Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,344 members, 7,860,882 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:00 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8861571 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3136) (3137) (3138) (3139) (3140) (3141) (3142) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by halmeyd(m): 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2016
Diademk07:

I stopped reading "at better in the knockout stage"!

Are you forgetting he was mostly injured in the knockout stage and was rubbish vs the Swiss team. Did you even watch the worldcup at all?

As for your french league claim, pray tell how good is Psg team compared to the rest in that league? This is a team that has the best midfield as well as the best forwards, that's not to talk about how average the league is. With a lesser forward in front of him, Hazard was able to acquire roughly the sme stats, if not better.

Di Maria is a brainless inconsistent sod as simple ABc.

smh,all these epl fan boys sha....dey wont watch any oda league aside d epl nd dey will be judgin d players of oda leagues dey dnt even watch dem atall.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2016
SailorXY:
who was fired after one season in Madrid?

Where did you read one season? If you break a world record and dont win either the league or CL you should get fired
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:26pm On Aug 10, 2016
dopeJemi:
I believe Madrid outspent their rivals with those buys, correct me if i'm wrong

Pep has outspent his rivals, so he has no excuse not to win the league

Not in all those seasons
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

Not in all those seasons

Okay but answer my question, pep has no excuse not to win the league this season because he is the biggest spender this transfer window

Right?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:41pm On Aug 10, 2016
Diademk07:

Unbeaten run that had us concede goals vs Liverpool, 2 goals vs City et al?

Don't try to play smart, we were on unbeaten run because of Carrick best form in a 4-1-4-1 formation that probably brought out the best in him, resulting in our better attack. It wasn't like Jones/Smalling defensive play made us not to concede goals to make us win those games.

Jones and Smalling had clean sheets and played together well outside the unbeaten run.

Carrick was not the only reason we went unbeaten. Carrick and Jones injured same day, and we lost the next match. It was only when Jones returned to pair with Smalling that we regained stability in the last two or three games.

Whether we conceded goals vs City and Liverpool was immaterial. At the time these teams were better than us. We lost 0-3, 0-3 at Old Trafford to these teams the previous season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 5:42pm On Aug 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

Where did you read one season? If you break a world record and dont win either the league or CL you should get fired

Meaning that it wouldnt be outta place if Mourihno is given more than one season to win the league abi?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 5:46pm On Aug 10, 2016
halmeyd:

smh,all these epl fan boys sha....dey wont watch any oda league aside d epl nd dey will be judgin d players of oda leagues dey dnt even watch dem atall.

Better shake your damn head well. Tell me how the French league is as good as the Premier league? Apart from Psg, which other competitive teams are in the league?

Is it because it produce talents? Is it the only league that produces talent?

The funny thing is most of the talents aint even yet developed before leaving the league. Tell me how they could have made the league better when they always get poached early before they event get to reach their peak years?

Abegi!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 5:46pm On Aug 10, 2016
PietroRico:
Hmm
Not true. That account is a sh1t source. Go through the previous tweets on it and their replies.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:49pm On Aug 10, 2016
Diademk07:

He was the worst defender considering we were in a group consisting of nobodies such as Bosnia and Iran but the moment we faced a decent team like the Arggentines and French, the team looked the trash it was in the first place.

Any team in the world cup is good. Bosnia qualified from Europe where Sweden, Scotland, Wales, etc could not qualify. Iran were better than Argentina in their group match. Argentina were lucky to escape upset and had to get a slim win via a late winner from Messi ingenuity. Yet Argentina played the final match.

We didn't look inferior to France and Argentina. They only beat us. We were even better than France in the first half. I doubt if you saw these matches you describe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 5:53pm On Aug 10, 2016
elampiro:

Jones and Smalling had clean sheets and played together well outside the unbeaten run.

Carrick was not the only reason we went unbeaten. Carrick and Jones injured same day, and we lost the next match. It was only when Jones returned to pair with Smalling that we regained stability in the last two or three games.

Whether we conceded goals vs City and Liverpool was immaterial. At the time these teams were better than us. We lost 0-3, 0-3 at Old Trafford to these teams the previous season.

I don't get this at all. I ask again if Jones was important to our unbeaten runs, why concede goals then?

The last 3 games still had us conceding goals and we looked boring as hell in those games which means Carrick was the reason for our attacks in those games.

