Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3077) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8741888 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3074) (3075) (3076) (3077) (3078) (3079) (3080) ... (14155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2016
Dembele was good but that Mor lad was something else. They had better not bring in that average Schurrle into the squad to stiffen the kids of playing time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:29pm On Jul 22, 2016
capricornian:
Players like Herrera,Depay, Jones, Rojo should be sold... they have nothing to contribute to this team.... oh and young, the guy wan disappear again with his juju

Lingard, Januzaz are just not ready yet

I would have said Mata should also be sold as I have always said, buy let's see what he can do. Maybe he needs intelligent players around him though I still believe great players can do a solo and not rely on other players

Just as someone suggested, we need QUALITY.... Not quantity

It is important to play well in preseason games but it's not important to win it. The backward passes have reduced and you can see the attacking zeal again. The defense is just poor. It's not yet time to vex. Sip Lipton.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2016
GBR1:

Why did you delete a part of my post?

Read this again, and tell me if again if i was wrong.

you are the one who needs to read the excerpts i posted from Mourihno's interview and explain how we would get the best outta Pogba (with our current setup)

As regards Mata, I fail to grasp the role of the little fella ( Probably as a backup "Hole-man" or an inverted winger" ) in relation to Pogba's best Role in a formation we arent likely to play ( based on the obvious inferences one can draw from the manager's quotes thus far)

Btw, this was what our manager had to say about Mata....

He's here and he works hard," Mourinho said. "He knows that I know he is a good player and he has space in the squad.

"Until August 31 the market is open for every one of my players that is not happy, but to be fair I think he is happy."I think he is happy and I am not expecting him to ask to leave. I am expecting him to do what he is doing now, which is to fight for a place.

"In the end there will be space for everyone, we have 38 matches in the Premier League, we expect to play a lot of them in the Europa League and domestic cups so in a squad of, let's say, 22 players, there will be a space for everyone. So, yes, there is a space for Juan."

if you want to compare the above statement to what he said about Rooney, you are on your own.

Instead of you to just admit to the fact that you have given us another important reason not to sign Pogba, you are grasping at straws. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:32pm On Jul 22, 2016
Pataki:

Ekute, what is the meaning of this manure trash? Who's going to win EUROPA? You no face your level, you dey agonize over Arsenal. grin

Patakettle, you no go face your own bareness. That your mouth be like pata alhaja grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 4:44pm On Jul 22, 2016
Dadehmola:

you are the one who needs to read the excerpts i posted from Mourihno's interview and explain how we would get the best outta Pogba (with our current setup)

As regards Mata, I fail to grasp the role of the little fella ( Probably as a backup "Hole-man" or an inverted winger" ) in relation to Pogba's best Role in a formation we arent likely to play ( based on the obvious inferences one can draw from the manager's quotes thus far)

Btw, this was what our manager had to say about Mata....

if you want to compare the above statement to what he said about Rooney, you are on your own.

Instead of you to just admit to the fact that you have given us another important reason not to sign Pogba, you are grasping at straws. grin grin

You failed to prove that Rooney would always play as 10 (he's also a 9) and you've also failed to prove Rooney must always start. You've proved absolutely nothing!

Listen to yourself again; So you think Mourinho playing Rooney as a 10 is a reason not to sign Pogba? It's embarrassing to claim to that, and i stand by that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 4:45pm On Jul 22, 2016
As if united wouldn't get revenge when they meet again in the ucl.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 4:46pm On Jul 22, 2016
diadem07, how far the replies regard Pogba?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 4:54pm On Jul 22, 2016
Leyqute:

It is important to play well in preseason games but it's not important to win it. The backward passes have reduced and you can see the attacking zeal again. The defense is just poor. It's not yet time to vex. Sip Lipton.

Of course I know and am not talking based on this game alone but I just can't wait to get rid of some of these players I consider average
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 5:00pm On Jul 22, 2016
GBR1:
You failed to prove that Rooney would always play as 10 (he's also a 9) and you've also failed to prove Rooney must always start. You've proved absolutely nothing!

Listen to yourself again; So you think Mourinho playing Rooney as a 10 is a reason not to sign Pogba? It's embarrassing to claim to that, and i stand by that.

Oga - if the manager has said our captain is gonna be a very important player for him & the reasonable assumption is that Pogba, Miki & Ibra would be in our starting lineups, give us an "unembarrasing" analysis of how we would get the best outta our potential 100m (220k/week after tax) signing....aside combing the whole of Europe for a top (and probably expensive) Defensive Midfilder to partner him in a pivot.

