Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8726363 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3384) (3385) (3386) (3387) (3388) (3389) (3390) ... (14147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 1:19pm On Oct 03, 2016
elampiro:

We now play like the way Liverpool used to play. Lots of fluidity, mixture of great results with disappointments and ending up a mid table team. Lol

We still played with lot of fluidity enroute to winning FA cup last season with Carrick and Rooney in midfield even with lazy Fellaini in front of them.

Herrera is doing a good job though, I must commend our defence line that has learnt to play very high which makes us to press better. Yesterday they were virtually at the half line almost throughout the game.
as per your first paragraph > so you see the future as well, tell me then who wins the league in the end.

The bulk of Louis' tenure was tepid, insipid, you name it; left a sour taste in my mouth endlessly. There were spurts of brilliance hiaanddia but on the whole largely uninspiring! In-stadia fans' continuous chant of "attack" instead of "glory glory" sums his time up perfectly. In addition, his rapid bonanza sale of talents was too hard to swallow. Nani for £4m? How did this really aid his employer's coffers while the rest almost off for free and gargantuan losses. Sincerely he's very lucky to get any severance package from Edward Woodward.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 03, 2016
edoyad:

Yes he can and did that so well at Juve. Unfortunately, instead of moving to Madrid or even City, he was carried away by some crazy nostalgic emotions and now he has ended up in one of great European failures of the last few years. What a pity
Oh boiii
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Claroo(m): 1:23pm On Oct 03, 2016
Oasis007:
Aston Villa sacked Di Matteo earlier Today.....Swansea City follows - simply by replacing their Manager (Francesco Guidolin) with former USA Boss, Bob Bradley!

Who is next?!

David Moyes cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:29pm On Oct 03, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I already told you we dey talk two different things
You're talking of gameplay.
Am talking about winning multiple EPL trophies consecutively like the old days.
Lol. People ehn smh. Always looking for fight where there is none instead of reason. You conveniently left out "playing like old days" in your comment. Good luck with your "winning multiple trophy like old days".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:39pm On Oct 03, 2016
eph12:

Are you trolling or trying to have intellectual discuss as football fans?

Are you for real?... I should be asking you if you were joking or merely catching trips, by comparing Dele Alli and Pogba.

Does that comparison even make an iota of sense to you?

When it's obvious the 2 players are not on the same level.

E get some things wey dem no dey argue about.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:41pm On Oct 03, 2016
eph12:

Lol. People ehn smh. Always looking for fight where there is none instead of reason. Good luck with your "winning multiple trophy like old days"
Dude what is your problem ?
If you read my original comment you won't misinterpret me.i still told you we're not talking about the samething but you no gree.
Have been courteous,whatever slight you feel is not from me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 1:43pm On Oct 03, 2016
SIRcumalot:

If you read my original comment you won't misinterpret me.i still told you we're not talking about the samething but you no gree.
cheesy
In other words... make he tread sofly!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
eph12:

Why did no other club fight for Pogba? By the way RM has Kroos Caisemero Modric James why would they want to buy Alli?They're are like the only other team apart from United that can pay stupid money for players.

I was looking at the stats from last season comparing Pogba with Dele and I don't see much difference considering the difference in quality of team mates and league.Maybe you also think Pogba is worth that fee after all

simple,because Alli isn't close to an upgrade or better than anyone in their squad!!!

You will agree with me that we weren't the first club to be linked with Pogba before he signed for us.
Chelsea,Barcelona, Real were once linked to having his signature,so I don't know what you grasping at bro!

lastly,I don't run a football Agency, I have no solid idea on how players market value are aggregated,but if you do,then you can as well enlighten me.
Thanks!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2016
SIRcumalot:

No vex o. No go change am for me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:57pm On Oct 03, 2016
weedtaker:
you should be the one at the receiving end of dis ur question, de argument you're trying to make is rapidly branding ur moniker a joke among footie fans here.

