Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,938 members, 7,863,315 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:08 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3851) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8872092 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3848) (3849) (3850) (3851) (3852) (3853) (3854) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:27am On Mar 08, 2017
ChristineC:
you mean the opposite certainly.
Do you know how much coca cola spend on adverts daily? You want to start making comparison with Ajino-moto or what? SMH

Mademoiselle, That's an irrational comparison, it's like comparing Man Utd with Northampton.

We should spend money but a budget of €75 mil is enough to whip the squad into shape but I know an slowpoke like mourinho is likely to double that digit...Evey season we keep on splashing the War chest with absolutely nothing to show except a measly Fa Cup and a measlier Capital one cup.

Ed Woodward needs to fire the entire Scouting department, bunch of brainless goats the lot of em.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:22am On Mar 08, 2017
Arsenal TV on youtube lit as usual..Blud everywhere grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 8:39am On Mar 08, 2017
raumdeuter:

When your team played this minnow what was the score

Last time we played them in Europe we flogged them too. wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 08, 2017
Well, that sucks but totally understandable, I wouldn't want to play for a manager like Jose either...I wonder who's gon spit on who this transfer season.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:08pm On Mar 08, 2017
MRTA7:

Last time we played them in Europe we flogged them too. wink

Did you flog them 10-2
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 2:58pm On Mar 08, 2017
afrodoc2:

Fans are not just cheerleaders. True fans have the right if not the obligation to ensure that their clubs are run in a sensible and sustenable manner. There are many clubs which are under fan ownership especially in continental Europe so your take on what fans should and should not do is way off.
Even in this club you have the MU Supporters Clubs which is purely the cheerleading section of the fans and is concerned mainly with chanting "20 times, 20 times" from the Stretford End and then there is the MU Supporters Trust which is made up of fans concerned with the manner in which the club is run in terms of our competitive, cultural and financial health.
I AM NOT AGAINST BIG NAMES. I am against spending boat loads of money without getting commensurate results. Esp when the money could have been spent in a more judicious and efficient manner.
I agree but the various known fans' club are not voicing discontent and that is especially because they can see the club runners are backing new managers as much as they can. Many top clubs have spent boat loads of money in recent history without commensurate result but some got it right eventually. Following the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson and subsequent replacement by a mediocre manager, it's inevitable Manchester United plough this path.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 3:19pm On Mar 08, 2017
Wingback:

Mademoiselle, That's an irrational comparison, it's like comparing Man Utd with Northampton.

We should spend money but a budget of €75 mil is enough to whip the squad into shape but I know an slowpoke like mourinho is likely to double that digit...Evey season we keep on splashing the War chest with absolutely nothing to show except a measly Fa Cup and a measlier Capital one cup.

Ed Woodward needs to fire the entire Scouting department, bunch of brainless goats the lot of em.
if we really follow this narrow way you are leading, you will learn that there are very very very few successful teams over the last 10-15 years in a 4 year span sub-division when we place money spent side by side with competitions won. Just drop the fairy envisages already.

Show the player/s/ that will be acquired for £68.89m to whip the squad into shape.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 4:45pm On Mar 08, 2017
raumdeuter:

Did you flog them 10-2

Which kind logic be this?

League competitiveness is quite different from Europe's.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:52pm On Mar 08, 2017
ChristineC:
I agree but the various known fans' club are not voicing discontent and that is especially because they can see the club runners are backing new managers as much as they can. Many top clubs have spent boat loads of money in recent history without commensurate result but some got it right eventually. Following the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson and subsequent replacement by a mediocre manager, it's inevitable Manchester United plough this path.

So u now agree that fans are more than just cheerleaders and should have an interest in the way a club is run? We are getting somewhere as long as you now realise that the "is it your money" mentality is ignorant and misguided. Now whether you agree that the money is being spent appropriately is a matter of opinion but it is uninformed to say football fans should not concern themselves with other aspects of the club.