And to think you came out guns-blazing to annihilate us with facts, only for you to give us another excellent reason why we should steer clear of Pogba grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 5:13pm On Jul 22, 2016
GBR1:
diadem07, how far the replies regard Pogba?
What do you want me to say?
You think Pogba is the best we can get right now because the better ones aint available but I'm still of the opinion that a readily available Oliver Torres even with his little experience, has more potential and offers what our team needs at the moment than Pogba.
O. Torres only needs a platform to showcase his talent and horn his skills, just the way Psg offered a platform for Verratti regardless of his little experience and today, he's the best young midfielder out there. And it's not as if Torres has no experience at all, he was Porto's best midfielder while he was on loan at the club. If he had been Porto's player, he would have been set with a ridiculous buyout clause by now and could have even gone to City already.
Pogba on the other hand, is a luxury player who could only fit into an already well oiled team. He's not even as good as Yaya who's physically a beast yet with all his physical attributes, he was always found wanting in the CL. This at least tells us that physical attribute isn't the be all. For all Pogba's huge physique, menacing black colour and similar playing style to Yaya's, he's no beast like Yaya nor a deeplying playmaker.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 5:15pm On Jul 22, 2016
I think a 4-2-3-1 formation will be able to accommodate both Pogba and Rooney and hope they give their best, where Pogba plays as a B2B midfielder in the pivot and Rooney plays behind the striker.

IMO a 4-3-3 or any other formation with both on the field would most likely be a disaster.

I could be wrong but Mourinho will want to give Rooney who most fans feel is past his best a chance in the beginning of the season and I hope that does not put the entire season in jeopardy except Rooney is a different person this season.

Man City, Chelsea and the others will not be waiting for us to make mistakes and adjust.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:26pm On Jul 22, 2016
codedguy1:
I think a 4-2-3-1 formation will be able to accommodate both Pogba and Rooney and hope they give their best, where Pogba plays as a B2B midfielder in the pivot and Rooney plays behind the striker.

IMO a 4-3-3 or any other formation with both on the field would most likely be a disaster.

I could be wrong but Mourinho will want to give Rooney who most fans feel is past his best a chance in the beginning of the season and I hope that does not put the entire season in jeopardy except Rooney is a different person this season.

Man City, Chelsea and the others will not be waiting for us to make mistakes and adjust.

Pogba is coming in as our best player.
the team should adjust to him.
if playing as box to box or a "10" is his best position that is where he should play.
we can't spend this amount of money on this ninja and not play him where he'll cause most damage.
I think we probably have to sell Schneiderlin.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:37pm On Jul 22, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Pogba is coming in as our best player.
the team should adjust to him.
if playing as box to box or a "10" is his best position that is where he should play.
we can't spend this amount of money on this ninja and not play him where he'll cause most damage.
I think we probably have to sell Schneiderlin.
Sell Schneiderlin for who na? He's one of the few CM we have with pace.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:56pm On Jul 22, 2016
SailorXY:

Sell Schneiderlin for who na? He's one of the few CM we have with pace.
despite what I said above I think Pogba is coming here to be a box to box type CM.
we need a proper DM to partner him.
Schneiderlin isn't that guy, am seriously confused about the type of player Morgan is.
plus he'll fetch the most money.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 22, 2016
Back to winning ways after winning Wigan , it's now a friendly after getting trashed by Dortmund....
Scums
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:01pm On Jul 22, 2016
Pataki

Mourinho said na like Formula 1 vs formula 3

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 7:05pm On Jul 22, 2016
raumdeuter:
Pataki

Mourinho said na like Formula 1 vs formula 3

You never disappoint...you must show your only talent
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2016
SIRcumalot:

despite what I said above I think Pogba is coming here to be a box to box type CM.
we need a proper DM to partner him.
Schneiderlin isn't that guy, am seriously confused about the type of player Morgan is.
plus he'll fetch the most money.
We don't even have enough bodies, the evidence is clear in the number of academy players featured last season. What's the point selling anyone @ all? It's not like they need the cash to facilitate buys..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Roland17(m): 7:17pm On Jul 22, 2016
Keky:

Na only God fit judge you for this kain trolling. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:21pm On Jul 22, 2016
@ dadehmola: you don criticize too much so let me know your thoughts on this matter...

Let's scrap the players Jose has already brought in & want to bring in.

