Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,446 members, 7,864,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:11 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2994) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8878245 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2991) (2992) (2993) (2994) (2995) (2996) (2997) ... (14218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 5:15pm On Jun 16, 2016
elampiro:

Kane, Ali and Lallana have no business being in the first team.

Rooney is playing CM and that is not Barkely's position. Hodgson should persist with the guys who have been getting the job done. Sturridge, Rooney, Barkely. Sterling will play well if these guys are in attack.

Sterling himself would be ashamed & embarassed at this ridiculous excuse you put forward.

Person dey put in performances atypical of division 3 players in the Sudanese league,you are here blaming it on the absence of a fat & disillusioned Rooney in the frontline.

As a matter of fact, Sterling has no business in that team !!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 5:36pm On Jun 16, 2016
This sterling is absolutely horrendous, how he maga'd Manchester city is still beyond my understanding. And Roy will still start him in their final group game, this man na another Phee-lo-so-phee angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 6:46pm On Jun 16, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Lmao. Sometimes u just ve to wonder how some people were allowed to graduate from whatever school they attended.
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:02pm On Jun 16, 2016
dubylhover:

as a human being,is it logical to bench a striker who had 25 league goals and won d EPL golden boot? hodson is playing a flat 433 WHR else wud barkely have played if not cm....and to think you justify sterling starting is just appauling

Kane lacks experience. I saw almost all England games since world cup. I have always followed for decades almost as I follow Manchester United matches.

Kane, Ali, Lallana do not produce what the rest did when England were winning with ease. You saw the pressure Sturridge brought, and the way they pressed with purpose, that was how they played since with the senior players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:02pm On Jun 16, 2016
Yet another late goal in this euro 2016.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:05pm On Jun 16, 2016
Dadehmola:

Sterling himself would be ashamed & embarassed at this ridiculous excuse you put forward.

Person dey put in performances atypical of division 3 players in the Sudanese league,you are here blaming it on the absence of a fat & disillusioned Rooney in the frontline.

As a matter of fact, Sterling has no business in that team !!

Lol

Yes, he has been poor but I am working based on what I saw in the qualifiers when he was their most creative player playing behind/along the senior players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:12pm On Jun 16, 2016
dubylhover

I don't see how Barkely can get into that midfield ahead of Rooney. Only Wilshere can if in his element, and because he plays differently. When Rooney bossed the midfield in Wembley FA cup semi final against Everton, where was Barkely? Earlier in the season, when we beat Everton 3-0 in the league, Rooney was in number 10 and scored. Where Barkely dey?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 7:19pm On Jun 16, 2016
elampiro:

Kane lacks experience. I saw almost all England games since world cup. I have always followed for decades almost as I follow Manchester United matches.

Kane, Ali, Lallana do not produce what the rest did when England were winning with ease. You saw the pressure Sturridge brought, and the way they pressed with purpose, that was how they played since with the senior players.
d main change wasn't Kane,it was Sturridge,cs to b honest vardy didn't do shii in d match...I feel it wud b more productive to pair Sturridge and Kane,did you see how Kane was just dropping deep? an to b honest English players were too poor..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisooblog: 7:30pm On Jun 16, 2016
Bench warmer? Pray tell how come a bençh warmer made 1994 AFCON team of the tournament that kanu can only think of making in his dreams.

2004 okocha was top scorer and tournament MVP. I dare you to name any senior international tournament in which kanu won any man of the match award not all this kalo kalo sentimental african player of the year awards

sleekdot:

When Okocha joined PSG they were midtable and nobody in Europe

See the teams you are mixing with PSG, Liverpool 5 CL, AC Milan - 7 CL, PSG never played a final yet they are pedigree team which pedigree?

What trophy did Okocha win for National team? 94 we won when he was a bench warmer, Olympics he was a mascot No wonder top clubs avoided him like a leper , FIFA and CAF too avoided him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 8:11pm On Jun 16, 2016
dubylhover:

