Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,842 members, 7,862,760 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:08 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8870837 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4525) (4526) (4527) (4528) (4529) (4530) (4531) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:08am On Sep 27, 2017
funlord:

Griezmann is ready to bounce from Athletico now that diego costa has finally arrived from chelsea! A january or summer arrival is imminent!

Another person who can put the ball in the back of the net. His arrival will relegate Mata to the bench and the right wing will still be dead.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:12am On Sep 27, 2017
Leyqute:

You shade me, I shade you. You retaliate, I retaliate. You say something nasty and I repay the complement. Then you start digging up the internet looking for my nude pics.

Nah bro. I don't do bants with some people. grin

-------------------------------------

The possession stats you posted up there shows a split with Everton and a domination against Southampton. If you don't notice the drop, I weep for you. We have to thank Jah Everton didn't equalize when we were a goal up, else things would've turned sour for us.

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 8:18am On Sep 27, 2017
Leyqute:

-------------------------------------

The possession stats you posted up there shows a split with Everton and a domination against Southampton. If you don't notice the drop, I weep for you.

We have to thank Jah Everton didn't equalize when we were a goal up, else things would've turned sour for us

And you know this how? Are you nastradamus? Keep noticing drops...I prefer to notice points and goals!

If you notice I never even commented once about all the tears some of you were shedding over the southampton performance...guess why? The 3 points was as comforting to me as a mother's bosom is to a baby!

It is pointless for me to now start to think that such a performance is the barometer that I will use in judging the team for the rest of the season! I've seen it all before....the performance against fulham away in 2007/08 when cr7 had to bail us out in a game that sent us on a run to win the title? Scholesy scoring in almost 5 consecutive games that helped us rein in arsenals 13 point lead and still end up winning the league in 2003! I see things different from most of you here....maybe it is because experience breeds confidence...I stand with jose, my team, uniteds performances and the boards descisions...its _fucking September for Christ's sake!

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 8:27am On Sep 27, 2017
dopeJemi:

Saturday's performance was drab, we all know that. but why blow it out of proportion? bar Southampton, which other average team did we park the bus against? cause I don't seem to understand this "park the bus against average teams" you guys keep talking about

Are people still on this issue?

United fans are some of the most complex people.
In as much as I appreciate divergence of views, there should be balance in every argument. As it stands lots of folks have gone overboard.

I just don't get this hysteria that has suddenly befallen this thread, especially since the game in question was nearly four days ago. I would have thought peeps would have gotten this whole fiasco out of their system.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 8:29am On Sep 27, 2017
funlord:

1: Man united vs leicester: possession 69% leicester 31%

2: man u vs stoke: possession 63% stoke 37%

3:man u vs Basel: possession 61% Basel 39%

4 : man u vs everton: possession 49% everton 51%

5: man u vs Burton: possession 69% Burton 31%

6: man u vs southampton : possession 39% southampton 61%

Bus parkers?

You should have added the score-lines to those games. Then it would really be absurd
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 8:32am On Sep 27, 2017
hoopLA:

You should have added the score-lines to those games. Then it would really be absurd

No need! Their gripe was over the possession not goals!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:34am On Sep 27, 2017
Leyqute:

You've started again.

What if you park the bus and get beat? You don't think that's possible? You were probably happy when we were toothless and beaten by Madrid in the Supercup.

If you believe parking the bus against average teams is the way to go, good for you. It's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But don't overly criticise those that believe otherwise, they have their opinions too.

And this has nothing to do about the poor performances I've been yapping on about. Even if you park bus, use sense. Don't lose possession easily, threaten the opponent when you get the ball, etc.

Madrid defended for most part of their game against Dortmund but when it was time to attack they hit the Germans under the belt. A team who have surrendered the game and is playing poorly will never do that.

Maybe those folks will soon rudely tell me to go support Madrid now since I've used them to buttress one of my points.

