Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,759 members, 7,862,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:49 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8869489 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3174) (3175) (3176) (3177) (3178) (3179) (3180) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AikayDaWrapper(m): 3:05pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ander Herrera has revealed to MUTV that a conversation with new Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho led to his deeper position in central midfield, with both agreeing he could be an “important player” this season.

The 27-year-old Spaniard started last Sunday’s 3-1 win at Bournemouth as a combative deep-lying midfielder and earned plenty of his praise for his performance at the Vitality Stadium, with Reds legend Gary Neville even naming him his personal Man of the Match on Twitter. During an interview with MUTV ahead of Friday’s match with Southampton, Herrera was pleased with his display.

“I had to do a different role in the team and I think I can be important there for the manager,” Ander explained. “I have spoken with the manager and we are agreed with that, that I can be an important player for the team and that I can help the team in that position. I think I can win a lot of balls back for the team. My instinct is to try to win the ball back for the team as quickly as possible.

“I felt really, really good and not only with the ball, but also without it. The team was very compact, you can feel that always you are pressing the ball when you have two or three team-mates close to you, helping you, so I want to keep doing the same and helping the team."

Herrera also spoke about how much the team has already improved this season and outlined how Mourinho had instructed the players to beat Bournemouth by several goals so that United could sit at the top of the Premier League after the first round of fixtures last weekend.

“I feel that the level of the team has gone up,” he said. “I think we can get good things together, we can do something important this season, not only because we have won the last two games. I think if you can see our training sessions every day you feel something special, everyone is happy, we want to play as quickly as possible, we want to keep winning games, we want to be top of the table.

“I remember before the game against Bournemouth, the manager said if we score one goal we have to try to score the second goal because we want to be top of the table right now. So that’s a good mentality I think. But of course we have to keep our feet on the floor because the season is long.”

Looking forward, Herrera is relishing the prospect of playing alongside new signing Paul Pogba, a player he has a lot of admiration for. “I think he’s a top player, maybe one of the best five players in the world that we have with us so it’s very important. He can recover the ball, he can shoot on goal, he can dribble and he can defend so he has everything. We are so lucky because we have him.

"When you think about the best players in the world they are very good but maybe they are very good at specific things. But Paul is good at everything so we are going to enjoy him. As a midfielder I will feel very good if I have the chance to play with him."

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Aug/united-midfielder-Ander-Herrera-reveals-his-discussions-with-Jose-Mourinho-about-his-new-position.aspx
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:23pm On Aug 19, 2016
elampiro:

3-5-2 (3-4-1-2)is rubbish.The formation that was going to work well was 4-3-1-2

Di Maria and Herrera in the sides of the diamond midfield. Mata or Rooney in the hole. RVP with Falcao/Rooney in attack. The only problem was Blind in the DM. We played attractive football with this formation. The problem is Gaal not sticking to a working formation. He only needed a strong body to replace Blind in the DM position.

Lol at replacing Blind with a strong DM when he was the one that made us tick with his passing as soon as he was brought into the team.

He wasn't nimble enough, agile nor defensive aware to be as good as Carrick in the role but his passing and vision were good in that role and was the major reason we looked good going forward, not because of any 442 tactics coupled with the fact that most of the teams we faced were thrash. Teams like QPR and a Westham team with lot of shite players in it.

You still haven't told us the chances Rooney created in pre-season?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Khaytunechi: 3:25pm On Aug 19, 2016
J.Mourinho on Parker's comment on Rooney: "No
reaction. I am not paid to comment on the comments of people who are paid to comment."

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:31pm On Aug 19, 2016
Herrera winning the ball? he should have said fouling the opposition.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 3:32pm On Aug 19, 2016
Khaytunechi:
J.Mourinho on Parker's comment on Rooney: "No
reaction. I am not paid to comment on the comments of people who are paid to comment."

You have to give it to Jose. His clapbacks are always epic!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:34pm On Aug 19, 2016
Diademk07:

Cut it out already, Young was our creative player in the pre-season. When Rooney was supposed to be the SS in the pre-season, he was acting as the forward while putting the bulk on Welbeck; but with another true forward player in Rvp in front of the sluggish Rooney in the league, everything went into chaos.