Like I stated earlier, stop trying to play smart with my intelligence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:56pm On Aug 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

Not in all those seasons

In 2009 and 2013 when Madrid broke the records for Ronaldo and Bale respectively which club spent more than them?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 5:57pm On Aug 10, 2016
GBR1:

Not true. That account is a sh1t source. Go through the previous tweets on it and their replies.
precisely why I posted it here.
So that you guys would do the verification grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 6:07pm On Aug 10, 2016
I just like this Raumdeuter guy, freaking smart! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:07pm On Aug 10, 2016
Diademk07:

I stopped reading "at better in the knockout stage"!

Are you forgetting he was mostly injured in the knockout stage and was rubbish vs the Swiss team. Did you even watch the worldcup at all?

As for your french league claim, pray tell how good is Psg team compared to the rest in that league? This is a team that has the best midfield as well as the best forwards, that's not to talk about how average the league is. With a lesser forward in front of him, Hazard was able to acquire roughly the sme stats, if not better.

Di Maria is a brainless inconsistent sod as simple ABc.

I have already mentioned Di Maria missed the semi final and final. But he was Argentina best player in the knockout matches he played, and even the tournament best player at those two stages, closely followed by Arjen Robben who also had great second round and quarter final matches.

I think you actually watch football from livescores.

Before Di Maria got to PSG, the highest Assist in 2014/2015 season was James Pastore 12 Assists.

2013/2014 Ibrahimovic and Lucas Moura were the highest at 11 Assists.

2012/2013 Ibrahimovic was the highest at 8 Assist.

But Di Maria went there and got 18 Assists with the next person in the league far behind. I checked many years back, PSG were not having a player with high Assists. So Kagawa10, look for another excuse. Even Di Maria topped Assist by far in Laliga.

You mentioned Hazard, where did Hazard make 18 Assists a season? You no know ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2016
Skimpledawg:
I just like this Raumdeuter guy, freaking smart! grin

Lol, he never concedes defeat, he'll still look for one nonsense to say to bail out. cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 6:13pm On Aug 10, 2016
Chelseafan1:

Lol, he never concedes defeat, he'll still look for one nonsense to say to bail out. cheesy cheesy
strikes me like a student that is not too intelligent, but how he comes top of the class amazes the others grin

the way he switches on and Off like binary numbers is epic
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 6:15pm On Aug 10, 2016
Skimpledawg:

strikes me like a student that is not too intelligent, but how he comes top of the class amazes the others grin

shocked shocked

Shots fired?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 6:16pm On Aug 10, 2016
elampiro:

Any team in the world cup is good. Bosnia qualified from Europe where Sweden, Scotland, Wales, etc could not qualify. Iran were better than Argentina in their group match. Argentina were lucky to escape upset and had to get a slim win via a late winner from Messi ingenuity. Yet Argentina played the final match.

We didn't look inferior to France and Argentina. They only beat us. We were even better than France in the first half. I doubt if you saw these matches you describe.

Iran parked the bus against Argentina because they had no hope of matching them but with Bosnia, they gave their best try to see what will eventually happen and they were well spanked for their trouble.

Did you even check Bosnia Euro qualifiers group? Looking at the Bosnia team, who's in that team compared to the likes of Bales, Ramsey, Allen, Ashley W that went far in the last Euro. Apart from Pjanic and maybe the wasteful Dzeko, I don't know anyone else.

At least, Majority of the Welsh players played in the Epl/championship which is far better than any Bosnia league or any other average leagues that majority of the Bosnia and Iran players were fetched from!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 6:16pm On Aug 10, 2016
elampiro:

You no know ball.
elamps baba grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:17pm On Aug 10, 2016
Diademk07:

I don't get this at all. I ask again if Jones was important to our unbeaten runs, why concede goals then?

The last 3 games still had us conceding goals and we looked boring as hell in those games which means Carrick was the reason for our attacks in those games.

Like I stated earlier, stop trying to play smart with my intelligence.

