody,one left the other was always injured and they fell back to earth.
he recruited the wrong players and finally exhausted the good will that glorious season bought him.

let me ask you guys this question
who would you rather have a great manager or great players?
Of course, a great manager is more important.

Benitez problem was more of mutiny.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 9:44am On May 06, 2016
chrisley024:

Lol! Tell that to the redcafe fans who worship the ground they walk on and wants Manutd to sign them!
On a serious note, Everton has the same problem as ours which is their best midfielder being an ageing Barry. Lukaku although more pacy and maybe a better striker than Rooney but he's a quite limited with his touch and control which are inconsistent just as Rooney's. Barkley on the other hand is all skill with no brain. That's not to even mention their pathetic defence consisting of overrated britons like Stones, Baines and Jakelga.
There's nothing impressive in that Everton squad except for maybe James Mccarthy who's boundless energy and stamina are quite fantastic.
Also, prior to the emergence of Rashford, you can't tell me our attack consisting of ageing Rooney and the sluggish Mata are great.
Even after some changes made in our attack, you can't say Rashford, Lingard and Martial are as good as Sturridge, Countinho and Firmino. With experience, Martial and Rashford would probably get there and even become better but right now, they are not yet as good although still quite better than our earlier attack of ageing slow-paced Rooney, sluggish Mata and out of sort Depay.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 10:03am On May 06, 2016
ChristineC:

According to this minister of bollocks Leicester City has better players than Manchester United to the level of seven players making a combined team. Now Liverpool also but you still do not realise (exonerate) who was in charge of the last four transfer windows.
You should be crowned.
Go and sit down in a very dark corner. Loius van Gaal will probably be amazed himself at this concise rubbish.
You must be blind to not see that leicester has a good players which have been individually fantastic, not just as team. You have Kante carrying the whole of Leicester on his back when Mahrez and Vardy had a little slump. Not to talk of their fullback, Fusch who was acquired together with Kante in the summer and has been purely beyond fantastic.
Mahrez is also another who's magical on his day and has been far consistent more than any winger in the league. Also, Vardy, a pacy fantastic finisher than anyone in our squad.
The truth is Leicester has been individually good, not just as a team. Why do you think the likes of Mahrez, Fusch, Morgan, Vardy and Kante all made it into the pfa shortlist? Even when we won the league under Fergie in his last season, how many of our players made into the pfa shortlist?
Better get off your Lvg hatred and admit that our squad are simply not good enough.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 10:09am On May 06, 2016
raumdeuter:

Last time you played Spanish opposition you lost either real Madrid Barcelona or even ordinary Bilbao you lost home and away

Check where bilbao is in the table
Liverpool just beat 4th place Villarreal blue and black.

Check where Liverpool is on the table.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hholar(m): 10:11am On May 06, 2016
someone will come here to tell
us how some players are not signed by lvg.so they can't perform
abeq which player klopp sign for that Liverpool team
walahi some people need to be stoned
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 10:20am On May 06, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Madrid had been lucky with their draw though against Wolfsburg and City. Even still, Madrid still looked awful in those games and had their galactico players (Ronaldo and Bale) to thank for bailing for bailing their ass out in both games respectively. I won't even say Madrid has been impressive as a team under Zidane, they just have worldclass players capable of turning it on whenever they like.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 10:23am On May 06, 2016
Kagawa10:

Seriously you are a joke!

The context of the argument was that LVG mismanaged his team and made them look bad, but you responded by saying Liverpool has better players.

You still haven't mentioned why Felliani, Herrera, Depay, Schneiderlin, Angel Di Maria, Falcao, had big reputations before playing for "The mad one".
Who knows what a good coach like Klopp would have achieved with these "Previously good" players.

You must be insane for inferring that Pre-United Di Maria is inferior to Liverpool players.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 10:33am On May 06, 2016
Kagawa10:

You must be blind to not see that leicester has a good players which have been individually fantastic, not just as team. You have Kante carrying the whole of Leicester on his back when Mahrez and Vardy had a little slump. Not to talk of their fullback, Fusch who was acquired together with Kante in the summer and has been purely beyond fantastic.
Mahrez is also another who's magical on his day and has been far consistent more than any winger in the league. Also, Vardy, a pacy fantastic finisher than anyone in our squad.
The truth is Leicester has been individually good, not just as a team. Why do you think the likes of Mahrez, Fusch, Morgan, Vardy and Kante all made it into the pfa shortlist? Even when we won the league under Fergie in his last season, how many of our players made into the pfa shortlist?
Better get off your Lvg hatred and admit that our squad are simply not good enough.
Let me assist your ailing medulla,
1. before M. Fellaini signed up did Manchester United have a better attacking midfielder? As at the time Juan Mata arrived M. Fellaini was already in the shadows.
2. before Angel di Maria signed up, was there a better winger at Old Trafford?
3. before Luke Shaw arrived was an aged Patrice Evra better?
4. When M. Schneiderlin came in was he not touted as the steel needed in midfield?
5. Have you forgotten the reputation Memphis Depay arrived Old Trafford with?
6. Marcos Rojo was signed to provide the numbers in defense after R. Ferdinand and N. Vidic left the team together.