d main change wasn't Kane,it was Sturridge,cs to b honest vardy didn't do shii in d match...I feel it wud b more productive to pair Sturridge and Kane,did you see how Kane was just dropping deep? an to b honest English players were too poor..
The thing is Sturridge is at his best as a striker. Playing both Kane and Sturridge won't help the team at all because when Sturridge isn't shooting on sight, he's contributing little in the creative department. That was why I stated in one of my post that Sturridge is just as useless as Sterling on the wing.
I don't blame Hodgson for sticking with Kane instead of Sturridge because Kane had a fantastic season while Sturridge was constantly ridden with injuries. There was even doubt about him before the Euros commenced.
However, he should have thought about their unproductive midfield when making the decision on who to play in the striker role. England don't have Erikson to open up play with his incisive passes.
Eventhough Kane's linkup & holdup play are quite good (he's been disappointing in this aspect though), he's not a player who will run at defence, which is what England needs.
As per Sterling, I think his best performance has always been in a second striker role or as an inverted forward who drift inside to crete space or shoot at goal. It's sacrilege to heap on him the creative burden when he doesn't have the spectacular vision nor intelligence to operate as one.
His best attribute apart from pace is his off the ball movement to often create space enough to linkup the final pass or get into goal scoring position although his finishing is quite shite. This take us back to his performance as a second striker against us while he was still at Liverpool. His movement was good and his pace was threatening however he was rubbish infront of goal despite the countless of opportunities he had. He's quite similar to Walcott although he's more technical than him.
Furthermore, Sterling's best performance for England has always been in the second striker role. It's unfortunate for him that England operate a 3-man midfield system nor have a creative player to pick his runs on the wing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 8:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
All the big teams are looking so unimpressive in this tourny.
Only Croatia has been good for me. Italy was tactically sound but has little talent overall to impact the game apart from Bonucci.
This is so annoying.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:59pm On Jun 16, 2016
dubylhover:

Kane= cannot carve out a chance from nothing. Cannot do it by himself. But will score when the opportunity comes.

Vardy = Like Kane, cannot carve out a chance himself, but can out pace the last marker. And will score when gifted opportunity.

Sturridge= Can create a chance for himself, can beat a defender and can be a world class in few minutes and become useless the next minutes. Injury prone. However, he is my favourite if England were to play one striker. He also has more experience.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 9:16pm On Jun 16, 2016
This Krychowiak na strong ninja. He can hold the ball under pressure.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 9:21pm On Jun 16, 2016
Washed up Matt Hummels. Making Boateng look like Maldini. Abeg make Bayern carry am wholesale. ..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 9:25pm On Jun 16, 2016
chrisooblog:
Bench warmer? Pray tell how come a bençh warmer made 1994 AFCON team of the tournament that kanu can only think of making in his dreams.

2004 okocha was top scorer and tournament MVP. I dare you to name any senior international tournament in which kanu won any man of the match award not all this kalo kalo sentimental african player of the year awards

do u know that okocha relegated eintracht Frankfurt before leaving them.....
they were losing matches and at d same time rejoicing because of okocha's dribbling exploits.

when they saw d light, it was too late.
okocha is at best a ball juggler. he is not a technical player. with his skills he was supposed to play for the elite clubs but what he did in 1996 against Kahn shows how unserious he is as a professional......though he didn't see it dat way
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emaprince: 9:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
I wonder why some people rate Okocha. Dude was just an entertainer, nothing more. A very unserious player who goes into the pitch just to enjoy himself... Whether his team lose or not, e no concern am, as far as he did planty tricks. No wonder top clubs never looked his way.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:39pm On Jun 16, 2016
This Polish no. 7 na Olodo and he has been escaping sub
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 9:39pm On Jun 16, 2016
Oga dayo, wetin happen to your club players?
They've been awful.
Hummel, Lewy, Gotze, Boateng!
Hummel na big flop waiting to happen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:57pm On Jun 16, 2016
Hugoboi:
Washed up Matt Hummels. Making Boateng look like Maldini. Abeg make Bayern carry am wholesale. ..
I wonder what happened to him. Some guys tho are just lucky to make it to professional level, no better than some guys doing it on the streets for the fun of it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:02pm On Jun 16, 2016
God punish Germany. angry angry angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
larride:
Lol.. dem burst ur ticket??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sleekdot(m): 11:21pm On Jun 16, 2016
chrisooblog:

African footballer of the year is sentiments

6th world footballer of the year is sentiments

WInning CL trophy with Ajax na luck

Getting signed by top clubs in top league is sentiments

How come Okocha no dey ever dey anywhere better things and recognition dey happen
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 11:25pm On Jun 16, 2016
lekkie073:
do u know that okocha relegated eintracht Frankfurt before leaving them.....
they were losing matches and at d same time rejoicing because of okocha's dribbling exploits.

