Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,198 members, 7,860,300 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:07 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8859398 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5181) (5182) (5183) (5184) (5185) (5186) (5187) ... (14213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:12pm On Feb 04, 2018
randomperson:

because city had a better structure... they had wanted pep for years and had already hired the former director of football from Barcelona and other people who saw eye to eye with pep...

city were prepped for pep
That's not true! Pep chose City because they offered more money.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:14pm On Feb 04, 2018
Eruditor:

Because apart from what Randomperson said he tries to be a man who honors bonds. This is what he told SAF.
He was offered more money. He saw better players at City and his work would be easier there
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:15pm On Feb 04, 2018
Roland17:

Dayo, I am sorry but you have made a hasty conclusion about my perspective without reading further. This was my post to @ Eruditor. Please don't construe my argument against Pep's decision to bring 6 players. The deliberate choice to bring 6 as a form of protest is disrespectful to other teams and undermines the quality of the product the EPL is selling.

Pep didn't say it was a form of protest rather he didn't have enough players and the youth team were not available since they played less than 24hrs before and couldn't have travelled

Also the refs have to be under pressure to do their jobs and deliver according to the rule of the game, All of us at our places of work have to deliver to set standards and if in 2months referees are seeing your players suffering 6 red card offences and none got a straight red. Then they need to be held accountable

The player who broke Sanes leg, when the coach was asked, he said its the EPL, So tell is it part of the EPLs creed to break players legs and go without any form of punishment?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 04, 2018
funlord:

So what do you call a platform that offers him strictly europa league football or the chance to reduce a 25 point plus gap to city like arsenals?

What would a smart person do if offered the chance to move to a club facing the current challenge we are rather than the one facing your joke of a club?
this ain’t abt my club and just in case u didn’t notice, most fans wanted him to leave reason we were just indifferent abt his exit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:18pm On Feb 04, 2018
Roland17:

You have succeeded in exposing Peps lack of strategic planning skills as a manager with these litany of logistic excuses.

If the variables you have listed were constant, would Pep bring 6 bench players against Liverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal?

If the variables listed above were constant, would he dare such in the UCL?

So tell how would Pep have planned for it? To ask his players not to be injured? To bring injured players to sit on the bench regardless, to ask the senior team game to be postponed, or ask the youth team game to be cancelled

Or to carry a youth team player who played till 4PM, wait till the player finish frommthe dressing room by 5PM, gets to hotel by 6PM and carry him to on a journey, delay the other 17 senior players, cut short their rest and training in Burnley all just in a bid to sit the youth team player on the bench and give him the "experience"

Give me what you would have done if you were Pep and what you would have achieved

And what difference would it have made vs Liverpool Chelsea Man utd or Madrid. Its the 6 subs instead of 7 when only 3 can play

vs Liverpool which City lost, Brahim Diaz was the last sub on the bench, what would he have done to stop the defeat?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:26pm On Feb 04, 2018
raumdeuter:

Pep didn't say it was a form of protest rather he didn't have enough players and the youth team were not available since they played less than 24hrs before and couldn't have travelled

Also the refs have to be under pressure to do their jobs and deliver according to the rule of the game, All of us at our places of work have to deliver to set standards and if in 2months referees are seeing your players suffering 6 red card offences and none got a straight red. Then they need to be held accountable

The player who broke Sanes leg, when the coach was asked, he said its the EPL, So tell is it part of the EPLs creed to break players legs and go without any form of punishment?
If Pep wanted to use somebody from the reserve he would have asked that they exempt him from that match so he can be available for the senior team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 6:29pm On Feb 04, 2018
From your source;

City have resurrected their move to buy Sanchez, who they nearly signed for £55m at the end of the summer. But they view the total cost of the package – the contract, the agent’s fee and Arsenal’s £35m asking price – as too much for a player who will be a free agent in the summer. Unless there is flexibility in one of those areas, City will not do the deal. Their valuation for the transfer fee is closer to £20m.

This line talks about Arsenal’s asking price as one of the hindrance to the deal, something we managed to work our way around by offering Mkhitaryan.

This stance from City is in part because of the good news concerning Gabriel Jesus’s fitness. The Brazilian striker injured knee ligaments at Selhurst Park on 31 December but City now think he will be back within three weeks. This means signing another forward this month is less of a priority, and while they want Sanchez, they are not desperate for him.

In another chapter, they make it clear City were not keen due the the fact that Gabriel Jesus wasn't gonna be out for as long as first feared. To put it simply, they'd have gone the limit to get Sanchez if Jesus was going to be out for months as first reported.

The other paragraph suggested United were willing to pay more.

