Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,226 members, 7,867,588 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:07 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8884956 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4164) (4165) (4166) (4167) (4168) (4169) (4170) ... (14220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 11:17pm On Jun 06, 2017
The transfer market has gone nuts

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlord2(m): 11:29pm On Jun 06, 2017
joeace2020:
The transfer market has gone nuts

This what we call patriot games! United will never pay this much for morata! They tried de gea for £60m...we told them to _fuck off and now we are now even rating a more important positional acquisition for less money than that of a keeper? It's a _dick measuring contest that they can't win...no worry yourself!

Real need to move bodies in order to get mbappe...their wage bill is heading for Mars! Na them go blink 1st ! Lol..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:36pm On Jun 06, 2017
#BREAKING If Manchester United fail to agree deal for Morata, they will try to sign Andrea Belotti from Torino who has a £87m release clause.

[via @Skysports, @SkyKaveh, @DiMarzio]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:37pm On Jun 06, 2017
Is it true that we made a world record bid for Mbappe?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:40pm On Jun 06, 2017
elampiro:
I pray we don't get him now.. Spend d money on proven strikers already.

Kane, Aub instead of Mbappe

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:51am On Jun 07, 2017
Personally, I would prefer we groom in the kids.

There's no reason why the likes of Harrop, Bufforge, Poole, Gomez shouldn't find themselves in the team next season and if we must bring in players, a CDM is what's mostly needed because we've hardly replaced Carrick in the team. The player I would suggest is Ajax's Donny Van de Beek.

The lad really caught my eye when he came on and injected much more needed tempo and incisive passes into their play unlike the rubbish they were playing in most of the match. I've even checked more of him and have seen that he's really good.

The Van de Beek lad looks comfortable on the ball, defensively solid, can control the tempo of a team and has got fantastic passing range and through balls in his arsenal. He's got good eyes for goals and some wicked shot as well. He ticks all the boxes for me. The only thing is he's young (20yrs) but let's not forget that Verratti was only 19yrs old when he was man handling Barca's midfield and now, he's a household name, another is Rob Holding who was only a 20yrs old defender before he became part of the team that led to Arsenal resurgence.

If we could get him, I would go with a 3-man midfield of:

...............Van De Beek.............
.......Herrera/Harrop - Pogba........

Gomes could always replace Lingard on the right wing while Mkhi/Martial battles it out for the left side. Poole and Tuazenbe could be understudies for the Right Central defence.

And there's this Bufforge lad.. This guy is just too good, a playmaking CM and an attacking midfielder rolled into one with some mad skills on the ball. Now I'm beginning to wish we didn't sign Pogba because the Bufforge lad has got more potentials than him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 2:15am On Jun 07, 2017
elampiro:
Any news around this mbappe guy na just pure lie.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 2:56am On Jun 07, 2017
Morata no suppose pass 40mill,anything above that,make we find another person or just go on with Rashidi as a striker.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 5:16am On Jun 07, 2017
Funlord2:

This what we call patriot games! United will never pay this much for morata! They tried de gea for £60m...we told them to _fuck off and now we are now even rating a more important positional acquisition for less money than that of a keeper? It's a _dick measuring contest that they can't win...no worry yourself!

Real need to move bodies in order to get mbappe...their wage bill is heading for Mars! Na them go blink 1st ! Lol..

Our wage bill is just as bad except we are still the richest club in the world. I think Perez hasn't forgotten fax gate and our effontery to now challenge them unlike those days when we will lie like willing dogs when they come for our best players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:32am On Jun 07, 2017
Odunharry:

I pray we don't get him now.. Spend d money on proven strikers already.

Kane, Aub instead of Mbappe

Then when you are ready to get him, he would become unbuyable. No amount in the world will buy him in two years if he continues to develop.

Currently, it looks like the next generation of football after Ronaldo and Messi belongs to this guy, except if his development stalls.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 5:43am On Jun 07, 2017
Diademk07:

There's no reason why the likes of Harrop, Bufforge, Poole, Gomez shouldn't find themselves in the team next season and if we must bring in players, a CDM is what's mostly needed because we've hardly replaced Carrick in the team. The player I would suggest is Ajax's Donny Van de Beek.

