Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,911 members, 7,863,143 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:10 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2895) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8871349 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2892) (2893) (2894) (2895) (2896) (2897) (2898) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 11:22am On May 17, 2016
GBR1:

You know well I'm no fan of LVG but I don't support this nonsense from De gea. This has Mendes( De gea's agent) all over it. He's trying to force our hand into certainty in signing Jose and this is not a bad thing but he's going about it the wrong way. Players shouldn't possess that kind of power especially in determining the fate of a manager. Player's having that much power hardly end well; see what happened at Chelsea for example.
DDG is the best keeper in the world now, but people still rate Manuel Nuer higher (A champions league basket in key matches), just because he plays for a world class team.

Would you continue working for a firm if you felt they were holding back your I career?

I already knew DDG would move if LVG remained anyways.

FFS, he should have been be playing in a champions league final on May 28, and just look at it, he won't even get the chance to compete for it next season in united.

That guy loves united, cos most players would certainly leave, and don't forget he's the biggest superstar on this team.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:33am On May 17, 2016
Screw LVG and his strange bedfellow Woodward,and some of our useless players too..

Buh in all LVG should do the honourable and fukc off old Trafford ASAP!!

If you are still supporting LVG, you are an enemy of progress!!!

cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:41am On May 17, 2016
Goal.com quoting Daily mail.
Double hogwash!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:45am On May 17, 2016
Schleiderlin couldn't make the France provisional Team!
Mata, Herrera are also not in the Spain Provisional Team!
Carrick, our best Midfielder, is honorably left out of the English Squad.
Wilshere came back from Injury to make the Provisional Squad. Alli, Barkley make it at the expense of Lingard who is older than them!
In a nutshell, none of our Midfielders (except the underrated Fellaini) make the EURO 2016! SMH!!!
We are indeed parading average Midfielders!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:11pm On May 17, 2016
TheNonce:
undecided

But we ended up with a "record-low goals-for
tally" for the campaign! This has highlighted the fans’ fears about the team’s direction under Louis van Gaal.

United are currently on "46 goals from 37 games"! Horrendous! WE HAVE BEEN VERY POOR AS REGARDS SCORING GOALS!

And yes ROONEY was pathetic for about 70% of the season!

You don't understand the argument.

If we had carried on the that way, we would surely have scored more goals.

We had an almost settled line up. Schweinsteiger paired Schneirderlin or Carrick in midfield. Mata on the right, Herrera or Rooney in the middle, Martial or Rooney in attack and Martial/Depay/Lingard on the left. We were getting the better results, from nowhere we suddenly went top of the league and needing to beat Leicester to be top permanently. Injuries rained us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 12:41pm On May 17, 2016
adeyemi2015:
Schleiderlin couldn't make the France provisional Team!
Mata, Herrera are also not in the Spain Provisional Team!
Carrick, our best Midfielder, is honorably left out of the English Squad.
Wilshere came back from Injury to make the Provisional Squad. Alli, Barkley make it at the expense of Lingard who is older than them!
In a nutshell, none of our Midfielders (except the underrated Fellaini) make the EURO 2016! SMH!!!
We are indeed parading average Midfielders!

This is what we have been talking about all these while. We are parading average players and we expect to achieve something good. Three quarter of our players are just too average for a club like Manchester United. That was the same thing LIVERPOOL did when they bought average set of players with big monies

We have a long way to go honestly. My only fear is Rashford cos he's not ready, in my opinion, to be starting against top teams. He still needs to understudy a top class striker but who is the top striker in that team??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 12:42pm On May 17, 2016
Mourinho: No Manchester United deal in place

Former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho dismissed suggestion he has reached an agreement with Manchester United to take charge at Old Trafford.
Jose Mourinho's future remains shrouded in mystery after he again denied there was a deal in place with Manchester United.
The Portuguese has been out of work since he was sacked by Chelsea last December following a poor defence to the Premier League title, but he has suggested more than once that a return to management is on the cards for next season.
Mourinho has been heavily linked with Old Trafford hotseat with Louis van Gaal's future at United still unclear, while more recent speculation has suggested the former Real Madrid coach will take over at Paris Saint-Germain.
But Mourinho is adamant he does not have an agreement with any club as of yet.
"With nobody," Mourinho told Sky Sports when asked whether a deal is in place with Manchester United.
"I go to Montreal for the Grand Prix and carry on enjoying my life."
Mourinho remains the favourite to replace Van Gaal at United ahead of next season, with the Dutchman failing to guide his club to a top-four finish.
The Red Devils meet AFC Bournemouth on Tuesday in their last Premier League game of the season, before taking on Crystal Palace in the FA Cup final on Saturday as Van Gaal chases his first piece of silverware with United.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/mourinho-no-manchester-united-deal-place#cTj1J1jYL1B34vae.99
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 12:56pm On May 17, 2016
GBR1:

