Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,753 members, 7,862,469 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:30 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8869437 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4162) (4163) (4164) (4165) (4166) (4167) (4168) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 9:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
HISTORY REPEATING
The last time Jose mourinho won the UEFA/Europa league:
-Juventus lost a champions league final in a British soil, OLD TRAFFORD, Manchester, this year they also lost at the same stage in a British soil Cardiff, Wales.

-Juventus won seria A and eliminated Barcelona in the Quarterfinals of the champions league

_Real Madrid won Laliga and Athletico Bilbao finished 7th.

- English champions Manchester united were eliminated in the Quarterfinals by a team, that played in the previous year final and based in Madrid, and they are the English team that went furthest in the competition, Leicester city were also eliminated by athletico Madrid in the quarterfinals and they went furthest.

- Arsenal won the FA cup defeating Southampton 1-0, and crashed out if the Champions league at the Round of 16

- Chelsea were beaten by Arsenal in the F A Cup.

- premier league champions 8years prior to that time,Blackburn rovers (1995) finished 6th. Man United were champions 8 years ago 2009 and also sixth

- Sunderland finished bottom, and where relegated,Everton finished 7th with 17 wins, same repeated this year.

Champions league winners Ac Milan eliminated their city rivals inter Milan in the semifinals, in 2003, Real Madrid also eliminated athletico Madrid in the semifinals this year.

Southampton finished 8th and lost a cup final to Arsenal in 2003, they also finished 8th and lost a cup final to man utd this year.

-Bayern won the bundesliga while Dortmund finished 3rd.

- the world cup before that 2002, had
the defending champions France eliminated in the group stages after defeating Italy at Euros 2000., Spain the world Champions were also eliminated at the same stage in 2014, after beating Italy at Euro 2012.
- Cameroon were the African champions.

So it is a pointer that mourinho will win the champions league the following just like he did with FC Porto

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2017
LoRdCaT:
LMAO.. How person go dey ask that kind question? Na dat kind question babe dey ask if she dey watch ball with you. Abeg wetin be the difference between "Baby who is that man(referee)running around without kicking the ball and that guy's question?

gringrin grin Make i no lie, as i see the question, i just waka pass... i no get strength abeg grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 10:53pm On Jun 04, 2017
Oasis007:

grin grin grin

I hope you watch the Highlights, you won't believe the wonderful Pass is made by a Retiree, yet our Captain couldn't convert it.

I saw another one where he headed like his stomach was doing the walking and running.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:01pm On Jun 04, 2017
Happy Birthday Elrony

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:02pm On Jun 04, 2017
joeace2020:

Happy birthday fam.. Wullnp blud. More joys for you from your team next season blud, and more woes to dem enemies fam. Fam blud fam

Thanks fam!!! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:03pm On Jun 04, 2017
Odunharry:
Happy Birthday Elrony

Thanks Sir Odunharry! !! cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 11:22pm On Jun 04, 2017
IRONY,happy birthday .

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlord2(m): 12:03am On Jun 05, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ0pRyAGFnw

Michael Carrick testimonial best bits.....

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:53am On Jun 05, 2017
afrodoc2:

But the point is that what is outrageous is a matter of opinion.
To some Pogba for 89m is outrageous but to others it is not.
Those that said nobody has any right to question the Pogba fee have no right to question any fee paid by the club for any future player. After all "is it your money"?
You can't pick and choose when to use that line because the appropriateness or outrageousness of a fee is a matter of opinion. E.g the release clause for a 1 season wonder like Belotti in my opinion is outrageous but if United pays it the "is it your money" proponents should not complain.

PietroRico thinks 86m for Griezmann is not outrageous while 90 million for Bale is outrageous. What is hypocrisy?

I think 70 million for Griezmann is outrageous. He keeps taking about the value of the player to the team. What makes him think Griezmann would add more value to our current team than Bale? What makes him think Griezmann would even add more value than Chicharito sef?

He talks like Griezmann has been here for three seasons and done 25 goals every season or 20 plus goals like Kane.

So we should all reduce ourselves to Pietrorico's definition of outrageous.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:00am On Jun 05, 2017
dopeJemi:
this adisaowala no get sense I swear grin grin

you and I know exactly what PietroRico is saying, you just no wan gree

What is he saying? Griezmann is not outrageous for 86m due to his own rating that Griezmann is what will give us the EPL and UCL next season? He cannot attack other people who supported other expensive players, then come to force Griezmann on us and telling us not to attack as transfer fee us not our problem.