The lad really caught my eye when he came on and injected much more needed tempo and incisive passes into their play unlike the rubbish they were playing in most of the match. I've even checked more of him and have seen that he's really good.

The Van de Beek lad looks comfortable on the ball, defensively solid, can control the tempo of a team and has got fantastic passing range and through balls in his arsenal. He's got good eyes for goals and some wicked shot as well. He ticks all the boxes for me. The only thing is he's young (20yrs) but let's not forget that Verratti was only 19yrs old when he was man handling Barca's midfield and now, he's a household name, another is Rob Holding who was only a 20yrs old defender before he became part of the team that led to Arsenal resurgence.

Gomes could always replace Lingard on the right wing while Mkhi/Martial battles it out for the left side. Poole and Tuazenbe could be understudies for the Right Central defence.

And there's this Bufforge lad.. This guy is just too good, a playmaking CM and an attacking midfielder rolled into one with some mad skills on the ball. Now I'm beginning to wish we didn't sign Pogba because the Bufforge lad has got more potentials than him.

All these are just bollocks. Not happening this season and probably next. There's no way in hell we will be bringing in kids to do men's job. The kids we had last season weren't even delivering enough then we have to draft in more because they have potentials? At a time when we are the richest club in the world, need to return to the summit of English and European football and you are telling us Harrop, Van De Beek, Bufforge and some unknowns are who we should be turning to. This team is very short of quality Players to bed in the young ones. Look at the top teams in the world from Madrid to Bayern to Barca to Juventus. They have star quality all over the pitch for the kids to learn and so its easy for them to come through. Look at us, we have nothing. In defense no leader, in midfield no one.. Carrick is aging and is not a midfield master anymore. In attack, a 35 years old Ibra is who we turn to.. that is the best star name we have and even his effect is felt throughout the squad. Imagine having that on 4 or 5 positions in the squad. Please we don't need more kids now. Maybe in 2 or 3 years from now we will. Besides Mourinho won't waste his time with potential. not when he needs to make a statement. Gone are the days of Class of 92, Ajax 95. Title winning sides buy it with money! Let them wait a little more or go to other cubs where they can get play time. We already have Rashford, Lingard, Tuazenbe, Pereira as the breakthrough kids for now. Enough of Lvg's failed experiment.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 5:53am On Jun 07, 2017
joeace2020:

All these are just bollocks. Not happening this season and probably next. There's no way in hell we will be bringing in kids to do men's job. The kids we had last season weren't even delivering enough then we have to draft in more because they have potentials? At a time when we are the richest club in the world, need to return to the summit of English and European football and you are telling us Harrop, Van De Beek, Bufforge and some unknowns are who we should be turning to. This team is very short of quality Players to bed in the young ones. Look at the top teams in the world from Madrid to Bayern to Barca to Juventus. They have star quality all over the pitch for the kids to learn and so its easy for them to come through. Look at us, we have nothing. In defense no leader, in midfield no one.. Carrick is aging and is not a midfield master anymore. In attack, a 35 years old Ibra is who we turn to.. that is the best star name we have and even his effect is felt throughout the squad. Imagine having that on 4 or 5 positions in the squad. Please we don't need more kids now. Maybe in 2 or 3 years from now we will. Besides Mourinho won't waste his time with potential. not when he needs to make a statement. Gone are the days of Class of 92, Ajax 95. Title winning sides buy it with money! Let them wait a little more or go to other cubs where they can get play time. We already have Rashford, Lingard, Tuazenbe, Pereira as the breakthrough kids for now. Enough of Lvg's failed experiment.

Which of the kids failed? Lingard? Rashford?

And don't come up with Martial who was played in a dysfunctional setup where wingers had to play as wingbacks!

There's no problem playing with quality kids, the only problem is when you have the average ones in the team like Wenger often does with his Walcott et al. Let me remind you that Monaco got to the semi finals with kids, Spurs' players were kids and still is, except that they have added more experience but let's not forget they were given the chance in the first place.. Verratti, Weigl, Mbappe were kids who never looked out of place among the adults.

