Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,776 members, 7,862,556 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:27 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8869697 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4159) (4160) (4161) (4162) (4163) (4164) (4165) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 1:59pm On Jun 04, 2017
eph12:

I doubt this. There must be a midfielder somewhere on that list. Probably the surprise package I'm hearing about and that's why we not hearing about it.

There could be a midfielder but I doubt if na one wey go ready push for a 1st team place (I might be wrong though).

I think the "surprise package" na one high profile forward.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:01pm On Jun 04, 2017
AdisaOwala:

Even the inclusion of Casemiro alone stabilized the team tactically....

Another manager might have attempted to shoe-horn the expensive James Rodriguez into the side (probably at the expense of the Brazillian) but Zizou knew exactly how he wanted his team to play & went all out to actualize his plans.

The likes of Lucas Vasquez, Asensio etc were also given opportunities & they quite impressed...
But Benitez insisted on playing Casemiro that's one of the reason he was shown the door, he believed the back four needed protection and he deem Casemiro the man to oofer samesadly he didn't have the personality or the means to go about convincing the Madrid hierarchy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:03pm On Jun 04, 2017
Funlord2:

Happy birthday nigga!

Thanks boss!! cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:04pm On Jun 04, 2017
eph12:

You sabi pick balls?

Happy birthday man

Depends on the balls grin

Thanks brah!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:04pm On Jun 04, 2017
Happy Bday Elrony

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:06pm On Jun 04, 2017
afrodoc2:
Happy Bday Elrony

Thanks Doc!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:06pm On Jun 04, 2017
elrony:
Bomboclat pon da babylonians!!

Since we never sign anybody or anything!.

Make una sign me...

It's my birthday Fam!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin

Happy Birthday Dude! Wishing you LLNP! Just hang up a Bit, JM will soon ask Woodard to sign you.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 2:07pm On Jun 04, 2017
patrickmuf:
But Benitez insisted on playing Casemiro that's one of the reason he was shown the door, he believed the back four needed protection and he deem Casemiro the man to oofer samesadly he didn't have the personality or the means to go about convincing the Madrid hierarchy.

Casemiro wasn't a regular starter under Benitez
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlord2(m): 2:10pm On Jun 04, 2017
So wrong on so many levels?

Sell de gea for £25m and get this joker? Fantasy....

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:10pm On Jun 04, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

Happy Birthday Dude! Wishing you LLNP! Just hang up a Bit, JM will soon ask Woodard to sign you.

Thanks brah!..make ED fast na.. I no wan go Madrid o grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:13pm On Jun 04, 2017
Funlord2:

So wrong on so many levels?

Sell de gea for £25m and get this joker? Fantasy....

Cas + any of Kroos , Varane or Carvajal .. Please! ! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:16pm On Jun 04, 2017
AdisaOwala:

Yes, because Benitez was pressured to play the big names...Zidane has that cult-like foolwership in Madrid and his achievements as a player makes it difficult for the players and management alike to question his decisions...
If Giggs came to United and benches Zlatan, we'd all give him the benefit of the doubt compared to a Moyes or Brendan Rodgers doing same.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
Happy birthday elrony, may God bless you and yours...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:19pm On Jun 04, 2017
elrony:

Isco or Kroos or Varane. Give us 2 of them and take Davido
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:22pm On Jun 04, 2017
What Kroos brings to Madrid midfield is what Xavi did for Barca in their dominant years, you won't see them go on swashbuckling runs or do fancy flicks but they keep the game flowing with intelligent use of the ball...Kroos is like Xavi and Modric is like Iniesta...I'd be very happy we can get Kroos from that team...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlord2(m): 2:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
elrony:

The only madrid players we should think of involving in any sort of swap deal with madrid are the following:

1: modric

2: Varane

3: kroos

They are on long term contracts so straight cash purchases would affect our over all budget for this summer! You don't get to be as wealthy as us buy throwing cash away!

Rodriguez or isco( if he wants to try england) can be bought with straight cash and de gea and this his annual summer drama has gotten tiring! We can't keep de stabilizing our transfer plans each season due to this him and real madrids crap! He never comes out with solid statements telling them to _fuck off so he obviously has it in his mind to one day bounce!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:30pm On Jun 04, 2017
Modric is going to be 32 in September.
I think we missed the boat on him years ago.
If Madrid are desperate this might be an opportunity to be the one playing another club for a change.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 04, 2017
AdisaOwala:

He isn't better than Mata besides the earlier we stopped being a dumping ground for the big guns in Europe, the better for us.

If possible, I'd rather we get Isco instead - he is clearly a better player who would bring more to the table. Me thinks James relies too much on his technique.

