Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8735754 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4412) (4413) (4414) (4415) (4416) (4417) (4418) ... (14149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 8:13pm On Aug 26, 2017
lukaku will be a bench player for City.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 8:14pm On Aug 26, 2017
Rashford and miki wont see shirt in City.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 8:15pm On Aug 26, 2017
matic and herrara wont even see bench for City.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 8:15pm On Aug 26, 2017
MAN CITY IS BOMB.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:16pm On Aug 26, 2017
Godstraight:
burnley beat 9-man injury ridden Chelsea,compare to last season loss to cryatal palace,arsenal are always arsenal, tottenhan had 87 points last season and didn't still win the league.

Please stick to the point of your argument. You said it's possible all top 6 teams will also beat the smaller teams below them which i have told you in the 25 seasons of the premier league has never happened. Fact!

I don't control events in a match.. Everton got a red card against city but held out for a draw, you can use all the excuse you want for the other teams besides united but the fact is after 3 games, almost all the big teams have already dropped points against the socalled small teams united is dealing with week in week out,home and away!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:16pm On Aug 26, 2017
slimghost:
please let no soul criticise Jones today. Dude was terrific. Only Blind was constantly caught out of position.
My MOTM should be Jones!!

It's normal that Blind was caught out of position coz he was helping out in attack. Leicester crowded their 18-yard box and Blind had to be up there to help whip in few crosses. He's caught out of position because Leicester just defend and kick the ball out with hope of counter-attacking us. They didn't come out to play. If Blind decided to not join the attack, his crosses wouldn't have happened.

Good thing is we have Bailly and Jones, two pacy and very strong defenders to thwart counters.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:18pm On Aug 26, 2017
Please ignore the Neymar troll... na who go follow an quarrel him dey find. #attentionseekers

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 8:18pm On Aug 26, 2017
MRTA7:

Jones has always been our best defender. Problem is keeping his fitness. Who is to blame for that DDG save chance at the end?

Phil Jones has always been the most solid defender in this team and the most comfortable on the ball. The problem with Jones is he can't stay fit to save his life and gets injured easily.
Mourinho knows this and this is probably the reason he signed Lindelof as cover for Jones. Smalling is another option.
Things are looking good so far.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:19pm On Aug 26, 2017
sinizia:

The Jones I saw today was superb. Even when he lost Mahrez, he recovered in time to foil Mahrez' last attempt. Bailly-Jones partnership is looking like the real deal. I hope they keep it up.

Please don't misunderstand me. Jones did okay but I saw him out of position on two occasions which could've cost us dearly. Overall he was okay.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 8:19pm On Aug 26, 2017
MRTA7:

Jones has always been our best defender. Problem is keeping his fitness. Who is to blame for that DDG save chance at the end?

Mou has to manage his (Jones) game time properly this season. He should be advised to reduce his recklessness and rash challenges during training sessions.

I believe that Bailly made a wrong decision in relation to DDG's save towards the end. He tried to close down the opponent without noting that he messed up the defence line therefore playing everyone onside. Also, Tony V could have been closer to the Leicester player that crossed the ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 8:20pm On Aug 26, 2017
Mendy and Walker fullbacks pairing is d best in epl.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:21pm On Aug 26, 2017
Vanquay:
Lingard SHOT the ball at FellaiKnee and the tree deflected it in, Two rubbish players grin

You wan begin disturb after watching highlights. Please let us that watch the matched do the rating. You do the observing till next match you watch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 8:21pm On Aug 26, 2017
Leyqute:

Please don't misunderstand me. Jones did okay but I saw him out of position on two occasions which could've cost us dearly. Overall he was okay.

He had to cover for Blind or you want him to mind his business? grin

Jones has been our best defender this season. He was excellent today, better than "okay".

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:22pm On Aug 26, 2017
The best thing do far this season is that our subs are now contributing to our victories.

Last searing during our "drawfest", even when Mourinho introduced our subs, we still ended up drawing the match.

But this season, from our first match till now, our subs have been great, scoring for fun when they came on. I just love how our goals are spread out so everyone can contribute. No more Zlatan's dependence. Ukaku missed a PK and yet we won. I love it like this.

Bailly and Jones should be treated with utmost care lest they get injured. Those two are too much. Power, pace, brutality and mean. What a combo. If they continue like this, I just dey pity for Smalling future.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 8:22pm On Aug 26, 2017
Neymar1095:
Mendy and Walker fullbacks pairing is d best in epl.

Dude!

They have not started together this season, so how did you come up with your conclusion?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:23pm On Aug 26, 2017
This is the only forum i know off where on the very same match day people will be criticizing players even when the team dominated and won. Y'all can't even keep the arguments till another day..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibime(m): 8:24pm On Aug 26, 2017
Is Herrera still better than Kante?

Matic just did proof by induction.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:24pm On Aug 26, 2017
olabode89:

Dude!

They have not started together this season, so how did you come up with your conclusion?

I warned earlier not to quote the troll. He can't back the statements he is making, he just needs to rile united fans up and get some quotes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:24pm On Aug 26, 2017
MRTA7:

Bailly left his position in the 6 yard box to try and close out the crosser. When a CB does that he HAS to stop the cross otherwise he risks exposing his GK to a tap in scenario like today.
Bailly and Jones are our best CBs, not Rojo and definitely no Smalling. Jones should see TBJ to remain fit and Bailly has to learn to be patient and slightly less cavalier in possession.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:25pm On Aug 26, 2017
elampiro:

Jones was excellent. I think may be some people begin watching a match with the intention of finding fault to criticize some players. Jones made last man aerial clearances that if he had not read the game properly, we would have conceded from a header. He also was magnificent with his tackles.