I have no problem playing with quality kids. Moreover, Van de Beek would always be a better CDM than Herrera who's more of a box-box hustler. Gomes is quite better than Lingard, so what's the fuss?

Should I also remind you that the kids won our match against Crystal palace?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 6:10am On Jun 07, 2017
And tbh, I don't see the likes of Mctominay, Perriera as these intelligent talents out there. Perreira is talented but not intelligent nor quality enough for the first team while Mctominay is in the league of the likes of Redmond, El filtroui, Olosunde.. These players are just bang average players!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 6:22am On Jun 07, 2017
Diademk07:

You have started again ba?

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 6:49am On Jun 07, 2017
Diademk07:

Which of the kids failed? Lingard? Rashford?

And don't come up with Martial who was played in a dysfunctional setup where wingers had to play as wingbacks!

There's no problem playing with quality kids, the only problem is when you have the average ones in the team like Wenger often does with his Walcott et al. Let me remind you that Monaco got to the semi finals with kids, Spurs' players were kids and still is, except that they have added more experience but let's not forget they were given the chance in the first place.. Verratti, Weigl, Mbappe were kids who never looked out of place among the adults.

I have no problem playing with quality kids. Moreover, Van de Beek would always be a better CDM than Herrera who's more of a box-box hustler. Gomes is quite better than Lingard, so what's the fuss?

Should I also remind you that the kids won our match against Crystal palace?

Oh please save us all these. I mentioned returning to top of English and European football. A win over Crystal Palace with kids to lift the tin cup is not something to celebrate and declare that we have arrived. These can't do nothing for us. Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea, United, Inter Milan. These are the teams that have won the champions league for the past 7 years. How many have you seen doing it with kids? Let's not even go further back. In the Final between Madrid and Juventus recently when did Zidane start bringing in the kids? When the men had done the job! How much has the kids coming through at Tottenham done for them? How many did Chelsea feature last season on the way to the title? Or Leicester or Man City. Baba you may have this love-in for kids but i don't. You may do well for a youth coach but if there's one thing you have failed to learn....There are teams that can train kids and bring them up. The current United is not one of them. The Monacos, Ajax's can but once they are picked apart by top teams, they are back down again to start from scratch. That's why they win a trophy every now and then and soon are out till another set of kids come through. They never become a dominant force. How many Barca youth products have come through recently that is a world beater since the times of Messi and Iniesta? If anyone boasts of bringing through kids, they should be the one yet they go into the market spending heavily on players. Because kids can't win you jack anymore. Their front three is one of the most fearsome front three in the world because they invested there and not deceiving themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 7:09am On Jun 07, 2017
joeace2020:

Oh please save us all these. I mentioned returning to top of English and European football. A win over Crystal Palace with kids to lift the tin cup is not something to celebrate and declare that we have arrived. These can't do nothing for us. Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea, United, Inter Milan. These are the teams that have won the champions league for the past 7 years. How many have you seen doing it with kids? Let's not even go further back. In the Final between Madrid and Juventus recently when did Zidane start bringing in the kids? When the men had done the job! How much has the kids coming through at Tottenham done for them? How many did Chelsea feature last season on the way to the title? Or Leicester or Man City. Baba you may have this love-in for kids but i don't. You may do well for a youth coach but if there's one thing you have failed to learn....There are teams that can train kids and bring them up. The current United is not one of them. The Monacos, Ajax's can but once they are picked apart by top teams, they are back down again to start from scratch. That's why they win a trophy every now and then and soon are out till another set of kids come through. They never become a dominant force. How many Barca youth products have come through recently that is a world beater since the times of Messi and Iniesta? If anyone boasts of bringing through kids, they should be the one yet they go into the market spending heavily on players. Because kids can't win you jack anymore. Their front three is one of the most fearsome front three in the world because they invested there and not deceiving themselves.

Returning to kids is the fastest and best way to get back to the top, not by breaking record fees.
Madrid did that for many years and when did they start to get it right? Let's not forget that Barca peeped them to many success by banking on their kids and academy players.