You know well I'm no fan of LVG but I don't support this nonsense from De gea. This has Mendes( De gea's agent) all over it. He's trying to force our hand into certainty in signing Jose and this is not a bad thing but he's going about it the wrong way. Players shouldn't possess that kind of power especially in determining the fate of a manager. Player's having that much power hardly end well; see what happened at Chelsea for example.

you have a point.but i feel differntly,this isnt about power tussle for ddg,after all hes not demanding a pay rise...he strongly believes that the club will not go forward under the stewardship of lvg,and it lessens his value..shey we were here when some pipo were saying that enyeama and trapp are beta than ddg..to be honest i feel that ddg has been very loyal and been a professional towards manu...i believe ddg wants manu to b great again,but under lvg it isnt feasible..so should he fight a lost cause??

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheNonce: 1:14pm On May 17, 2016
grin
elampiro:

You don't understand the argument.

IF WE HAD CARRIED ON THAT WAY, WE WOULD SURELY HAVE SCORED MORE GOALS.

No argument, just facts!

Does the bolded even make sense to you? Or how do yo know? Abi you be "nastradamus" now? Or now "jogo bonito" don become hypothesis?

Guy since ronaldo left! And apart from van persies debut season! Most of our forwards have done pathetic numbers! Including "your lord rooney"! No angle you try to conjure can disprove this!

Our strikers/midfielders have been bang average for years now abeg! But van gaal has even made them worse!

Abeg I dey drive!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 1:36pm On May 17, 2016
elampiro:

I ran into some Arsenal fans, I heard them saying United would have beaten West Ham comfortably if Fellaini was available. They said United lost the match to aerial battle and physical battle.

I think when we are buying players again, height and ability to jump, head, run, should be considered along other qualities. Gaal said we have the smallest players in the league.

We were very poor in defending and attacking set plays last season. This season is even worse. Few goals from set plays, and many goals conceded from set plays. I remember two matches in almost same period when we conceded very late goals immediately Fellaini was substituted, one of the matches was against Leicester. At the end those needless points dropped came back to hurt us.

I have a feeling if we had 80-90% of our senior players fit all the time, we could have won the league. We didn't concede from set play when Luke Shaw was fit and we had almost the whole team fit.

Ibrahimovic?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:59pm On May 17, 2016
GBR1:

we still have all the leverage.
navas has been very good this season.
madrid has more problem to worry about than goal keeping.
make DE gea dey form mumu king maker.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:57pm On May 17, 2016
TheNonce:
grin

No argument, just facts!

Does the bolded even make sense to you? Or how do yo know? Abi you be "nastradamus" now? Or now "jogo bonito" don become hypothesis?

Guy since ronaldo left! And apart from van persies debut season! Most of our forwards have done pathetic numbers! Including "your lord rooney"! No angle you try to conjure can disprove this!

Our strikers/midfielders have been bang average for years now abeg! But van gaal has even made them worse!

Abeg I dey drive!

Rooney has scored 30+ twice since Ronaldo left. I don't get you.

It is common sense that we should have kept scoring average of two goals per match and conceding one goal in two matches if our first team players remained fit. We kind of have a first 11 that period, or let's say first 15 that helped us dominant. We played Leicester at away and we were the better team even as injuries had started hitting the team starting from the defence.

Our players look average because we have had coaches who played differently from Ferguson's style. SAF get his team sit back and hit on the counter. Rooney, Nani, Welbeck, Chicharito, Young, even Tevez and Ronaldo were not trained to pass. They were trained to run like bees at defence.

