Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,243 members, 7,860,549 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:28 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4530) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8860293 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4527) (4528) (4529) (4530) (4531) (4532) (4533) ... (14214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 10:40am On Sep 27, 2017
KingTom:
Lukaku pushed somebody down to score

^ this made my day I swear I can't stop laughing grin

Bwuahahahaha...... cheesy grin probably football is no more a contact sport cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 10:41am On Sep 27, 2017
Mikhi speaks Russian? I'm amazed! I wish I could understand/speak multiple languages like these guys.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 10:44am On Sep 27, 2017
Leyqute:

If we don't play poorly we will beat Liverpool at Anfield, even if we set up to defend. It's a matter of playing direct football, attacking whenever we have the ball and not soak up too much pressure.

playing "poorly" is realative,if we set up to defend,we must surely b under pressure,matches like that are determined by d finishers..cos any chance we get needs to b buried.funny enough we might win at anfield and drop points in Portugal..even d game at d weekend would have ended withouth d fans having a mini heart attack if lukaku and Herrera had buried those chances
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 10:44am On Sep 27, 2017
grin Harry Kane has got as many hat-tricks in 2017 as Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Lewandowski have combined
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 10:47am On Sep 27, 2017
Let the tapping begin......

"We can get a lot better. I'd like to see one more flair player in the team. I'd like to see a winger who can beat a man and get everyone on the edge of their seats. Having been in Spain for 4 months I love griezmann. I would love to see griezmann at united. He is quick, inventive, he beats players and can score goals.

Suarez also, even though he played for liverpool is a united player. It's arrogance to say that but he's fantastic, scores goals and is agressive!"

Gary Neville.......www.football365.com
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 10:48am On Sep 27, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

Cc Leyqute, DopeJemi, Dubylhover, Funlord, Sinizia, HoopLA, Lana1, Eph12, Joeace2020, Larride, CapitalCee and the Rest.

hehe so mou is a Kendrick Lamar fan who knows when to b "humble"..
.any ways I don't expect tonight's game to b easy at all,Russia is not an easy place to play and we shouldn't forget that cska beat benfica away so the team must b really good..
I'm expecting a winning margin of 1 goal or a draw...I'm not really expecting us to play "entertaining footie" this night..it would just b a typical mourinho performance
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:05am On Sep 27, 2017
"Three Years ago I made my Debut for Manchester United. Time flies but there is much to come."

- Luke Shaw
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 11:06am On Sep 27, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

Cc Leyqute, DopeJemi, Dubylhover, Funlord, Sinizia, HoopLA, Lana1, Eph12, Joeace2020, Larride, CapitalCee and the Rest.

Remember to always be humble when they come for you. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:11am On Sep 27, 2017
joeace2020:

Remember to always be humble when they come for you. grin grin

grin

But I am always humble nah!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:17am On Sep 27, 2017
Antonio Valencia, Phil Jones didn't travel with the Squad as well.

Who is gonna play RB..... Darmian or Tuanzebe?! What about LB..... Blind or Young?! Who is gonna partner Bailly at the Back..... Lindelof or Smalling?! No Pogba, Fellaini, and Carrick also to strengthen the Midfield Options?!

We should prepare to see a humble Display against CSKA Moscow Tonight!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:26am On Sep 27, 2017
CSKA have built a new stadium since United were last in town two years ago, back in December 2015. It is called the VEB Arena and, amazingly, it sits in the shadow of a skyscraper that has been designed to resemble the UEFA Europa League trophy in tribute to the Russian club's 2005 triumph.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 11:35am On Sep 27, 2017
Fussbot:
Mikhi speaks Russian? I'm amazed! I wish I could understand/speak multiple languages like these guys.

He's from Armenia, a former Soviet republic. If my knowledge serves me properly, those former Soviet Republic used Russian as an official language.
either that or his language is similar to Russian.
I think.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 11:41am On Sep 27, 2017
CapitalCee:

12 points will be nice, but I need 6 points from those . two League games, I can do with a draw in one of those CL games, since we can still top the group by winning the respective return legs at old Trafford.
Liverpool can be beaten, we should target their fullbacks of Moreno and Alexander-Arnold, with Rashford and Martial, one coming in for the other. Lukaku should trouble matip and lovren/klavan with pace and speed, mata likes this kind of games so he will be fine, my problem is with Mikhi, because with Mane returning from suspension Coutinho will drop to Midfield with either can or wijnaldum making way, the midfield will lack strength but it's will be very technical, Mhiki must sit up or Felliani should start alongside Matic and Herrera with Herrera doing " Hazard" on Coutinho. Young and Valencia should be careful of Mane and Sallah, I understand young is not a natural fullback but he gave Redmond. And Cuco Martina too much space in our previous games, once he can sort that out, he is ok, his crossings are excellent too.
Bailly should easily neutralize firminho.
The best berth here is to invite them on us and hit them on the Brea k.
Do you think it will be a good idea for Shaw to start, because of the pace of salah?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 12:22pm On Sep 27, 2017
Fussbot:

He speaks 4 languages.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

Cc Leyqute_, DopeJemi_, Dubylhover_, Funlord_, Sinizia_, HoopLA_, Lana1_, Eph12_, Joeace2020_, Larride_, CapitalCee_ and the Rest.