Do you actually think we can compete with Madrid and Barca to sign those worldclass talents out there? There's no way we would ever compete with these big teams to get these players in the first place, rather we would have to settle for second rate players and not to mention that we would have to keep up with the phase of trials and errors with these players like Madrid did before we get it right.

The only way to quickly get back to the top is by going for young players with huge potentials and develop them. Take for instance, If we had snapped up Verratti at the time he was 19yrs, he would have been our very own worldclass player by now and so-on. And it's not like we're small teams like Dortmund, Monaco, Arsenal who can't keep their players. We're most likely going to end up keeping these players.

BTW, I would never trade Gomez, Buffonge, Harrop for anything in these world, these are potential world-class talents! And my suggestion of Donny Van de Beek isn't bad. I saw him came on and looked class apart from his team mates and from our midfielders as well and you're saying what? Abegi..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 7:40am On Jun 07, 2017
Diademk07:

Returning to kids is the fastest and best way to get back to the top, not by breaking record fees.
Madrid did that for many years and when did they start to get it right? Let's not forget that Barca peeped them to many success by banking on their kids and academy players.

Do you actually think we can compete with Madrid and Barca to sign those worldclass talents out there? There's no way we would ever compete with these big teams to get these players in the first place, rather we would have to settle for second rate players and not to mention that we would have to keep up with the phase of trials and errors with these players like Madrid did before we get it right.

The only way to quickly get back to the top is by going for young players with huge potentials and develop them. Take for instance, If we had snapped up Verratti at the time he was 19yrs, he would have been our very own worldclass player by now and so-on. And it's not like we're small teams like Dortmund, Monaco, Arsenal who can't keep their players. We're most likely going to end up keeping these players.

BTW, I would never trade Gomez, Buffonge, Harrop for anything in these world, these are potential world-class talents! And my suggestion of Donny Van de Beek isn't bad. I saw him came on and looked class apart from his team mates and from our midfielders as well and you're saying what? Abegi..

You keep hailing these kids as the next best thing. I'll rather take a punt at a world class 2nd rate talent than kids who 80% of the time never cut it at top clubs. They belong to Dortmund, Monaco and Arsenal which are small clubs that nuture and sell, not united. You keep your 'potential world class talents' gomes, buffonge, harrop, van der beek and many never do wells who we never see make it at united while we go for top stars with talent to take us places.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:41am On Jun 07, 2017
Diademk07:

Moyes and especially LVG for don wreck their gameplay by telling them that passing the ball sideways and holding on to possession is the main essence of the game.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 7:47am On Jun 07, 2017
codedguy1:

Moyes and especially LVG for don wreck their gameplay by telling them that passing the ball sideways and holding on to possession is the main essence of the game.

Who was wrecked under Van gaal? Bastian? He even promoted Iniesta and Xavi!

Don't make laugh at the Herera's resurgence that some folks do parrot on here. You mean a player who turned from a creative player into a defensive player under Mourinho and still often look lost without the creativity of Pogba beside him is the definition of your resurgence?

Smh..

We should probably be talking about how Martial game got ruined in the new setup..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 7:58am On Jun 07, 2017
joeace2020:

You keep hailing these kids as the next best thing. I'll rather take a punt at a world class 2nd rate talent than kids who 80% of the time never cut it at top clubs. They belong to Dortmund, Monaco and Arsenal which are small clubs that nuture and sell, not united. You keep your 'potential world class talents' gomes, buffonge, harrop, van der beek and many never do wells who we never see make it at united while we go for top stars with talent to take us places.

Or possibly go back for them for record breaking fees in the end like we did with Pogba, right?

Let it sink in that developing quality kids has never backfired on any team and has always yielded good fruits. Fergie did it with us, Pep did it with Barca, Pocchetino did it with Spurs and all reaped the fruits. The likes of Dortmund, Monaco, Atletico are doing it presently and it never failed them even though they often had their talents sadly get poached.
However, it doesn't negate the fact that it's still the best way. Atletico is a better team than us presently and they achieved such status by banking on their talented youths.

We all saw how City signed the whole world since the Arab took over but what have they achieved so far? Even Pep has resorted to bringing in the kids and would you say the kids trio of Sane, Sterling and Jesus look out of place among the adults out there? Of course not.

