Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,136 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:32 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8863873 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3139) (3140) (3141) (3142) (3143) (3144) (3145) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 9:10pm On Aug 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

I can spend 120M at say 25M each on 5 young players, Would you say I would have the same expectations as Someone who spent 110M on a player?

I was expecting those who have followed football for a while to know this isnt the case. WHen you break a world record a new form of expectation is on you

Like saying the expectation on a Man who buys 1 Buggati for 35M and one who buys 6 cars toyota, Honda, Nissan, Kia, Hyundai, Volkswagen at 6M each. The one who buys 6 cars people go say he try, But the one who buys 1 Buggatti has made a statement and expectations would be higher on him

or for your area you dey carry Sikira Nkechi, Bose Adaora and Fatima compared to your guy wey just carry Zahra Buhari

Lol!

This guy, eh!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:14pm On Aug 10, 2016
kokaneprodigy:
boo boo boo, bay bay bay, bla bla bla. You trying so hard to sound intelligent but u still coming out dull.
Apart from the record signing, he signed two other players for over 30M each, coupled with the fact that Ibra is on a wage of well over 200k weekly, Pogba is on that as well.
Two very high profile signings were gotten by him this season alone.
Need I add that Mou has over 5yrs EPL experience? You mean manure did all these so MOU could go trophyless?

Before u counter me, u must be able to tell me any of Peps signings that are of higher profile in football than Pogba and Ibra, secondly, any of his signings that will earn over 200k weekly.
Let me add, that if Mou wins any trophy it won't be seen as due to tactics or skill we'll always remember he got Ibra and a record signing. You don't get record signings to go trophyless.

Who are the two players he signed for over 30m?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 9:14pm On Aug 10, 2016
I dey read news saying that villareal is interested in Mata for a loan deal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:14pm On Aug 10, 2016
kokaneprodigy:
boo boo boo, bay bay bay, bla bla bla. You trying so hard to sound intelligent but u still coming out dull.
Apart from the record signing, he signed two other players for over 30M each, coupled with the fact that Ibra is on a wage of well over 200k weekly, Pogba is on that as well.
Need I add that Mou has over 5yrs EPL experience? You mean manure did all these so MOU could go trophyless?

Before u counter me, u must be able to tell me any of Peps signings that are of higher profile in football than Pogba and Ibra, secondly, any of his signings that will earn over 200k weekly.
Let me add, that if Mou wins any trophy it won't be seen as due to tactics or skill we'll always remember he got Ibra and a record signing. You don't get record signings to go trophyless.
You don't even need to spend much before you are labeled as a failure if you can't win a major trophy in any of the big leagues. Wenger has been labeled a failure for many years now and he didn't even have to spend much to merit it.
What we MU fans want to see from mourinho's team is an attacking brand of football, threatening everybody. He does not have to win the league or the world cup this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

Statistically Mikitaryan, Pogba and Zlatan were the best players in Germany Italy and France. You buy these type of players for immediate impact meaning win immediately

Compare that to Nolito, Sane, Stones, Gundogan etc how many of these would make top 5 from the league they are coming from and 3 of his buys are even teenagers meaning he is probably working on a long term project to phase out the older guys gradually while the youths take over gradually.

City has a reason to do that because after spending almost 100M every summer their squad currently is filled with over 30 players who have little use. They have 4 full backs all over 30

If as Mourinho was buying Pogba Zlatan and Miki, Pep was buying Suarez, Muller and Bonnuci we for say they are equal and have the same target
Raumdeuter you don fck up, why you give that olodo patrickmuf expo. dude thinks having muffin in the head means one is smart.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 9:17pm On Aug 10, 2016

Jose Mourinho calls on Manchester United to win an 'unrealistic' Premier League title

The Manchester United squad have been enjoying some brief interludes during the daily grind, Jose Mourinho making a concerted effort to break up their training routine.
They come together, debriefed on whatever drill or shape being worked on before the manager begins explaining any single change to Premier League rules, of which there are plenty, he deems fit.
It is a diversionary tactic from the obvious monotony of pre-season. This year that takes on extra tedium at Carrington given Mourinho is busy dismantling Louis van Gaal's blustering 'philosophy' day by day.

