Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,885 members, 7,863,004 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:32 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2894) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8871154 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2891) (2892) (2893) (2894) (2895) (2896) (2897) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:10pm On May 16, 2016

Rashford among England 26 man provisional squad. He was involved in our two goals against West Ham, I think that's why Roy Hodgson changed his mind after initially ruling him out. Roy was in the stadium that night.

I think England will miss Dany Welbeck. He is the only one who play differently in that attack (wing and central attack). Most of the rest can easily lose the ball and have no work rate.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 4:11pm On May 16, 2016
chrisley024:
No, Arsenal were still in race even after Santi injury. It was as if they were not missing him. They lost it by being their usual Arsenal bottling coy grin The same cycle they go through every season.
on point. ...arsenal's season alway capitulate by February. .....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 4:21pm On May 16, 2016
TheNonce:
grin

Ogbeni! Go and treat that your "unsettled stomach"! Andrew liver salt price never dey affected by dollar yet!

Bad belle can kill you know?
Ok
LvG is your portion forever...
cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:56pm On May 16, 2016
Diademk07:

Not true.
His replacement, Ramsey was so awful. To the extent that Arsenal had no option than to sign Elneny..
What's not true?. At least you can use Google. Elneny was gotten cos of injuries mainly to Coquelin. Arsenal was still in the race until their usual bummer February came.

Infact, after Santi last game for Arsenal against Norwich which ended 1-1, they were 4th, 2 points behind City(1st) and Leicester(2nd)and a point behind us.

After their 2nd leg against Leicester, they were 3rd, 2 points behind Leicester and on level point with Spurs.

They lost it ending of Feb, when they lost to our youngsters, and early March against Swansea(2 straight losses); we all know these are their usual calamitous months.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LordEmperoris1(m): 6:22pm On May 16, 2016
I hope LVG continues his job
His is one of the best manager , better than wenger

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 6:29pm On May 16, 2016
This security blunder at old Trafford just totally sums up what has been a disasterous season for man utd. I wanted this season to die asap but alas, it lives to fight another day.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:01pm On May 16, 2016

I ran into some Arsenal fans, I heard them saying United would have beaten West Ham comfortably if Fellaini was available. They said United lost the match to aerial battle and physical battle.

I think when we are buying players again, height and ability to jump, head, run, should be considered along other qualities. Gaal said we have the smallest players in the league.

We were very poor in defending and attacking set plays last season. This season is even worse. Few goals from set plays, and many goals conceded from set plays. I remember two matches in almost same period when we conceded very late goals immediately Fellaini was substituted, one of the matches was against Leicester. At the end those needless points dropped came back to hurt us.

I have a feeling if we had 80-90% of our senior players fit all the time, we could have won the league. We didn't concede from set play when Luke Shaw was fit and we had almost the whole team fit.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 8:16pm On May 16, 2016
chrisley024:
What's not true?. At least you can use Google. Elneny was gotten cos of injuries mainly to Coquelin. Arsenal was still in the race until their usual bummer February came.

Infact, after Santi last game for Arsenal against Norwich which ended 1-1, they were 4th, 2 points behind City(1st) and Leicester(2nd)and a point behind us.

After their 2nd leg against Leicester, they were 3rd, 2 points behind Leicester and on level point with Spurs.

They lost it ending of Feb, when they lost to our youngsters, and early March against Swansea(2 straight losses); we all know these are their usual calamitous months.
Elnemy played inspite of Coquelin presence.
Also, did you even see what you posted?
Arsenal were 2 point from the top spot. They amassed more points with Cazorla than without him. I'm sure with him, they would had still been growing stronger when other team collapsed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:42pm On May 16, 2016
elampiro:

I ran into some Arsenal fans, I heard them saying United would have beaten West Ham comfortably if Fellaini was available. They said United lost the match to aerial battle and physical battle.