The most important thing is that Smalling and Jones did not lose a game together as CD pairs. What these guys do is that they play close to the centre line, which enables the forward players to concentrate. We might concede to strong opponents but we will eventually outscore them because the forwards worry less about retracting to do defensive duties. They play more in the opposition half and final third.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 6:20pm On Aug 10, 2016
Skimpledawg:

cheesy cheesy Whenever his replies ain't coming in for so long, he wan use style run be dt....Pep has already outspent Mou, yet na Mourinho hin dey face because he broke world record, who are the players Pep bot with his own money, did he buy them just to waste money?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 6:21pm On Aug 10, 2016
AdisaOwala:

shocked shocked
Shots fired?
Oga wetin na.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 6:25pm On Aug 10, 2016
Chelseafan1:

cheesy cheesy Whenever his replies ain't coming in for so long, he wan use style run be dt....Pep has already outspent Mou, yet na Mourinho hin dey face because he broke world record, who are the players Pep bot with his own money, did he buy them just to waste money?
to be candid, when that question was directed to him by dopejemi, I was anticipating his reply and funny enough, he did not disappoint grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 6:26pm On Aug 10, 2016
wink
AdisaOwala:

shocked shocked
Shots fired?

Definitely! But these shots were fired with a silencer attached!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 6:29pm On Aug 10, 2016
Santiago Ascacibar looks a star in the making...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2016
RuuDie:
here na united thread not Seville's.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2016
elampiro:

I have already mentioned Di Maria missed the semi final and final. But he was Argentina best player in the knockout matches he played, and even the tournament best player at those two stages, closely followed by Arjen Robben who also had great second round and quarter final matches.

I think you actually watch football from livescores.

Before Di Maria got to PSG, the highest Assist in 2014/2015 season was James Pastore 12 Assists.

2013/2014 Ibrahimovic and Lucas Moura were the highest at 11 Assists.

2012/2013 Ibrahimovic was the highest at 8 Assist.

But Di Maria went there and got 18 Assists with the next person in the league far behind. I checked many years back, PSG were not having a player with high Assists. So Kagawa10, look for another excuse. Even Di Maria topped Assist by far in Laliga.

You mentioned Hazard, where did Hazard make 18 Assists a season? You no know ball.

I stated that Hazard had roughly the same stats or if not better and yes he was better with his 20 goals and 16 assists, he was far better than Di Maria while playing in a lesser team.

The funny thing is, if average to nothing headless players such as Moura and Pastore could get 11/12 assists for Psg in that league, what is the fuss about Di Maria's 18 assists?
Why couldn't he do his magic vs City then? Why look rubbish in both legs against City awful defence?

Abegi!

Only those that don't watch Di Maria wouldn't know that he's an inconsistent sod who would stink the place for the entire 90 mins yet deliver an assist at the end of it. The only time he was ever consistent was for a 6months as a makeshift box-box CM alongside pass masters like Modric/Alonso.

I was vehemently against his signing and I was happy when he was rightly binned because he's not a player you build a team around to make it function but a player that's only added to an already well oiled functioning team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:40pm On Aug 10, 2016
Di Maria has left, let us forget the guy.
I am with Diadem on this one, IMO the guy is an inconsistent stat padder.........play rubbish and fluke an assist.

We should be discussing about the guys we have now not ex-players.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 6:40pm On Aug 10, 2016
elampiro:

The most important thing is that Smalling and Jones did not lose a game together as CD pairs. What these guys do is that they play close to the centre line, which enables the forward players to concentrate. We might concede to strong opponents but we will eventually outscore them because the forwards worry less about retracting to do defensive duties. They play more in the opposition half and final third.

How did they make us win the gme when they couldn't keep clean sheets despite the spider man, De gea behind them? Care to explain that to me?
Should I fetch you a game where we managed to keep a clean sheet without the 'mighty Jones' in it that very season?

Abegi!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:42pm On Aug 10, 2016
RuuDie:

Is he as good as Lee Cattermole?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:47pm On Aug 10, 2016
afrodoc2:

In 2009 and 2013 when Madrid broke the records for Ronaldo and Bale respectively which club spent more than them?

Were those the only 2 seasons Madrid broke the world records
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:49pm On Aug 10, 2016
RuuDie:
U this man u've come again with ur wahala of suggesting unknown players for United to buy. Who TF is Santiago Asaba again??
I've already advised u. If na d kind players u love to watch b dat, den maybe u should consider becoming a Stoke City fan

(1) (2) (3) ... (3136) (3137) (3138) (3139) (3140) (3141) (3142) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Jamiuokolla, metodman(m), eph12(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.