Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,299 members, 7,867,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:02 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4049) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8885744 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4046) (4047) (4048) (4049) (4050) (4051) (4052) ... (14220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 11:14am On May 08, 2017
MRTA7:
With regards to this summer a lot will depend on of we win the europa league and qualify for the CL. So it'll be tough to say who we will sign.

Jose should be gutting out the squad this summer. As its bloated but not enough quality at the highest level.
Buying more players is not the issue. Buying the right players, deploying the right tactics,not anti-football tactics. These are what matters.

Not playing wingers/attackers as fullbacks, forwards as extra defenders.

Man, that shiit is so not funny.

The board should calm down on any talk of contract extension for Mourinho for now, please.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:29am On May 08, 2017
elampiro:
58th minute vs Celta Vigo Romero made this save. A shot that took a deflection off Valencia. But today DDG conceded from a similar situation. Today’s shot was even from a farther position.
The ball to Romero came to the middle of the post with a slight deflection while DDG's was at the far top corner with a huge deflection. Spot the difference and don't allow your hate for this guy make you appear less intelligent.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:35am On May 08, 2017
chrisley024:
The ball to Romero came to the middle of the post while DDG's was at the far top corner. Spot the difference and don't allow your hate for this guy make you appear less intelligent.

Ah han that is a bit harsh! cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 11:37am On May 08, 2017
Danhumprey:
Buying more players is not the issue. Buying the right players, deploying the right tactics,not anti-football tactics. These are what matters.

Not playing wingers/attackers as fullbacks, forwards as extra defenders.

Man, that shiit is so not funny.

The board should calm down on any talk of contract extension for Mourinho for now, please.
I 100% agree. Personally feel he has done enough to be sacked this summer but that won't happen. So looking at the realistic options this summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:40am On May 08, 2017
afrodoc2:

He just finds a way to blame the guy unnecessarily and I think he does deliberately. Just imagine the comparison.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:58am On May 08, 2017
chrisley024:
The ball to Romero came to the middle of the post with a slight deflection while DDG's was at the far top corner with a huge deflection. Spot the difference and don't allow your hate for this guy make you appear less intelligent.

You need glasses. Top far corner ko angle 90 ni
You no know book

DeGea failed again. He was off his line. The ball didn't go to any corner.

DeGea's ball was taken from 35 yards and deflected 25 yards from goal. There was plenty of time to read the traveling and trajectory of the ball

Romero's ball was more difficult. The shot was taken inside the box and deflected inside it too.

You no know ball.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 12:00pm On May 08, 2017
de gea has been average [maybe above average], romero has been the better goalie dis season.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BossKratos: 12:00pm On May 08, 2017
afrodoc2:

Not really! He tends to chat a lot of _shit sometimes! Writing epistles or posting who scored stats cannot hide it completely......why has he not blamed rooney for having the decision making akin to that of a drunk sailor when blessed with a golden chance to just square the ball to Mata after assnals defence went to sleep? That early goal would have put us in a commanding position! But now de gea is a _moron for conceding a wicked deflected goal? After all he is the same chap that said rooneys pathetic form was down to his spinal cord being twisted or something!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BossKratos: 12:05pm On May 08, 2017
Jose has won the carling cup? Won the community shield? Still has a chance of finishing in the top 4 and with that bring back UCL soccer? Has gotten a ripped squad to the semi finals of the europa which can also help us get into the same UCL? But he deserves to be sacked? No need to even yarn........
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:06pm On May 08, 2017
Look at Romero, look at the way he changes his position. He was not in the middle of the goal at first, but he had to count steps with proper reading to make the great save. Romero is not very athletic, no sharp reflexes, but commands his goal and box with experience. Proper game reading.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:13pm On May 08, 2017
BossKratos:

Not really! He tends to chat a lot of _shit sometimes! Writing epistles or posting who scored stats cannot hide it completely......why has he not blamed rooney for having the decision making akin to that of a drunk sailor when blessed with a golden chance to just square the ball to Mata after assnals defence went to sleep? That early goal would have put us in a commanding position! But now de gea is a _moron for conceding a wicked deflected goal? After all he is the same chap that said rooneys pathetic form was down to his spinal cord being twisted or something!