I think when we are buying players again, height and ability to jump, head, run, should be considered along other qualities. Gaal said we have the smallest players in the league.

We were very poor in defending and attacking set plays last season. This season is even worse. Few goals from set plays, and many goals conceded from set plays. I remember two matches in almost same period when we conceded very late goals immediately Fellaini was substituted, one of the matches was against Leicester. At the end those needless points dropped came back to hurt us.

I have a feeling if we had 80-90% of our senior players fit all the time, we could have won the league. We didn't concede from set play when Luke Shaw was fit and we had almost the whole team fit.

true...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 8:43pm On May 16, 2016
elampiro:

We didn't concede from set play when [b]Luke Shaw [/b]was fit and we had almost the whole team fit.

I don't get the above. Luke shaw as how?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:50pm On May 16, 2016
Diademk07:

Elnemy played inspite of Coquelin presence.
Also, did you even see what you posted?
Arsenal were 2 point from the top spot. They amassed more points with Cazorla than without him. I'm sure with him, they would had still been growing stronger when other team collapsed.
Dude you seriously have problem with comprehension.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 9:12pm On May 16, 2016
Reports say we've offered Zlatan a deal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 9:14pm On May 16, 2016
elampiro:

We wouldn't have won the league even if everyone remained fit. Please don't do this to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:22pm On May 16, 2016
GBR1:

We wouldn't have won the league even if everyone remained fit. Please don't do this to yourself.
Exactly what I wanted to say. It wouldn't have stopped LvG from his normal experiments. It was obvious also we have a weak attack.

On the height issue, what we need is mainly height in defence though it is more than that in defending set pieces. The tactics and set up are very important.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheNonce: 9:56pm On May 16, 2016
elampiro:

Rashford among England 26 man provisional squad. He was involved in our two goals against West Ham, I think that's why Roy Hodgson changed his mind after initially ruling him out. Roy was in the stadium that night.

I think England will miss Dany Welbeck. He is the only one who play differently in that attack (wing and central attack). Most of the rest can easily lose the ball and have no work rate.

Forget welbeck! He's out for a very long time! That's spilt condensed milk right now!

If hodgson has any sense/balls he would start "vardy and kane" at the euros and leave "rooney" and "sturridge" on the bench! That's if he decides they should go with a front 2 in a 442 system!

Those 2 are the form players in the team!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:11pm On May 16, 2016
diggz:

I don't get the above. Luke shaw as how?

Luke Shaw gives us height and also a good header of the ball. With him we have at least two good headers in our defence. If we play Jones, we have three.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:19pm On May 16, 2016
TheNonce:

Forget welbeck! He's out for a very long time! That's spilt condensed milk right now!

If hodgson has any sense/balls he would start "vardy and kane" at the euros and leave "rooney" and "sturridge" on the bench! That's if he decides they should go with a front 2 in a 442 system!

Those 2 are the form players in the team!

National team is not club.

Going into the 2014 world cup, Sturridge, Welbeck, Sterling, were the informed forwards, but Rooney had a better world cup than all of them. All the time England looked like scoring had Rooney making an attempt or providing the pass.

Before the world cup, some said Rooney should be dropped. After the world cup, England rally round Rooney.

Again, if Sturridge is in form, he will bench Kane and Vardy. Sturridge can reach a world class goal scoring form when in his element.
I know Welbeck is out, but the fact remains that he is the only England player who can push attack when the opposition has the far upper hand. His ability to carry the ball a long distance, his retracting ability, his duels prowess gives him some uniqueness over Kane, Rooney, Sterling, Vardy and Ali.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:27pm On May 16, 2016
GBR1:

We fought ourselves to top of the league the only time we have about 90% players fit.

We started the season with some injuries, but when everyone came back (except Shaw) we went to the top. We had played the top teams at the time, we were looking to win all our matches in December (easy fixtures) when injuries hit the team. No thanks to Gaal who ensured we prosecuted the league with fewest first team players.

