Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,241 members, 7,867,634 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:16 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8885120 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3173) (3174) (3175) (3176) (3177) (3178) (3179) ... (14220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:15am On Aug 19, 2016
Spy360:

United have spent over £156millions on transfer already this season.

[size=16] Hope They Win The Champions League [/size]

wink wink

Name the players we bought for over 156million pounds

I hate idiotic statements like this
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:49am On Aug 19, 2016
Monaco interested in Rojo,according to Duncan castles
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:51am On Aug 19, 2016
Monaco interested in Rojo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AikayDaWrapper(m): 11:52am On Aug 19, 2016
Diademk07:

Which coach goes monitoring a player in another league when he has his own team to worry about? Why couldn't Nani stay back if he wants monitoring from the coach?

The only monitoring that's being done is to see if the said players has enough game time, especially in the case of kids that went on loan, not experienced players!
Simple!
I'm done arguing with you cause it seems LVG is your father and can do no wrong in your eyes despite the fact that he spent millions of the clubs money while playing brain numbing boring football without results.

Will be ignoring your posts from now on and it's obvious that you are a troll. Looking for every chance to attack anything Mourinho does without even giving him a chance to showcase his squad.

Good day.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AikayDaWrapper(m): 11:54am On Aug 19, 2016
PietroRico:
Monaco interested in Rojo,according to Duncan castles
He's the one that started the Pogba rumours so I hope this is true also.

Can't have Rojo in the team giving me heart attacks again this season.

Too young to die.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:02pm On Aug 19, 2016
AikayDaWrapper:

I'm done arguing with you cause it seems LVG is your father and can do no wrong in your eyes despite the fact that he spent millions of the clubs money while playing brain numbing boring football without results.

Will be ignoring your posts from now on and it's obvious that you are a troll. Looking for every chance to attack anything Mourinho does without even giving him a chance to showcase his squad.

Good day.

Better! Because I don't even see any sense in that response of yours.

Which coach goes monitoring an experienced player on loan in another league?

I laugh at Mourinho because all his speeches has been stupid such as I won't talk about another player only to talk about Renato or Mata drift inside when Mikhi does the same. Did he watch Mikhi at all?

Anyway, let's wait and see what Mourinho does with the 150mil spent in one season. At least, Van gaal upset his 'spending' with lot of sales.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:12pm On Aug 19, 2016
dopeJemi:

Name the players we bought for over 156million pounds

I hate idiotic statements like this

Did you know that Mkhi was brought in for 36mil pounds according to Dortmund club? Even BBC didn't disclose the price yet I see some on here posting 26mil.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:25pm On Aug 19, 2016
Diademk07:
Lol at Mourinho picking Mata because he drift inside. Mikhi isn't capable of doing same, right?

Almost all his speeches are getting boring already.
I'm sure you think to know better than G.Neville in footbal punditry. We know how the practical went grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
chrisley024:
I'm sure you think to know better than G.Neville in footbal punditry. We know how the practical went grin

Lol!

Who says I'm even good at punditry? Good keh? You no well.

I was just laughing at Mourinho insinuating that Mata would drift inside. But that's what Mkhi does.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:39pm On Aug 19, 2016
Diademk07:

Lol!

I was just laughing at Mourinho insinuating that Mata would drift inside. But that's what Mkhi does.
But he watches them in training and therefore knows better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:55pm On Aug 19, 2016
Diademk07:

Which yeye player of the tourny?

His only good performance was vs Roma team.
Young was our best player in that pre-season followed by Welbeck.

Against Real madrid for example, Welbeck was our best player in the first half and once he went off, the team looked drab. We weren't creating much after the first goal BTW.

In fact our 2nd goal was through a lucky cross that sailed into the net. Not until Kagawa, Lingard and Chicharito introduction did the team start to look like scoring plenty of goals!

You on the other hand should stop watching Rooney performances through his highlight goals, watch the whole match or at least, all his touches!

Rooney was voted player of the tournament.
And deserdly so. Even Rooney's enemy on this thread at the time agreed he hit form and said he could hit near 30 goals if he went into the season with same form.

You didn't watch the matches jor.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 1:00pm On Aug 19, 2016
AikayDaWrapper:

Good day.

grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin. Lol..you're just realizing, quick advise any matter relating mourinho,lvg and Herrera..don't talk with him..cos you wud just get frustrated..especially lvg..most peeps have known for some time...like this night I'm expecting mourinho and Herrera criticism no matter how they play,but like most folks here,just ignore

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:05pm On Aug 19, 2016
Diademko7 below is a link for you.

Wayne Rooney has been named man of the match and player of the tournament.He wins a fishing trip to Lake Michigan and lifetime gold card for Taco Bell.