Moreover, Van de Beek looked far better than the likes of Herrera, Pogba and Felliani out there and dominated them and you're here still complaining. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:02am On Jun 07, 2017
Diademk07:

Don't make laugh at the Herera's resurgence which some folks do parrot on here. You mean a player who turned from a creative player into a defensive player under Mourinho and still often look lost without the creativity of Pogba beside him is the definition of your resurgence?

Smh..

We should probably be talking about how Martial game got ruined in the new setup..

When did LVG promote iniesta and Xavi, what year was that?

Soccer has evolved and LVG still wanted to use what worked for him 10 or more years ago to win a trophy in a place like the premiership when it is not a cup competition.

You will always find a wy to bring Herrera into any Convo, your hatred for that guy no be here. Herrera is doing his job fairly OK as an instructed by mourinho and has won several man of the match awards to show that he is doing fine.

Martial will improve.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 8:11am On Jun 07, 2017
codedguy1:

When did LVG promote iniesta and Xavi, what year was that?

Soccer has evolved and LVG still wanted to use what worked for him 10 or more years ago to win a trophy in a place like the premiership when it is not a cup competition.

You will always find a wy to bring Herrera into any Convo, your hatred for that guy no be here. Herrera is doing his job fairly OK as an instructed by mourinho and has won several man of the match awards to show that he is doing fine.

Martial will improve.

Van gaal wrecked no one. They were just not good enough, that's the truth.

We saw the way the same Van gaal's team (without Pogba and Ibra) look against Arsenal and yes, Herrera played the same role he often played under Van gaal yet still failed massively. We were still toothless without Pogba and Herrera looked a toast and invisible like he's always been under LVG. Now, tell me what has changed?

Our midfield consisted of an aged immobile Carrick and Rooney and a defensive player in Herrera to look up to for our creativity and you have the guts to still question Van gaal? Are you nut? It's a miracle Van gaal won the Fa cup with that shite team, Mourinho wouldn't even dream of working with such players, let alone coming up with a trophy with those shite heads.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:32am On Jun 07, 2017
Diademk07:

Van gaal wrecked no one. They were just not good enough, that's the truth.

We saw the way the same Van gaal's team (without Pogba and Ibra) look against Arsenal and yes, Herrera played the same role he often played under Van gaal yet still failed massively. We were still toothless without Pogba and Herrera looked a toast and invisible like he's always been under LVG. Now, tell me what has changed?

Our midfield consisted of an aged immobile Carrick and Rooney and a defensive player in Herrera to look up to for our creativity and you have the guts to still question Van gaal? Are you nut? It's a miracle Van gaal won the Fa cup with that shite team, Mourinho wouldn't even dream of working with such players, let alone coming up with a trophy with those shite heads.

You are asking me if I am nut? Because I have an opinion different from yours. You want to degenerate this conversation into something else this morning.

Am sure if I asked you if you had a very miserable childhood just because of what I think of your own position you wouldn't like it.

Using one game to judge a player in which you think he had a fairly bad game is rather being economical with the truth.

Herrera over the course of this season was rather impressive. If you Dont like it, that you opinion. He cant do nothing right in your sight. So let's not turn this to Herrera bashing conversation.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:34am On Jun 07, 2017
Diademk07:

Or possibly go back for them for record breaking fees in the end like we did with Pogba, right?

Let it sink in that developing quality kids has never backfired on any team and has always yielded good fruits. Fergie did it with us, Pep did it with Barca, Pocchetino did it with Spurs and all reaped the fruits. The likes of Dortmund, Monaco, Atletico are doing it presently and it never failed them even though they often had their talents sadly get poached.
However, it doesn't negate the fact that it's still the best way. Atletico is a better team than us presently and they achieved such status by banking on their talented youths.

We all saw how City signed the whole world since the Arab took over but what have they achieved so far? Even Pep has resorted to bringing in the kids and would you say the kids trio of Sane, Sterling and Jesus look out of place among the adults out there? Of course not.