when they saw d light, it was too late.
okocha is at best a ball juggler. he is not a technical player. with his skills he was supposed to play for the elite clubs but what he did in 1996 against Kahn shows how unserious he is as a professional......though he didn't see it dat way
Okocha woke up when he came to Bolton. He became more matured and played to his strengths. He learnt to distribute the ball, hold it up when necessary, he improved on his set pieces, and scored some great goals. Sad he played for a small team but I think he was the best CM in Europe that season- 2004/05.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:04am On Jun 17, 2016
Spy360:

Okocha woke up when he came to Bolton. He became more matured and played to his strengths. He learnt to distribute the ball, hold it up when necessary, he improved on his set pieces, and scored some great goals. Sad he played for a small team but I think he was the best CM in Europe that season- 2004/05.
Haba na.. He's good but not the best in Europe that time..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BossKratos: 12:10am On Jun 17, 2016
undecided
Spy360:

Okocha woke up when he came to Bolton. He became more matured and played to his strengths. He learnt to distribute the ball, hold it up when necessary, he improved on his set pieces, and scored some great goals. Sad he played for a small team but I think he was the BEST CM IN EUROPE THAT SEASON- 2004/05.

Bros delete dis post na? Why you wan begin dey write like barca fans?

Where you wan begin put dem" lampard or ronaldinho or deco" dem for that season?

Haba!!!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:43am On Jun 17, 2016
chrisooblog:

Portsmouth fa cup win.
Kanu was their best player and Man of the match.

forget okocha,that guy na comedian.
support agawonder.
or utaka the attacker
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 7:02am On Jun 17, 2016
Diademk07:
Oga dayo, wetin happen to your club players?
They've been awful.
Hummel, Lewy, Gotze, Boateng!
Hummel na big flop waiting to happen.
they were really poor.only kroos seemed to have a pretty decent game.i tink mst of d players r fatiqued
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 7:55am On Jun 17, 2016
Odunharry:

Lol.. dem burst ur ticket??

Yes now, ticket that has going for more than a week and that foolish Germany match was the last game.

The annoying thing is that i didn't even given them straight win, make dem just score ni oooo angry angry angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:09am On Jun 17, 2016
International star confident he will sign for Man United
HENRIKH MKHITARYAN is confident he will move to Manchester United this summer, according to reports.

The Armenia international's future at Borussia Dortmund is uncertain with 12 months remaining on his contract.
He has rejected an extension but Dortmund are determined to hold on to the midfielder having already lost Ilkay Gundogan and Mats Hummels and, according to the Daily Mirror, have
already rejected a £19m bid.
But The Times report that Mkhitaryan believes he will become a United player and his agent Mino Raiola thinks Dortmund will change their stance.
He told the newspaper: "He wants to go to Manchester United and we are still trying to resolve the situation."
Yesterday, Bild claimed United were willing to offer Mkhitaryan a £7.9m-a-year deal to make the move to Old Trafford.
Dortmund's chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke has insisted he would rather lose the 27-year-old on a free transfer in 12 months' time rather than lose him this summer.

culled from dailystar
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisooblog: 9:38am On Jun 17, 2016
yes if people like diouf and adebayor can also win it too

who carrying 6th don epp?

the same way bosingwa, betrand, danilo sef carry CL

any average ninja can be signed by a top club e.g bebe (man u), djibiti or whatever his name is (chelsea), chamakh (arsenal)

how come your best player that ever liveth could not score a single goal in 9 international senior national team tournaments? how come he could not win a single man of the match award? how come he was such a bench warmer he became an ambassador for woolworths sweaters?

sleekdot:

African footballer of the year is sentiments

6th world footballer of the year is sentiments

WInning CL trophy with Ajax na luck

Getting signed by top clubs in top league is sentiments

How come Okocha no dey ever dey anywhere better things and recognition dey happen
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:42am On Jun 17, 2016
larride:

Yes now, ticket that has going for more than a week and that foolish Germany match was the last game.

The annoying thing is that i didn't even given them straight win, make dem just score ni oooo angry angry angry angry
Pele
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 9:46am On Jun 17, 2016
larride:
grin grin grin

Only Ozil and Kroos try for that match. Lewandoski did well also.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2991) (2992) (2993) (2994) (2995) (2996) (2997) ... (14218) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.