Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,946 members, 7,863,342 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:53 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3852) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8872292 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3849) (3850) (3851) (3852) (3853) (3854) (3855) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 9:15am On Mar 09, 2017
LoRdCaT:
Mtchewwwww.. Does it matter? Those idiots will Bleep it up again.
Let's hope Rashford doesn't piss his pants like Ibra.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:55am On Mar 09, 2017
ChristineC:
no I don't agree that fans are more than cheerleaders. I was agreeing with your last sentence in the post i quote.

Very minute numbers are members of the union trust or whatever they are called. Manchester United is an enterprise bought by one family with the board already in place. The shareholders are not compulsorily fans, they are more concerned with how their planted cash grow. Any fans' club can protest all they like, it wouldn't change pinch. Again I reference Arsenal; if an owner such as that bought Manchester United, sir it wouldn't matter if the whole world protests by his door. I'm not an Arsenal supporter but i can see their stocks are doing well where listed and purchase some. While the fans are hitting their heads on the wall in anguish, I'm smiling to the bank. Are stock prices steady and on the up? If yes that's all for the average investor. Football was entertainment before lucrative. It has evolved into business before anything. Players passionate to a cause like Maldini, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Francesco Totti, John Terry is sadly over. You'd have to purchase that loyalty today if any, it's move with the tide or sink. Sir Ferguson that kept shouting "no value in the market" was not foolish, the top talents were simply out of reach of the Glazer purse at the time and he had to scavenge for unsure signings who either shined like Javier Hernandez or dimmed like Bebé. As soon as revenues were up what player did he target? the best striker in the league.

Edward Woodward is making money from strategic partnership and the Glazer family is willing to reinvest in the playing staff, no club fan in such situation anywhere in the world should complain. I agreed with you that the manager should be reasonable and have a workable blueprint, yet it will not all fall in place in a single transfer window. This is where we fans should also be reasonable.

As per your last paragraph, everybody will have a different reason for wanting the same item. It's the way of the world.

We will just have to agree to disagree then. In all these I am not blaming the manager and I am not expecting miracles in 1 transfer window. However the truth is we have had about 8 transfer windows and counting since SAF left to get things right and we still seem way off from the top. Which is where the competence of Woodward in footballing and non-endorsement/business matters needs to be called to question.
And all those fat deals the club has signed will not be as fat in the future if we keep playing on Thursdays on cold, stony pitches in Russia.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:47am On Mar 09, 2017
Cavani is a legendary waste pipe! !!

"We should get Unai Emery,look at what he's doing with Sevilla"

"I prefer we get Emery, he's better than Moaninghoe "

"Look at Rabiot,dablord should be learning from him"

Fukcing Bludclats.

Na only Matuidi fall my hand yesterday .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Geestunnar(m): 10:50am On Mar 09, 2017
elrony:
Cavani is a legendary waste pipe! !!

"We should get Unai Emery,look at what he's doing with Sevilla"

"I prefer we get Emery, he's better than Moaninghoe "

"Look at Rabiot,dablord should be learning from him"

Fukcing Bludclats.

Na only Matuidi fall my hand yesterday .

Damnn grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 11:12am On Mar 09, 2017
Geestunnar:

Damnn grin grin grin grin grin
big f***king damn!!!
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:08pm On Mar 09, 2017
patrickmuf:
City drew Stoke but y'all silent, good result for us
Doesn't matter bro, doesn't matter at all. Those chokers still gonna choke
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:10pm On Mar 09, 2017
Elxandre:
Can we take advantage with Ibra missing three games?
With Ibra we didn't take advantage so what's the difference?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:13pm On Mar 09, 2017
eph12:

Hehehehe we're going on a winning run, Miki is back and hopefully Rashford will step up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:17pm On Mar 09, 2017
patrickmuf:
Hehehehe we're going on a winning run, Miki is back and hopefully Rashford will step up.
Does it matter if Rashford steps up? He is still going back to the bench once Ibra gets back.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2017
eph12:

eph12:

With Ibra we didn't take advantage so what's the difference?
eph12:

Does it matter if Rashford steps up? He is still going back to the bench once Ibra gets back.

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:36pm On Mar 09, 2017
cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 12:55pm On Mar 09, 2017
eph12:

You don give up finally? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:02pm On Mar 09, 2017
eph12:

Lol, we can't let our support fade away in this crucial stage, get behind the lads mate, we will definitely spring a surprise.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:22pm On Mar 09, 2017
eph12:

Rashford can't bench Ibra, not yet.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:26pm On Mar 09, 2017
elrony:

But some folks here want us to believe he can.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 09, 2017
Elxandre:

Seriously you're funny.

Ibra isn't a choker too?
He missed two tap ins any amateur would have scored and you come here to tell us about a choking Cavani that took one of two chances he had all game.

With Cavani we won't be wasting tap ins at least.

Meanwhile is there any way we can bring Lewandoski here?

