Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:04 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4615) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8864474 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4612) (4613) (4614) (4615) (4616) (4617) (4618) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:03pm On Oct 19, 2017
CapitalCee:

HUDDERSFIELD: with Injuries building up and having played two away games in a bounce and the third away game in just 7 days, I will take any type of win here, Matic, Lukaku and Valencia will need to be strong here so that they will get their deserved rest in the midweek, Herrera though wasn't involved in international assignment so he should be ok. Lingard should come in for Mkhi, Young for Blind, Jones should also return.
SWANSEA: a fourth away game, but considering Welsh side woes in the EPL which they allievaited last week with a home win, They may want to focus on the league. mourinho should play fringe players here, Luke Shaw can begin building his match fitness here. Mctominay and tuanzebe should also play.any result here will do, but a win will be a confidence boost.
TOTTENHAM: we should be winning here, Anything short will dent or title hopes, Spurs are a good side, but I am confident we will sneak in a win.
BENFICA: Another home game , where we can wrap up the group. And focus on the League, any kind of win will do and is vital.

CHELSEA: This is another match that is not only about football, lots of fireworks and a lot of pressure. Chelsea without Kante is not the same, but without Pogba, we also have a problem of our own, but again we need 3 points here , to keep the pressure on City. This match is too close to call though.

I don't know what to expect TBH, what with the injury and lack of form of our players. Let's just hope for the best.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:08pm On Oct 19, 2017
Leyqute:

I don't know what to expect TBH, what with the injury and lack of form of our players. Let's just hope for the best.
Yeah, the few ones that are not injured and are inform, may run out of gas soon
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 19, 2017
I would say we should ring the changes for that Huddersfield game, but where are the subs? embarassed

Perreira, see your life?

Mkhi will still start angry Just remembered... Can someone please tell Mkhi to stop trying nutmegs? Can't remember the last time he did one successfully undecided

Shaw should get some minutes undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:42pm On Oct 19, 2017
sinizia:
A deep, inspirational, well-thought out history about the legendary Sir Alexander Ferguson. Well-researched article that gives you a deeper understanding into the life of the legend and how he was able to build his career from scratch before he caught the eye of United board.

His temperaments, doggedness, tantrums, determination to usurp powers that football fans are normally okay with, all well summed up in this piece. It's a long read I must tell ya, but I assure you once you start, you won't stop till the end.

http://timeontheball.net/2017/06/16/furious-fergie/

A true Mancunian legend.

Thanks for the piece. I always knew that sir ref nose was an old agbero. Now I realise he was a born criminal.

There was no way any of these soft players could have messed with a nigga like that. No wonder he used boot to bust Beckham's head at the height of his popularity and my dude couldn't say a word.

I hated the man during his time at Manyoo, but I can't deny his legendary status. I'm surprised they haven't even done a movie about him sef

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 9:24pm On Oct 19, 2017
funlord:
"It looks like he has done a little bit. Conte was probably badly advised, someone told him they were talking about him but Mourinho didn't mention anyone's name. He just said 'other managers'. Conte's had a little bite back. November 5 when Chelsea play Manchester United could be interesting."

Paul scholes......www.skyports.com

E pain the chief shekpite die! cheesy

The Jack in the box don dey get thin skin.
Now injury don dey show am.
That caterpillar Bakayoko has joined Pangolo on the sidelines.

When folks were warning him to beware of the second season that happened to Jose, the Italian James Brown arrogantly swatted away the question. Suddenly reality don dey dawn on Yul Brenner.

He will use his own leg to fulfil his own prophecy of wanting to manage in Italy in future.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lh19(m): 9:40pm On Oct 19, 2017
Am I the only one thinking Mou won't use Pereira again if he returns next season after his decision on going out on loan when Mou really needed him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:01pm On Oct 19, 2017
Nihilist:

Thanks for the piece. I always knew that sir ref nose was an old agbero. Now I realise he was a born criminal.

There was no way any of these soft players could have messed with a nigga like that. No wonder he used boot to bust Beckham's head at the height of his popularity and my dude couldn't say a word.

I hated the man during his time at Manyoo, but I can't deny his legendary status. I'm surprised they haven't even done a movie about him sef

The "thanks" deservedly goes to you and you alone. From the first day you introduced that website on this forum, my online footie life has never remain the same. I've read and learned so much from whoever it is behind those articles. I stalk that website on weekly basis trying to read legendary stories I never witnessed.
A huge thanks for blessing me with that site.