It was Blind who always went out of position, which meant which means Jones had to cover for him, thereby making Jones to come one vs one with Mahrez. A central defender should not be allowed to face a forward one vs one without anyone behind to cover up any eventuality. Particularly when it is a good dribbler like Mahrez.

Look at how Valencia always on hand to form a twin with Bailly on the other end making it hard for any one to get past both. That was why Leicester resorted to crossing from that wing, which Jones headed all away.

Valencia went forward many times. I dont understand what you meant he should have been going forward. All the early threats in the match was because Valencia left his marker, which the commentor mentioned.

Martial put in 6 crosses and non connected, and he was the one gifted the most space to utilize for a perfect cross.

Remember Valencia is a full back, not a winger. And he was playing with a left footer ahead of him. Marta had to cut back all the time.

About Jones, see what I said ^^.

About Valencia, he was lacking going forward. Most times, he had no clue what to do and kept passing backward.

You said Martial had less crosses than Valencia, yes, but his crosses were far more Dangerous. Pogba connected well with one in the first half but it didn't end in the back of the net. Most of Valencia's crosses were aimed at the leg of the man in front of him. We've been complaining about this for ages. It's the same today.

Even if you have a leftie in front of you, there's enough space to play a quick 1-2 pass with Pogba who was always available in midfield

I tell you, if the game had ended goalless guys would be demanding for his head on a plate at the moment.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 8:25pm On Aug 26, 2017
Double post.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 8:25pm On Aug 26, 2017
Considering the fact that this United team still has Luke Shaw,Ashley Young,Marcus Rojo and Zlatan Ibrahimovic to come back in the second half of the season is a very fearful prospect for our rivals.
Jose is cooking some serious stuff here.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:26pm On Aug 26, 2017
olabode89:

He had to cover for Blind or you want him to mind his business? grin

Jones has been our best defender this season. He was excellent today, better than "okay".

Then he should've minded his business and leave Mahrez to score. See talk. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:27pm On Aug 26, 2017
olabode89:

Mou has to manage his (Jones) game time properly this season. He should be advised to reduce his recklessness and rash challenges during training sessions.

I believe that Bailly made a wrong decision in relation to DDG's save towards the end. He tried to close down the opponent without noting that he messed up the defence line therefore playing everyone onside. Also, Tony V could have been closer to the Leicester player that crossed the ball.

I think that's Gray. Tony V was probably exhausted that's why he got the better of him. The Gray guy is skillful, pacy and came on late, so he had his full strength with him. That's why.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2017
sinizia:
The best thing do far this season is that our subs are now contributing to our victories.

Last searing during our "drawfest", even when Mourinho introduced our subs, we still ended up drawing the match.

But this season, from our first match till now, our subs have been great, scoring for fun when they came on. I just love how our goals are spread out so everyone can contribute. No more Zlatan's dependence. Ukaku missed a PK and yet we won. I love it like this.

Bailly and Jones should be treated with utmost care lest they get injured. Those two are too much. Power, pace, brutality and mean. What a combo. If they continue like this, I just dey pity for Smalling future.

I think it has to do with our improved gameplay coupled with an up in the tempo of our play.

Food for thought... all through 2016/17 season we scored just 13 goals in the last 20 mins of our matches. This season in 3 matches we have scored 7 goals in the last 20 mins of play.

Smalling and Lindelof will both get enough game time. From next month we will be playing 2 games a week.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2017
olabode89:

Dude!

Stop wasting your valuable time on that troll.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2017
joeace2020:

You wan begin disturb after watching highlights. Please let us that watch the matched do the rating. You do the observing till next match you watch.

A goal or an assist doesn't mean a player is any less shit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 8:30pm On Aug 26, 2017
Leyqute:

Then he should've minded his business and leave Mahrez to score. See talk. undecided

Bros... relax, read your comment that I quoted, read my reply and lastly, read your last post.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 8:34pm On Aug 26, 2017
olabode89:

Mhki is on his way to 15 to 20 assists this season in all competition.

5 down... 15 to go... grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:35pm On Aug 26, 2017
Ibime:

Hererra's bench matter for me, is down to Mhikitaryan playing constantly as a 10 this season. A link I dropped this morning showed that Mourinho played Mhiki as a winger so many times last season, with Pogba given the AM in many matches. In some matches, Mourinho would play Carrick and Herrera as the DMs while Pogba is played behind Zlatan. But with Mhiki back as a 10, Pogba rightfully untouchable, and Matic being Mourinho's adopted son, Hererra and Carrick ended up as the losers.

The Madrid game also didn't do Herrera any good with Matic ending up exceling in that match. I feel for him, but Mou shouldn't alter this winning formula at all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 8:38pm On Aug 26, 2017
Ibime:

Only a sentimental being will compare Herrera to Kante. This is the sole reason I hate stat, it doesn't really tell the story. With stat an average joe will be compare to his superior. Herrera is trying to impress kind of player he do not have that X factor in his play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:38pm On Aug 26, 2017
Mourinho expresses "tremendous respect" for the "blue wall"

A trailer man will always recognize another trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC0jHv2jISY

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4412) (4413) (4414) (4415) (4416) (4417) (4418) ... (14149) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.