In all of it, not one source, part or close to the deal was quoted, and all they did was highlight all the possible scenarios and leave you to stick to the one that favors your argument. For you, it's the money, for me, it's our decision to use Mkhitaryan as a way around the asking price. A neutral (or me if I want to be selfish) will say it's only because Jesus was not going to be out for too long that's why City didn't go the limits. Take cue from the fact that they were willing to pay up to 65m for Mahrez when desperation set in after the Sane injury.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 6:30pm On Feb 04, 2018
KevinDein:

Excellent. Now that you have listed the number of trophies Arsenal won in the last five years kindly list those won by Man Utd in the same period.

Thanks buddy.
Eruditor:

Yes and Arsenal won 3 of it each.

Your player grin, Alexis scored 2 against City in the 3-0 win.

Oxlade scored the only goal against Mou

And AFC beat Conte on penalties.
Choose where your 5 or "so" years began, then make your conclusions. Specify if any trophy was unaccounted for.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:30pm On Feb 04, 2018
eph12:

If Pep wanted to use somebody from the reserve he would have asked that they exempt him from that match so he can be available for the senior team

So Pep should ask a player to be exempt from the reserves game which matter to the reserve team in the reserve league just to come and sit on the bench as a 7th sub for the senior team?

So you will say a student should be excused for his secondary school test just to sit in a University test not to contribute but to feel the environment?

he could as well pick a random fan to sit on the bench to complete the bench then just so that Gary Neville wont be upset

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 04, 2018
I see nothing wrong in leaving cos of a better offer. This happens daily in our career and I’m guilty of this in a way as well so no biggy. The ish is Sanchez and some pundits acting like he wanted out cos he wants to win the league. Only to fast forward few months, league called, money called my guy picked the latter.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Roland17(m): 6:31pm On Feb 04, 2018
raumdeuter:

Dayo, I understand the frustration associated with having injured players especially one suffered from horrific tackles, so I can say I empathize with you and Pep. That being said, you are veering off my perspective which is, If Pep deliberately brought 6 players instead of 7 to Burnley as a form of protest to the FA/ EPL, then I have a problem. However, if it was inevitable which again questions the strategic planning skills of Pep and his coaches, then I have no problems.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:38pm On Feb 04, 2018
Roland17:

Dayo, I understand the frustration associated with having injured players especially one suffered from horrific tackles, so I can say I empathize with you and Pep. That being said, you are veering off my perspective which is, If Pep deliberately brought 6 players instead of 7 to Burnley as a form of protest to the FA/ EPL, then I have a problem. However, if it was inevitable which again questions the strategic planning skills of Pep and his coaches, then I have no problems.

People can speculate on the reasons. The fact is he has 6 players injured and the youth team played yesterday finished at 4PM

You havent told me which strategic planning you would have done in Peps place when faced with such situation. Pep will never need all 7 players, he will probably need 3. and he has 6 senior team players to choose frombut no Pep has to shop for a kid anywhere even if from the street to help the kitman pack the jersey just to give him the experience?

So the way to give youth a chance is to pick a 17yr old and ask him to pack the jersey = Giving youth a chance? Is the youth auditioning to be a drycleaner?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Roland17(m): 6:48pm On Feb 04, 2018
raumdeuter:

People can speculate on the reasons. The fact is he has 6 players injured and the youth team played yesterday finished at 4PM

You havent told me which strategic planning you would have done in Peps place when faced with such situation. Pep will never need all 7 players, he will probably need 3. and he has 6 senior team players to choose frombut no Pep has to shop for a kid anywhere even if from the street to help the kitman pack the jersey just to give him the experience?

Whether he needs all 7 or not is a subjective argument that raises different inferences. The fact is every team is supposed to field 7 bench players. No one is interested in the impact of injuries and that is the difference between a coach and a manager. There is no parity/ equity from the standpoint of competition when one team fields 6 bench players and the opponent brings 7.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:50pm On Feb 04, 2018
The English people are sore that Pep is buttraping their league contrary to what they predicted.
His style cannot work in England, Barcelona will find it hard to win in Stoke, They cannot survive the winter break and all other useless myths they were propagating before Pep came and this season he is putting everyone of them to shame so they have to cling onto something as useless and inconsequential as naming 6 players on the bench instead of 7

2days ago Mourinho conceded the league, they asked Pep If it was right to concede the league at this point, Pep answered that he wouldn't have conceded the league if he was trailing by 15points

I saw a couple of journos and EPL fans come out that he is arrogant, why wasnt he speaking like this last year

Pray tell what should Pep have said that would be acceptable? If he said I agree they should concede the league, Its impossible to catch Man city. Would that have been okay and not arrogant?