On Ferguson, I knew the capone had temper issues, but I never knew it was worse than I thought till I read that article. Ferguson was an agbero no be say you talk am. I was shocked reading the bloody route and life he had as a footballer. The insults, revenge etc. No wonder he was attracted to brutal players like Keane. Fergie raised more fighters than players during his rookie years. Lol.

That man na real werey. That piece made me realise Fergie had done worse way back and all the recent behaviours of his I knew had been more prominent in his younger years.

The refusal of upcoming United players from driving fancy cars was seen when he was angry his player, Roughvie was on a newspaper front page posing on a fancy bike he forced him to sell the bike off. Lol.

He fined his player for simply overtaking him on a route. Hahahaha.

Then entered inside the pitch on a pre-season game to play and fight against his team's opposition.

He allowed his player to take the match ball home after scoring a hat-trick then force to relinquish the ball.

The funniest part of that article was this story:

Some of his behaviour could be harsh and downright unfair. “I was aggressive and demanding and I suspect not everyone enjoyed it, but it made the players into men and increased their profiles,” he wrote. As ever, what really got him going was drinking. One Friday night, Strachan saw him drive past his house to check he was still in. Ferguson generally encouraged his players to settle down early and, while most did, the exceptions were particularly vulnerable. One was Cooper, who was once handed a drink in a bar, only to see Ferguson appear out of nowhere.

“What’s that you’re drinking?” Ferguson asked him.

Cooper started sweating.

“Oh, eh, it’s Coke.”

Ferguson came closer. He smelt the drink and looked at him.

“That doesn’t smell like bloody Coke to me.”

“It is, it is Coke,” Cooper stuttered.

Ferguson took a sip. Then he moved even closer, and said in a low voice:

“You’re dead.”

“What?”

“You’re dead. Monday morning…”

LOL. I read that piece with so much laughter and admiration for that man. If Ferguson was playing in this modern times with all the strict rules, he'd have gone poor from monthly or weekly fines, or quit out of frustration earlier than at 32 years of age when he retired from playing. My respect for Fergie really went up reading that article. He was truly a legend of EPL and the game. A fiesty displinarian, full of anger and cuss words but nonetheless a great coach.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 10:29pm On Oct 19, 2017
Lh19:
Am I the only one thinking Mou won't use Pereira again if he returns next season after his decision on going out on loan when Mou really needed him
Jose mourinho isn't happy cos of the loan move but saying he won't use him..I'm not too sure
Mou can't be trusted this days...sold mata at Chelsea (now playing him regularly at utd)...sold lukaku at Chelsea(now our talismanic striker).so I don't know his say bout pereira but it would be crazy if he doesn't play him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 11:57pm On Oct 19, 2017
pharod:

My guy I just tire. I love watching our matches relaxed on my cushion with chilled beer. But Madam will not let me. Either she's intentionally asking questions to drive me crazy or she will tell me b4hand about one Mara n Clara sh.it that she wants to watch. Sometimes I wonder why am subscribing sef.. cheesy
I can relate bro grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lh19(m): 12:15am On Oct 20, 2017
kelvinze:

Jose mourinho isn't happy cos of the loan move but saying he won't use him..I'm not too sure
Mou can't be trusted this days...sold mata at Chelsea (now playing him regularly at utd)...sold lukaku at Chelsea(now our talismanic striker).so I don't know his say bout pereira but it would be crazy if he doesn't play him

You maybe right though cuz Mou is sometimes unpredictable
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:55am On Oct 20, 2017
Any news on Pogba's injury?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:42am On Oct 20, 2017
patrickmuf:

JM ain't ready to disclose any Update on Pogba!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:43am On Oct 20, 2017
"He [Ibrahimovic] is doing very good. I had a chat with Zlatan when he was in the gym the other day. I think he is looking forward to coming back, most probably in December or January time.

"I think he will definitely bring something to the football team, as we already know. After last season, he was fantastic. It will be nice to see him back when he returns."

- Andy Cole
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 8:51am On Oct 20, 2017
patrickmuf:
The last time I heard, there was a debate as to whether to go the route of surgery.
He (Pogba) hasn't even been training.
It's a mysterious situation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:54am On Oct 20, 2017
Oasis007:

JM ain't ready to disclose any Update on Pogba!
We need him to mount serious assault on the league...Don't know why Mou is not letting anything out as regards his injury
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by shinayomi12(m): 8:56am On Oct 20, 2017
Ogbeche77:
Edited
any update on Huddersfield Town v Manchester United tomorrow match
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:06am On Oct 20, 2017
patrickmuf:
We need him to mount serious assault on the league...Don't know why Mou is not letting anything out as regards his injury

We should expect him to be back in January. Perhaps JM is playing mind Game. Maybe he wants to play him against a big Opponent, especially Tottenham or Chelsea unexpectedly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:14am On Oct 20, 2017
Barcelona are keeping tabs on Manchester United forward Anthony Martial according to Mundo Deportivo.