We fell back on such players who were not psychologically ready for first team war, Love, Jackson, Pereira, Wilson, McNair. We supplemented these kids with players who ordinary should be in our bench, Darmian, Lingard, Mephis.

We lost easy matches in December and January. That was it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:31pm On May 16, 2016
chrisley024:
Exactly what I wanted to say. It wouldn't have stopped LvG from his normal experiments. It was obvious also we have a weak attack.

On the height issue, what we need is mainly height in defence though it is more than that in defending set pieces. The tactics and set up are very important.

But we were once top of the league after playing our most difficult fixtures.

I remember Odunharry previewing our remaining fixtures up to new year and said we should be able to take at least 13 points out of 15. Some said it should be 15/15.

Our attack looked not sharp but we scored more goals that period. We even won some matches 3-0, like against Everton.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 10:50pm On May 16, 2016
elampiro:

We fought ourselves to top of the league the only time we have about 90% players fit.

We started the season with some injuries, but when everyone came back (except Shaw) we went to the top. We had played the top teams at the time, we were looking to win all our matches in December (easy fixtures) when injuries hit the team. No thanks to Gaal who ensured we prosecuted the league with fewest first team players.
We were once on top the PL table but i remember that some other teams had outstanding matches to play an that was the reason. I doubt we were ever 1st position after every team playing the same number of matches. You are really overrating our performances in the beginning of the season. We were stumbling to 1-0 wins, struggling to score goals in various matches, especially in the first half and we had silly results like drawing to Newcastle at home, getting done away by Swansea who later sacked their coach when it was obvious they were battling relegation. Shaw injury happened in mid September and didn't really affect our results because our collapse was fated in December. These events are not synonymous with a title challenger.

We fell back on such players who were not psychologically ready for first team war, Love, Jackson, Pereira, Wilson, McNair. We supplemented these kids with players who ordinary should be in our bench, Darmian, Lingard, Mephis.

We lost easy matches in December and January. That was it.
So far some of those kids have performed better than those they replaced. See Rashford and Rooney for example.
Darmian and Memphis were starters in United team during the time we had good results( August-December) so i don't know what you are on about here by saying they should have been on the bench. And remind me who was our CF during this period? It was the same old Rooney who was struggling to score goals and you believed he would have led us to the title with his goals as a CF when he has never performed such an act in a title winning United team with even better players. Or was it a rookie in the then 19 old Martial who just arrived in a new league that you expected to do that? We were struggling to beat relegation contender FFS, struggling with goals and stumbling to wins. That was when Old trafford started booing LVG. We got steamrolled 3-0 by Arsenal in that same period and you're deluding yourself thinking we were good then. It was only a matter of time the wins stopped coming and the goals dried up even more.
This is too easy for me. Our first XI( even with everyone fit) was not good enough to win the league. No amount of revisionism from you can change that.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 11:29pm On May 16, 2016
Diademk07:

Good technical players would always look excellent in LVg system.
Only the average and the brainless one fails.
I've watched majority of Schneiderlin Southampton clips on youtube and all it was about were his tackles, aggression, energy and the odd goals. His passing skills, dribbling and techniques in crowded space were quite average. What do you expect when he's playing in a team which often encounter opposition that allows limited space due to their high pressing and defensive tactic?
As a matter of fact, Schneiderlin has displayed his southmpton performance for us whenever he gets deployed as a box-box CM. Hence, you can't say anyone has ruined him.
There's also Di Maria, a brainless failed winger at Madrid converted into a makeshift box-box CM to gain some reputation and everyone thinks he's a worldclass already.
How bout Depay? Another Ryan Babel who was already playing shite for his national team even before we got him.
And Herrera, the spanish Cleverley who only knows how to make horizontal 5 yard passes.
If the players are good enough, nothing would stop them from showing how good they are. Do you think talented players playing for small clubs who park the ball all game would fail to show their quality? How do you think we got Roy Keane etc?
If I was a mod, I would ban your IP!