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11010165/Manchester-United-vs-Liverpool-as-it-happened.html
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
undecided

Those of you engaging Diademk07 really have time!

He hates Jose, he has made it known..... and no one can change it!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 1:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
elampiro:

Rooney was voted player of the tournament.
And deserdly so. Even Rooney's enemy on this thread at the time agreed he hit form and said he could hit near 30 goals if he went into the season with same form.

You didn't watch the matches jor.

Just scoring goals? when he was the second striker? Lol!

The fact that most of our chances came from Young and Welbeck or Kagawa whenever he came on tells a lot. We hardly create chances with Rooney and Mata on the pitch. All we see is Welbeck either taking long shot and getting busy or Young putting in crosses as a wingback when we should be creating through the middle.

Even Chicharito was creating chances for your lump of wood in that controversial Liverpool game.

This finally tells that it's you who didn't watch the match if you actually responded to my first post of "RVp and Rooney looking like dunderheads in the 352 tactic because Rvp didn't play in the pre-season and one sluggish toad in Rooney was enough already let alone having 2 in Rvp and Rooney.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:16pm On Aug 19, 2016
Diademko7

See screenshot from wikipedia. Look at the bottom part of the second attachnent.

It looks to me you don't watch matches and don't follow events, you rather make up stories from your brain as it suits your agenda (your Gaal's support agenda).

The players who impressed were Rooney, Valencia, Mata and Young. Lingard also showed great performance.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 1:20pm On Aug 19, 2016
Diademk07:

The fact that most of our chances came from Young and Welbeck or Kagawa whenever he came on tells a lot. We hardly create chances with Rooney and Mata on the pitch. All we see is Welbeck either taking long shot and getting busy or Young putting in crosses as a wingback when we should be creating through the middle.

Even Chicharito was creating chances for your lump of wood in that controversial Liverpool game.

This finally tells that it's you who didn't watch the match if you actually responded to my first post of "RVp and Rooney looking like dunderheads in the 352 tactic because Rvp didn't play in the pre-season and one sluggish toad in Rooney was enough already let alone having 2 in Rvp and Rooney.

I've not really seen your comment about mourinho in d transfer window.. Wud you say he has brought in the right players to improve our squad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:20pm On Aug 19, 2016
Diademk07:

Our best play was usually when Rooney, Mata and Valencia were on the pitch. And that was also when the opposition fielded their strongest team.

The last 30 minutes when opposition had removed their first team players was when Chicharito, Kagawa played and their sub standard performance was still obvious.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 1:22pm On Aug 19, 2016
elampiro:
Diademko7 below is a link for you.

Wayne Rooney has been named man of the match and player of the tournament.He wins a fishing trip to Lake Michigan and lifetime gold card for Taco Bell.

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11010165/Manchester-United-vs-Liverpool-as-it-happened.html

You don come with your British report again?

Which Liverpool match are you even talking about? That controversial match where a penalty wasn't awarded to Liverpool? Or a cross that sailed out for goal before it got cancelled?

Not to talk of the fact that we looked quite poor in the first half when Liverpool should have scored plenty while the likes of Sterling and Coutinho terrorised us throughout.

The scoreline didn't even tell the story.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
elampiro:

Our best play was usually when Rooney, Mata and Valencia were on the pitch. And that was also when the opposition fielded their strongest team.

The last 30 minutes when opposition had removed their first team players was when Chicharito, Kagawa played and their sub standard performance was still obvious.

That's not true. The likes of Roma and Madrid fielded their best players in the second half. I remembered Pjanic and Ronaldo coming on in the second half.

The galaxy game for example, the team was dire in the first half despite the 3 goals scored until the introduction of Kagawa who was putting Herrera in lot of good position with his passes before Herrera's through balls. Don't forget Kagawa was the CM in that match.

The only match I remembered Rooney playing well was the Roma game 1st half game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:31pm On Aug 19, 2016
Diademk07:

You don come with your British report again?

Which Liverpool match are you even talking about? That controversial match where a penalty wasn't awarded to Liverpool? Or a cross that sailed out for goal before it got cancelled?

Not to talk of the fact that we looked quite poor in the first half when Liverpool should have scored plenty while the likes of Sterling and Coutinho terrorised us throughout.

The scoreline didn't even tell the story.

You have come with your useless conspiracies against the English press. Na English press award Rooney best player of the tournament?

I saw it with my eyes. This is why I think you don't watch matches.

Again Rooney was second highest goal scorer in the tournament and gave a superb performance throughout. Even if you want to say Liverpool had a better play in the final, Rooney was still the best player on the pitch.

Again Rooney was by far United highest goal scorer from the LA Galaxy game to the final game against Valencia. So whether he played as a second striker as you mentioned earlier is imaterial.