If you are given £200m for this summer transfers with your knowledge of the squad needs, who are the guys you'll bring in? {realistic targets}

cc afrodoc2
cc elampiro
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2016
SailorXY:

We don't even have enough bodies, the evidence is clear in the number of academy players featured last season. What's the point selling anyone @ all? It's not like they need the cash to facilitate buys..
somebody will still leave that position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:37pm On Jul 22, 2016
SIRcumalot:

somebody will still leave that position.
perhaps but not this season.
We have two veterans in Bastian & Carrick. Not sure how many games they can be fit to feature in.

The rest are Fellaini, Morgan, Herrera, {versatile Blind} & Pererra {academy}. 38 league games bro, who's to know how it's going to go down fitness-wise?

Besides if Pogba joins he should be deployed as attacking midfielder & nothing else. Let him bother less with defensive duties, it's not by size. The guy & Toure Yaya are more or less the same in style.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 7:47pm On Jul 22, 2016
To add to this, I can't believe majority of the guys on here were lambasting LVG for his failure to finish 4th and winning the F.a cup with that poor ugly squad at his disposal.
Infact, he did a miracle with that squad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 8:01pm On Jul 22, 2016
Keky:

You are really a bad bad guy with this high level of trolling. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 8:04pm On Jul 22, 2016
Diademk07:
To add to this, I can't believe majority of the guys on here were lambasting LVG for his failure to finish 4th and winning the F.a cup with that poor ugly squad at his disposal.
Infact, he did a miracle with that squad
Oh stop this búllshit, nobody tied lvg's hands to not buy anybody

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:13pm On Jul 22, 2016
SailorXY:
@ dadehmola: you don criticize too much so let me know your thoughts on this matter...

Let's scrap the players Jose has already brought in & want to bring in.

If you are given £200m for this summer transfers with your knowledge of the squad needs, who are the guys you'll bring in? {realistic targets}

cc afrodoc2
cc elampiro

Lol @ "Criticize too much"

-Since there aren't too many decent CBs out there, I probably would have gone for Bailey too (hoping that he comes good). Varane would also be on my radar.

-Mikitaryn is another player I woulda signed (considering his quality & contract situation at Dortmund).

-As for the C.F. role, I woulda looked to sign one of

Aubameyang

Jamie Vardy

Harry Kane (if Daniel Levy no go do anyhow cheesy)

Edison Cavani (yes, the same Edison Cavani wey you hate die grin )

-In CM, I woulda looked to partner Miralem Pjanić with Schederlain while keeping tabs on happenings as per the purported pogba-Madrid move (the idea is that Kroos or Modric would be surplus to requirements if it happens)

-Any decent winger with pace (I probably would have trusted the judgement of club scouts if they talked about an unknown player)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2016
See wetin Pataki, spy360 and kokaneprodigy dey post for facebook

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by erusen: 8:43pm On Jul 22, 2016
Keky:

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2016
Meanwhile Concave and Convex Lens dey deal with Assanal right now

Off to Gayyners thread for some pepper soup and Asun
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 8:52pm On Jul 22, 2016
raumdeuter:
See wetin Pataki, spy360 and kokaneprodigy dey post for facebook

Afrodoc, hope you dey on emergency call. Mr. Ramuzaki wan tear my mouth with laff. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 8:53pm On Jul 22, 2016
raumdeuter:
Meanwhile Concave and Convex Lens dey deal with Assanal right now

Off to Gayyners thread for some pepper soup and Asun

Oponu, we don equalize. Arindin afofun. Stay here make we dey enjoy the 4-1 suya Moaninghoe prepared for us.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:56pm On Jul 22, 2016
SailorXY:
perhaps but not this season.
We have two veterans in Bastian & Carrick. Not sure how many games they can be fit to feature in.

The rest are Fellaini, Morgan, Herrera, {versatile Blind} & Pererra {academy}. 38 league games bro, who's to know how it's going to go down fitness-wise?

Besides if Pogba joins he should be deployed as attacking midfielder & nothing else. Let him bother less with defensive duties, it's not by size. The guy & Toure Yaya are more or less the same in style.
somebody is going to grumble about playing time you know that.
maybe mid season.

I like to think that pogba will be played as an AM but I've my doubt some which have been raised above.
seeing his performance in a Box to box role for france in the two games I watched didn't gimme that much confidence in his ability in that role.
there Is a workaround,
and I trust Jose will find out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3074) (3075) (3076) (3077) (3078) (3079) (3080) ... (14155) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: segzysexy(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.