There is a difference between the guy who supported the Pogba deal because he felt that Pogba was really that level of player and could take us back to the top and the guy who supported the deal because he feels fans should not concern themselves with how much a player costs and how a club spends its money( after hypocritically lamenting Rooney's big salary for 2yrs)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 6:58pm On Mar 08, 2017
afrodoc2:
So u now agree that fans are more than just cheerleaders and should have an interest in the way a club is run? We are getting somewhere as long as you now realise that the "is it your money" mentality is ignorant and misguided. Now whether you agree that the money is being spent appropriately is a matter of opinion but it is uninformed to say football fans should not concern themselves with other aspects of the club.

There is a difference between the guy who supported the Pogba deal because he felt that Pogba was really that level of player and could take us back to the top and the guy who supported the deal because he feels fans should not concern themselves with how much a player costs and how a club spends its money( after hypocritically lamenting Rooney's big salary for 2yrs)
no I don't agree that fans are more than cheerleaders. I was agreeing with your last sentence in the post i quote.

Very minute numbers are members of the union trust or whatever they are called. Manchester United is an enterprise bought by one family with the board already in place. The shareholders are not compulsorily fans, they are more concerned with how their planted cash grow. Any fans' club can protest all they like, it wouldn't change pinch. Again I reference Arsenal; if an owner such as that bought Manchester United, sir it wouldn't matter if the whole world protests by his door. I'm not an Arsenal supporter but i can see their stocks are doing well where listed and purchase some. While the fans are hitting their heads on the wall in anguish, I'm smiling to the bank. Are stock prices steady and on the up? If yes that's all for the average investor. Football was entertainment before lucrative. It has evolved into business before anything. Players passionate to a cause like Maldini, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Francesco Totti, John Terry is sadly over. You'd have to purchase that loyalty today if any, it's move with the tide or sink. Sir Ferguson that kept shouting "no value in the market" was not foolish, the top talents were simply out of reach of the Glazer purse at the time and he had to scavenge for unsure signings who either shined like Javier Hernandez or dimmed like Bebé. As soon as revenues were up what player did he target? the best striker in the league.

Edward Woodward is making money from strategic partnership and the Glazer family is willing to reinvest in the playing staff, no club fan in such situation anywhere in the world should complain. I agreed with you that the manager should be reasonable and have a workable blueprint, yet it will not all fall in place in a single transfer window. This is where we fans should also be reasonable.

As per your last paragraph, everybody will have a different reason for wanting the same item. It's the way of the world.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 7:17pm On Mar 08, 2017
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 08, 2017
Cavani just made it 38 goals grin grin grin grin.... #UpdatingZlatanFollowers smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:52pm On Mar 08, 2017
Barcelona, respect...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:53pm On Mar 08, 2017
GloryIsaac:
Cavani just made it 38 goals grin grin grin grin.... #UpdatingZlatanFollowers smiley
You say undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 08, 2017
chrisley024:
You say undecided

He just got his tally to 38 nah in Ibras absence grin grin grin...... But i get this feeling say God na barca fan sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pamcode(m): 11:29pm On Mar 08, 2017
For the Manure fans that were blaming louis van gaal for selling That bone head Di Maria. Accept this L in good grace. Kagawa10 you have been vindicated.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 11:33pm On Mar 08, 2017
Just look at the Unai Emery some wanted over Mourinho.
Never seen a worse team all my life.

DiMaria is a choker just like the likes of Ibra.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:33pm On Mar 08, 2017
City drew Stoke but y'all silent, good result for us
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 11:36pm On Mar 08, 2017
GloryIsaac:

He just got his tally to 38 nah in Ibras absence grin grin grin...... But i get this feeling say God na barca fan sad
I hope by God you don't mean the ref, cos I don't understand how that Second penalty was given.
Softest penalty I've seen in ages.
I didn't see the last goal, but I heard it was offside.

Today all the spotlight is on the players, but despite how shitty they were, the officiating proved costly.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 11:37pm On Mar 08, 2017
patrickmuf:
Can we take advantage with Ibra missing three games?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:41pm On Mar 08, 2017
Elxandre:

I hope by God you don't mean the ref, cos I don't understand how that Second penalty was given.