Russia stadiums have always been a problem for us. Now we've depleted squad on top of that. I'll gladly settle for a draw and get 3 points in the return leg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:58pm On Sep 27, 2017
CapitalCee:

12 points will be nice, but I need 6 points from those . two League games, I can do with a draw in one of those CL games, since we can still top the group by winning the respective return legs at old Trafford.
Liverpool can be beaten, we should target their fullbacks of Moreno and Alexander-Arnold, with Rashford and Martial, one coming in for the other. Lukaku should trouble matip and lovren/klavan with pace and speed, mata likes this kind of games so he will be fine, my problem is with Mikhi, because with Mane returning from suspension Coutinho will drop to Midfield with either can or wijnaldum making way, the midfield will lack strength but it's will be very technical, Mhiki must sit up or Felliani should start alongside Matic and Herrera with Herrera doing " Hazard" on Coutinho. Young and Valencia should be careful of Mane and Sallah, I understand young is not a natural fullback but he gave Redmond. And Cuco Martina too much space in our previous games, once he can sort that out, he is ok, his crossings are excellent too.
Bailly should easily neutralize firminho.
The best berth here is to invite them on us and hit them on the Brea k.

I agree with all you've said. The midfield is the battle ground. If we play with a high defence we'll be in trouble. If we hit them on the break they won't be able to handle us. It's hard to see Liverpool's defense stopping Lukaku. Good thing he's played lots of derbies against them when he was at Everton, so it'll be business as usual for him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 1:01pm On Sep 27, 2017
obainojazz:
Do you think it will be a good idea for Shaw to start, because of the pace of salah?

Shaw should start versus Palace during the weekend. This is an away match in Russia, any slip up will likely be costly, we need at least 4 points from cska Moscow cos they beat Benfica away, loosing this match could land us in second and a tie with the likes of Barca, Madrid,PSG or Juve. So young and Damian at full backs. My opinion though. Jose knows his fitness level, he has been training with the u-23
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 1:07pm On Sep 27, 2017
Leyqute:

I agree with all you've said. The midfield is the battle ground. If we play with a high defence we'll be in trouble. If we hit them on the break they won't be able to handle us. It's hard to see Liverpool's defense stopping Lukaku. Good thing he's played lots of derbies against them when he was at Everton, so it'll be business as usual for him.
Excellent, Arsenal paid dearly for this. Lukaku must be clinical oo. But do you think Mkhitaryan should still retain his place ?or should we just pack the middle of the park with Felliani to free Herrera to neutralize Coutinho?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 1:08pm On Sep 27, 2017
hoopLA:

He's from Armenia, a former Soviet republic. If my knowledge serves me properly, those former Soviet Republic used Russian as an official language.
I think.
You beat me to this. Good
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 1:12pm On Sep 27, 2017
sinizia:

Russia stadiums have always been a problem for us. Now we've depleted squad on top of that. I'll gladly settle for a draw and get 3 points in the return leg.

We should aim for a win, but a draw is a good result. If we can also get something from the Benfica away game, and win the two coming home games, then we are heading for the knockouts.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:13pm On Sep 27, 2017
CapitalCee:

Excellent, Arsenal paid dearly for this. Lukaku must be clinical oo. But do you think Mkhitaryan should still retain his place ?or should we just pack the middle of the park with Felliani to free Herrera to neutralize Coutinho?

Just like Leicester, Mkhi thrives when the opponent plays a high defense line. He loves running with the ball. He'll explore the spaces behind defenders when he sees the opportunities. He's been shyte of late though but I hope before then he'd have gotten his shyt together.

Mou will have no option but to play the midfielders who are fit, and I think he'll sacrifice Mata's position for a midfielder to counter Liverpool's attack. I won't be surprised if he plays Lingard instead with either two of Fellaini/Herrera/Matic. He'll only play those who are available.

Remember the game is after an international break, so hopefully the boys don't come back with injuries.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 1:17pm On Sep 27, 2017
Leyqute:

Just like Leicester, Mkhi thrives when the opponent plays a high defense line. He loves running with the ball. He'll explore the spaces behind defenders when he sees the opportunities. He's been shyte of late though but I hope before then he'd have gotten his shyt together.

Mou will have no option but to play the midfielders who are fit, and I think he'll sacrifice Mata's position for a midfielder to counter Liverpool's attack. I won't be surprised if he plays Lingard instead with either two of Fellaini/Herrera/Matic. He'll only play those who are available.

Remember the game is after an international break, so hopefully the boys don't come back with injuries.

It's true, Liverpool defence is the sort mhkhi likes to run at. That international break dey fear me oo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 27, 2017
Oasis007:
Antonio Valencia, Phil Jones didn't travel with the Squad as well.

Who is gonna play RB..... Darmian or Tuanzebe?! What about LB..... Blind or Young?! Who is gonna partner Bailly at the Back..... Lindelof or Smalling?! No Pogba, Fellaini, and Carrick also to strengthen the Midfield Options?!