You know what? The thing with Rooney is he's a forward but an average one pretending to be no 10/SS. Forget all his stupid pass to the wing as a SS. He knows as a forward, he's no elite and that why he loves disguising as a 10/SS behind another forward to divert any attention from himself, only to burst through and surprise the opposition to score goals.

The only time he looked good as an no 9 was when he was making long ball to Valencia on the wing while running forward to get the subsequent crosses from Valencia.
And that's why he was never and will never be the main man in any of our title win.

As for the 442 tactic, we were up against poor teams in most of the matches. Also, Madrid 1st half team wasn't a strong one.

You are very confused. Welbeck, Chicharito led the line against MK Dons with Kagawa playing behind them. What happened? grin grin grin

In our league matches against Burnley and Sunderland, Welbeck came on for RVP in both matches. How come nothing changed.

In terms of Rooney leading the line in 2009/2010, he was a co striker with Bervatov. We lost the league to a number of factors. Injury to Rooney in Munich which he never really recovered from till end of the season. The whole team was badly hit with injury too. SAF having to rest players against Chelsea in a crucial match and Drogba scored from a clear offside which decided the season.

Rooney is primariry number 10. That is where he has played most in his career and scored most of his goals like 2011/2012 when he played behind Chicharito and Welbeck. But he is not a number 10 like you want him to be. If he gains form this season, you will understand his kind of ten and how a number 10 can score plenty goals.

That Madrid match, there first half was there strongest line up based on fitness. Ronaldo only played the last 16 minutes and was giving the ball away.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:57pm On Aug 19, 2016
Diademk07:

Lol at replacing Blind with a strong DM when he was the one that made us tick with his passing as soon as he was brought into the team.

He is a liability in the primary function of a DM. He cant shield the defense. He is even limited in his passing. His right foot is non existence, so he is forced to pass mostly to his left, which is why he over laboured Di Maria and got him tired in matches.

Diademk07:

He wasn't nimble enough, agile nor defensive aware to be as good as Carrick in the role but his passing and vision were good in that role and was the major reason we looked good going forward, not because of any 442 tactics coupled with the fact that most of the teams we faced were thrash. Teams like QPR and a Westham team with lot of shite players in it.

Worst teams than West Ham had to take points from us when we changed formation, and we were less attactive. Carrick for Blind, problem would have been solved, or buy a good DM in January.

Diademk07:

You still haven't told us the chances Rooney created in pre-season?

When did you ask this question and do you expect me to have every detail in my head?

See this Assist from Rooney for Mata's goal against Roma. Remember, Rooney scored the other two goals in our 3-2 win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlF2-rEVIWQ

I remember I also told you his beautiful back hill pass towards the opening goal vs Madrid. I think it was beautiful exchange of pass between him and Fletcher then to Young for the goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
Diademk07:
Herrera winning the ball? he should have said fouling the opposition.

With intent on winning the ball...It is allowed!!! grin

Say something else... Mr see-no-good! !! tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
Spy360:

United have spent over £156millions on transfer already this season.

[size=16] Hope They Win The Champions League [/size]

wink wink
Arsenal has spent nothing this season. Germany also didn't need to buy any player to win the world cup.

[size=16] I Hope Arsenal Wins The World Cup Just Like Germany [/size]

smiley wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
elampiro:

You are very confused. Welbeck, Chicharito led the line against MK Dons with Kagawa playing behind them. What happened? grin grin grin

In our league matches against Burnley and Sunderland, Welbeck came on for RVP in both matches. How come nothing changed.

In terms of Rooney leading the line in 2009/2010, he was a co striker with Bervatov. We lost the league to a number of factors. Injury to Rooney in Munich which he never really recovered from till end of the season. The whole team was badly hit with injury too. SAF having to rest players against Chelsea in a crucial match and Drogba scored from a clear offside which decided the season.

Rooney is primariry number 10. That is where he has played most in his career and scored most of his goals like 2011/2012 when he played behind Chicharito and Welbeck. But he is not a number 10 like you want him to be. If he gains form this season, you will understand his kind of ten and how a number 10 can score plenty goals.