A coach that bought these 'brainless' Di Maria and 'shite' delay with a combined almost €100m euros deserves another chance to waste money?

That was how Liverpool fans were mocking their team for being filled with Deadbeats, but alas, Klopp has made some of the scorned ones look so good.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:57pm On May 16, 2016
GBR1:
We were once on top the PL table but i remember that some other teams had outstanding matches to play an that was the reason. I doubt we were ever 1st position after every team playing the same number of matches. You are really overrating our performances in the beginning of the season. We were stumbling to 1-0 wins, struggling to score goals in various matches, especially in the first half and we had silly results like drawing to Newcastle at home, getting done away by Swansea who later sacked their coach when it was obvious they were battling relegation. Shaw injury happened in mid September and didn't really affect our results because our collapse was fated in December. These events are not synonymous with a title challenger.
So far some of those kids have performed better than who they replaced. See Rashford and Rooney for example.
Darmian and Memphis were starters in United team during the time we had good results( August-December) so i don't know what you are on about here by saying they should have been on the bench. And remind me who was our CF during this period? It was the same old Rooney who was struggling to score goals and you believed he would have led us to the title with his goals as a CF when he has never performed such an act in a title winning United team with even better players. Or was it a rookie in the then 19 old Martial who just arrived in a new league that you expected to do that? We were struggling to beat relegation contender FFS, struggling with goals and stumbling to wins. That was when Old trafford started booing LVG. We got steamrolled 3-0 by Arsenal in that same period and you're deluding yourself thinking we were good then. It was only a matter of time the wins stopped coming and the goals dried up even more.
This is too easy for me. Our first XI( even with everyone fit) was not good enough to win the league. No amount of revisionism from you can change that.

[b]We were top of the league on November 21 after beating Watford. After all the outstanding matches were played, only Leicester were able to overtake us. So we were second. Considering the gap we covered at the time from lower position we instally occupied, we were destined for favorite to win the league. Our next opponent was Leicester away, Rojo, Valencia and Jones had suffered injuries in three successive matches just before that game. Valencia in 0-0 draw with City, Jones in 2-1 over Watford. Valencia was our best player against City, and Jones absence was immediately felt when he left the pitch against Watford.

Against Leceister, Vardy went to play on the side of Blind. Once Blind went to take corner kick, Vardy capitalised and scored from a counter. Something that wouldn't have been possible if we had Valencia in right back instead of McNair. If we had beaten Leicester, we would have been top. We played better but we were weakened by returning Blind who didn't have pace to match and inexperienced McNair.

After the Leicester game we went 5 matches without winning a match.
We drew West Ham
Lost to Bournemout
Lost to Norwich
Lost to Stoke
Drew struggling Chelsea

We took 2 points out of 15. This was when Valencia, Jones, Rojo, Rooney got injured. Then Schweinsteiger and Young soon joined.

Also, ehen we went to the top of the league, Mephis and Darmain were not regular. Valencia was our right back while Martial was sent to left wing on Rooney's return from two match absence due to injury. Rooney missed one UCL game and one league match, then Martial played 9 while Mephis played 11. But on his return, Mephis was dropped, also Blind was dropped for Phil Jones.

-How do you mean we were scoring just a goal per match. Look at out form on the attached screenshot. Also, Rooney had hit form in the second half of the season scoring or/and assisting in every match for about 8*matches before he went out completely. If not for the injury he surely would have continued in that form. And we were getting results that period too, even as we were still without our key defenders. [/b]

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:59pm On May 16, 2016
^^^

I counted 24 goals in 12 matches and this guy said we were poor in scoring.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 12:32am On May 17, 2016
elampiro:

We were top of the league on November 21st, after all the outstanding matches were played, only Leicester were able to overtake us. So we were second. Considering the gap we covered at the time from lower position we instally occupied, we were destined for favorite to win the league. Our next opponent was Leicester away, Rojo, Valencia and Jones had suffered injuries in three successive matches just before that game. Valencia in 0-0 draw with City, Jones in 2-1 over Watford. Valencia was our best player against City, and Jones absence was immediately felt when he left the pitch against Watford.