James is actually an improvement on the right wing, Isco IS NOT coming, snap out of your fantasies....Talking about dumping ground, virtually every position in our team except the gk is lower than Madrids own (i can even argue that their 2nd eleven is better than us grin) so leave your sentiments and ego aside and judge who actually is gaining when we buy players from them..... They are the best team in history so getting players they don't need isn't being a dumping ground, and these guys are very young so they'll surely be out to clear every doubt surrounding them... When Juve signed Pogba, we didn't give a f*ck, but here we are today, Pogba is now the most expensive player in history.... What about Micheal Keane?, now plans are being made to bring him back...There's a whole lot i can say but i'll stop here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 04, 2017
elrony:

Make una sign me...
Happy Birthday fam...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:50pm On Jun 04, 2017
elrony:

Thanks brah!..make ED fast na.. I no wan go Madrid o grin

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 3:31pm On Jun 04, 2017
happy birthday Elrony

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:33pm On Jun 04, 2017
We are missing them..... very commanding and reliable at the Back!

Just look at the way Rio stands, that alone gonna scares off potency in a Striker and renders him confused.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
Vidic just powered home a header from Ryan Giggs' Corner. Chai!

You Guys are really missed! There is no Hope of scoring from Set-pieces again at United!

I hope Smalling, Jones and Co are watching and learning?!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 3:39pm On Jun 04, 2017
elrony:

Make una sign me...

Which position do you play? Because JM prefers black men in d defense and midfield. If you are Essien or Lassana Diarra, then you are in luck!

Happy birthday bro

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:40pm On Jun 04, 2017
SMH!

Scholes, a retired Player, made a wonderful long range Pass to Rooney on Goal, an active Player, yet he missed it.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 3:42pm On Jun 04, 2017
Oasis007:
SMH!

Scholes, a retired Player, made a wonderful long range Pass to Rooney on Goal, an active Player, yet he missed it.
Are you watching the testimonial?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by monerozi5590: 3:45pm On Jun 04, 2017
AdisaOwala:

Benitez didn't pick the right squad at Real Madrid.
Playing Danilo ahead of Carvajal is damn foolish of him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:46pm On Jun 04, 2017
pharod:
Are you watching the testimonial?

Not really, but just watched the Highlights of the first Half.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 3:50pm On Jun 04, 2017
Oasis007:
SMH!

lol Scholes must have shook his head in pity
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 3:52pm On Jun 04, 2017
elrony:

Thanks Doc!!
Happy Birthday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:54pm On Jun 04, 2017
joeace2020:
lol Scholes must have shook his head in pity

grin grin grin

I hope you watch the Highlights, you won't believe the wonderful Pass is made by a Retiree, yet our Captain couldn't convert it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 3:55pm On Jun 04, 2017
GloryIsaac:

James is actually an improvement on the right wing,

Which yeye improvement on the RW??

As a winger, Hames isn't better than Mata.

If the plan is to sign him for that position, i'd rather we give Young a 2-year extension or better still, buy Januzaj back.

James ko, Simon ni!

GloryIsaac:

Talking about dumping ground, virtually every position in our team except the gk is lower than Madrids own (i can even argue that their 2nd eleven is better than us grin) so leave your sentiments and ego aside and judge who actually is gaining when we buy players from them....

We ain't gaining nada by paying through our nostrils for a bench-warmer who isn't better than the options we have atm...

Yeah, its good to look at available players but that doesn't mean being cowered into paying huge sums of money for rejects at Big clubs.

As a #10, Hames isn't better than Mata, Miki and even Pogba.

If an upgrade is available at Madrid for a reasonable price, we should make a move no doubt.However, Looking to stock-pile our team with players of similar attributes (and even having to pay astronomical fees for them) probably because they are available in the market is a No-No!!!

GloryIsaac:

. They are the best team in history so getting players they don't need isn't being a dumping ground

Being the best team in history doesn't mean we should be snooping around some of their redundant players who most likely wouldn't solve the urgent problems in our side.

We dont need Rodriguez biko...

GloryIsaac:

and these guys are very young so they'll surely be out to clear every doubt surrounding them... When Juve signed Pogba, we didn't give a f*ck, but here we are today, Pogba is now the most expensive player in history.... What about Micheal Keane?, now plans are being made to bring him back...There's a whole lot i can say but i'll stop here.

Juve bought Pogba for around 6m. At that price, it was pretty evident he wasnt expected to hit the ground running. It was a gamble that paid off in the end no doubt but trust me, even if he flopped there, nobody would remember.

I fail to get the comparison with a player who would most likely set us back atleast 50m and would be needed to adapt almost immediately.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4159) (4160) (4161) (4162) (4163) (4164) (4165) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: YoungB1a(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.