These were the same EPL jounralist and fans reminding us of how Arsenal and Newcastle blew leads the size of Man Citys in previous seasons now angry that Pep said almost the same thing
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 6:50pm On Feb 04, 2018
Lots of long balls from Liverpool, they're practically parking the bus...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:52pm On Feb 04, 2018
Roland17:

Whether he needs all 7 or not is a subjective argument that raises different inferences. The fact is every team is supposed to field 7 bench players. No one is interested in the impact of injuries and that is the difference between a coach and a manager. There is no parity/ equity from the standpoint of competition when one team fields 6 bench players and the opponent brings 7.

Every team is expected to field 11 players and use a max of 3 subs. Which of these did Guardiola not fulfil?

You haven't told me what you would do as a manager in Peps shoes if you found yourself in the situation that will show better strategic planning
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 6:58pm On Feb 04, 2018
Roland17:

Baba, let me first of state that I do not care for G. Neville or his brother who is now the head coach on the lioness one bit. If anything, I think he should be hiding his head whenever he criticizes coaches. Ozil was absolutely right about some of these ex players who have become pundits. Rather than constructively criticize teams, they are hitting below the belt and it annoys me most when the below average ones in their playing days run their mouth because they have a camera in front of them.

I am all about setting the wrong precedence in the league. The EPL I presume is guided by strict rules which ensures parity, fairness and when a coach willfully alters those rules you are inviting unnecessary negative press. Every game that is showcased is a product of the league, it's like the orange a seller Hawks in traffic or by the side. You must always make them presentable. Like I discussed with @ eruditor, every coach has a right to complain about officiating especially when they feel their players are being targeted, however, he should show the league and accord your fellow coaches some respect when you do that.

How do you think Sean Dyche and Burnley felt when they found out? Disrespected for sure because he would not dare such against any of the top 5-6 teams in the league. How about the City academy players? What is the motivation to work hard?

OK, I understand your main POV as regards this issue with embolden.

I did a little Google search, I didn't dig too deep, and I didn't find anywhere where Pep has been found guilty of this substitute matter in the past years. Based on my tiny search, I'm assuming it's his first time. So, if it is, then Pep should be cut some slack. He probably didn't see any big problem with it, or maybe his defence of going with 6 subs instead of 7 coz of the reserve team playing on Friday, was strong enough (I still believe if he's he'll-bent on adding the last player, he'd have added other young City reserve players easily as clubs do have other reserve teams based on age groups).

I insist he shouldn't have received that kind of criticism for a first-time mistake.

But what I'd want anybody that has time to do is to find out if Pep's using of just 6 substitutes broke any rule. If it didn't, then he deserve no criticism, and whatever criticism he'd face should come from City fans and employers; however, if he broke FA rules by going with 6 instead of 7, he'd be reminded about it and warned not to break such rules again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:58pm On Feb 04, 2018
raumdeuter:

So Pep should ask a player to be exempt from the reserves game which matter to the reserve team in the reserve league just to come and sit on the bench as a 7th sub for the senior team?

So you will say a student should be excused for his secondary school test just to sit in a University test not to contribute but to feel the environment?

he could as well pick a random fan to sit on the bench to complete the bench then just so that Gary Neville wont be upset
Just so you know, your analogy or whatever you call it is way off. We will continue this when you have a better story
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:00pm On Feb 04, 2018
patrickmuf:
Lots of long balls from Liverpool, they're practically parking the bus...
Kloop is learning
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:02pm On Feb 04, 2018
raumdeuter:

So the way to give youth a chance is to pick a 17yr old and ask him to pack the jersey = Giving youth a chance? Is the youth auditioning to be a drycleaner?

Dayo, clubs do have other reserve teams like U21, U18, U19 etc. Remember Rashford wasn't even our 4th choice but lack of options forced us to use him. So, if Pep really wanted to add another player to that substitute bench, he'd have done if he's serious about it. Fashi all this talk.

But I stand with Pep on this based on the ASSUMPTION that he's not broken any FA rules for going with 6 substitutes. Until it's been established that he broke FA rules, Pep is innocent.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Roland17(m): 7:05pm On Feb 04, 2018
sinizia:

OK, I understand your main POV as regards this issue with embolden.

I did a little Google search, I didn't dig too deep, and I didn't find anywhere where Pep has been found guilty of this substitute matter in the past years. Based on my tiny search, I'm assuming it's his first time. So, if it is, then Pep should be cut some slack. He probably didn't see any big problem with it, or maybe his defence of going with 6 subs instead of 7 coz of the reserve team playing on Friday, was strong enough (I still believe if he's he'll-bent on adding the last player, he'd have added other young City reserve players easily as clubs do have other reserve teams based on age groups).