Ayam surprised too!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:01pm On Oct 03, 2016
elrony:

[/b]
At the bolded; simple,because Alli isn't close to an upgrade or better than anyone in their squad!!!

You will agree with me that we weren't the first club to be linked with Pogba before he signed for us.
Chelsea,Barcelona, Real were once linked to having his signature,so I don't know what you grasping at bro!
lastly,I don't run a football Agency, I have no solid idea on how players market value are aggregated!
Bros I think I watched him like twice play for Juve. He was impressive. I watched him very well at the euros. He was just there, nothing out of the ordinary. At united he was trying to be what he is not because of probably the media but overall he has been ok. For someone that needs another player to do all the hard work and dictate play for him he shouldn't have cost us that much. If the money was spent on someone that can dictate play it would have been money well spent. I am very sure Pogba will come good for us but then we will have to spend huge sums again to get someone that can actually dictate play so Pogba can do what Pogba knows how to do best(which I am actually confused on what exactly it is right now). This is the sad reality unless the Jose is able to do some magic.

Not talking about this issue again. Thanks.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:02pm On Oct 03, 2016
adebayo201:

cheesy
In other words... make he tread sofly!
I don hold my side cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KINGOFJAPAN: 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
SlaughterGang:
Fvck assnal...Stupid_ ass cheating pricks...The Ref saw that clearly.
Cry a river tongue tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:18pm On Oct 03, 2016
ChristineC:
as per your first paragraph > so you see the future as well, tell me then who wins the league in the end.

The bulk of Louis' tenure was tepid, insipid, you name it; left a sour taste in my mouth endlessly. There were spurts of brilliance hiaanddia but on the whole largely uninspiring! In-stadia fans' continuous chant of "attack" instead of "glory glory" sums his time up perfectly. In addition, his rapid bonanza sale of talents was too hard to swallow. Nani for £4m? How did this really aid his employer's coffers while the rest almost off for free and gargantuan losses. Sincerely he's very lucky to get any severance package from Edward Woodward.

Does your first paragraph suggests Liverpool will win the league? Are we going to wait till eternity like Liverpool to win the league again?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 2:20pm On Oct 03, 2016
parrotibaba:
so you don finally gree say he wasn't an attacking midfielder in Juventus until his final year at Juve. He wasn't a luxury player at Juventus, he was pivotal to success of that Juventus team, I no know if you get personal problem with Pogba or not but don't come here and bullshit him.

I repeat - Pogba excelled in a three man midfield where his attacking qualities were optimized fully - the French man thrives best in a Midfield system where he won't be saddled with excessive tactical/positional discipline expected from central midfielders as evidenced by his atypical showboating and penchant for shooting from long range (even when it isnt neccesarily the best option)...hence the "luxury player" tag.

If you aren't comfy with the with the honest assessment of your favorite player, too bad!

parrotibaba:

The agent is responsible for negotiating the salaries of players as their own share de always dey the money. You think Pogba will just ask for €300,000 per week by himself?. The club will present the contract and the available fees involved then the agent negotiates the contract. Why do you think that some players are making less than other players despite being in a club longer than the other players and possibly playing better?

Clubs offer more money to tempt players to come and in our situation, we had no champions league football so we had to stump up mega bucks to bring Pogba to the club. The agent will now negotiate the contract with the club and then they will reach an agreement with both the player and the agent before a contract is signed.

Nobody said that players negotiates transfers directly with clubs. The agent is the intermediary between club and player - Nobody is disputing that.

Salary negotiation is influenced by so many factors - the perceived quality of the player in question, the financial strength of the club in need of his services, the earnings of other players etc...

Before and during negotiations, an agent is expected to consult with his client with respect to the proposed contractual terms (or demands as the case may be).

Having said that, the decision to accept and reject a contract proposal entirely rests in the hands of the player - in a nutshell, there has to be some form of agreement between the player and the agent and i dont need to state whose opinions would matter most..afterall players hire agents & not the other way round...