Moreover, Van de Beek looked far better than the likes of Herrera, Pogba and Felliani out there and dominated them and you're here still complaining. grin

I give up! Tell me the kids besides the Scholes, gigs that he had just before he left that are world beaters. Pep was the barca b coach and when he was promoted he didn't just clear out his first team and throw in the young guys. I hope you are not one of those who doesn't know his barca history cause i am surprised you are mentioning LVG promoting Iniesta and Xavi. Pochettino for all the rubbish praise he receives what has he achieved with the kids? Are we going to remember style of play years from now. At least Monaco, Dortmund and Atletico have a recent league title to their name. Have been in the champions league final or near it recently but you and i know they are still not a dominant force..in their league or in Europe and won't be for the foreseeable future of they keep hoping on kids. I don't want that. I DON'T WANT KIDS LEADING MY TEAM! I don't want to come close every now and then and revel in mediocrity. You can be proud of using young players that win you a trophy every 5 years but i am not. I don't support that type of club. You can complain about city all you want but at least since they have started spending over the years on top talents they have been achieving and winning trophies and let me remind you that the sterling and sane and Jesus they bought weren't some unknowns as you want to make us believe. But even at that with these young known kids brought in, haven't their trophy winning dried up?

Van dark beak or whatever his name is not better than Herrera. There is a reason why Barcelona was interested in him and no pretend analyst who doesn't know how to argue without prejudice can change that.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 9:01am On Jun 07, 2017
joeace2020:

I give up! Tell me the kids besides the Scholes, gigs that he had just before he left that are world beaters. Pep was the barca b coach and when he was promoted he didn't just clear out his first team and throw in the young guys. I hope you are not one of those who doesn't know his barca history cause i am surprised you are mentioning LVG promoting Iniesta and Xavi. Pochettino for all the rubbish praise he receives what has he achieved with the kids? Are we going to remember style of play years from now. At least Monaco, Dortmund and Atletico have a recent league title to their name. Have been in the champions league final or near it recently but you and i know they are still not a dominant force..in their league or in Europe and won't be for the foreseeable future of they keep hoping on kids. I don't want that. I DON'T WANT KIDS LEADING MY TEAM! I don't want to come close every now and then and revel in mediocrity. You can be proud of using young players that win you a trophy every 5 years but i am not. I don't support that type of club. You can complain about city all you want but at least since they have started spending over the years on top talents they have been achieving and winning trophies and let me remind you that the sterling and sane and Jesus they bought weren't some unknowns in some unknowns as you want to make us belief. But even at that with these young known kids brought in, haven't their trophy winning dried up?

Van dark beak or whatever his name is not better than Herrera. There is a reason why Barcelona was interested in him and no pretend analyst who doesn't know how to argue without prejudice can change that.

The Nevilles brothers were what? How about Fletcher abi what are you even smoking? What about Ronaldo? Even Rooney was just an 18yrs at the time he was signed.

And yes, Van gaal promoted Iniesta and also gave Xavi who was a very young player at the time a starting fixed position in his Barca team. Get your facts right!

And when Pep came in, he brought in the inexperienced Messi and made him the focal point of his team, brought in Pique who had little experience at united into his defence, revamp the whole midfield and built it around Xavi and the diminutive Iniesta. He also promoted Busquets!

You talked about Pocchetino not having a trophy but when did he sign for Spurs? Did the likes of Klopp or Simeone have their first trophy in their first stint with Dortmund and Atletico respectively? So what are you implying? Believe me, if Spurs and Monaco can keep their players like Atletico were able to, they would likely become better than us regardless of buying the whole heaven on earth at united. That's the cold truth. We would only end up with mercenaries at the end of the day except if we could bring in ballon d'or obsessed players such as Ronaldo who always tend to give his all in every matches because he has something he's pursuing.

And of course, Barca needs players that can sit out on the bench which is what Herrera would likely become because he's no better than the Gomes they have. What has Herrera done that Gomes hasn't done before his move to Barca? Both were box-box hustlers. That's quite different from a controlling CDM such as Van de beek and there's no way Van de Beek would replace Busquets at Barca.