I insist he shouldn't have received that kind of criticism for a first-time mistake.

But what I'd want anybody that has time to do is to find out if Pep's using of just 6 substitutes broke any rule. If it didn't, then he deserve no criticism, and whatever criticism he'd face should come from City fans and employers; however, if he broke FA rules by going with 6 instead of 7, he'd be reminded about it and warned not to break such rules again.

Huge respect for this comment and argument.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Roland17(m): 7:10pm On Feb 04, 2018
raumdeuter:

Every team is expected to field 11 players and use a max of 3 subs. Which of these did Guardiola not fulfil?

You haven't told me what you would do as a manager in Peps shoes if you found yourself in the situation that will show better strategic planning

Read excerpts from sinizia's post.

Dayo, clubs do have other reserve teams like U21, U18, U19 etc. Remember Rashford wasn't even our 4th choice but lack of options forced us to use him. So, if Pep really wanted to add another player to that substitute bench, he'd have done if he's serious about it. Fashi all this talk.

Pep is the manager of the club, he has better knowledge about the resources at this disposal, however, it is also his subjective right to make emotional decisions to pursue a cause. If Pep wanted to field 7 substitutes, he would easily have, irrespective of the player quality or class. I maintain he would not dare such against the top 6 or in UCL irrespective of injury or lack of planning skills.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:19pm On Feb 04, 2018
sinizia:

The truth is that the English journalist are so eager to find something wrong with Pep, They are baffled how a manager can be so near perfect

They started peddling, he is wicked just quiet without ny evidence

All the draft articles they wrote before the season on how tikitaka doesnt work in EPL, how 70% possesion doesnt work, how Guardiola has to adapt to playing long balls or he will fail

Now they are left shredding all their drafts and loooking for new narratives

Look at the arrogant Pep, He called Spurs Harry kanes team

Look at the disrespectful Guardiola he praised Nathan Redmond that he liked how he played against City

Look at Pep he is spending money replace old and useless player, why cant he use Toure Sagna Kompany Hart and co to win the league

Now see Pep he is using 6 subs instead of 7
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:21pm On Feb 04, 2018
Roland17:

Read excerpts from sinizia's post.
Pep is the manager of the club, he has better knowledge about the resources at this disposal, however, it is also his subjective right to make emotional decisions to pursue a cause. If Pep wanted to field 7 substitutes, he would easily have, irrespective of the player quality or class. I maintain he would not dare such against the top 6 or in UCL irrespective of injury or lack of planning skills.

Why cant he do it vs a top 6 or CL game?

So you think the U17 player whch no one here knows his name or have ever heard of will be the difference in a game vs Liverpool Arsenal or Man Utd?

And what Neville wanted is

"Forget the second team - even if they played yesterday still bring one on the bench - the youth team are there. Bring a kid, travel with the team, help the kitman, put him on the bench, have the experience of being in a Premier League game and give somebody a boost."

So how does the bold make the difference vs Man Utd Chelsea or Madrid?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:22pm On Feb 04, 2018
I like as Liverpool and Tottenham draw the match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:23pm On Feb 04, 2018
This linesman has been bribed. Haba! 2 penalties in how many minutes?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 7:23pm On Feb 04, 2018
Men una dey try o. Arguing pep matter in United thread, and united fans dey reply dose trolls.
If you think you can change their stand, you dey joke. You will just waste your whole day.
Liverpool too cast.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:24pm On Feb 04, 2018
codedguy1:
I like as Liverpool and Tottenham draw the match.

The officiating is very controversial
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by randomperson: 7:33pm On Feb 04, 2018
eph12:

That's not true! Pep chose City because they offered more money.

There was even no bidding war over pep. This comment is nonsense to say the least
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by randomperson: 7:35pm On Feb 04, 2018
patrickmuf:
You don't have your facts, come back when you're arm to the teeth with it.
Conjectures don't cut it for me.
what cuts it for you doesn't matter... the footballing world understand the facts as they happened...

your opinion is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:40pm On Feb 04, 2018
randomperson:

There was even no bidding war over pep. This comment is nonsense to say the least
Of cos there was. Common sense should tell you that. If common sense fails you, deductive reasoning shouldn't smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 7:47pm On Feb 04, 2018
odizeey:
Men una dey try o. Arguing pep matter in United thread, and united fans dey reply dose trolls.
If you think you can change their stand, you dey joke. You will just waste your whole day.
Liverpool too cast.

Its absolutely amazing to me but the fact is they enjoy it so I just leave them to it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5181) (5182) (5183) (5184) (5185) (5186) (5187) ... (14213) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 100smile(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.