If I may ask, what makes Griezmann transfer fee at £80m+ not outrageous? Has he scored 25 goals plus for us or any EPL side for three seasons in a row? Even Suarez that the whole world was so sure he would bang in goals was not that expensive.

Pietrorico is applying double standard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 1:03am On Jun 05, 2017
elampiro:

What is he saying? Griezmann is not outrageous for 86m due to his own rating that Griezmann is what will give us the EPL and UCL next season? He cannot attack other people who supported other expensive players, then come to force Griezmann on us and telling us not to attack as transfer fee us not our problem.

If I may ask, what makes Griezmann transfer fee at £80m+ not outrageous? Has he scored 25 goals plus for us or any EPL side for three seasons in a row? Even Suarez that the whole world was so sure he would bang in goals was not that expensive.

Pietrorico is applying double standard.
go and price Suarez now and tell me if he won't be that expensive.
Since we are using old transfer fees why don't we stick with how much athletico bought Griezmann
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 1:07am On Jun 05, 2017
elampiro:

PietroRico thinks 86m for Griezmann is not outrageous while 90 million for Bale is outrageous. What is hypocrisy?

I think 70 million for Griezmann is outrageous. He keeps taking about the value of the player to the team. What makes him think Griezmann would add more value to our current team than Bale? What makes him think Griezmann would even add more value than Chicharito sef?

He talks like Griezmann has been here for three seasons and done 25 goals every season or 20 plus goals like Kane.

So we should all reduce ourselves to Pietrorico's definition of outrageous.
you are one of the most difficult people to argue with not because of any other reason but because it's hard to pass certain information to you.
I obviously outlined why I think 90m for this bale would Be bad investment...attack that post not me.
If you want to argue against why I feel Griezmann is worth that amount, fine by me.

But I would take non of the muddled argument, name calling and unnecessary attacks.
Not this time, likely not anytime soon. Otherwise it will degenerate to something else entirely and I haven't the strength for that
I'm done with this, this will be my last response on this issue.. Feel free to go ahead and brand me however you like
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:07am On Jun 05, 2017
PietroRico:
go and price Suarez now and tell me if he won't be that expensive.
Since we are using old transfer fees why don't we stick with how much athletico bought Griezmann

Even if Suarez cost £120m, Griezmann should still not be more than £60m

Suarez has been consistent since 2012/2013. Even before then, he was a problem to defence even when not scoring, like when he had problems with Evra. Going back to his Ajax days, you would see a consistent player for about a decade.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 1:08am On Jun 05, 2017
elampiro:

Even if Suarez cost £120m, Griezmann should still not be more than £60m

Suarez has been consistent since 2011/2012. Even before then, he was a problem to defence even when not scoring, like when he had problems with Evra. Going back to his Ajax days, you would see a consistent player for about a decade.
OK
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:12am On Jun 05, 2017
Oasis007:
Vidic just powered home a header from Ryan Giggs' Corner. Chai!

You Guys are really missed! There is no Hope of scoring from Set-pieces again at United!

I hope Smalling, Jones and Co are watching and learning?!

I have been saying same thing since that we haven't good headers anymore.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:16am On Jun 05, 2017
PietroRico:
you are one of the most difficult people to argue with not because of any other reason but because it's hard to pass certain information to you.
I obviously outlined why I think 90m for this bale would Be bad investment...attack that post not me.
If you want to argue against why I feel Griezmann is worth that amount, fine by me.

But I would take non of the muddled argument, name calling and unnecessary attacks.
Not this time, likely not anytime soon. Otherwise it will degenerate to something else entirely and I haven't the strength for that
I'm done with this, this will be my last response on this issue.. Feel free to go ahead and brand me however you like

I didn't see the post where you said Bale is not worth that amount with analysis.

Again, that would be your opinion. Did you accept my analysis over several pages why I said Griezmann is not worth that much. You didn’t accept mine but you want me to accept yours.

You see what we are saying. It must be your own.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 1:19am On Jun 05, 2017
elampiro:

I didn't see the post where you said Bale is not worth that amount with analysis.

Again, that would be your opinion. Did you accept my analysis over several pages why I said Griezmann is not worth that much. You didn’t accept mine but you want me to accept yours.

You see what we are saying. It must be your own.
I'm not sure forcing you or anyone to to accept anything. I'm stating my opinion, if you don't agree.. No wahala. No be by force.