I don tire for you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:37pm On Aug 19, 2016
Diademk07:

That's not true. The likes of Roma and Madrid fielded their best players in the second half. I remembered Pjanic and Ronaldo coming in the second half.

The galaxy game for example, the team was dire in the first half despite the 3 goals scored until the introduction of Kagawa who was putting Herrera in lot of good position with his passes before Herrera's through balls. Don't forget Kagawa was the CM in that match.

The only match I remembered Rooney playing well was the Roma game 1st half game.

Ronaldo was not fit, he was coming back from injury, hence the coach fielded the fit players.

Our best time was when we played Rooney, Valencia, Mata and Young. The last 30 minutes, we always lost shape with those kids.

It was not hard to know Rooney was the best player in matches. May be I should even search for reports. But you will again say it is British papers. Even on this thread, people praised Rooney despite heavy criticism against him months before.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 1:42pm On Aug 19, 2016
elampiro:

You have come with your useless conspiracies against the English press. Na English press award Rooney best player of the tournament?

I saw it with my eyes. This is why I think you don't watch matches.

Again Rooney was second highest goal scorer in the tournament and gave a superb performance throughout. Even if you want to say Liverpool had a better play in the final, Rooney was still the best player on the pitch.

Again Rooney was by far United highest goal scorer from the LA Galaxy game to the final game against Valencia. So whether he played as a second striker as you mentioned earlier is imaterial.

I don tire for you.

His role as a SS was not only to score goal but to add creativity and linkup the play in the final third which he failed to do. It was Welbeck that consistently did that. Even Chicharito did his part as opposed to Rooney.

We had to depend on our fullbacks, esp. Young putting in crosses and once he got injured or went off form in the main league matches, we were back to square 1 with 2 sluggish toads in Rvp and Rooney finalised by another useless one in Mata.

And Rooney was no best player on the pitch vs Pool, Sterling was. Rooney only got the man of the match because he scored 2 tap-ins, one got cancelled though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 1:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
Diademk07:

Lol!

At least he won't let Jones take corner kicks

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:51pm On Aug 19, 2016
Smh angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:53pm On Aug 19, 2016
bigkesh:

At least he won't let Jones take corner kicks

grin

He won't also let Blind takes Corner Kicks!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:54pm On Aug 19, 2016
Diademk07:

His role as a SS was not only to score goal but to add creativity and linkup the play in the final third which he failed to do. It was Welbeck that consistently did that. Even Chicharito did his part as opposed to Rooney.

We had to depend on our fullbacks, esp. Young putting in crosses and once he got injured or went off form in the main league matches, we were back to square 1 with 2 sluggish toads in Rvp and Rooney finalised by another useless one in Mata.

And Rooney was no best player on the pitch vs Pool, Sterling was. Rooney only got the man of the match because he scored 2 tap-ins, one got cancelled though.

How does Van Persie come into this preseason when he didn't even participate. Stop diversion.

Rooney was the most creative in the tournament. He won the best player mostly because of his creativity than his goals. Rooney was giving great passes from the deep, even releasing Mata, Welbeck, etc to go one vs one on several occasion. There were times we were held in our half in matches, odds were against us, and it was Rooney who brought inspiration with either scoring stunner from outside of the box or starting a great counter or pinging long rage passes which freed Mata, Valencia, Welbeck. He also had good understanding with Mata, Welbeck and Young in the final third.

Even his goal against Liverpool in the final which you want to rubbish is not an easy goal to score. His worst enemy, Coogar, wrote thus: Rooney doesn’t always score but scores great goals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 2:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
elampiro:

Ronaldo was not fit, he was coming back from injury, hence the coach fielded the fit players.

Our best time was when we played Rooney, Valencia, Mata and Young. The last 30 minutes, we always lost shape with those kids.

It was not hard to know Rooney was the best player in matches. May be I should even search for reports. But you will again say it is British papers. Even on this thread, people praised Rooney despite heavy criticism against him months before.

Madrid had Nacho in defence, Illara in midfield, Carvajal/Modric on the wing while Isco and Bale were the front 2 in their starting line-ups. Is that a strong team?

Apart from the goals, Rooney was abject. His job as the SS was rubbish. So was Mata who was the designated playmaker. Their duties were taken over by Welbeck and Young respectively in the games. Imagine a makeshift wingback, especially an inconsistent sick-note as Young being our best creative player?

It's no coincidence that the team eventually faltered in the league while depending on slow mofos like Rooney, Rvp and Mata.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 2:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
elampiro:

How does Van Persie come into this preseason when he didn't even participate. Stop diversion.

