Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4414) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8715510 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4411) (4412) (4413) (4414) (4415) (4416) (4417) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Godstraight(m): 7:18pm On Aug 26, 2017
MRTA7:
Excellent so far. Key for this season is beating the teams outside the top 7 teams home and away. If we do that consistently we'll win the league. If not we have no chance.
and what if other teams in the top 6 do the same
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:19pm On Aug 26, 2017
Nice save De Gae.

Another clean sheet.

STOKE AND EVERTON NEXT

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 7:23pm On Aug 26, 2017
Ten goals scored,none conceedef,nine points from three matches.
Hee! Hee! This season will be interesting.
The substitutions of Rashford and Fellaini finally broke through the parked Leicester blue bus.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by metodman(m): 7:24pm On Aug 26, 2017
Attack against us and get four goals. ... defend and get two.

Your choice!

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 7:24pm On Aug 26, 2017
Godstraight:

Well, liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham and arsenal have not so far. So....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:25pm On Aug 26, 2017
Odunharry:
Jones.
That was not Jones na. It was Blind
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 7:27pm On Aug 26, 2017
3pts, another clean sheet and a solid all round performance. I will take that.

3 matches 10 goals scored, none conceded. awesome.

We desperately need a RW tho, Valencia can't cross for his life and Mata loves drifting in more than anything. LB is also an area we need better option. I wish Rojo is fit since Shaw can't be trusted to stay fit to save his life.

upward and next.

GGMU

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 7:29pm On Aug 26, 2017
RuffRuggedRaw:
Danfo. Please just drop those my equipment here first. Let me quickly check that party address well again.

grin

Una no wan party again? Jobless lots.grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 7:33pm On Aug 26, 2017
macjireh:
ogbolor united haf started again..... LOL
Because a Football match now lasts for 45 minutes right?

YOUR HEAD IS FULL OF RELAXER. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:33pm On Aug 26, 2017
Odunharry:

Jones.

It was Blind spinning like a turntable. Why can't we go for this Mahrez guy sef since JM wants a winger. Let him and Mata rotate that RW spot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:34pm On Aug 26, 2017
It's a good thing we're playing the way we are. The difference in our play at the moment from last season's is glaring. I especially like the fact that everybody is contributing the goals.

Despite Lukaku missing the penalty and other chances we've managed to win.

We've only played 3 games and 6 players already have their names on the score sheet - Rash, Martial, Pogbs, Luqs, Fellaini, and Bailly.

More goals lads!

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:35pm On Aug 26, 2017
RuffRuggedRaw:
Danfo. Please just drop those my equipment here first. Let me quickly check that party address well again.

grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2017
It was almost an excellent game, particularly the first half. Even if we drew the game I would still have praised the team.

Martial did a good work with his build up play with other players.

Phil Jones did almost excellent against Mahrez. The only time Mahrez got past, Jones actually dispossessed him and in return missed step to lose the ball. Otherwise it was a master class today from Jones.

Valencia is over criticized. He had two occasions he could have put in a better cross, he stamped when he was trying to pick a team mate rather than just put in a cross. Valencia usually try to pick a team mate, that's why he finishes the league as the player who got most cross accuracy in the whole EPL. Unlike those Sterling, De Bruyne, Townsend, Oxlaid, etc who usually just whip in crosses. We should not forget the defence was so tight today that even Mkhitaryan's crosses went to the goalkeeper instead, and Martial also stamped.

Good team play, good football from Manchester United today.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Godstraight(m): 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2017
MRTA7:

Well, liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham and arsenal have not so far. So....
so far is just 3 matchday,last season Chelsea won 30 out 38 games in the league, arecord in epl,their first 6 games were 3 wins,1 draw, 2 loses.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 7:42pm On Aug 26, 2017
Godstraight:

Where have you been? Under a rock? Burnley beat Chelsea.. Stoke beat Arsenal, Liverpool drew Watford! All top 6 teams cannot in any universe beat the remaining teams. One must and will always falter.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:42pm On Aug 26, 2017
elampiro:
It was almost an excellent game, particularly the first half. Even if we drew the game I would still have praised the team.

Phil Jones did almost excellent against Mahrez. The only time Mahrez got past, Jones actually dispossessed him and in return missed step to lose the ball. Otherwise it was a master class today from Jones.

Valencia is over criticized. He had two occasions he could have put in a better cross, he stamped when he was trying to pick a team mate rather than just put in a cross. Valencia usually try to pick a team mate, that's why anything end he finishes the league as the player who got most cross accuracy in the whole EPL. Unlike those Sterling, De Bruyne, Townsend, Oxlaid, etc who usually just whip in crosses. We should not forget the defence was so tight today that even Mkhitaryan's crosses went to the goalkeeper instead, and Martial also stamped.

Elamps, we know you have favorites, but let's be open-minded.

I'd Jones did okay but he was caught out of position on several occasions. If Mahrez had gotten that pass a split second earlier he could've punished us severely. However, he covered up quickly and saved the team.

Also, Valencia is not unduly criticized. He was sub par. Failed to drive forward on many occasions when he had the chance to and couldn't deliver his crosses well. I'd say Blind's crosses were far more dangerous than his.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Geestunnar(m): 7:48pm On Aug 26, 2017
The kind "L" wey all dis haters chop dis night is just sensational!