Kant or whatever cannot arrive with a bigger reputation than M. Schneiderlin neither will Riyadh Mahrez than Angel di Maria or Memphis Depay. I even saw your post naming men like Robert Huth LOL.
What you don't know is that of every signing made by Loius van Gaal only Daley Blind and Anthony Martial have well and truely enjoyed themselves playing under him.
After overseeing four transfer sections and expended over £200m+/-, you dare not blame the players. He bought his own tools and he has failed to put them to proper use, any excuse anybody is raising is mere bunkum.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 10:34am On May 06, 2016
Kagawa10:

I am sure LVG would have gotten relegated with this team.

Why didn't this individually fantastic team make even the Europa league last season?

The problem with you is you don't understand what the word 'Coach' means.

I'm not saying you're an illiterate.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 10:36am On May 06, 2016
SIRcumalot:

forget form.

I won't argue that because he should have noticed the important of the ageing Carrick in the team last season as shown by how the team totally fell apart as soon as he got injured in our last 6 games after an impressive 7 wins with Carrick building up play and dictating the tempo in the heart of our midfield.
Right then, he should have been on the look out for a capable replacement and not just to patch it up with a crocked Bastian.
Also, he saw the inconsistencies of Mata and Herrera who are players who only live on the performance of the team, that is, they only tend to play well when the whole team are playing well or at times looked shite even when the team are playing well. That should have prompt Lvg to look for a better creative midfielder in the summer but he failed to do all that.
The average squad is on him because it's his fault for his failure to bring in better replacement in the summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 10:39am On May 06, 2016
Kagawa10

Who signed Depay, Schweinsteiger, Falcao, Angel Dimaria, Schneiderlin, Rojo?

Let's start from here.
You must receive deliverance from foolishness today. cool

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 10:45am On May 06, 2016
Elxandre:

I am sure LVG would have gotten relegated with this team.

Why didn't this individually fantastic team make even the Europa league last season?

The problem with you is you don't understand what the word 'Coach' means.

I'm not saying you're an illiterate.
Kante and Fuch happened. They are all quality players.
It seems some people don't get Kante quality yet. His style is the closet to Roy Keane that I hve ever seen. Let me remind you that Keane was Manutd best player when we won the treble in 1999.
Even Scholes impact that year was quite limited because he was often sat on the bench while Keaane was not only the energetic man but the main maestro, tackler and the leader in the team.. just as Kante was for Leicester this season.
Ferge didn't gush on Kante for no reason.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 10:52am On May 06, 2016
raumdeuter:

No Bundesliga is several levels above EPL. That is why Bundesliga has more co efficient points than EPL this season

You remember Dortmund playing 2nd placed Spurs and how it ended?
Wasn't that 4 years ago?

Lol.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 11:16am On May 06, 2016
Elxandre:
Kagawa10

Who signed Depay, Schweinsteiger, Falcao, Angel Dimaria, Schneiderlin, Rojo?

Let's start from here.
You must receive deliverance from foolishness today. cool
Maybe you should have also listed Martial, Blind who have been revelation.
Also, I don't see when it has become wrong to take punts on ageing Falcao, Schweinsteiger, Rojo and Darmaian though, only to expect worldclass performance from them. Why do you think Arsenal fans were up in arms against their boards few years ago? Because of their constant taking punts on the likes of Walcott, Meterscker, Denilson, Chamakh etc who are unlikely to guarantee success because you always get some wrong with these kind of punts. They are not guaranteed success.
And apart from the unproven Depay and Di Maria who turned out wrong, Martial has been quite excellent while Schneiderlin on the other hand has been quite good whenever he got deployed as a box-box CM but since Felliani contributes much more in the attack as well as in the defense, then it' necessary that Fellaini plays over him.
If the likes of Herrera/the makeshift Rooney has been a fantastic creative midfielder to begin with, Schneiderlin would have likely be given playing time alongside either of them in the box-box role with Carrick behind them in the holding role. However that's not the case, hence Fellaini is played in order to provide more bite in the attack.
That said, Lvg has only had 2 signings in the midfield which is the main problem of the team. One is a limited but thorough defensive midfielder in Morgan and the other a crocked ageing but experienced midfielder for 8 mil. That's definitely not enough for a coach building a squad.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2853) (2854) (2855) (2856) (2857) (2858) (2859) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.