We should prepare to see a humble Display against CSKA Moscow Tonight!

It won't be an easy affair tonight
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 1:29pm On Sep 27, 2017
funlord:

1: Man united vs leicester: possession 69% leicester 31%

2: man u vs stoke: possession 63% stoke 37%

3:man u vs Basel: possession 61% Basel 39%

4 : man u vs everton: possession 49% everton 51%

5: man u vs Burton: possession 69% Burton 31%

6: man u vs southampton : possession 39% southampton 61%

Bus parkers?

Very clearly.

Against teams that come out to play, we can see that Jose immediately bunkered.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 1:34pm On Sep 27, 2017
Oasis007:
Reds in Moscow

Thank God for europa league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 1:39pm On Sep 27, 2017
CapitalCee:

We should aim for a win, but a draw is a good result. If we can also get something from the Benfica away game, and win the two coming home games, then we are heading for the knockouts.

I know we'd aim for a win, so if things doesn't work out as we'd planned, then we can settle for a draw.

What I wouldn't want is aiming for a draw from the get-go which will end up seeing us lose.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 1:42pm On Sep 27, 2017
CapitalCee:

Shaw should start versus Palace during the weekend. This is an away match in Russia, any slip up will likely be costly, we need at least 4 points from cska Moscow cos they beat Benfica away, loosing this match could land us in second and a tie with the likes of Barca, Madrid,PSG or Juve. So young and Damian at full backs. My opinion though. Jose knows his fitness level, he has been training with the u-23
He should not start against cska, talking about Liverpool.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2017
Nihilist:

Very clearly.

Against teams that come out to play, we can see that Jose immediately bunkered.

Not really....barring southampton...the everton game saw them only begin to shade possession in the 2nd half after we had taken the lead and dominated the first half! As usual when we relaxed..the other teams also came with intentions to mix it up and had chances...even Burton scored a goal! Miki has already said it this morning that all of the players are unhappy at always relaxing when flowing and that jose has read the riot act about that attitude!

This is a growing side...judge them by may not september...there are still levels to this team that we or they don't even know about yet! After all Rio has told them they won't get to the semis of the UCL...who knows what that may ignite in them? We good...

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 2:01pm On Sep 27, 2017
codedguy1:

The point is people are entitled to there opinions even if it is nauseating to you. It is there opinion. Counter it with a superior argument simple.

Telling people to go support city because the person compared what is happening at city with his team is not a license to tell the person to go support city.

Leyqute mentioned crystal palace to buttress his point about uniteds dismal performances and all hell broke lose . does that really mean we are as bad as crystal palace.

This place is even more interesting when we have divergent views about our team, that in no way warrants anyone to tell another person to go support a team he probably used to try to emphasise his point.

I personally was so irritated about how mourinho approached the game against Southampton, surrendering possession to them like it was going out of fashion considering we were not playing a barca, Madrid or Bayern and even so sef I still wouldnt like us to surrender possession to those teams if we met. I believe we should go toe to toe with them. But when others started giving there own opinions about why what mou did was the right thing I kinda understood even if i still wasn't satisfied with that kinda approach against Southampton. But its there opinion and I should respect it.

People will always get overboard, this is football we are talking about.

You can go through my post and the only person I quoted and told to go support City was Mevlyn11 and that was because he was shouting Pep, sane and sterling and he's the only one I told to go support City if he's so awed by just 1 game.

Make no mistake about it, I have nothing against anybody criticising the club, players and coach as we all want the best for the team but when you start taking it overboard, some people will have to bring you back on board. Even the leyqute you used as an example, I didn't attack him because I knew he was pissed with the performance, hell I was so pissed also but it's just one game and it's not like we went out to surrender possession like y pointed out but if you have tons of players on the pitch serving shit at the same time, there's much the coach could have done than to just hold on to the lead and the 3pt. The way some peeps talk you could think we have been horrible this season rather it was a bad game/performance which started once Pogba got injured.

Even when Lana1 was bashing Miki, I agreed with him because he was so right and Miki was been terrible these past weeks and rightly so. Everyone can criticise the team but when you turn it into a daily affairs moaning and complaining about everything and about how other coaches and team are better than ours and not at least providing alternatives, then it's best to tell them to go support their preferred club.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 2:05pm On Sep 27, 2017
eph12:

Can you guys stop saying this? United is not your property ffs neither is this your thread or site. Just jump and pass comments you don't like instead of suggesting clubs for people to go and support.

Thank you!

Did I tell you to go support any club?? The message was not directed at you unless you feel the message is yours then you can port to your preferred club.

Thank you!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 2:10pm On Sep 27, 2017
hoopLA:

I think.
oh! nothing special then. . Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:36pm On Sep 27, 2017
airmark:

Thank God for europa league.

grin

Una like Trouble sha.....! Who cares how United get to the Champions League?!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4527) (4528) (4529) (4530) (4531) (4532) (4533) ... (14214) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: efec(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.