Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,149 members, 7,860,122 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:08 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8858660 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5183) (5184) (5185) (5186) (5187) (5188) (5189) ... (14213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 10:21pm On Feb 04, 2018
All I see in this Morocco Vs Nigeria match is Barça Vs Chelsea reloaded

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 10:29pm On Feb 04, 2018
Eruditor:
5 years or so is because we are counting from when SAF left. Arsenal did not do better than United in the last few years that SAF was there.

The five years will begin from 2013.

And yes your table suspiciously removed Arsenals Community Shield in 2015 and 2017.

Please stop trying to defend the indefensible.
SAF left at the end of 2012/2013 season. It's not up to 5 years which is a fair sample size, so this would be inconclusive.

If we start from 2013 season and add your 2 shields, that will be one silverware more. Is that the reason for all the bragado from a club who spanned over a decade without a spoon in recent memory?

Since 2013 Chelsea has won 3 silverware, Manchester City the same. We can hereby reach a deductive conclusion that Arsenal has been the best English club since Sir Alex Ferguson left.

COURT...

11 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:34pm On Feb 04, 2018
Manchester United are in advanced talks to sign Justin Kluivert this summer, according to the Daily Mirror.

The newspaper say United are ready to agree a fee of around £10m plus add-ons to sign the 18-year-old who is the son of former Dutch striker Patrick Kluivert.

United boss Jose Mourinho knows Justin from his father's time at Barcelona.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:48pm On Feb 04, 2018
ChristineC:
SAF left at the end of 2012/2013 season. It's not up to 5 years which is a fair sample size, so this would be inconclusive.

If we start from 2013 season and add your 2 shields, that will be one silverware more. Is that the reason for all the bragado from a club who spanned over a decade without a spoon in recent memory?

Since 2013 Chelsea has won 3 silverware, Manchester City the same. We can hereby reach a deductive conclusion that Arsenal has been the best English club since Sir Alex Ferguson left.

COURT...

Bwahahahagrin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:52pm On Feb 04, 2018
"He [Fellaini] had surgery this morning, I don't want to be very specific. I prefer the doctor give you some information officially that we can put on our website. But it is not the end of the season. Not at all.

"It's a small intervention in his external meniscus and I want to believe that, by the end of the March, he can be back. If he is back by the end of March, I hope we have a big April and a big May and we are still to play in more than one competition."

- JOSE MOURINHO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sebod(m): 11:02pm On Feb 04, 2018
I doubt if a United fan will not be happy if Pep had chosen his club over City and they are 13points ahead of others even if he bought Messi Neymar and co.
I am also not sure if United with Mou as the coach are leading others by 13points even after buying Messi, Neymar and co would attract any criticism from the United faithfuls. I believe everything would have just been said to be perfect.

Pep failed last season and was rightly criticised, he addressed his errors this season and he's doing fine. I don't think he still deserves all these bashings if we are to be truthful to ourselves knowing fully that it would have been a jamboree if united are the ones at the top irrespective of how much spent on which player.

I don't know how and why fielding 6 players on the bench has become an offence really, when we have seen coaches not even utilising the 3 max subs in some occasions.

Gone are the days when Barca fans were criticised of being obsessed with Madrid by always discussing them on their thread. But today, one can hardly read a line here without seeing City this, Pep that. Not even chelsea that used to be the closest rivals anymore.

I want to read more about United and how they are faring when I come here and not about City and Pep biko. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:06pm On Feb 04, 2018
Oasis007:
Manchester United are in advanced talks to sign Justin Kluivert this summer, according to the Daily Mirror.

The newspaper say United are ready to agree a fee of around £10m plus add-ons to sign the 18-year-old who is the son of former Dutch striker Patrick Kluivert.

I remember Mourinho talking to him when we played Ajax last season as if to say I'll be back for you...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 11:14pm On Feb 04, 2018
sebod:
I doubt if a United fan will not be happy if Pep had chosen his club over City and they are 13points ahead of others even if he bought Messi Neymar and co.
I am also not sure if United with Mou as the coach are leading others by 13points even after buying Messi, Neymar and co would attract any criticism from the United faithfuls. I believe everything would have just been said to be perfect.

Pep failed last season and was rightly criticised, he addressed his errors this season and he's doing fine. I don't think he still deserves all these bashings if we are to be truthful to ourselves knowing fully that it would have been a jamboree if united are the ones at the top irrespective of how much spent on which player.

I don't know how and why fielding 6 players on the bench has become an offence really, when we have seen coaches not even utilising the 3 max subs in some occasions.

Gone are the days when Barca fans were criticised of being obsessed with Madrid by always discussing them on their thread. But today, one can hardly read a line here without seeing City this, Pep that. Not even chelsea that used to be the closest rivals anymore.