That Madrid match, there first half was there strongest line up based on fitness. Ronaldo only played the last 16 minutes and was giving the ball away.

Look at our midfield and defence against Mkdons before mentioning the likes of Chicharito, Kagawa played Mkdons.

We had Micheal Keane (our worst player in the pre-season), Reece, half fit Evans, Vermijil in defence, a midfield combo of unfit Ando and Kagawa. Our wings had one Janko and Powell on it while Welbeck and Chicharito led the line. For crying out loud, they are not magicians.

We had nobody to create on the wing nor in the middle while our defence was also rubbish yet I recall Kagawa being our best player with his often forced playmaking through the middle until he got injured and everything fell apart as soon as he left..

As for Rooney, his best form was when he was leading the line to play long ball to Valencia while running forward to nod in the subsequent ball before he got injured. Fergie was constantly alternating between 442 or 433/451 setup and he predominantly used the latter setup in the CL and in big games. Rooney hardly created enough chances for Berbatov who was quite sluggish though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:13pm On Aug 19, 2016
Spy360:

United vs Grasshoppers would be EPIC

[size=16] Super Club [/size]
Arsenal getting raped against Barca would be boring to watch. Shit happens every year they keep disgracing England continuously cry cry. Wenger would be hoping for a Grasshopper this time around smiley wink

[size=16] Super Club Indeed [/size]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
Diademk07:
Lol at Mourinho picking Mata because he drift inside. Mikhi isn't capable of doing same, right?

Almost all his speeches are getting boring already.
Your lamentations all over this thread are getting boring already

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:22pm On Aug 19, 2016
Diademk07:

Look at our midfield and defence against Mkdons before mentioning the likes of Chicharito, Kagawa played Mkdons.

We had Micheal Keane (our worst player in the pre-season), Reece, half fit Evans, Vermijil in defence, a midfield combo of unfit Ando and Kagawa. Our wings had one Janko and Powell on it while Welbeck and Chicharito led the line. For crying out loud, they are not magicians.

We had nobody to create on the wing nor in the middle while our defence was also rubbish yet I recall Kagawa being our best player with his often forced playmaking through the middle until he got injured and everything fell apart as soon as he left..

As for Rooney, his best form was when he was leading the line to play long ball to Valencia while running forward to nod in the subsequent ball before he got injured. Fergie was constantly alternating between 442 or 433/451 setup and he predominantly used the latter setup in the CL and in big games. Rooney hardly created enough chances for Berbatov who was quite sluggish though.

See your shameful excuse for Welbeck, Chicharito and Kagawa against unknown MK Dons. A team not up to Okomu Oil.

Rooney's best scoring form came in two seasons. 2009/2010 when we played predominantly 4-4-2 and he paired with Bervatov. But we played a different formation in the UCL, mostly 4-3-3. Then his second scoring form was in 2011/2012 when we played 4-2-3-1 mostly with Rooney in the number 10 position. The number of matches we played 4-5-1 should not be up to five, and this was when we used Giggs, Park, Scholes, Carrick to control the midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:31pm On Aug 19, 2016
elampiro:

He is a liability in the primary function of a DM. He cant shield the defense. He is even limited in his passing. His right foot is non existence, so he is forced to pass mostly to his left, which is why he over laboured Di Maria and got him tired in matches.

Limited passes you say? You know why many people constantly overlooked Blind defensive errors to praise him in his first few matches for us? His visionary passes! His passes was quite good and you call it limited?

elampiro:

Worst teams than West Ham had to take points from us when we changed formation, and we were less attactive. Carrick for Blind, problem would have been solved, or buy a good DM in January.

Why don't you check the Westham team that played us in the previous game? While I don't think Noble or Nolan are great players, they are respectable midfielders in the league and both were missing in the previous game. There was even Kouyate, the brute who was missing in the previous game as well.

elampiro:

When did you ask this question and do you expect me to have every detail in my head?

See this Assist from Rooney for Mata's goal against Roma. Remember, Rooney scored the other two goals in our 3-2 win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlF2-rEVIWQ

I remember I also told you his beautiful back hill pass towards the opening goal vs Madrid. I think it was beautiful exchange of pass between him and Fletcher then to Young for the goal.