GGMU Baby!!!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:51pm On Aug 26, 2017
motm for me na jones
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Godstraight(m): 7:51pm On Aug 26, 2017
joeace2020:

Where have you been? Under a rock? Burnley beat Chelsea.. Stoke beat Arsenal, Liverpool drew Watford! All top 6 teams cannot in any universe beat the remaining teams. One must and will always falter.
burnley beat 9-man injury ridden Chelsea,compare to last season loss to cryatal palace,arsenal are always arsenal, tottenhan had 87 points last season and didn't still win the league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:52pm On Aug 26, 2017
Top of the table baby!

3 games, 3 clean sheets, 9 points, 10 goals and counting!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:55pm On Aug 26, 2017
grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:55pm On Aug 26, 2017
Leyqute:

I'd Jones did okay but he was caught out of position on several occasions. If Mahrez had gotten that pass a split second earlier he could've punished us severely. However, he covered up quickly and saved the team.

Also, Valencia is not unduly criticized. He was sub par. Failed to drive forward on many occasions when he had the chance to and couldn't deliver his crosses well. I'd say Blind's crosses were far more dangerous than his.

Jones was excellent. I think may be some people begin watching a match with the intention of finding fault to criticize some players. Jones made last man aerial clearances that if he had not read the game properly, we would have conceded from a header. He also was magnificent with his tackles.

It was Blind who always went out of position, which meant which means Jones had to cover for him, thereby making Jones to come one vs one with Mahrez. A central defender should not be allowed to face a forward one vs one without anyone behind to cover up any eventuality. Particularly when it is a good dribbler like Mahrez.

Look at how Valencia always on hand to form a twin with Bailly on the other end making it hard for any one to get past both. That was why Leicester resorted to crossing from that wing, which Jones headed all away.

Valencia went forward many times. I dont understand what you meant he should have been going forward. All the early threats in the match was because Valencia left his marker, which the commentor mentioned.

Martial put in 6 crosses and non connected, and he was the one gifted the most space to utilize for a perfect cross.

Remember Valencia is a full back, not a winger. And he was playing with a left footer ahead of him. Marta had to cut back all the time.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Geestunnar(m): 7:57pm On Aug 26, 2017
LoRdCaT:
Because a Football match now lasts for 45 minutes right?

YOUR HEAD IS FULL OF RELAXER. undecided

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 8:04pm On Aug 26, 2017
please let no soul criticise Jones today. Dude was terrific. Only Blind was constantly caught out of position.
My MOTM should be Jones!!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:05pm On Aug 26, 2017
Leyqute:

The Jones I saw today was superb. Even when he lost Mahrez, he recovered in time to foil Mahrez' last attempt. Bailly-Jones partnership is looking like the real deal. I hope they keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 26, 2017
If you start Rashford he won't score, if you start Martial he won't score grin but one thing is certain...Your are in Trouble.

Nice game, Haven't watch it yet.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 26, 2017
At this stage, Fellaini will become a club legend. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 8:08pm On Aug 26, 2017
Godstraight:
so far is just 3 matchday,last season Chelsea won 30 out 38 games in the league, arecord in epl,their first 6 games were 3 wins,1 draw, 2 loses.

I don't think you understood my original post.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 8:08pm On Aug 26, 2017
The team has improved tremendously. Last season,faced with this kind of bus parking opposition, the team would have recorded a draw.
We need to credit Jose for building such an impressive team. So far so good. We are now playing like one of the championship winning teams of Sir Alex.
We are playing football,the United way and our rivals know how dangerous Jose Mourinho teams can be if they are allowed to build a big points gap.
By the way Fellaini and Matic were very good today. Phil Jones too

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:11pm On Aug 26, 2017
Jones was rocksolid today. I give him 9/10. He's covering both his position and that of Blind's when Blind was attacking. Even Valencia was great today save for some few bad crosses.

The scoreline didn't do justice to our performance. We dominated and outclassed Leicester all through. The only thing we lacked was goals. We couldn't convert our chances.

Everyone played okay, even Mata I castigated played very well. Blind had few bad moments but he supported the attack very well. Leicester were parking the bus so it ended up frustrating our game plan. Kudos to the lads, they got the job done. Another assist for Mhikitaryan.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 8:11pm On Aug 26, 2017
elampiro:

Valencia is over criticized. He had two occasions he could have put in a better cross, he stamped when he was trying to pick a team mate rather than just put in a cross. Valencia usually try to pick a team mate, that's why he finishes the league as the player who got most cross accuracy in the whole EPL. Unlike those Sterling, De Bruyne, Townsend, Oxlaid, etc who usually just whip in crosses. We should not forget the defence was so tight today that even Mkhitaryan's crosses went to the goalkeeper instead, and Martial also stamped.

Jones has always been our best defender. Problem is keeping his fitness. Who is to blame for that DDG save chance at the end?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 26, 2017
Lingard SHOT the ball at FellaiKnee and the tree deflected it in, Two rubbish players grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (4411) (4412) (4413) (4414) (4415) (4416) (4417) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Oasis007(m), Stivoh(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.