Brosskrokro, you people only like it when Rooney is being bashed. Let’s say when Rooney or Jones or Valencia make mistakes you people jump out from nowhere to form an associate of bashers. Thank God Valencia has proven you people wrong this season and has been our best player just as I always rate him.

If it were Phil Jones who committed the error by Smalling yesterday, Chrisley024 would have led a team of bashers to call him dumb. But now he kept mute.

Sorry, we must reveal it when DeGea makes mistakes and cause us goals.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:23pm On May 08, 2017
People are observing

Live commentary after Romero made that great save

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:24pm On May 08, 2017
After that save

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:26pm On May 08, 2017
Is it not a corroboration of my stance on our goalkeeper's ability on corner kicks, crosses, aerial ability and box command? DeGea has been putting us under pressure in these aspects.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BossKratos: 12:29pm On May 08, 2017
elampiro:

Brosskrokro, you people only like it when Rooney is being bashed. Let’s say when Rooney or Jones or Valencia make mistakes you people jump out from nowhere to form an associate of bashers. Thank God Valencia has proven you people wrong this season and has been our best player just as I always rate him.

If it were Phil Jones who committed the error by Smalling yesterday, Chrisley024 would have led a team of bashers to call him dumb. But now he kept mute.

No! I have been one of rooneys staunchest supporters back when he was great! But he has cost us a lot over the past 2 to 3 seasons! Thank goodness jose has come and had the guts to show him that his lack of productivity has earned him a permanent place on the bench! His slow thinking also cost us yesterday.....no keeper be it buffon or neuer would have stopped that deflection yesterday! Why did herrera not stand tall and even take it in the face or chest? After all xhaka had shown clearly that he was primed to shoot and he is good with long range shots!

De gea even kept us in that match in the 1st half when smalling and Jones were doing their normal circus act in defence! What should de gea have done for welbecks header? Was it his job to mark welbeck? Since the swansea game you have used every opportunity to beat de gea over that goal! If rooney had not stupidly caused the foul in a dangerous area would de gea have needed to save any freekick?

As for Valencia he has been average ever since his last injury a couple of years ago but you have always backed him...me and you have even chatted on his issue a few times I never rated him as a FULLBACK..Jose has improved him and I have pointed out already this season that he has improved! It is futile to try and stain me as any sort of basher...the evidence is in all my posts! The only person I always give both barrels to on this thread is FELLAINI Don't confuse me with one of your lackeys...it won't work! Learn to be honest when chatting with me!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:36pm On May 08, 2017
BossKratos:

No! I have been one of rooneys staunchest supporters back when he was great! But he has cost us a lot over the past 2 to 3 seasons! Thank goodness jose has come and had the guts to show him that his lack of productivity has earned him a permanent place on the bench! His slow thinking also cost us yesterday.....no keeper be it buffon or neuer would have stopped that deflection yesterday! Why did herrera not stand tall and even take it in the face or chest? After all xhaka had shown clearly that he was primed to shoot and he is good with long range shots!

De gea even kept us in that match in the 1st half when smalling and Jones were doing their normal circus act in defence! What should de gea have done for welbecks header? Was it his job to mark welbeck? Since the swansea game you have used every opportunity to beat de gea over that goal! If rooney had not stupidly caused the foul in a dangerous area would de gea have needed to save any freekick?

As for Valencia he has been average ever since his last injury a couple of years ago...Jose has improved him and I have pointed out already this season that he has improved! It is futile to try and stain me as any sort of basher...the evidence is in all my posts! The only person I always give both barrels to on this thread is [b]fellaini.[/b]Don't confuse me with one of your lackeys...it won't work! Learn to be honest when chatting with me!

Forget it. Even some average keepers would save that ball DeGea failed to deal with. Those keepers in Stoke, Arsenal, Tottenham would probably have saved that ball and it will appear normal. Buffon and Neuer are not easy to beat like that with a shot from distance. I am not saying they cannot be beaten, but they are ahead of DeGea. DDG is even regressing.

Valencia has not been poor, he was only poor in 2012/2013 season. After then he always have been one of our most reliable players bringing stability and balance to our right side attack. I always told you people that there is a reason Valencia saw the ball most under Gaal, and why Mata usually had a good game when Valencia played. But you people were too slow to understand basic football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:41pm On May 08, 2017
What we now see in DeGea is that he makes saves of close range shots that would be almost impossible for other keepers to save, but he fumbles on long shots and crosses some average keepers save week in week out.