Ps : we are not talking about unfortunate situations like "please help me get to Europe" - that's a different kettle of fish entirely!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2016
Diademk07:

Rvp is no match winner? Don't say that again!

Without him, the last title wouldn't have happened. Unfortunately, he was already at the end of his peak and injuries didn't help too.

That is a lie. The previous season, in terms of results we did better than when RVP was around. With Rooney, Chicharito and Welbeck, we finished with 89 points and a very high goals difference.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:23pm On Oct 03, 2016
parrotibaba:
When did pirlo start influencing games? Is not when ancelotti decided to play him as a deep lying playmaker in Milan.

Pirlo has influenced games as far back as I knew him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:24pm On Oct 03, 2016
parrotibaba:
he's definitely not that type of midfielder.

Do you mean he is not like Yaya Toure?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 2:27pm On Oct 03, 2016
elampiro:

Pirlo has influenced games as far back as I knew him.
As far back as you knew him when? As far back as you knew him can be 2012 or 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2016
eph12:

Bros I think I watched him like twice play for Juve. He was impressive. I watched him very well at the euros. He was just there, nothing out of the ordinary. At united he was trying to be what he is not because of probably the media but overall he has been ok. For someone that needs another player to do all the hard work and dictate play for him he shouldn't have cost us that much. If the money was spent on someone that can dictate play it would have been money well spent. I am very sure Pogba will come good for us but then we will have to spend huge sums again to get someone that can actually dictate play so Pogba can do what Pogba knows how to do best(which I am actually confused on what exactly it is right now). This is the sad reality unless the Jose is able to do some magic.

Not talking about this issue again. Thanks.
We are all expecting more from him and the team in general.
No worries cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SlaughterGang: 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
KINGOFJAPAN:
Cry a river tongue tongue

Go and sleep.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by gwng: 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 2:39pm On Oct 03, 2016
eph12:

No vex o. No go change am for me
Am not a fighter that isn't my style.
if I were to be talking about our gameplay you go know am.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 2:49pm On Oct 03, 2016
all dis epistles no de bother me, all i know be say come may-2017 na we get EPL.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 2:52pm On Oct 03, 2016
AdisaOwala:

I repeat - Pogba excelled in a three man midfield where his attacking qualities were optimized fully - the French man thrives best in a Midfield system where he won't be saddled with excessive tactical/positional discipline expected from central midfielders as evidenced by his atypical showboating and penchant for shooting from long range (even when it isnt neccesarily the best option)...hence the "luxury player" tag.

If you aren't comfy with the with the honest assessment of your favorite player, too bad!]
I don't think you get the term "luxury player" well enough. Luxury players are players that don't help the team when needed, instead they believe that their talents are enough to keep them in the team. James Rodriguez is seen as a luxury player because he hardly helps his team when defending even when required to, he's not tactically disciplined and is often dragged out of position because of his I don't care attitude. The same can't be said of Pogba, who throughout the years have shown the whole world that he can help the team defend and build attacks from the midfield, even score a couple of goals. He has always played wherever his coach wants him to play without complaints, he shows the zeal and desire to play football and is always trying to push the team forward at any given time. You can't honestly come here and tag Pogba a luxury player simply because you are angry that we spent £89m on him, because I can see that you are fixated on his transfer fee and salary. Paul pogba is now a manutd player whether you accept it or not, my defense of him has nothing to do with him being my favorite player.

Nobody said that the player negotiates transfers directly with clubs. The agent is the intermediary between club and player - Nobody is disputing that.

Salary negotiation is influenced by so many factors - the perceived quality of the player in question, the financial strength of the club in need of his services, the earnings of other players etc...

Before and during negotiations, an agent is expected to consult with his client with respect to the proposed contractual terms (or demands as the case may be).

Having said that, the decision to accept and reject a contract proposal entirely rests in the hands of the player - in a nutshell, there has to be some form of agreement between the player and the agent and i dont need to state whose opinions would matter most..afterall players hire agents & not the other way round...