You know I stated that it was only the Roma game he looked good but apart from this, which other games he created chances in the game. I'll make it easy by not asking about him assisting a goal but creating a good chance for his fellow forward, even if the chances were missed.

And stop mentioning any backheel here, that was no chance but him linking up play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:44pm On Aug 19, 2016
elampiro:

See your shameful excuse for Welbeck, Chicharito and Kagawa against unknown MK Dons. A team not up to Okomu Oil.

Rooney's best scoring form came in two seasons. 2009/2010 when we played predominantly 4-4-2 and he paired with Bervatov. But we played a different formation in the UCL, mostly 4-3-3. Then his second scoring form was in 2011/2012 when we played 4-2-3-1 mostly with Rooney in the number 10 position. The number of matches we played 4-5-1 should not be up to five, and this was when we used Giggs, Park, Scholes, Carrick to control the midfield.

Which excuse? You mean playing with about 7 shite players consisting of inexperienced shite kids in the team is an excuse? That's a real fact on the table.

More so, Kagawa already left the pitch before Alli started dominating us and he was our best player despite playing in a 2-man midfield before he got injured. It was after he left, Mkdons started scoring their goals.

Whatever you say, the fact is Rooney hardly scores nor create chance while pretending to be a no 10. All he does is to play long ball to Valencia while ghosting in to score from the subsequent cross. He's basically a fraud! Better still, a forward but an average one.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:56pm On Aug 19, 2016
Diademk07:

Limited passes you say? You know why many people constantly overlooked Blind defensive errors to praise him in his first few matches for us? His visionary passes! His passes was quite good and you call it limited?

Why don't you check the Westham team that played us in the previous game? While I don't think Noble or Nolan are great players, they are respectable midfielders in the league and both were missing in the previous game. There was even Kouyate, the brute who was missing in the previous game as well.

You know I stated that it was only the Roma game he looked good but apart from this, which other games he created chances in the game. I'll make it easy by not asking about him assisting a goal but creating a good chance for his fellow forward, even if the chances were missed.

And stop mentioning any backheel here, that was no chance but him linking up play.

1. Blind is limited in passing compared to Carrick who uses both legs. This is why it is hard for Blind to switch the direction of play.

2. Excuse, Excuse, Excuse.

3. You didn't even know Rooney had an Assist against Roma. I provided it, now you ask for more. How do I remember the chances he created in pre-season games.

I remember I told you he was involved in our first goal against Madrid. Jones the centre back in there man defence passed to Valencia, Valencia to Fletcher who find Rooney who ran into attacking space. Rooney back hill intelligently to Fletcher.... It was a tikitaka move.

Rooney also scored in the final. He was voted best player of the tournament.

I don't get you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 5:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
Na Wa oo.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:02pm On Aug 19, 2016
Diademk07:

Which excuse? You mean playing with about 7 shite players consisting of inexperienced shite kids in the team is an excuse? That's a real fact on the table.

More so, Kagawa already left the pitch before Alli started dominating us and he was our best player despite playing in a 2-man midfield before he got injured. It was after he left, Mkdons started scoring their goals.

Whatever you say, the fact is Rooney hardly scores nor create chance while pretending to be a no 10. All he does is to play long ball to Valencia while ghosting in to score from the subsequent cross. He's basically a fraud! Better still, a forward but an average one.

Fake excuse. Find another. In the past we played weaker eleven against teams in Carling cup and FA cup and we were never disgraced. Even Moyes played Academy players and still won.

Secondly, Rooney score more from number than number 9. That is his stats. Even when he played behind RVP and Falcao he appeared going to outscore both of them combined until Gaal changed the formation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:05pm On Aug 19, 2016
Can any babe save us from Elampiro-Diademk arguments the way that babe helped us get ride of Elampiro-Coogar arguments?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 5:13pm On Aug 19, 2016
afrodoc2:

Can any babe save us from Elampiro-Diademk arguments the way that babe helped us get ride of Elampiro-Coogar arguments?

