Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,981 members, 7,863,493 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:52 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3657) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8872838 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3654) (3655) (3656) (3657) (3658) (3659) (3660) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:48pm On Dec 26, 2016
chrisley024:
His overall contribution is very though. My main problem with him is his carefree attitude.
Agreed.

And taking into account Zlatan's lack of pace, and considering he plays with his back to goal most times, we need decent pacy wingers who also ve sense and can also share in the goal scoring burdens on our flanks. This Mata on the right and Lingard on the left no fit work.

Mkhi should be starting. And if Martial no gree pick form, we should enter the market come January.

Btw, where was Rooney
Na true sef. I dint even notice his absence. That only proves we dont need him anymore
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baldg: 6:50pm On Dec 26, 2016
from what I see, magic Mhki would hit double figures in goals.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 7:05pm On Dec 26, 2016
I swear the fact that we didn't keep a clean sheet really annoys me.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by forap(m): 7:05pm On Dec 26, 2016
When the goal of the season is an offside goal.

I see Mou molding Pogba into a new Lampard with flair.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 7:08pm On Dec 26, 2016
Lana1:
Agreed.

And taking into account Zlatan's lack of pace, and considering he plays with his back to goal most times, we need decent pacy wingers who also ve sense and can also share in the goal scoring burdens on our flanks. This Mata on the right and Lingard on the left no fit work.

Mkhi should be starting. And if Martial no gree pick form, we should enter the market come January.

Na true sef. I dint even notice his absence. That only proves we dont need him anymore
Mkhi is a sure starter brother and Martial did well as a sub today Rooney is injured, nigga slipped on some trash.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 7:18pm On Dec 26, 2016
Lana1:
As long as Shaw and Blind still breathe oxygen whether they are fit or not, Darmian must never near that LB again. The difference today was clear

I saw MOU Talking discussing with Darmian at some point and I felt he was saying to him 'se u dey learn'
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 7:25pm On Dec 26, 2016
Baldg:
from what I see, magic Mhki would hit double figures in goals.
that's scorpion kick!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 7:25pm On Dec 26, 2016
forap:

Better change your specs like Shaggy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:32pm On Dec 26, 2016
Bravo and comedy show sha grin

Wish it went in
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:45pm On Dec 26, 2016
"I liked the second half. I didn't like the first half. It was 1-0 at half-time and I think there was a clear penalty in our favour [when Lamine Kone flattened Juan Mata inside the box].

"In spite of that, I don't think we deserved to be winning 1-0. They were organised well, this team came here to close and try to be dangerous on the counter-attack, with the long ball to [Victor] Anichebe to hold, and they did well.

"I did like the second half, we brought to the game the way we have been playing in the past couple of months, playing really well with intensity, creativity and we were dynamic. I like the second half very much as we could have scored five or six. It's three points, 12 points from four matches. We've played well for a long time but points are what we need now.

My message was that the game was going in the direction where we were in control but it was apathetic control. You never know.

"We needed to accelerate the game, press higher, play faster and short passes with more speed of the ball. We needed to bring the game to a different level and we did that from minute one [of the second half]. With Micki [Henrikh Mkhitaryan] and [Anthony] Martial, we intensified even more the game and we scored the second and third.

"He [Mkhtaryan] has scored beautiful goals all his career. In this moment, [there are the] goals but also the defensive work and also creativity. And I'm so happy he came back after this injury and came back with his happiness and the feeling that the people at Old Trafford love him. That's a very important thing for him.

"He [Ibrahimovic] should score more! He had a [chance for] 2-0 in front of [Jordan] Pickford that I thought: '2-0 and game over and no'. But, independent of the goals, his work is amazing. I saw him making runs against Kone and Papy Djilobodji, young guys, but he was faster and stronger than them. Great.

"It's a difficult one. Middlesbrough need points as they lost today against Burnley. Aitor Karanka will come here obviously to try and he is a big friend of mine. You forget friends in football and he will come here to try to get something from that match. It's one more difficult match."

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:45pm On Dec 26, 2016
UniqueGem:
True but Lingard is still not good enough. Evidence was everywhere immediately Mkhitaryan started touching the ball. Jese still has so much to learn, There won't be a better teacher for him than Mkhi.
no doubt Micki is better.
I would like to see what a lineup involving the two of them with pogba go be like.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:50pm On Dec 26, 2016
but why was Mata not awarded a pk? no really.. this thing don pass play play oo.

@chrisley024 i think you should criticize our players more during every game cuz i have observed anyone you take shots @ scores grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by forap(m): 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2016
Nihilist:

Better change your specs like Shaggy cheesy

Lool, I see clearly
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:58pm On Dec 26, 2016
SailorXY:
but why was Mata not awarded a pk? no really.. this thing don pass play play oo.