But a better argument will go in that direction. Not the mish mashed thing you put up there.
Abeg, no dey make me behave like you..i have already called it quits on this. No allow me Come back grin

Have a good night's rest sir
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 4:38am On Jun 05, 2017
CapitalCee:
HISTORY REPEATING
The last time Jose mourinho won the UEFA/Europa league:
-Juventus lost a champions league final in a British soil, OLD TRAFFORD, Manchester, this year they also lost at the same stage in a British soil Cardiff, Wales.

-Juventus won seria A and eliminated Barcelona in the Quarterfinals of the champions league

_Real Madrid won Laliga and Athletico Bilbao finished 7th.

- English champions Manchester united were eliminated in the Quarterfinals by a team, that played in the previous year final and based in Madrid, and they are the English team that went furthest in the competition, Leicester city were also eliminated by athletico Madrid in the quarterfinals and they went furthest.

- Arsenal won the FA cup defeating Southampton 1-0, and crashed out if the Champions league at the Round of 16

- Chelsea were beaten by Arsenal in the F A Cup.

- premier league champions 8years prior to that time,Blackburn rovers (1995) finished 6th. Man United were champions 8 years ago 2009 and also sixth

- Sunderland finished bottom, and where relegated,Everton finished 7th with 17 wins, same repeated this year.

Champions league winners Ac Milan eliminated their city rivals inter Milan in the semifinals, in 2003, Real Madrid also eliminated athletico Madrid in the semifinals this year.

Southampton finished 8th and lost a cup final to Arsenal in 2003, they also finished 8th and lost a cup final to man utd this year.

-Bayern won the bundesliga while Dortmund finished 3rd.

- the world cup before that 2002, had
the defending champions France eliminated in the group stages after defeating Italy at Euros 2000., Spain the world Champions were also eliminated at the same stage in 2014, after beating Italy at Euro 2012.
- Cameroon were the African champions.

So it is a pointer that mourinho will win the champions league the following just like he did with FC Porto
Hehehehe

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 7:59am On Jun 05, 2017
GloryIsaac:

gringrin grin Make i no lie, as i see the question, i just waka pass... i no get strength abeg grin grin
You see, I better pass you sef. At least I give am audience cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 8:28am On Jun 05, 2017
joeace2020:

Happy birthday fam.. Wullnp blud. More joys for you from your team next season blud, and more woes to dem enemies fam. Fam blud fam
Buhahahaha.. you wan wonjure me with laugh this early morning? grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:00am On Jun 05, 2017
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 05, 2017
LoRdCaT:
You see, I better pass you sef. At least I give am audience cheesy grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:24am On Jun 05, 2017
Leyqute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ--t2CFNxY

Baba still has it.
Watching the highlights almost made to start swearing for all these senseless players we are having now. Aswear Scholars and Giggs will walk into this team easily.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 05, 2017
Amazing! To think that he can still fire on for the next 3 years says alot about the kind of player he is.
At almost same age and same bright start, Wayne Rooney has gone from worse to worst and now, even his shadows are afraid to join him on the pitch for fear of the embarrassment he has become.

This comment about Rooney though cheesy grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 12:04pm On Jun 05, 2017
LoRdCaT:
Buhahahaha.. you wan wonjure me with laugh this early morning? grin grin

Lol. Looking forward to Arsenal fan TV next season. E go sweet die
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:20pm On Jun 05, 2017
MARTIAL NOT LEAVING UTD

Anthony Martial's agent has poured scorn on speculation linking the Manchester United forward with an exit this summer.

A testing second season, which yielded just eight goals and public criticism from manager Jose Mourinho, has seen question marks rise over Martial's future.

But his agent, Philippe Lamboley, told Journal du Dimanche: "Martial has two years left and there is no reason for him to leave Manchester today.

"If [executive vice-chairman] Ed Woodward tells me they want him to leave, things are different. But that is not what he told me during our last meeting."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 4:54pm On Jun 05, 2017
Very sad news about Cheick Tiote. cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:21pm On Jun 05, 2017
MRTA7:
Very sad news about Cheick Tiote. cry

embarassed cry

May his Soul rest in perfect Peace!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:30pm On Jun 05, 2017
Mehn! Very sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by paafin(m): 6:30pm On Jun 05, 2017
RIP Cheik Tiote!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 6:38pm On Jun 05, 2017
R.I.P tiote
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 9:55pm On Jun 05, 2017
Funlord2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ0pRyAGFnw

Michael Carrick testimonial best bits.....

just look at Gary Neville hahahahaha he pitied himself in the end

(1) (2) (3) ... (4162) (4163) (4164) (4165) (4166) (4167) (4168) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: viciati(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.