Against Leceister, Vardy went to play on the side of Blind. Once Blind went to take corner kick, Vardy capitalised and scored from a counter. Something that wouldn't have been possible if we had Valencia in right back instead of McNair.
Simple question; were we ever top of the the table after every team had played the same number of matches? NO!
We were simply never capable of that. We never actually lead the PL table for even a match week, and that's a fact. Correct me if i'm wrong. So how could we have won the league when we never looked capable of doing it just for once even with the full squad as you claimed?
Confirm yourself.
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/league-table.html?season=2015-2016&timelineView=played&matchNo=14&tableView=CURRENT_STANDINGS
After the Leicester game we went 5 matches without winning a match.
We drew West Ham
Lost to Bournemout
Lost to Norwich
Lost to Stoke
Drew struggling Chelsea

We took 2 points out of 15. This was when Valencia, Jones, Rojo, Rooney got injured. Then Schweinsteiger and Young soon joined.

Also, ehen we went to the top of the league, Mephis and Darmain were not regular. Valencia was our right back while Martial was sent to left wing on Rooney's return from two match absence due to injury. Rooney missed one UCL game and one league match, then Martial played 9 while Mephis played 11. But on his return, Mephis was dropped, also Blind was dropped for Phil Jones.
Memphis and Darmian were as regular as it got. Do you want me to state the number of matches they started?
I don't know the exact moments these injuries occurred but i remembered clearly they were never at the same time. I would get back to you on this when i can confirm this.

-How do you mean we were scoring just a goal per match. Look at out form on the attached screenshot. Also, Rooney had hit form in the second half of the season scoring or/and assisting in every match for about 8*matches before he went out completely. If not for the injury he surely would have continued in that form. And we were getting results that period too, even as we were still without our key defenders.
Why did you include other competitions? Cold feet already? cheesy
We're strictly discussing the PL here bro and now you're gonna get exposed.
Before our collapse to Bournemouth in December, we scored 20 goals in 15 matches. That's about 1.3 goals per game and that's average at best. You don't win PL titles with such a poor goal average. We failed to score any goal in 4 matches and scored a single goal in another 4 matches only during that period. We failed to score in the 1st half of so many games. In general we weren't as good in scoring as you are trying to falsely claim. See my screenshots attached as proof.

[img]http://cs630227.vk.me/v630227248/2ac01/_2euLdgrWVQ.jpg[/img]
[img]http://cs630227.vk.me/v630227248/2ac0b/j2HsclmDGoY.jpg[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:44am On May 17, 2016
GBR1:

Simple question; were we ever top of the the table after every team had played the same number of matches? NO we were simply never capable of that. We never actually lead the PL table for even a week, and that's a fact. Correct me if i'm wrong. So how could we have won the league when we never looked capable of doing it just for once even with the full squad as you claimed?
Confirm yourself.
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/league-table.html?season=2015-2016&timelineView=played&matchNo=14&tableView=CURRENT_STANDINGS

Memphis and Darmian were as regular as it got. Do you want me to state the number of matches they started?
I don't know the exact moments these injuries occurred but i remembered clearly they were never at the same time. I would get back to you on this when i can confirm this.

Why did you include other competitions? Cold feet already? cheesy
We're strictly discussing the PL here bro and now you're gonna get exposed.
Before our collapse to Bournemouth in December, we scored 20 goals in 15 matches. That's about 1.3 goals per game and that's average at best. You don't win PL titles with such a poor goal average. We failed to score any goal in 4 matches and scored a single goal in another 4 matches only during that period. We failed to score in the 1st half of so many games. In general we weren't as good in scoring as you are trying to falsely claim. See my screenshots attached as proof.