Rooney was the most creative in the tournament. He won the best player mostly because of his creativity than his goals. Rooney was giving great passes from the deep, even releasing Mata, Welbeck, etc to go one vs one on several occasion. There were times we were held in our half in matches, odds were against us, and it was Rooney who brought inspiration with either scoring stunner from outside of the box or starting a great counter or pinging long rage passes which freed Mata, Valencia, Welbeck. He also had good understanding with Mata, Welbeck and Young in the final third.

Even his goal against Liverpool in the final which you want to rubbish is not an easy goal to score. His worst enemy, Coogar, wrote thus: Rooney doesn’t always score but scores great goals.

There's no diversion here. My first post was how the slow toads of Rvp and Rooney made the 352 look rubbish only for you to come up with 'Rooney was our best player in the pre-season'

And I'll always talk about how the 2 sluggish mofos looked without our "reliable inform lovely playmaker'' (Young) in the league. Lol!

Why don't you tell us the chances Rooney created in the pre-season?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:26pm On Aug 19, 2016
Diademk07:

Madrid had Nacho in defence, Illara in midfield, Carvajal/Modric on the wing while Isco and Bale were the front 2 in their starting line-ups. Is that a strong team?

Apart from the goals, Rooney was abject. His job as the SS was rubbish. So was Mata who was the designated playmaker. Their duties were taken over by Welbeck and Young respectively in the games. Imagine a makeshift wingback, especially an inconsistent sick-note as Young being our best creative player?

It's no coincidence that the team eventually faltered in the league while depending on slow mofos like Rooney, Rvp and Mata.

Rooney’s beautiful back hill was the highlight to our first goal. So how do you mean only Welbeck and Young were doing the creative job. Even the second goal, Rooney's made an attempt to head Young's cross, but he missed narrowly and the ball went in straight. There was a question as to whether Rooney got a touch.

Welbeck was even substituted just before half time due to injury.

Young may have done better in the Madrid game, but Rooney was the overall best player considering his performance across all matches.

Lastly, we played our most attractive football when we played the diamond midfield with Rooney/Mata in the hole, and RVP with Rooney/Falcao in the striking positions. But when we lost to Leicester, Gaal felt we were over run in midfield then he removed Blind and Di Maria from midfield, instead of only Blind who was the weak DM. That was the start of our dull football under Gaal.

Lest I forget, that Madrid line up was very strong.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:37pm On Aug 19, 2016
Diademk07:

There's no diversion here. My first post was how the slow toads of Rvp and Rooney made the 352 look rubbish only for you to come up with 'Rooney was our best player in the pre-season'

And I'll always talk about how the 2 sluggish mofos looked without our "reliable inform lovely playmaker'' (Young) in the league. Lol!

Why don't you tell us the chances Rooney created in the pre-season?

3-5-2 (3-4-1-2)is rubbish.The formation that was going to work well was 4-3-1-2

Di Maria and Herrera in the sides of the diamond midfield. Mata or Rooney in the hole. RVP with Falcao/Rooney in attack. The only problem was Blind in the DM. We played attractive football with this formation. The problem is Gaal not sticking to a working formation. He only needed a strong body to replace Blind in the DM position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:00pm On Aug 19, 2016
elampiro:

Rooney’s beautiful back hill was the highlight to our first goal. So how do you mean only Welbeck and Young were doing the creative job. Even the second goal, Rooney's made an attempt to head Young's cross, but he missed narrowly and the ball went in straight. There was a question as to whether Rooney got a touch.

Welbeck was even substituted just before half time due to injury.

Young may have done better in the Madrid game, but Rooney was the overall best player considering his performance across all matches.

Lastly, we played our most attractive football when we played the diamond midfield with Rooney/Mata in the hole, and RVP with Rooney/Falcao in the striking positions. But when we lost to Leicester, Gaal felt we were over run in midfield then he removed Blind and Di Maria from midfield, instead of only Blind who was the weak DM. That was the start of our dull football under Gaal.

Lest I forget, that Madrid line up was very strong.

Cut it out already, Young was our most creative player in the pre-season. When Rooney was supposed to be the SS in the pre-season, he was acting as the forward while putting the bulk on Welbeck; but with another true forward player in Rvp in front of the sluggish Rooney in the league, everything went to chaos.

You know what? The thing with Rooney is he's a forward but an average one pretending to be no 10/SS. Forget all his stupid pass to the wing as a SS. He knows as a forward, he's no elite and that why he loves disguising as a 10/SS behind another forward to divert any attention from himself, only to burst through and surprise the opposition to score goals.

The only time he looked good as an no 9 was when he was making long ball to Valencia on the wing while running forward to get the subsequent crosses from Valencia.
And that's why he was never and will never be the main man in any of our title win.

As for the 442 tactic, we were up against poor teams in most of the matches. Also, Madrid 1st half team was no strong one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3173) (3174) (3175) (3176) (3177) (3178) (3179) ... (14220) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Jamiuokolla and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.