But Moyes came and said, everyone man to his position. So there was a gap between defence and attack which made us spread too thin on the pitch and created gaps for opposition to operate freely. Gaal came and said pass the ball. This style didn't favour Nani, Di Maria, Chicha, Welbeck, Valencia. Rooney is using his inbuilt top quality player experience to try to adapt.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:32pm On May 17, 2016
Rooney is using his inbuilt top quality player experience to try to adapt. @elampiro you dey always bust my headcheesycheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 3:36pm On May 17, 2016
SIRcumalot:
Rooney is using his inbuilt top quality player
experience to try to adapt.
@elampiro you dey always bust my headcheesycheesy

Elampsbaba will do or say anything to support his captain cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 3:38pm On May 17, 2016
Diademk07:
Another thing is I think with better quality players than what we have presently under Van Gaal, he's cpble of doing better. He's a better tactician than Pep/Conte/Wenger (see our performance in the big games this season and his exploit at the .

grin grin grin how am i just seeing this now?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:48pm On May 17, 2016
SIRcumalot:
Rooney is using his inbuilt top quality player
experience to try to adapt.
@elampiro you dey always bust my headcheesycheesy

Lol

E easy to make FIFApro XI as a forward player? Was once world 5th best. That makes him world class na.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:15pm On May 17, 2016
Abeg, enough of the wishes.

Looking forward to 21st and afterwards.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purplekayc(m): 5:05pm On May 17, 2016
David de gea would leave if van aal continues as coach apparently the two don't seem to get along well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 5:17pm On May 17, 2016
purplekayc:
David de gea would leave if van aal continues as coach apparently the two don't seem to get along well.

Leave go where??

I thought UEFA placed an embargo on the recruitment of players at Real Madrid..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:31pm On May 17, 2016
Jose Mourinho has been told the Manchester United job is his this summer if the club's owners decide to sack Louis van Gaal, according to Sky sources.

They still dey think am
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 5:39pm On May 17, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 17, 2016
Dadehmola:

Leave go where??

I thought UEFA placed an embargo on the recruitment of players at Real Madrid..
Suspended.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:24pm On May 17, 2016
chrisley024:
Jose Mourinho has been told the Manchester United job is his this summer if the club's owners decide to sack Louis van Gaal, according to Sky sources.

They still dey think am
sometimes I think these stat people opta,whoscored and whoever is working for sky is just forming this numbers,
to create drama.
how can we be 18th in chance created ?
I don't believe it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 17, 2016
Mhen we are truly fûcked!!

LVG has got to go. Next season ll even be worse if dat man is allowed to stay
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:41pm On May 17, 2016
SIRcumalot:

sometimes I think the stat people opta,whoscored and whoever is working for sky is just forming this numbers,
to create drama.
how can we be 18th in chance created ?
I don't believe it.

Abeg let them form anything to get this sidon look coach away from OT.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 17, 2016
LVG must go!!!!!! angry angry angry
We don tire abeg angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheNonce: 6:42pm On May 17, 2016
grin

Superb!

Every premier league/football fan deserves to read this list!

www.football365.com/news/football365s-end-of-season-awards

Still the best soccer blog on earth! IMO!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iPopAlomo(m): 7:01pm On May 17, 2016
Come on manure ManUtd... just 19 goals... You can do it!!! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 7:08pm On May 17, 2016
chrisley024:
Dude you seriously have problem with comprehension.
The question is do Arsenal amass more point with Cazorla than without him?
if you didn't see how his replacement, Ramsey looked awful against us and other matches, you need an eye treatment.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:12pm On May 17, 2016
With nothing at stake, LVG is playing his first team. This man is funny. These same players will play again on Saturday.

Why not start Jones so that we access him before summer? Even Young sef on the bench.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 7:17pm On May 17, 2016
dubylhover:

grin grin grin how am i just seeing this now?
Pep got lucky with Spanish '08 euro winning team which had Iniesta and Xavi as its core players.
And he wasn't the one who introduced tiki taka, Aragones did. He couldn't even implement the same tiki taka at Bayern.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 7:20pm On May 17, 2016
elampiro:
With nothing at stake, LVG is playing his first team. This man is funny. These same players will play again on Saturday.

Why not start Jones so that we access him before summer? Even Young sef on the bench.
Young just came back from injury, hasn't attained full fitness.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2892) (2893) (2894) (2895) (2896) (2897) (2898) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Meksbig(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.