[img]http://cs630227.vk.me/v630227248/2ac01/_2euLdgrWVQ.jpg[/img]
[img]http://cs630227.vk.me/v630227248/2ac0b/j2HsclmDGoY.jpg[/img]

Why are you acting confused?

1. I told you we scored plenty goals when everyone was fit. That is why I gave you fixtures from mid September to November.

2. When considered that we fought our way from lower positions when we had injuries, to the top of the league when we had fit defenders, then we could have gone to win the league if everyone stayed fit.

3. We recovered the gap between us and Leicester, City, Arsenal and West Ham within a short time when we had fit players, we close the gap and overtook everyone. If we had Jones and Valencia we should have beaten Leicester to go top permanently the next week. Even during Ferguson, we always came from behind to go top around Christmas. Injuries and trimmed squad ruined it.

4. Darmian and Mephis were not regular that period. Mephis was sent to the bench by Marital as Rooney took top 9. Valencia went to right back, although Darmain had occasional appearances on the left. It was against Southampton Darmian lost his position to Valencia.

The only time Damian played on the right was when Valencia was not available for selection. Mephis started some games when Rooney played as number 10, but once Rooney played 9, Mephis was sent to the bench. However, no matter the arrangement of players, there is no disputing the fact that we got our best results that period.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 1:00am On May 17, 2016
elampiro:

Why are you acting confused?

1. I told you we scored plenty goals when everyone was fit. That is why I gave you fixtures from mid September to November.
Who is acting confused? undecided You said we scored plenty of goals in the PL during that period and i just proved you wrong. How can you consider those goals ''plenty''? Then you claimed we could have won the title that way. That's so erroneous.

2. When considered that we fought our way from lower positions when we had injuries, to the top of the league when we had fit defenders, then we could have gone to win the league if everyone stayed fit.
This is full bullsh1t. I have proved we weren't capable when everyone was fit and you're still inferring nonsense from falsehood.

3. We recovered the gap between us and Leicester, City, Arsenal and West Ham within a short time when we had fit players, we close the gap and overtook everyone. If we had Jones and Valencia we should have beaten Leicester to go top permanently the next week. Even during Ferguson, we always came from behind to go top around Christmas. Injuries and trimmed squad ruined it.
LVG is not Fergie. How do you even come up with these bizarre assumptions? Such ''IFs'' and IFs. We have never won 7 games in a row with LVG. Our best run is just 6 games, it's 100% certain we lose or draw after that. He's simply not capable on going on those kind of runs that can win us the league or help us in recovering positions. So stop making baseless assumptions.
4. Darmian and Mephis were not regular that period. Mephis was sent to the bench by Marital as Rooney took top 9. Valencia went to right back, although Darmain had occasional appearances on the left.
Memphis started almost every PL game but i think got dropped in the Everton (October) game but afterwards he still started games like Watford and had a lot of cameos in that period. He was quite regular, fact!
Darmian had bounced Valencia from his position for as long as could remember. Valencia only replaced him some halfs/sometimes when Darmian is playing poorly or getting skinned by ''tricksy'' wingers (saint's match for example). Darmian was used for as both RB and LB in fact. He was a regular in that period we discussed (far more than Valencia), Fact!