Someone who got his team's midfield creamed by Ajax u23 team is still rejoicing over the likes of Herrera, Fellaini, Pogba et al. Smh. Do I need to remind you that we have no playmaking CM who can control the midfield out of the three of them?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:09am On Jun 07, 2017
Wouldn't the 78m get you aubameyang instead?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 9:14am On Jun 07, 2017
codedguy1:

You are asking me if I am nut? Because I have an opinion different from yours. You want to degenerate this conversation into something else this morning.

Am sure if I asked you if you had a very miserable childhood just because of what I think of your own position you wouldn't like it.

Using one game to judge a player in which you think he had a fairly bad game is rather being economical with the truth.

Herrera over the course of this season was rather impressive. If you Dont like it, that you opinion. He can do nothing right in your sight. So let's not turn this to Herrera bashing conversation.

Nope, I'm finding it hard to see reason as to why someone would have the guts to question Van gaal when it's not like the same team are pulling trees under Mourinho.

As a matter of fact, half of the team that played under Van gaal were either relegated to the bench or sold off under Mourinho and Van gaal never had an 89mil man in his midfield nor Ibra to replace the ageing immobile Rooney who played as the striker for 3/4 of the season before Rashford emergence around Feb.

And no, Herrera never improved under Mourinho. He's still a poor creative midfielder that he was under Van gaal but with the acquisition of Pogba, he's got his role changed into a defensive one which is what he was in the first place. That's the cold fact and you should stop the revisonism
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:17am On Jun 07, 2017
Diademk7 is making sense, even though he is taking it too far.
These kids are not ready to step up immediately. Buffonge isn't, neither is gomez.

A more realistic and practical approach is the medium to long term method of making major improvements to our scouting system, since it looks like every player in the 'good but not great' bracket seems to be pushing 100m these days.. Lukaku, Morata, Bellotti etc.

Surely this cannot be sustainable.

Buy them before they blow, as many as possible and put in efforts to make the environment right. It is really not rocket science.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 9:19am On Jun 07, 2017
Heavily linked with Fabinho today. Probably the 87th player we've been linked with since last month. He would be a very interesting signing though. I'm not convinced about his strength defensively but he's a very skilled and hard-working midfielder and comfortable at fullback too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:21am On Jun 07, 2017
Instead of allowing Perez use us to bankroll his Mbappe acquisition, why not just even blow the money on the kid yourself

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Baldg: 9:24am On Jun 07, 2017
Diademk07:

Don't make laugh at the Herera's resurgence that some folks do parrot on here. You mean a player who turned from a creative player into a defensive player under Mourinho and still often look lost without the creativity of Pogba beside him is the definition of your resurgence?

Smh..

You sabi. You dey watch well.
The Bucaneering Midfield Maestro Herrera I watched at Bilbao against ManUtd is not the same one now. Did you notice that Herrera's penchant for Outside 18 shots have decreased.
Mourinho has stifled him the more as LVG started it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 9:28am On Jun 07, 2017
PietroRico:
Diademk7 is making sense, even though he is taking it too far.
These kids are not ready to step up immediately. Buffonge isn't, neither is gomez.

A more realistic and practical approach is the medium to long term method of making major improvements to our scouting system, since it looks like every player in the 'good but not great' bracket seems to be pushing 100m these days.. Lukaku, Morata, Bellotti etc.

Surely this cannot be sustainable.

Buy them before they blow, as many as possible and put in efforts to make the environment right. It is really not rocket science.

I'm not even implying that they should be fast tracked immediately.

IIRC, my suggestion was to play a 3-man midfield of Van de beek, Herrera/Harrop and Pogba which isn't a bad thing as the likes of Pogba and Herrera are first teamers already..

I'm still hoping that Harrop would replace Herrera though because he's got the potential to offer much more than just being an hustler who pass to Pogba at every moment like Herrera often does.

And I'm quite certain that Gomez can offer much more than Lingard on the wing.. I can't even remember what age a certain Sterling became Liverpool's don in the attack yet he never looked out of place.. Who says Gomez can't do likewise?

(1) (2) (3) ... (4164) (4165) (4166) (4167) (4168) (4169) (4170) ... (14220) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: afrodoc2 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.