No vex. Let's not over hype the argument. I understand your argument and truly performances such as that at St Mary's is a recipe for bad results. But try to understand us, in the game of football result is most important, Chesea packed the bus ceeding possession to the opposition enroute their UCL victory, that trophy is what people remember now. That pack the bus tactics we applied was a plan B which Ferguson ussually use to strifle teams that relentlessly come at us and it has been effective. On their day Fergie team will tear you apart with goals, but in some occasions they resort to ugly wins exactly like what you saw on Saturday, Yes, if not even worse. Go and rewatch our 1999 finals with Bayern, they pinned us for several mins bombarding us and Even scored, we have Schmeichel to thank for the scoreline remaining 1-nil till sherigham and ole did the damage. If we had come out to challenge them, it might have been a loss, with entertaining football like the 2 Barca finals, analysts will applaud your bravery but by now their will be no treble, there will be no knighthood for Ferguson.
I can go on and on with more instances for you. Klopp has not won anything with his ghen ghen pressing. But vangaal and Jose has won 3 TROPHIES with their dull football overtaking Liverpool as the most successful club in Britain in the process.
Good football is most welcomed but must come with results, and an occasional ugly wins are neccesary to confer versatility and flexibility.
But brother i Respect your opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:34am On Sep 27, 2017
funlord:

And you know this how? Are you nastradamus? Keep noticing drops...I prefer to notice points and goals!

If you notice I never even commented once about all the tears some of you were shedding tears over the southampton performance...guess why? The 3 points was as comforting to me as a mother's bosom is to a baby!

It is pointless for me to now start to think that such a performance is the barometer that I will use in judging the team for the rest of the season! I've seen it all before....the performance against fulham away in 2007/08 when cr7 had to bail us out in a game that sent us on a run to win the title? Scholesy scoring in almost 5 consecutive games that helped us rein in arsenals 13 point lead and still end up winning the league in 2003! I see things different from most of you here....maybe it is because experience breeds confidence...I stand with jose, my team, uniteds performances and the boards descisions...its _fucking September for Christ's sake!

Did you see me complain like this after the match against Everton and Stoke?

No one wishes Utd bad and I certainly am not going to judge the rest of the season based on the performance of this month. I just want to see improvements in game play, mentality and spirit, is that too much to ask?!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 8:38am On Sep 27, 2017
funlord:

No need! Their gripe was over the possession not goals!

Just to emphasize how unnecessary that argument is. We drew only ONE of those games. Maybe when we have 80% average possession they will be satisfied, just like the fellow who prefers an entertaining draw over a win like Saturday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:42am On Sep 27, 2017
CapitalCee:

No vex. Let's not over hype the argument. I understand your argument and truly performances such as that at St Mary's is a recipe for bad results. But try to understand us, in the game of football result is most important, Chesea packed the bus ceeding possession to the opposition enroute their UCL victory, that trophy is what people remember now. That pack the bus tactics we applied was a plan B which Ferguson ussually use to strifle teams that relentlessly come at us and it has been effective. On their day Fergie team will tear you apart with goals, but in some occasions they resort to ugly wins exactly like what you saw on Saturday, Yes, if not even worse. Go and rewatch our 1999 finals with Bayern, they pinned us for several mins bombarding us and Even scored, we have Schmeichel to thank for the scoreline remaining 1-nil till sherigham and ole did the damage. If we had come out to challenge them, it might have been a loss, with entertaining football like the 2 Barca finals, analysts will applaud your bravery but by now their will be no treble, there will be no knighthood for Ferguson.
I can go on and on with more instances for you. Klopp has not won anything with his ghen ghen pressing. But vangaal and Jose has won 3 TROPHIES with their dull football overtaking Liverpool as the most successful club in Britain in the process.
Good football is most welcomed but must come with results, and an occasional ugly is neccesary to confer versatility and flexibility.
But brother i Respect your opinion though.

Yeah I get your point.

Did you watch our games from against Stoke down to So'ton (full time, not highlights or on livescore)?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 8:47am On Sep 27, 2017
Leyqute:

I'm not blowing anything out of proportion. Southampton was the worst, yes, but we didn't start playing poorly against Southampton. We also didn't do well at home to Everton and away to Stoke, despite the many goals we've scored.

I don't know about you but I watch all of Manchester United's games and one thing I've notice is the dwindling level of performance. At this moment last season we played very well with a determined spirit but were bad in front of goal. Is it too much to ask for that same spirit now that we have a much improved attack?

we are not disputing that fact, so wetin we go do now wey our performance dey dwindle and we dey win unlike last season? reason why you think we played poorly in our previous matches is because our opponents came out to attack, it wasn't just the usual one way football, if you check the statistics for those games you will see it favors us more

it is not mourihno's fault that some of his players are serving us sh.it every match day, the only time I faulted mourihno's tactics was when he brought on smalling instead of Martial, but who can blame him, his players were not coming out.

yes, a good performance with win is exciting to watch and moan over but right now, the former isn't the case with us, what should we do? kill ourselves? the only reason why I haven't gone over the moon with our bad displays is because we are winning and that is all that matters right now, winning.. didn't we also complain last season when we were drawing a lot of games? even when we put on a show, we are just five games into the season mate, it's best we move on from the Southampton game because that is not the Manchester United we know under mourihno, confidently saying that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:48am On Sep 27, 2017
Leyqute:

Yeah I get your point.