Ps : we are not talking about unfortunate situations like "please help me get to Europe" - that's a different kettle of fish entirely!

but you made us believe that Pogba asked for €300,000 and the club handed it over to him just like that. The agent is responsible for talking to the club and negotiating, of course the player will have a say in the matter but it ultimately rests on the bargaining powers of the agent.

In Pogba's situation, it was a cry for help which usually involves a lot of mulla.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:52pm On Oct 03, 2016
elrony:

We are all expecting more from him and the team in general.
No worries cool
Gbam! smiley

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 4:07pm On Oct 03, 2016
parrotibaba:
First of all, you told us here that Pogba was an attacking midfielder throughout his stay in Juventus so this one wey you dey talk now is accepting that you made a mistake, don't make it like you were saying it all along.

Bros - I have stated my point on three different occassions.

At this point, whatever understanding you deem fit is really not my concern..

parrotibaba:

Secondly I don't think you get the term "luxury player" well enough. Luxury players are players that don't help the team when needed, instead they believe that their talents are enough to keep them in the team. James Rodriguez is seen as a luxury player because he hardly helps his team when defending even when required to, he's not tactically disciplined and is often dragged out of position because of his I don't care attitude. The same can't be said of Pogba, who throughout the years have shown the whole world that he can help the team defend and build attacks from the midfield, even score a couple of goals. He has always played wherever his coach wants him to play without complaints, he shows the zeal and desire to play football and is always trying to push the team forward at any given time. You can't honestly come here and tag Pogba a luxury player simply because you are angry that we spent £89m on him, because I can see that you are fixated on his transfer fee and salary. Paul pogba is now a manutd player whether you accept it or not, my defense of him has nothing to do with him being my favorite player.

I used tactical/positional indiscipline & penchant for showmanship/affinity for stardom as a basis for classification.

I also outlined the fact that such a player might struggle in a 2-man midfield as against a midfield triumvirate where his attacking qualities (which are obviously his most potent assets) have been fully optimized, yet you decided to compare him to a roaming holeman who isnt expected to have any defensive/positional duties & obligations..

The way you see your lord Pogba as the Messiah to our midfield problems is the same way some of us here arent convinced about our white elephant project - each person to his own.

The fact that some peeps here (even protagonists of Pogba ) are already of the opinion that more money has to be spent on that midfield to get the best outta Mr dabman speaks volumes..

parrotibaba:

but you made us believe that Pogba asked for €300,000 and the club handed it over to him just like that.

If this is your own understanding of this quote...

AdisaOwala:

So the agent negotiates the salary for himself & the player accepts whatever figures offered for his services abi?

Then It's rather unfortunate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

parrotibaba:

The agent is responsible for talking to the club and negotiating, of course the player will have a say in the matter but it ultimately rests on the bargaining powers of the agent.

I reiterate - an agent cannot negotiate anything without the full blessings of the player. If the player is at odds with the contractual terms the agent has in mind, he has every right to decline and even fire him if need be.

It is the responsibility of the player's agent (who is on his payrole) to get deals that would please his employer (the player in this case) and keep his job.

I still cannot believe this attempt of yours for your Pogba not to justify his wages..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:50pm On Oct 03, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2016
elampiro:

That is a lie. The previous season, in terms of results we did better than when RVP was around. With Rooney, Chicharito and Welbeck, we finished with 89 points and a very high goals difference.

Lol! I will repeat that without RVp, the title wouldn't happened! He was our best player and made it into the epl best 11 while your Rooney was no where to be found or was fighting everyone because he got benched!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 4:57pm On Oct 03, 2016
Diademk07:

Lol! I will repeat that without RVp, the title wouldn't happened! He was our best player and made it into the epl best 11 while your Rooney was no where to be found or was fighting everyone because he got benched!

Elampiro had this argument with some of us (before you came here) & him no gree...

