Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,175 members, 7,867,401 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:29 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8884419 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4158) (4159) (4160) (4161) (4162) (4163) (4164) ... (14220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 12:01pm On Jun 04, 2017
PietroRico:

Personally, I think it high time everyone stopped bothering their heads about transfer fees and just accept the market for what it is.

Every club has their fair share of being magad in the transfer market, but united's own tends to be overexaggerated.

If the people that run the club think they can afford to pay griezman's Bale's fees, and still strengthen other areas then exactly how much griezman Bale comes for really shouldn't be anybody's business.

In summary, our transfer market paranoia don too much.

Pietro Rico?? lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:05pm On Jun 04, 2017
AdisaOwala:

Pietro Rico?? lipsrsealed
lol.. except in this case bale's trajectory is obvious for all to see and quite different from that of grizzy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
Looks like you and elampiro have Unknowingly sworn to not let me have peace for that post.

Una wan Force me to go back and explain everything line by line to clear misconceptions.

There's a difference between paying 100m for Griezmann and paying 100m for etebo, so when I say accept the market for what it is, you should know what I mean.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 12:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
PietroRico:
lol.. except in this case bale's trajectory is obvious for all to see and quite different from that of grizzy

I agree with you - actually, I was never even in support of Bale's purchase 2-3 years ago when he was being linked with us (despite the fact that he was younger & probably fitter at the time).

But bro, let the club spend this moneyyyyyyyyy nah tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:15pm On Jun 04, 2017
AdisaOwala:

I agree with you - actually, I was never even in support of Bale's purchase 2-3 years ago when he was being linked with us (despite the fact that he was younger & probably fitter at the time).

But bro, let the club spend this moneyyyyyyyyy nah tongue
I know. You have never hidden your lack of love for bale and them brits in general.
2-3 years ago, I wouldn't blink if Bale was coming here for 100m
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 12:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
PietroRico:
Looks like you and elampiro have Unknowingly sworn to not let me have peace for that post.

Una wan Force me to go back and explain everything line by line to clear misconceptions.

There's a difference between paying 100m for Griezmann and paying 100m for etebo, so when I say accept the market for what it is, you should know what I mean.

That post was crystal clear & you explained your submissions quite aptly...atleast to suit the greizzy argument.

The point is that, if the signature of one player wouldn't stop us from buying other players, we shouldn't bother ourselves about transfer fees.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 12:20pm On Jun 04, 2017
PietroRico:
I know. You have never hidden your lack of love for bale and them brits in general.

grin grin

I swear na lie - the same reason you gave is what has always been on my mind.

It is only coincidental that British attackers usually have pace & power as their major strengths. smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:28pm On Jun 04, 2017
AdisaOwala:

That post was crystal clear & you explained your submissions quite aptly...

The point is that, if the signature of one player wouldn't stop us from buying other players, we shouldn't bother ourselves about transfer fees.

that would also mean if my club is paying 70m for omeruo, I won't voice my concern, if it satisfies the above point. Of course no.

If I support 89m Pogba and kick against 50m matic, it would make me no hippoccrite, as elamps was accusing me the other day. I just be no get strength that time.

Accepting the market for what it is, is knowing 86m Griezmann is not outrageous, but 90m Bale is.
If anyone wants to attack me, it should be based on these, not the fact that it looks like I opined that we are free to be throwing money for every Tom Díck and Harry

I hope I don't have to revisit this after today
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 04, 2017
EmmGee:

You don't know how madrid plays.
Benzo provides fluidity at the front.
He has better link up than morata.
It's not like morata's not good, but he cannot create chances like how benzo will.

You might not really get it, but try and watch our games closely

sinizia:

Nah, bro. I used to have this thought but the events of the past few weeks have changed all that.

Nepotism might be among the reasons why Zidane chooses Benzema over Morata, but Benzema does a job that Morata can't do for Madrid.

Benzema is a team player, one who's ever ready to drop his goal ambitions so his team and especially Cr7 can shine. Benzema hustles up front, dragging defenders wide, using his strength and power to put pressure on the defenders of oppositions which provides a perfect avenue for Ororo who walks around the pitch without doing much defensive work to spring up at deadly positions to break oppositions' hearts.

Ororo is getting old and rarely does any defensive work (even in his younger days he was like this but not this bad), he's now more like counter-attacker, a predator stalking his prey ready to pounce at the deadliest moment. Benzema provides the perfect weapon to distract defenders from focusing on Ororo thereby giving Ororo the perfect chance to act as a false 9 and keep scoring.