Hahahha. ... Elampiro don marry na!!! grin

Kagawa na spam bot! !!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 5:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
elampiro:

1. Blind is limited in passing compared to Carrick who uses both legs. This is why it is hard for Blind to switch the direction of play.

2. Excuse, Excuse, Excuse.

3. You didn't even know Rooney had an Assist against Roma. I provided it, now you ask for more. How do I remember the chances he created in pre-season games.

I remember I told you he was involved in our first goal against Madrid. Jones the centre back in there man defence passed to Valencia, Valencia to Fletcher who find Rooney who ran into attacking space. Rooney back hill intelligently to Fletcher.... It was a tikitaka move.

Rooney also scored in the final. He was voted best player of the tournament.

I don't get you.

Blind passes are no limited. Don't let anyone hear that from you. His only problem is his lack of awareness and agility as a CDM.

And I don't know what excuse you keep talking about? Almost everyone knows Nolan and Noble were the main Westham..

I really don't know what back heel you keep talking about. As if it was the backheel that carved out Young chance. Fletcher was the one who started the move by playing 1-2 with Rooney and then passed to Welbeck who provided the pass for Young goal.

BTW, I quite recall Rooney performance vs Roma team which were missing the likes of Pjanic, Totti, De Rossi, Naiagollan, strootman in the 1st half.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:27pm On Aug 19, 2016
It's still Elampiro and Diademk07 till now?
Let me rush out of the thread!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 5:38pm On Aug 19, 2016
elampiro:

Fake excuse. Find another. In the past we played weaker eleven against teams in Carling cup and FA cup and we were never disgraced. Even Moyes played Academy players and still won.

Secondly, Rooney score more from number than number 9. That is his stats. Even when he played behind RVP and Falcao he appeared going to outscore both of them combined until Gaal changed the formation.

The reality is, Rooney is a forward. He's only using another forward as a decoy to shield the opponent from himself.

He may occasionally create chances through the middle but his game plan constitutes playing a long ball to Valencia and running forward to score from the subsequent cross or to tap in a simple pass to his fellow forward after Valencia crossed the ball.

I don't get the excuse you're saying. Even Fergie hardly played kids in every area of the team, let alone shite kids.

We had unfit average Ando and unfit Evans, shite young players in Powell and then our worst player in the pre-season in Michael keane combined with inexperienced fellows such as Vermijl, Janko and Reece to complete the shite line-ups and you're comparing them with a fit Mkdon team that already had huge experience in the championship.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 5:39pm On Aug 19, 2016
abeg make una stop dis una yeye argument.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:49pm On Aug 19, 2016
bigkesh:

At least he won't let Jones take corner kicks
it was around this period I started doubting LvG's sanity.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 5:50pm On Aug 19, 2016
Any update on the line up for today?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:53pm On Aug 19, 2016
SailorXY:

I gave up completely on LVG when i saw Young playing CF and Martial on the wing..........too smart for his own good with his useless philosophy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 5:54pm On Aug 19, 2016
Once Elampiro hear Rooney, only his mama fit beg am to stop. grin
Once Diademk07 hear LVG, only Coogar-esque saga fit stop am o. cheesy

Chai, how many pages more will be wasted by these two gladiators who only argue history?
Time shall reveal! grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:58pm On Aug 19, 2016
afrodoc2:

I gave up completely on LVG when i saw Young playing CF and Martial on the wing..........too smart for his own good with his useless philosophy.
am hoping this will happen to pep too.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:59pm On Aug 19, 2016
afrodoc2:

lol. @ that stage nothing came to me as a surprise any longer.

He ultimately proved to be only marginally better than Moyes!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 6:31pm On Aug 19, 2016
SailorXY:
That day at white hart lane,I remember him playing Young as a 9 and put Martial on the wing then used Lingaard as a 10 with Mata on the right flank.......

It was then I realised that GK sub at the World cup was because he was actually sick
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 21Savagw: 6:38pm On Aug 19, 2016
Positioning-0
Strength-0
Agility-0
Acceleration-0
Pace-0
Tackling-0

WTF is Herrera doing sitting deep as a Ball winner...MOANINGHOE you want to ruin my club?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3174) (3175) (3176) (3177) (3178) (3179) (3180) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: engrelvis(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.