However, no matter the arrangement of players, there is no disputing the fact that we got our best results that period.
Those ''best results'' are simply not enough to challenge for the PL title. What if i told you that our best run of results this season was not during that period? You didn't really think this out, did you?
Elampiro, i knew why i told you not to go on. This argument simply won't go your way because it's so wrong in extreme proportions and it's best you moved on from it. Good night bro.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:33am On May 17, 2016
GBR1:
Who is acting confused? undecided You said we scored plenty of goals in the PL during that period and i just proved you wrong. How can you consider those goals ''plenty''? Then you claimed we could have won the title that way. That's so erroneous.
This is full bullsh1t. I have proved we weren't capable when everyone was fit and you're inferring nonsense from falsehood.
LVG is not Fergie. How do you even come up with these bizarre assumptions? Such ''IFs'' and IFs. We have never won 7 games in a row with LVG. Our best run is just 6 games, it's 100% we lose or draw after that. He's simply not capable on going on those kind of runs that can win us the league or help us in recovering positions. So stop making baseless assumptions.
Memphis started every PL game i think got dropped in the Everton (October) game but afterwards he still started games like Watford and had a lot of cameos in that period. He was quite regular, fact!
Darmian had Valencia out of the team for as long as could rememeber. Valencia only replaced him some halfs/sometimes when Darmian is playing poorly or getting skinned by ''tricksy'' wingers. He was a regular in that period we discussed, Fact!

Beat Liverpool 3-1
Beat Sunderland 3-0
Beat Everton 3-0
Beat Southampton 3-2
Beat West Brom 2-0

And you think these scoreline were not far better than the 1-0, 2-1 we have been praying these days?

When our players became fit, we went from outside top four to the top of the table and only needed to beat Leicester the next week to stay permanently on top. If our players were fit, particularly Valencia and Jones, we would have continued the run.

3. When Darmain performed poorly against Tadic, he was substituted at half time in the match against Southampton, then our game became steady. From there Valencia became our first choice right back. Although Darmain has had many appearances due to injuries to either/both Valencia and Rojo.

3. Depay did not start against Everton, West Brom, Man City, West Ham, Leicester and Crystal Palace matches in that short period. That is about 6 of 11 league matches where Depay did not start and you said he was regular

You no know ball. abeg I wan sleep. Park well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheNonce: 6:48am On May 17, 2016
undecided
elampiro:
^^^

I counted 24 goals in 12 matches and this guy said WE WERE POOR IN SCORING.

But we ended up with a "record-low goals-for
tally" for the campaign! This has highlighted the fans’ fears about the team’s direction under Louis van Gaal.

United are currently on "46 goals from 37 games"! Horrendous! WE HAVE BEEN VERY POOR AS REGARDS SCORING GOALS!

And yes ROONEY was pathetic for about 70% of the season!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 7:06am On May 17, 2016
www.goal.com/en-gb/news/11562/transfer-talk/2016/05/17/23616562/rumours-de-gea-to-quit-man-utd-if-van-gaal-stays

I wholeheartedly support ddg on this..lvg doesnt worth it...some lvg fanatics would soon come up and call ddg shite if he leaves
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 8:35am On May 17, 2016
dubylhover:
www.goal.com/en-gb/news/11562/transfer-talk/2016/05/17/23616562/rumours-de-gea-to-quit-man-utd-if-van-gaal-stays

I wholeheartedly support ddg on this..lvg doesnt worth it...some lvg fanatics would soon come up and call ddg shite if he leaves

I support him as well... I have not met any fan that will not support him. People are already tired just that they waiting for FA Cup. Don't think a protest against LVG will be worth it now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 9:05am On May 17, 2016
capricornian:

I support him as well... I have not met any fan that will not support him. People are already tired just that they waiting for FA Cup. Don't think a protest against LVG will be worth it now

very worth it oo...ddg can never trully b recognised as a great playing under an lvg team....those fans in england ar d one causing this..they should repeat what they did with moyesi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 10:18am On May 17, 2016
dubylhover:

You know well I'm no fan of LVG but I don't support this nonsense from De gea. This has Mendes( De gea's agent) all over it. He's trying to force our hand into certainty in signing Jose and this is not a bad thing but he's going about it the wrong way. Players shouldn't possess that kind of power especially in determining the fate of a manager. Player's having that much power hardly end well; see what happened at Chelsea for example.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2891) (2892) (2893) (2894) (2895) (2896) (2897) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Fladm(m), Ijustwantto, Lana1(m), Shegzdave and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.