It's no use trying to convince him otherwise...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2016
AdisaOwala:

Bros - I have stated my point on three different occassions.

At this point, whatever understanding you deem fit is really not my concern..

This is you telling the world that Pogba was an attacking midfielder in Juventus whereas with the exception of his last season, he was a box to box, this I made clear to you before you started singing the midfield three anthem...

1. Bros - At Juve, Pogba was an attacking Midfielder who was licenced to Roam - his constant showboating & ability to score Spectacular goals are the major factors that contributed to his hype..not his Midfield qualities.

I used tactical/positional indiscipline & penchant for showmanship/affinity for stardom as a basis for classification.

I also outlined the fact that such a player might struggle in a 2-man midfield as against a midfield triumvirate where his attacking qualities (which are obviously his most potent assets) have been fully optimized, yet you decided to compare him to a roaming holeman who has got no defensive/positional duties..

The way you see your lord Pogba as the Messiah to our midfield problems is the same way some of us here arent convinced about our white elephant project - each person to his own.

The fact that some peeps here (even protagonists of Pogba ) are already of the opinion that more money has to be spent on that midfield to get the best outta Mr dabman speaks volumes..

You can't use tactical and positional indiscipline as the basis for terming Pogba a luxury player when he doesn't lack any of those. He has played in various positions throughout his career and has followed the instructions of coaches to the later so I can't for the life of me get the "he's a luxury player" angle of your argument since you have incorrectly used the term in this situation. Clearly with the bolded, you have a personal problem with the player, whatever that is, I have no fricking clue.

If this is your own understanding of this quote...

Then It's rather unfortunate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the contrary, I made a reference to your original post about his salary...

2. As regards his transfer fee, it's easy for you to shift the blame away from the lad But you conveniently left out the fact that he is one of the highest paid Footballers in the world today - abi that one na Juve Fault too?

In which I answered you with the "what does the salary have to do with the player?" which I ended with the agent and the club negotiates the players contract that brought about the last piece of our argument. I will get to that soon. Now @ the bold, especially towards the end, you made it seem like Pogba asked for his huge salary and if not given, he won't have come. Since according to you, I have deflected the huge transfer price on his head, what about his salary then? Abi na Juventus still increase his salary, this you said. And this brought up the agent negotiations.

I reiterate - an agent cannot negotiate anything without the full blessings of the player. If the player is at odds with the contractual terms the agent has in mind, he has every right to decline and even fire him if need be.

It is the responsibility of the player's agent (who is on his payrole) to get deals that would please his employer (the player in this case) and keep his job.

I still cannot believe this attempt of yours for your Pogba not to justify his wages..

Nobody is talking about player/agent relationship here, the player cannot negotiate his salary with the club rather the agent is responsible for that, this I have been saying since the onset of this argument. The player of course will have a say in the matter but the contract negotiations are ultimately done by the club and the agent. EOD!.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:28pm On Oct 03, 2016
Diademk07:

Without RVP we would have won the title much easier. Rooney, Welbeck and Chicharito gave us 89 points the previous season and superior goals difference. Welbeck and Chicharito were a year wiser in 2012/2013 and we could have finished the job much easier even with over 90 points, and particularly as City took legs off the gas in the second half of the season having to contend with in fighting between Macini and Baloteli, etc.

RVP actually came to change the pattern of our attacking play which is what we suffer today. From counter attacking style with everyone running like bees towards opposition box, we had an hyena who sat in the box. RVP and Kagawa were a mistake, and we suffered such players as Nani, Anderson, Rooney, Welbeck, Young , Valencia in the process because they were not used to such process of playing technically towards a target man in the box.

Rooney never sat on the bench in league matches that season. He only sat on the bench against Madrid, after which he was back. The other matches he missed after we already rounded up the league, he took permission to attend to family problems. Just two matches in May.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3384) (3385) (3386) (3387) (3388) (3389) (3390) ... (14147) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.