That was how he was in 2011/2012 when he cost us the title in his first season. May be he is still maturing or his mind is no longer here.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:46pm On May 08, 2017
elampiro:

And did I say it wasn't Smalling's error or defended him like you always do?. Yesterday's was what you get when the 2 brits are paired. While Smalling is average, Jones is dumb deceiving fans with fake potential for years. A defender that can't guarantee 20 games a year na player?.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 1:06pm On May 08, 2017
Abeg DDG should have saved that jare.
Look at how long distance that deflection was na.
He didn't count his steps properly before diving.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:08pm On May 08, 2017
MRTA7:

I 100% agree. Personally feel he has done enough to be sacked this summer but that won't happen. So looking at the realistic options this summer.

undecided

1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BossKratos: 1:11pm On May 08, 2017
Visible to the blind and audible to the deaf!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:12pm On May 08, 2017
"Tuanzebe was very good, very solid. He did his work for years in the academy and he joined the first-team squad in January so he's had January, February, March and April, four months working with us, adapting to a different reality.

"So I was sure that he was ready.”

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:13pm On May 08, 2017
“I think Axel did very good against Alexis, who is one of the best players in the Premier League.

“He defended very, very well. He’s an athletic guy, he’s quick and he’s good with the ball. So I’m very happy for him.”

- Juan Mata
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 1:47pm On May 08, 2017
Rooney isnt good enough to make Carrick's upcoming testimonial starting lineup this summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 1:55pm On May 08, 2017
Olaone1:
Where dem dey? I am here to devour you all undecided
10-2 up Wenger
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 3:03pm On May 08, 2017
Oasis007:

undecided
are you saying he hasn't failed this year so far? He's on course to finish lower than lvg in the league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:28pm On May 08, 2017
MRTA7:
are you saying he hasn't failed this year so far? He's on course to finish lower than lvg in the league.

His primary assignment this season was to get us into the champion's league, so he as not failed. I will rule this season a success or a failure based on what happens in the Europa League. However it is not too early to call this season a disappointment no matter what happens in Europa.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:42pm On May 08, 2017
MRTA7:

undecided

The Question is; has he really failed?! What about if United win the EL and finally book a Place in the next Season Champions League, would you retract your submission on him?!

I know if you are Woodward, JM Contract is certainly over, but can you tell me the best available Replacement?!

Finally, any Manager that couldn't perform a magic in his first Season at the Club like Conte is doing at Chelsea should be sacked ba?!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PattyCake: 5:05pm On May 08, 2017
Oasis007:

undecided

The Question is; has he really failed?! What about if United win the EL and finally book a Place in the next Season Champions League, would you retract your submission on him?!

I know if you are Woodward, JM Contract is certainly over, but can you tell me the best available Replacement?!

Finally, any Manager that couldn't perform a magic in his first Season at the Club like Conte is doing at Chelsea should be sacked ba?!

I guess $250m Isn't enough to perform a Magic Act, Your Boyfriend has failed...Cest Finishe
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 08, 2017
elampiro:
What we now see in DeGea is that he makes saves of close range shots that would be almost impossible for other keepers to save, but he fumbles on long shots and crosses some average keepers save week in week out.

That was how he was in 2011/2012 when he cost us the title in his first season. May be he is still maturing or his mind is no longer here.

I really don't know why guys find it hard to accept the truth, we all love DDG but when he messes up, it should be pointed out, what exactly stopped him from punching that ball?.... i think we should learn to push sentiments aside when judging stuff, i'm a core CR7 fan (i dislike Messi, damn that guy! angry ) but i know that CR7 is a fairly selfish player and it would affect them if not that he makes up for it with a goal later in the match...... DDG messed up and unfortunately hard to admit, he's not the best in the world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 7:07pm On May 08, 2017
Elxandre:
Abeg DDG should have saved that jare. Look at how long distance that deflection was na. He didn't count his steps properly before diving.
sincerely i was expecting DDG to atleast touch the ball
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PattyCake: 7:29pm On May 08, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (4046) (4047) (4048) (4049) (4050) (4051) (4052) ... (14220) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: nitrogen(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.