United's players are effectively being coached to forget everything the previous manager implemented during a two-year reign encapsulated by boredom.
Mourinho is wary the transformation will not be perfected overnight and - while making a point of refusing to dance on his predecessor's failings - was forthright in delivering a pronounced message ahead of Sunday afternoon's Community Shield against champions Leicester City.
'It would be easier to get 20 new players and start with them from zero than to get a squad that was previously with a top manager but with different ideas than mine,' the Portuguese said.
'It's difficult to change the way we analyse the defensive organisation.
'If you are a full back and every time you have the ball you pass to a central defender and you repeat that for two years, it is not because I say get the ball and look for solutions in between the lines that they are going to do that [straight away].
'In training, yes, you stop, you speak, you repeat. In competition, no, the ball arrives to you and you have no time for that. You go for automatic, the instinct, so the dynamic is very difficult.'

Mourinho will grow frustrated on Sunday at Wembley, probably away at Bournemouth next Sunday too, as he waits for improvement to kick in. He has a clear vision of how United should play, zonal marking making a return alongside the removal of a culture of endless possession.

The 53-year-old spoke passionately about watching United defenders having 'chased opponents 15-20 metres' last season and a desire to change their entire shape.
'I am not saying that is wrong,' he added. 'I am saying it is not my way to do it and to say now, we play zonal - you don't follow the man - and we make the team compact and in between our positions, we mark the movement of the opponent, it is a completely different profile, it takes time.

'Sometimes we all feel that contradiction between what they are used to doing and what they want to do, and that from the mental point of view is not easy to adapt.
'We use every minute we have to improve the players and especially to improve the principles of how we play as a team.

Clearly you are feeling that I am going to play (Wayne) Rooney and (Zlatan) Ibrahimovic. I don't think Rooney and Ibrahimovic are players to play in the counter-attack.
'We have to be dominant in our game but again one thing is to be dominant by trying to have a huge percentage of ball possession.
'This is a way to be dominant but another way to be dominant is to play in the last third and to use the best quality of two strikers like Rooney and Ibrahimovic so I have to read the situation and adapt to the quality of the players so step by step.
'

Mourinho hopes that clicks quickly after setting his squad the 'unrealistic' goal of winning this season's Premier League title - a move he believes will see them scale unimaginable heights.
'By creating these you push the team to unexpected levels,' he said. 'To win the Champions League with Porto or Inter is unexpected and a very risky objective.
'To win championships in the first season is a little bit of the same but I like that. People analyse it as arrogant and so on, that's not a problem for me. The reality is I always feel [for] players, managers, clubs [that] this kind of difficult targets can only help us.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3727278/Jose-Mourinho-calls-Manchester-United-win-unrealistic-Premier-League-title.html#ixzz4Gxh7YjtY
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 9:17pm On Aug 10, 2016
dopeJemi:

u dey minddat one dat talks before thinking
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:17pm On Aug 10, 2016
patrickmuf:
In football, today's football at least, the marketability of a player is always a factor in his pricing as is his footballing abilities...So, your analogy is already showing lines of fault.

In addition to the world most expensive player Man utd would have the best player from french, Italian and German league

First thing you consider in player transfer is their playing ability everything else is subjective. Suarez is very low in marketability yet if you are to buy him today he would probably break world records

Another example is Bale till last Sunday he was the most expensive player yet might not make top 10 most marketable actually according to this website he is 9th below Gotze(a club and national benchwarmer) in marketability

http://repucom.net/europes-top-10-most-marketable-footballers/

Infact from the site Gotze is the top 2 most marketable Bayern player yet doesnt make Bayern team

As per your first line, if you spend 25m on five good players, I'd say that's a better piece of business on a footballing stand point and thus you should do much better than a fella who interested all in one...

Several instances have proven that 1 major signing is better than 7 minor signings You can ask AVB and Tottenham or Arsenal who signed 6 players in 2 days after chopping 8-2 from Manure. Or Liverpool under Brendan Rodgers. Better to buy one master than 7 dross

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:21pm On Aug 10, 2016
lekkie073:
u dey minddat one dat talks before thinking

ignorance is really a disease
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:22pm On Aug 10, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

All things being equaled, I'm not one that responds to lesser mortals (In this case, an Arsenal Fan) but let me dignify you with a response today, the talk of players transfer fees as well as weekly wage has been put to rest a long time ago, dunno why you're still in the business of dragging back, may be it's the only way you have to look to see Arsenal was once a potent force, at least in the EPL...
The talk of high profile players and the fees they command doesn't cut it at all, we all saw Greece win the Euros in 2004, your useless club go unbeaten through a season with players that didn't believe 200k a week was a reality, A. Madrid have been doing well without spending heavily, Leicester City recently lend their voice to the argument etc so why are you still clutching on? Something should suffice, don't you think?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 10, 2016
dopeJemi:

Don't ask me stupîd question. If you missed the news that's your problem not mine
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:29pm On Aug 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

In addition to the world most expensive player Man utd would have the best player from french, Italian and German league

First thing you consider in player transfer is their playing ability everything else is subjective. Suarez is very low in marketability yet if you are to buy him today he would probably break world records

Another example is Bale till last Sunday he was the most expensive player yet might not make top 10 most marketable actually according to this website he is 9th below Gotze(a club and national benchwarmer) in marketability

Infact from the site Gotze is the top 2 most marketable Bayern player yet doesnt make Bayern team
At least we are heading somewhere, now you agree with me that transfer market value doesn't necessarily mean a player is better right?
So why the argument in the first place? As we all know, Gundogan is just as good when fit, Nolito has been excellent all this years for Celta Vigo, Sane announced hoimself on the big scene by single handedly threatening to dump R. Madrid out of the UCL, the guy from Brazil, Gabriel Jesus is just about the best player in the Brazilian league, only questionable signing is Stones which is even debatable so what exactly is your point?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 9:32pm On Aug 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

Feel bad? Infact I am elated I can even throw a party right now that all my effort day and night isnt in vain. Only if they can give me some reward like they do for Mr Nairaland to pay for my internet
your logic analysis is top-notch, I admire that bout u baba

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:32pm On Aug 10, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

Don't ask me stupîd question. If you missed the news that's your problem not mine

You are an idiotic troglodyte

Bailly- 30m pounds

Mkhitaryan- 26.3m pounds

So I ask again, who are the two players he signed for over 30m

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:35pm On Aug 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

Several instances have proven that 1 major signing is better than 7 minor signings You can ask AVB and Tottenham or Arsenal who signed 6 players in 2 days after chopping 8-2 from Manure. Or Liverpool under Brendan Rodgers. Better to buy one master than 7 dross
Denilson, Kaka, Ibra at Barca, Torres and Shevchenko at Chelsea and many others on the other side of the divide say hi raumdeuter.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 9:37pm On Aug 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

[s] Statistically Mikitaryan, Pogba and Zlatan were the best players in Germany Italy and France. You buy these type of players for immediate impact meaning win immediately

Compare that to Nolito, Sane, Stones, Gundogan etc how many of these would make top 5 from the league they are coming from and 3 of his buys are even teenagers meaning he is probably working on a long term project to phase out the older guys gradually while the youths take over gradually.

City has a reason to do that because after spending almost 100M every summer their squad currently is filled with over 30 players who have little use. They have 4 full backs all over 30

If as Mourinho was buying Pogba Zlatan and Miki, Pep was buying Suarez, Muller and Bonnuci we for say they are equal and have the same target[/s]

Pep has bought the players he deems good enough to win the league - it's nobody's business if the likes of Dickson Etuhu & Connor Wikham constitute the bulk of his purchases...

Egbon...Leave story and lets stick to the emboldened part of this post of yours biko...

raumdeuter:

Just as you are waiting for Pep at the end of next season We are also waiting for Mourinho at the end of next season

Mourinho has always given excuses why Pep is perceived to be a better coach Whether he coached in an easy league or coached a team that was superstar filled now all excuses in the trash both are starting from the bottom and I am saying I am expecting Pep to win and I expect Mourinho to win too no excuse for either

ANyone who fails to win has failed

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 10, 2016
patrickmuf:
All things being equaled, I'm not one that responds to lesser mortals (In this case, an Arsenal Fan) but let me dignify you with a response today, the talk of players transfer fees as well as weekly wage has been put to rest a long time ago, dunno why you're still in the business of dragging back, may be it's the only way you have to look to see Arsenal was once a potent force, at least in the EPL...
The talk of high profile players and the fees they command doesn't cut it at all, we all saw Greece win the Euros in 2004, your useless club go unbeaten through a season with players that didn't believe 200k a week was a reality, A. Madrid have been doing well without spending heavily, Leicester City recently lend their voice to the argument etc so why are you still clutching on? Something should suffice, don't you think?
Don't mix things up. There a difference between expectations and beating the odds.
It's naturally expected for a son of a rich man to succeed in life cos he gets everything easy and ready for him to achieve success, . You won't feel such high expectations from a poor man's son, but we've seen some beating the odds to become very rich and successful, but naturally you won't expect it.
What we are saying is, given the resources at the disposal of both of them expectations are higher now for Jose than Pep. You can try to deny it but it's popular right now particularly after Pogba's signature.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:38pm On Aug 10, 2016
dopeJemi:

Lol help me ask the addict.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 9:44pm On Aug 10, 2016
patrickmuf:
At least we are heading somewhere, now you agree with me that transfer market value doesn't necessarily mean a player is better right?
So why the argument in the first place? As we all know, Gundogan is just as good when fit, Nolito has been excellent all this years for Celta Vigo, Sane announced hoimself on the big scene by single handedly threatening to dump R. Madrid out of the UCL, the guy from Brazil, Gabriel Jesus is just about the best player in the Brazilian league, only questionable signing is Stones which is even debatable so what exactly is your point?

Was it not Draxler, I think?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:47pm On Aug 10, 2016
Diademk07:

Was it not Draxler, I think?
Two seasons or so ago, a certain Leroy Sane put up a brilliant display at the Santiago Bernabeu, scoring two goals in the process.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:53pm On Aug 10, 2016
patrickmuf:
Two seasons or so ago, a certain Leroy Sane put up a brilliant display at the Santiago Bernabeu, scoring two goals in the process.

He scored 1 and Huntelaar scored 2
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:54pm On Aug 10, 2016
kokaneprodigy:
\
answer the simple question na
ODE DOH grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:55pm On Aug 10, 2016
Skimpledawg:

your logic analysis is top-notch, I admire that bout u baba

I still dey learn work from you, elamps and diadem07
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:57pm On Aug 10, 2016
patrickmuf:

Sane, Nolito Gundogan Stones none of those would be top 5 in their former leagues while Pogba Ibra and Miki were the best
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:59pm On Aug 10, 2016
patrickmuf:
Denilson, Kaka, Ibra at Barca, Torres and Shevchenko at Chelsea and many others on the other side of the divide say hi raumdeuter.

All of them were bought for their footballing abilities That they flopped afterwards is a different story

Kaka was Balon dor winner, Shevy too, Torres was one of the hottest strikers in 08. Ibra was one of the best strikers in italy and Denilson had an outstanding world cup
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:02pm On Aug 10, 2016
elrony:
When people dey talk,Assanal fans go still get liver dey talk!!!

Poor men wey wan spoil community meeting!

grin
in fact eh... i can't explain it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:09pm On Aug 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

Sane, Nolito Gundogan Stones none of those would be top 5 in their former leagues while Pogba Ibra and Miki were the best
So why did Pep go for them? So he could loose? Or so he can have excuses on why he couldn't win?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 10:14pm On Aug 10, 2016
eph12:

So why did Pep go for them? So he could loose? Or so he can have excuses on why he couldn't win?

So he can build for the future. You break transfer records to win immediately but when you are buying teenagers like Sane Zinchenko Jesus(who might not even join till January) then your aim is likely for the future
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:20pm On Aug 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

So he can build for the future . You break transfer records to win immediately but when you are buying teenagers like Sane Zinchenko Jesus(who might not even join till January) then your aim is likely for the future
grin grin grin
Pogba is 23 my friend. He signed a 6 years contract. If that is not a long term plan then maybe I need to go read up what that means. So I guess if he remains the transfer record for the next 5 years he has to win the league for the next 5 years too and also the champions league. Nice one.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 10:23pm On Aug 10, 2016
eph12:

grin grin grin
Pogba is 23 my friend. He signed a 6 years contract. If that is not a long term plan then maybe I need to go read up what that means. So I guess if he remains the transfer record for the next 5 years he has to win the league for the next 5 years too and also the champions league. Nice one.

23 but he was best player in Serie A last season. Compared to some teenagers and others who havent really achieved much in their careers
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:28pm On Aug 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

23 but he was best player in Serie A last season. Compared to some teenagers and others who havent really achieved much in their careers
Hahahaha
So it's his fault that he has achieved that at that age? grin grin cheesy So what you have had him do?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 10:29pm On Aug 10, 2016
Oga don dey fear.
Trying to do all in his power to prepare a soft landing for pep baldiola cheesy grin

First, it was city had a useless squad.
Now he's buying teenagers for the future... Lmao.

So pep just wan come sell kuli kuli for epl this season abi?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3139) (3140) (3141) (3142) (3143) (3144) (3145) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.