Dont mind him grin grin, with the countless number of times that Ibra has cost us this season, he still sees him as a god... Ibras problem is clear, Low conversion ratio (needs 100 chances to score two), he wants to be the center figure of any team he plays for, if you cant make him the figure, he leaves, and he's quite slow.... Cavani on the other hand might not be the best upgrade you need for UCL glory but he doesn't make the team all about him and he makes runs that keep defenders on their feet.... Funny how some people are blaming cavani for PSG mess, is it cavani that will defend the four goals already acquired what happened to Marquinos, Thiago Silva and the rest .. he even scored to help his team regain their confidence and they killed it again so how is it his fault .... ManUtd defence isn't the best but they've managed to reduce the number of goals conceded while the big man in front wastes hard earned chances leading to series of draws and con6thency.

And the probability of Lewy coming to ManUtd is low.. maybe Auba

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Geestunnar(m): 1:33pm On Mar 09, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Dont mind him grin grin, with the countless number of times that Ibra has cost us this season, he still sees him as a god... Ibras problem is clear, Low conversion ratio (needs 100 chances to score two), he wants to be the center figure of any team he plays for, if you cant make him the figure, he leaves, and he's quite slow.... Cavani on the other hand might not be the best upgrade you need for UCL glory but he doesn't make the team all about him and he makes runs that keep defenders on their feet.... Funny how some people are blaming cavani for PSG mess, is it cavani that will defend the four goals already acquired what happened to Marquinos, Thiago Silva and the rest .. he even scored to help his team regain their confidence and they killed it again so how is it his fault .... ManUtd defence isn't the best but they've managed to reduce the number of goals conceded while the big man in front wastes hard earned chances leading to series of draws and con6thency.

And the probability of Lewy coming to ManUtd is low.. maybe Auba

I see what u did there grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Geestunnar(m): 1:34pm On Mar 09, 2017
double post
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 09, 2017
Geestunnar:
double post

Ikr grin grin grin... hopefully things may change for the better. smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by teeezy00: 1:45pm On Mar 09, 2017
Afternoon FAM.. ...GGMU for life grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:49pm On Mar 09, 2017
patrickmuf:
But some folks here want us to believe he can.

He apparently can't for now... I just hope he turns up in the CF role in zlatan absence
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 2:54pm On Mar 09, 2017
how today go be ? this Rostov suppose sabi ball since na UCL dem come from.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:59pm On Mar 09, 2017
codedguy1:

grin grin grin
My guy if I tell you say this my team matter never dey tire me I dey lie.
Just when they need to step up to climb higher they do a assnal.
If we don't qualify for champions league this season then I see it as a huge failure.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:02pm On Mar 09, 2017
LoRdCaT:
You don give up finally? cheesy
I never try? Since beginning of season which is like 8 months ago? You sef reason am na.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 3:06pm On Mar 09, 2017
eph12:

I never try? Since beginning of season which is like 8 months ago? You sef reason am na.
I understand you my brother but no give up. See barca now, who reason say dem fit come back? Have hope fellow Mancunian..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:08pm On Mar 09, 2017
patrickmuf:
Lol, we can't let our support fade away in this crucial stage, get behind the lads mate, we will definitely spring a surprise.
Trust me for my area most people know me as united. Many don't even know my real name. I'm always ready to defend my team but when I interact with fellow united I say it as it is. Even last match sef I told those other fans of other clubs disturbing me that we don't need the match and if we do we will win it but inside me I dey vex.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:42pm On Mar 09, 2017
elrony:

No formation that can make two of them play together? We lack speed up front mehn. I don't mean spees from sides but strikers running around defenders. If two of them play together I just believe it will be a hit. They did complement each other. Jose can play a 3-5-2. Valencia will be more effective here.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:00pm On Mar 09, 2017
Before the Chelsea match I suggested that we go 3-5-2 against them but people here said we were not used to that formation. If we had gone with that I don't think we would have done worse than we eventually did. We have the players for the formation and even other formations and I would like JM to try something different as the season DRAWS to an end.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:43pm On Mar 09, 2017
That Rostov pitch no make sense at all. Hopefully, we get a good result and have the upper hand for the 2nd leg.

A draw (as long as its not 0-0) or a win ll be good enough!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:55pm On Mar 09, 2017
elrony:

He apparently can't for now... I just hope he turns up in the CF role in zlatan absence
I am hopeful too
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Geestunnar(m): 5:15pm On Mar 09, 2017
eph12:

No formation that can make two of them play together? We lack speed up front mehn. I don't mean spees from sides but strikers running around defenders. If two of them play together I just believe it will be a hit. They did complement each other. Jose can play a 3-5-2. Valencia will be more effective here.
I think 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 would suit the team but we need to consider that bar valencia, we don't have who will play in the wingback position
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by teeezy00: 5:16pm On Mar 09, 2017
Happy 27th birthday, Daley Blind! cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3849) (3850) (3851) (3852) (3853) (3854) (3855) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.