Did you watch our games from against Stoke down to So'ton (full time, not highlights or on livescore)?

I did, I hardly miss our games. That draw at Stoke is still pissing me off till now. Of a truth our Midfield collapsed in those games, even versus Everton until Rooney went off and Martial came in.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 8:51am On Sep 27, 2017
Na wa oooh. Why cant people get over this southampton match?

Can we discuss CSKA Moscow please? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 8:51am On Sep 27, 2017
Na wa oooh. Why cant people get over this southampton match?

Can we discuss CSKA Moscow please?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:51am On Sep 27, 2017
Leyqute:

Did you see me complain like this after the match against Everton and Stoke?

No one wishes Utd bad and I certainly am not going to judge the rest of the season based on the performance of this month. I just want to see improvements in game play, mentality and spirit, is that too much to ask?!

Which improvements are we expecting? Pogba was building a chemistry with Matic and we were dominating games, even the stoke own despite the place having a reputation for being difficult for us and other big teams, we dominated stats and would have won the game save for a Lukaku miss. We began to drop possession stats and play disjointed in certain instances as Pogba became injured and Fellaini began to start games. You don't expect Matic and whoever we keep shuffling with him to exert control in the midfield like how Pogba was doing. Man be patient.. It is for reasons like this that Mourinho persists with a given team once they start turning in dominant performances and winning games. I was watching a Pogba analysis recently and it became clear why we play alot better with him despite all the unnecessary criticism here. How many united midfielders do you see hold the ball, shield it and try to drag players out of position before finding a free player.. None does it at the moment. They all want to get rid of it as soon as possible and that's what led to the awful misplaced passes here and there in the Southampton game. At the moment don't expect anything fantastic from us except the opposition is just terribly poor. Take the wins as they come and when the right bodies come in and play with each other better, we will play better.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:53am On Sep 27, 2017
dopeJemi:

we are not disputing that fact, so wetin we go do now wey our performance dey dwindle and we dey win unlike last season? reason why you think we played poorly in our previous matches is because our opponents came out to attack, it wasn't just the usual one way football, if you check the statistics for those games you will see it favors us more

it is not mourihno's fault that some of his players are serving us sh.it every match day, the only time I faulted mourihno's tactics was when he brought on smalling instead of Martial, but who can blame him, his players were not coming out.

yes, a good performance with win is exciting to watch and moan over but right now, the latter isn't the case with us, what should we do? kill ourselves? the only reason why I haven't gone over the moon with our bad displays is because we are winning and that is all that matters right now, winning.. didn't we also complain last season when we were drawing a lot of games? even when we put on a show, we are just five games into the season mate, it's best we move on from the Southampton game because that is not the Manchester United we know under mourihno, confidently saying that

Yeah, quite remarkable that we actually won those games while playing poorly. But you'll also agree that if we played like that against Chelsea or Tottenham, home or abroad, we'll get beat.

Let's see some improvements in the game today and the bullish trend will return. By improvement, I mean better ball retention (if they want to do so), playing with intent and going for the jugular when the need arises.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:58am On Sep 27, 2017
Nawa ooo una can drag. Mek una rest now.

Shey we get match with CSKA Moscow.. .!!?

Or we want play Southampton again. Nawa ooo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by stylochime: 8:59am On Sep 27, 2017
Enters thread to read to read about our upcoming UCL match, sees dicussions and arguements about a win that was played 4 days ago, spits and walks out of thread.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:00am On Sep 27, 2017
CapitalCee:

I did, I hardly miss our games. That draw at Stoke is still pissing me off till now. Of a truth our Midfield collapsed in those games, even versus Everton until Rooney went off and Martial came in.

I noticed those too but didn't beat any drum. So when we surrendered against Sot'on, I was v. pissed at the dip. My grouse wasn't about So'ton alone. It was the dip that pissed me off.

Even if we want to park bus or want to see a game off, we should do the simple things well enough and not put hope in the hearts of other teams watching that they can get baack in and get something from the game.

That's what I've been saying.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:00am On Sep 27, 2017
Leyqute:

Yeah, quite remarkable that we actually won those games while playing poorly. But you'll also agree that if we played like that against Chelsea or Tottenham, home or abroad, we'll get beat.