Today all the spotlight is on the players, but despite how shitty they were, the officiating proved costly.
Nothing to do with the officiating. Psg should just fvck off!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:48pm On Mar 08, 2017
Elxandre:

I cant deny that i'm really disappointed in PSG, even ManUtd hasn't disappointed me this much.. Even if the match had ended 5-1, they would have gone through, unfortunately sad........ But my post on Cavani is about his prowess ever since Zlatan left PSG, he just got to the 38 goal mark despite his faults at goal (today own pain me sad grin grin), that just shows how Zlatan had held him back....

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 08, 2017
patrickmuf:

We would be happy about that if we were certain that our team will take advantage of Man City's mess, unfortunately ManUtd and PSG have a thing in common. cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by inFamouz: 12:43am On Mar 09, 2017
GloryIsaac:

I cant deny that i'm really disappointed in PSG, even ManUtd hasn't disappointed me this much.. Even if the match had ended 5-1, they would have gone through, unfortunately sad........ But my post on Cavani is about his prowess ever since Zlatan left PSG, he just got to the 38 goal mark despite his faults at goal (today own pain me sad grin grin), that just shows how Zlatan had held him back....
shame no de catch you at all? So its all about the goals now and not about firing your team to UCL glory? Zlatan got 50goals with paris last season aged 33-34, cavani at 33 will be plying his trade in Uruguay or china. Cavani is a choker, and will never be on zlatans level till his playing days are over.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:52am On Mar 09, 2017
inFamouz:
shame no de catch you at all? So its all about the goals now and not about firing your team to UCL glory? Zlatan got 50goals with paris last season aged 33-34, cavani at 33 will be plying his trade in Uruguay or china. Cavani is a choker, and will never be on zlatans level till his playing days are over.

I guess Zlatan is the redeemer then, a team needed five goals without conceding to qualify and you let them have 3 within minutes, when all hope was down, the striker stepped up to score (making it harder for barca, even with 5-1, they would have been eliminated) and ensure that his team qualifies even with the 3-1 score, yet you let that team score the extra three goals (within minutes) they needed....And you come here to blame the Striker angry angry angry angry angry ...See ehn, if you're not a ManUtd fan, kindly gtfoh.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by inFamouz: 1:10am On Mar 09, 2017
GloryIsaac:

I guess Zlatan is the redeemer then... if you're not a Manutd fan, kindly gtfoh.
fvcking gnat. E pain am grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by inFamouz: 1:16am On Mar 09, 2017
What of that ashawo story teller mazi, shey na de rabiot be dis wey him say pogboom need to learn from? Chai our players don really suffer for NL members hand. Matuidi de beast nkor?? grin see bottlers wey our so called fans de recommend for our midfield as upgrade, Jesus wept.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:22am On Mar 09, 2017
inFamouz:
What of that ashawo story teller mazi, shey na de rabiot be dis wey him say pogboom need to learn from? Chai our players don really suffer for NL members hand. Matuidi de beast nkor?? grin see bottlers wey our so called fans de recommend for our midfield as upgrade, Jesus wept.

The Ashawo story teller has probably gone to lock his brain inside a Prostitutes pussy_ for the night...Very senseless bunch of fans grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:26am On Mar 09, 2017
inFamouz:
fvcking gnat. E pain am grin

I hope Zlatan conquers England just like he said he would.... mtcheew angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by inFamouz: 1:56am On Mar 09, 2017
GloryIsaac:

I hope Zlatan conquers England just like he said he would.... mtcheew angry
cry me a river cheesy L
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 9:10am On Mar 09, 2017
patrickmuf:
Mtchewwwww.. Does it matter? Those idiots will Bleep it up again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 9:13am On Mar 09, 2017
inFamouz:
cry me a river cheesy L
Seriously you're funny.

Ibra isn't a choker too?
He missed two tap ins any amateur would have scored and you come here to tell us about a choking Cavani that took one of two chances he had all game.

With Cavani we won't be wasting tap ins at least.

Meanwhile is there any way we can bring Lewandoski here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3848) (3849) (3850) (3851) (3852) (3853) (3854) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: dostr4(m), Eunoiao(f), Santos07 and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.