Morata can't do all these. He has a healthy return in terms of goals this season, but having Ororo and Morata on the same pitch all the time means those aforementioned attributes I listed up there will be lacking in Madrid's games. Morata can't link up play like Benzema does. Morata would be bullied off the game easily unlike Benzema. Benzema has sacrificed his goals for Ororo to shine.

Now, i understand what you guys are trying to explain.... it's good though, that gives us an oppurtunity to steal him and rodriguez from Madrid.. smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:32pm On Jun 04, 2017
AdisaOwala:

grin grin

I swear na lie - the same reason you gave is what has always been on my mind.

It is only coincidental that British attackers usually have pace & power as their major strengths. smiley
lol
Na lie. You are overly harsh on British players.
There was a time when I always had to defend welbeck from harsh criticism from you especially
Wether it was his fault or not, you were ever ready to swing your axe.
Cleverley(of blessed memory) suffered same.
Jones did and still does but to a lesser degree
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 12:42pm On Jun 04, 2017
PietroRico:
that would also mean if my club is paying 70m for omeruo, I won't voice my concern, if it satisfies the above point. Of course no.

If I support 89m Pogba and kick against 50m matic, it would make me no hippoccrite, as elamps was accusing me the other day. I just be no get strength that time.

Accepting the market for what it is, is knowing 86m Griezmann is not outrageous, but 90m Bale is.
If anyone wants to attack me, it should be based on these, not the fact that it looks like I opined that we are free to be throwing money for every Tom Díck and Harry

If the purchase of any player wouldn't affect our General spendings & the club is interested & willing to buy the player in question, we shouldn't bother ourselves with the price.

In the same vein, if Matic would cost 50m & Bale 100m, & those transactions wouldn't affect our transfer plans, you shouldnt kick against the club paying that kinda money for them since...

1.Those at the helm of affairs are not complaining..

2. that's what the transfer market is today.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:48pm On Jun 04, 2017
this adisaowala no get sense I swear grin grin
you and I know exactly what PietroRico is saying, you just no wan gree
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 04, 2017
dubylhover:
from d finals yesterday,juve had a very good first half,they pressed well,but it seemed like Madrid were afraid to play,when d second half started we saw a different Madrid,total domination and annihilation,isco holding the ball well,modric making d drives and kroos making d simple but effective passes,juventus decided to play an open game against Madrid in d second half and that was their downfall...

now why I'm saying this is because of our supercup,any Manu fans that honestly expects mou to just be open like juve all in the name of attacking is on a long thing..I see us being. Bit laid back,mayb he'd use Herrera to mark isco...hopefully we should get fast attackers cos that's how we can beat Madrid...juves attack was too slow,their transition from defence to attract too slow..

heck look at Madrid,just 3 passes and they are in front of your box,we are definitely miles behind them,but I think mou would b a little bit defensive against Madrid..cos to be honest with the way our team is,if we go out and attack too much they'd murder us

Honestly Bro, i've never supported Mous bus mentality but the truth is that we have to pack that trailer and look to hit them on the break... Hopefully we'll get a better winger that can inflict pain with counter attacks not Lingard that couldn't even counter Ajax well..... And also our aerial ability, I'm sure Madrid would look to exploit it, i'm very sure of that.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:48pm On Jun 04, 2017
AdisaOwala:

If the purchase of any player wouldn't affect our General spendings & the club is interested & willing to buy the player in question, we shouldn't bother ourselves with the price.

In the same vein, if Matic would cost 50m & Bale 100m, & those transactions wouldn't affect our transfer plans, you shouldnt kick against the club paying that kinda money for them since...

1.Those at the helm of affairs are not complaining..

2. that's what the transfer market is today.
you are still not getting it.
What the player has to offer at the club is still the most important thing
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:49pm On Jun 04, 2017
dopeJemi:

grin
Leave am make he dey use me catch trips
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:59pm On Jun 04, 2017
Funlord2:

Too unfit and too expensive for someone who may go missing when you need him the most during the season!