Let's see some improvements in the game today and the bullish trend will return. By improvement, I mean better ball retention (if they want to do so), playing with intent and going for the jugular when the need arises.
angry

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 9:01am On Sep 27, 2017
Problem in paradise cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:03am On Sep 27, 2017
stylochime:
Enters thread to read to read about our upcoming UCL match, sees dicussions and arguements about a win that was played 4 days ago, spits and walks out of thread.
Ahbeg wait for me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:03am On Sep 27, 2017
diggz:
Problem in paradise cheesy grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 9:04am On Sep 27, 2017
JayKayMaybachz:
Ahbeg wait for me

Ur ties sha cheesy cheesy meanwhile you need that iPhone 8?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:04am On Sep 27, 2017
Leyqute:

we might get beat, don't forget played something similar against Liverpool and man city away and we didn't lose

I will give a better assessment of the team after our games against Liverpool and Tottenham, let's just move on
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:08am On Sep 27, 2017
diggz:

Ur ties sha cheesy cheesy meanwhile you need that iPhone 8?
Lol.. . Na andriod be my own. iPhone no be my own. Though I have used some of their phones. Na Samsung S8 Plus. But money no dhey now.

U go epp me buy am?

Anyways if you like ma tie, I fit arrange 1 give u grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:11am On Sep 27, 2017
Our next 4 games:

27 Sep - Champions League Group stage
CSKA Moscow vs 7:45 PM (A)

30 Sep - Premier League
Crystal Palace (H)

14 Oct - Premier League
Liverpool (A)

18 Oct - Champions League Group stage
Benfica (A)

12 points. ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 9:13am On Sep 27, 2017
JayKayMaybachz:
Lol.. . Na andriod be my own. iPhone no be my own. Though I have used some of their phones. Na Samsung S8 Plus. But money no dhey now.

U go epp me buy am?

Anyways if you like ma tie, I fit arrange 1 give u grin

I can get you the Chinko version or aba version of the iPhone 8...which one you prefer?

Even my great-grandfathers headmaster won't accept your ties as gifts cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 9:17am On Sep 27, 2017
Leyqute:
Our next 4 games:

30 Sep - Premier League
Crystal Palace (H)

14 Oct - Premier League
Man United (A)

Benfica (A)

12 points. ?

First team against under 18's? 3 Points for sure and with a 10-0 scoreline grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 9:21am On Sep 27, 2017
Midfield today needs to simply consist of:

1. Ander herrera

2. Michael carrick

3. Blind

4. Matic

Herrera began his career as an attacking midfield dynamo and given free reign he can control that midfield against cska! Blinds best postion is actually in central midfield and against a mobile center such as cska we need technicians and not brutes! Matic/carrick can keep things calm while the bedlam ensues! Injuries have currently decimated our center hence these options! All man should play in their natural position!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 9:26am On Sep 27, 2017
Are you guys still on the Southampton game when we have a game tonight? For f'ck sakes make we move on na, instead of moaning like a b*tch who is being fingered. We have established that it wasn't the intention of the gaffer to defend against the saints but rather the players forced his hand and he did what was best to remedy the situation. Southampton is a decent team so I no get all this "parking the bus against ordinary Southampton" I de hear here. Are they not a premier league team famed for their possession based football?. Some of you may be started watching football live from last year so it's understandable that you will want mourinho to play tiki taka or possession based football since all of a sudden, every Jones and Harry is on about attacking football and forgetting that defending is part of football and it can be beautiful too.

This same Southampton came to old Trafford and outplayed us under SAF and have some other small teams done in the past. I'm not in any way condoning the performance by the players but I can't stand mofos cussing mourinho for that and purring at man city's style of play over and over again.

Abeg we de Russia and are set to play against a familiar team in CSKA Moscow without 3 midfielders so make we talk about this match instead of talking about a match that was played 4 days ago, one which we won.

I see us winning this match, 2 or 3 goals to 1
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 9:32am On Sep 27, 2017
Leyqute:
Our next 4 games:

30 Sep - Premier League
Crystal Palace (H)

14 Oct - Premier League
Liverpool (A)

Benfica (A)

12 points. ?

12 points? I think 10 would b very realistic,but I'd b ecstatic if we pick the 12,but you do know we are going to b defensively setup in anfield right

(1) (2) (3) ... (4525) (4526) (4527) (4528) (4529) (4530) (4531) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.