Robert Fernandez, Barcelona's technical secretary, was reportedly in the stands to watch Martial during Manchester United's 1-0 win over Benfica on Wednesday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:15am On Oct 20, 2017
DEALS FOR MAN UTD QUARTET

Manchester United are set to reward Juan Mata, Ander Herrera, Marouane Fellaini and Phil Jones with new contracts following their good performances this season.

Mata, Herrera and Fellaini's current contracts are all set to expire next summer while Jones' existing deal runs until 2019.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:16am On Oct 20, 2017
Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil has reportedly informed his teammates that he will sign for Manchester United where he would link up once again with his former Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho.

Ozil is out of contract at the Emirates next summer and would be able to move to another club for free while Arsenal could look to offload him in January.

According to the Daily Mirror, Ozil is 'confident' of the move to Old Trafford materialising. 
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 11:23am On Oct 20, 2017
Best scorers in the last 4 seasons in Champions
League (August 2013- October 2017)
1. Cr7 60 goals

2.Messi 38 goals

3. Lewa 30goals

4. Muller 24 goals

5. Neymar 24goals

6. Cavani 24goals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:34am On Oct 20, 2017
"Marcus has had a fantastic start to his career. He now has to go onto that next level and keep learning in every training session and every game.

"Marcus is one of those players who - I have been to Old Trafford a couple of times this season - as soon as he gets the ball you can feel it in the crowd.

"You can feel the excitement. He gets you off the edge of your seat."

- Ryan Giggs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:37am On Oct 20, 2017
"He [Jose Mourinho] was my enemy when he was in charge at Madrid or Chelsea, competing and wanting to beat him.

"From there I became his player at Chelsea and would go with him to the death. I learned a lot, I have a very positive memory of him. Forever."

- CESC FABREGAS
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:39am On Oct 20, 2017
Oasis007:
"Marcus has had a fantastic start to his career. He now has to go onto that next level and keep learning in every training session and every game.

"Marcus is one of those players who - I have been to Old Trafford a couple of times this season - as soon as he gets the ball you can feel it in the crowd.

"You can feel the excitement. He gets you off the edge of your seat."

- Ryan Giggs

He doesn't to me.. He runs like a headless chick. Doesn't use his head well. Let him learn from Martial jooor. Not everything involves running in football. Simple passes and crosses also helps.. Mtcheeeew

Na dem Giggs dey mek dah guy noh sabi body

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 12:07pm On Oct 20, 2017
JayKayMaybachz:
He doesn't to me.. He runs like a headless chick. Doesn't use his head well. Let him learn from Martial jooor. Not everything involves running in football. Simple passes and crosses also helps.. Mtcheeeew

Na dem Giggs dey mek dah guy noh sabi body
quite unfotunate dat no tabloid is aware of u or your opinions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:36pm On Oct 20, 2017
lekkie073:
quite unfotunate. fortunate dat no tabloid is aware of u or your opinions.
FIXED.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:56pm On Oct 20, 2017
NEW DEAL FOR SCOTT MCTOMINAY

Manchester United is delighted to announce that Scott McTominay has signed a new contract which will keep him at the club until June 2021, with the option to extend for a further year.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2017
"I have grown up at this great club and it has always been a big part of my life. I attended the club’s development centre in Preston from the age of five and have gone on to progress from there.  

"To make my debut at the end of last season was a dream come true, and I would like to thank the manager for the faith that he has shown in me. I was absolutely delighted when the manager promoted me to the first-team squad and I am looking forward to continuing my journey with this fantastic team."

- Scott McTominay
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:00pm On Oct 20, 2017
"I am delighted Scott has signed a new contract, he is one of our young players that has gone from strength to strength.

"He made his Premier League debut at the end of last season and made his Champions League debut this season.

I had no hesitation in promoting Scott to the first-team squad last month as we have total belief in him."  

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 2:01pm On Oct 20, 2017
lekkie073:
quite unfotunate dat no tabloid is aware of u or your opinions.
Hmmmmm is alright sir
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:05pm On Oct 20, 2017
"Nobody else has returned to fitness. We have the same players as we had for the Benfica match.”

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LongD(m): 2:08pm On Oct 20, 2017
Mourinho abeg rest Miki play someone else

(1) (2) (3) ... (4612) (4613) (4614) (4615) (4616) (4617) (4618) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.