Asides from that he is the answer to our left and right wings but it's a gamble I won't support the club in taking

Of course I would not want us to go for him now esp with what the fee would likely be, that ship has sailed.
Like pietrorico said he depends so much on pace n power that his inability to stay fit is a concern.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 1:07pm On Jun 04, 2017
PietroRico:
lol
Na lie. You are overly harsh on British players.
There was a time when I always had to defend welbeck from harsh criticism from you especially
Wether it was his fault or not, you were ever ready to swing your axe.
Cleverley(of blessed memory) suffered same.
Jones did and still does but to a lesser degree

grin grin

But make we talk truth - welbeck should be lacing his boots for the likes of Hull, Crystal palace etc. I am sure Wenger would kick him out sooner rather than later.

As for Cleverly, I think Coogar's incessant praises for that mediocre, clueless & "ambitionless" fella riled me up most times..hence my consistent criticism.

Phil Jones' inability to stay fit is the major problem I have with him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 1:10pm On Jun 04, 2017
dopeJemi:

grin

I know exactly what he is saying & I am in full support - the double standards na im be the issue wey I get with PietroRico

What's good for the goose should also be good for the gander

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
PietroRico:

But the point is that what is outrageous is a matter of opinion.
To some Pogba for 89m is outrageous but to others it is not.
Those that said nobody has any right to question the Pogba fee have no right to question any fee paid by the club for any future player. After all "is it your money"?
You can't pick and choose when to use that line because the appropriateness or outrageousness of a fee is a matter of opinion. E.g the release clause for a 1 season wonder like Belotti in my opinion is outrageous but if United pays it the "is it your money" proponents should not complain.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 1:15pm On Jun 04, 2017
afrodoc2:

But the point is that what is outrageous is a matter of opinion.
To some Pogba for 89m is outrageous but to others it is not.
Those that said nobody has any right to question the Pogba fee have no right to question any fee paid by the club for any future player. After all "is it your money"?
You can't pick and choose when to use that line because the appropriateness or outrageousness of a fee is a matter of opinion. E.g the release clause for a 1 season wonder like Belotti in my opinion is outrageous but if United pays it the "is it your money" proponents should not complain.

I couldn't have said it better
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:18pm On Jun 04, 2017
I have been refreshing most football transfer news sites and I haven't come across any experienced CM linked to us yet. Na wa o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 1:22pm On Jun 04, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Now, i understand what you guys are trying to explain.... it's good though, that gives us an oppurtunity to steal him and rodriguez from Madrid.. smiley

God forbid...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 1:34pm On Jun 04, 2017
eph12:
I have been refreshing most football transfer news sites and I haven't come across any experienced CM linked to us yet. Na wa o.

With Carrick's one year extension & Mourihno's "love" for Fellaini, I don zero my mind from any "tangible" CMF addition
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 1:36pm On Jun 04, 2017
Lana1:
Is that so?? I'm not gonna bother posting anything. Bros go and check very well.

Domestically or in Europe & The World, Madrid is the biggest team in the World and United doesn't even come close. No one does actually.
The only thing United get pass Madrid na money!
Ok. I just checked Madrid's domestic titles and they surpass united so I take back my post.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 04, 2017
AdisaOwala:

God forbid...
Why?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:52pm On Jun 04, 2017
AdisaOwala:

With Carrick's one year extension & Mourihno's "love" for Fellaini, I don zero my mind from any "tangible" CMF addition
I doubt this. There must be a midfielder somewhere on that list. Probably the surprise package I'm hearing about and that's why we not hearing about it.

FFS we can't afford to continue to play long aerial balls as it would affect the development of Rashford and Martial.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:53pm On Jun 04, 2017
Bomboclat pon da babylonians!!

Since we never sign anybody or anything!.

Make una sign me...

It's my birthday Fam!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlord2(m): 1:53pm On Jun 04, 2017
eph12:

Keep refreshing.......

..till September 1st! That's when the window closes!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlord2(m): 1:54pm On Jun 04, 2017
elrony:

Make una sign me...

Happy birthday nigga!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:56pm On Jun 04, 2017
Funlord2:

Keep refreshing.......

..till September 1st! That's when the window closes!
Lol.. but we have important matches July and August before Sept 1st
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 1:56pm On Jun 04, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Why?

He isn't better than Mata besides the earlier we stopped being a dumping ground for the big guns in Europe, the better for us.

If possible, I'd rather we get Isco instead - he is clearly a better player who would bring more to the table. Me thinks James relies too much on his technique.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:57pm On Jun 04, 2017
elrony:

Make una sign me...

You sabi pick balls?

Happy birthday man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4158) (4159) (4160) (4161) (4162) (4163) (4164) ... (14220) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.