@chrisley024 i think you should criticize our players more during every game cuz i have observed anyone you take shots @ scores grin grin
Lol. They hear and up their game grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:59pm On Dec 26, 2016
forap:

I'd prefer Scholes with better defensive presence.
his long passing range is fantastic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 8:05pm On Dec 26, 2016
SIRcumalot:

no doubt Micki is better.
I would like to see what a lineup involving the two of them with pogba go be like.
against ManCity... it's a game to forget!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:09pm On Dec 26, 2016
Lana1:
grin grin
*singing*
Ese, Ese o, ese o, e wa maalo

i no sure say he dey understand yoruba
*translated in engliss*
tenks, tenks yo tenks yo, oya comanbegoin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by forap(m): 8:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
SailorXY:

Pogba is probably more suitable to attacking duty.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:14pm On Dec 26, 2016
SailorXY:
i no sure say he dey understand yoruba
*translated in engliss*
tenks, tenks yo tenks yo, oya comanbegoin grin grin
grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:18pm On Dec 26, 2016
SailorXY:
Nah. Forap was right.
A Lampard with flair and better defensive presence go dey alright
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:20pm On Dec 26, 2016
forap:
Pogba is probably more suitable to attacking duty.
same as Scholes but he was a defensive liability. so if Pogba can have Scholes' abilities with his already superior defensive side then christmas comes everyday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by forap(m): 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2016
SailorXY:
same as Scholes but he was a defensive liability. so if Pogba can have Scholes' abilities with his already superior defensive side then christmas comes everyday.

True, but Lampard's quick, precise and long range passing was legendary also.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:15pm On Dec 26, 2016
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:43pm On Dec 26, 2016
Didn't watch the match but please with the comments here so far. 3points in d bag.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 6:54am On Dec 27, 2016
Fans are fickle.
Where are those so called fans criticizing Jose Mourinho a few weeks back and calling for his head?
Where are those saying Zlatan is too old to lead the attack?
Where are those criticizing Paul Pogba for his hairstyle and dabbing skills?
Where dem dey now?

Hahahahaha!
Titles are not handed out in October or November. Titles are handed out at the end of the season. I hope people are now seeing the potential of what Jose is cooking here?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:49am On Dec 27, 2016
"That was the best goal I've ever scored, I was very excited. The first thing I did was look at the assistant and I saw it was not ruled as offside so I just started to celebrate.

"I was expecting the ball to be in front of me and then I realised I was in front of it. As the ball was behind me, the only thing I could do was a backheel so I did that and I succeeded.

"I don’t have anything of concern from a past injury so I’m happy to be back and I’m happy to be back to help the team. I will try to do my best for the next game. It’s very important that we’re in good shape and to keep going like this."

- Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 27, 2016
Caveatemptor:
Fans are fickle.
Where are those so called fans criticizing Jose Mourinho a few weeks back and calling for his head?
Where are those saying Zlatan is too old to lead the attack?
Where are those criticizing Paul Pogba for his hairstyle and dabbing skills?
Where dem dey now?

Hahahahaha!
Titles are not handed out in October or November. Titles are handed out at the end of the season. I hope people are now seeing the potential of what Jose is cooking here?

We are here, is the season over? Please STFU, how many chances has Zlatan missed?

We are still in 6Th place so what exactly has Mourinho done to deserve our praise after splashing 100m+?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:52am On Dec 27, 2016
"I'm not really surprised, because he's a very intelligent guy, a very proud man. He decided to come to Manchester United and to the Premier League, to a club with the level of expectation that Manchester United has, to the most difficult league in the world for a striker.

"When he decided to come here, it's because he knows he can do it. When we contacted him, he told us: 'Yes, I want [it]'. I was sure he was not coming here to leave the Premier League without proof, leave the Premier League failing at Manchester United. No way.

"When such a guy decided to come, I was completely clear that he would be ready and he's ready for more. Next season, he will be here again."

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:01am On Dec 27, 2016
adebayo201:
against ManCity... it's a game to forget!
I don forget already.
I would still like to see it sha,since the three they play well. can't say the same for Marital or rashford
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:29am On Dec 27, 2016
“If the perception changes, Paul can win it [Ballon d'Or] because Paul is not a goal-scorer, Paul is a midfielder that will score more and more goals. Because I think he has conditions to score goals. But Paul is a midfield player. In my opinion, the best. The best midfield player in the world.

“Obviously young. Needs to improve. Wants to improve, which is even better. Has an agent who in my opinion is great for the player because he is not a typical agent who puts the player in the moon. He demands a lot from the player.

“He wants the player to be better and better all the time. So I think he has everything around him to be a great player. The Premier League is very difficult.

“You play three or four years in Italy, you arrive in the Premier League and the world is completely different. And he is doing well, he is doing more than well. His evolution is clear. So I can imagine next s eason for Paul will be top.

“Obviously young. Needs to improve. Wants to improve, which is even better. Has an agent who in my opinion is great for the player because he is not a typical agent who puts the player in the moon. He demands a lot from the player.

“He wants the player to be better and better all the time. So I think he has everything around him to be a great player. The Premier League is very difficult.

“You play three or four years in Italy, you arrive in the Premier League and the world is completely different. And he is doing well, he is doing more than well. His evolution is clear. So I can imagine next season for Paul will be top.”

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 8:48am On Dec 27, 2016
NickleTheory:

We are here, is the season over? Please STFU, how many chances has Zlatan missed?

We are still in 6Th place so what exactly has Mourinho done to deserve our praise after splashing 100m+?

Quoted for future reference at the end of the season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 27, 2016
Caveatemptor:

Quoted for future reference at the end of the season.

It do not matter...Quote, Screenshot...It do not matter.

You will be the one in hiding, and I will come searching, Flashlights Beaming.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3654) (3655) (3656) (3657) (3658) (3659) (3660) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.