I want to read more about United and how they are faring when I come here and not about City and Pep biko. grin

This is a very fair comment. Our fans seem to have developed an obsession with talking about Pep. I thought it was just the usual trolls but our fans have been just as guilty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by phaamsaam: 12:54am On Feb 05, 2018
patrickmuf:
How can the internet ever forget something it hasn't told us?
You became too clever for your IQ, well I just did on the Internet dude
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Eruditor: 12:58am On Feb 05, 2018
ChristineC:

COURT...

I am not an Arsenal fan and Kevin said his club has been rubbish since Fergie left but that in that time frame they have consistently done better than United but do not make as much noise as you lot.

5 years or so has to be 5 years or lower (cant be higher because the emphasis will be on doing better - which was his claim).

Remember the emphasis is on doing better than United (so does not involve CFC or City etc) which includes (table finishes) whilst spending less.

Keep turning the amala sha. I see why you have to. grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by phaamsaam: 1:07am On Feb 05, 2018
eph12:

Why did Pep choose to go to City instead of other clubs that were after him?
Which other clubs, some epl n Man u fans are pathetic, firstly, pep wanted to test himself in the epl, Now city started to plan for pep, two years into his bayern reign, recruiting technical staffs who he worked with from his time at Barça, all this were in preparation for pep and his ideologies, city began to model their Academy just like LA Masia, started buying players from Spain, especially LA Masia, pep was assured of almost 99% control just like he likes it, and before coming, started to plan ahead for his city bow, sources have it he recommended city bought sterling, DE bruyne, I remember vividly bayern wanted DE bruyne, but the moment pep decided he was going to city, he quickly convinced DE bruyne to ditch bayern and come to city. Many players want to play for pep, sane is another example, Jesus is another... Just like someone rightly said here, man utd fans are now the noisy neighbors... It's all evident here
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by phaamsaam: 1:16am On Feb 05, 2018
Roland17:
Why didn't Pep bring 6 subs when Liverpool hammered his side? He is lucky he got a result yesterday else the argument would be different today. He would be meeting the rest of the top 6 in the coming weeks, I dare Pep to show up with 6 subs in each game.

These are some of the issues other coaches have with Pep. It almost feels like an entitled arrogance of some sorts. He has been allowed to wear the yellow ribbon in support of Catalonia but if Mou wore that or any other coach, they would have heard it from the FA by now. No one is bigger than the league, the EPL is a very physical league and every team especially ball playing teams suffer the brunt. Ramsey, Reyes, RVP, Diaby to mention a few from my team have suffered horrific injuries from tackles during games. The same goes for other players from other teams.

Pep must be very careful not to get into a head on with the British media because they would ruin his stay in the EPL and force him out irrespective of result.
After eating the humbled pie this season, all you have got left is hating, epl dat, epl this, spare me all this media chunk, go and ask Mou how only madrid media dealt with him, you talk as if the epl is special, for the records pep knows how to effectively handle the media, all this back and forth wouldn't affect city, man utd n their sheeples can keep enjoying being the noisy neighbors they currently are
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:36am On Feb 05, 2018
phaamsaam:

Which other clubs, some epl n Man u fans are pathetic, firstly, pep wanted to test himself in the epl, Now city started to plan for pep, two years into his bayern reign, recruiting technical staffs who he worked with from his time at Barça, all this were in preparation for pep and his ideologies, city began to model their Academy just like LA Masia, started buying players from Spain, especially LA Masia, pep was assured of almost 99% control just like he likes it, and before coming, started to plan ahead for his city bow, sources have it he recommended city bought sterling, DE bruyne, I remember vividly bayern wanted DE bruyne, but the moment pep decided he was going to city, he quickly convinced DE bruyne to ditch bayern and come to city. Many players want to play for pep, sane is another example, Jesus is another... Just like someone rightly said here, man utd fans are now the noisy neighbors... It's all evident here
Academy? LOL! The one Pep couldn't find anyone to pick from. Pep has bought players in every position, players that have at least 5 years to give. So much for academy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:48am On Feb 05, 2018
odizeey:
I just wish the mods can come up with a way of restricting fans in sports section to just one club thread, and create a general thread where we can tackle each other.

With that person no go too dey see annoying posts.
go open ur website then
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 7:29am On Feb 05, 2018
Oasis007:

The boy said a move now won't make sense
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:37am On Feb 05, 2018
neezar:

The boy said a move now won't make sense

...... United ain't proposing to sign him to join us or the U23 Team now but in the Summer!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 05, 2018
sebod:

My brother that’s the hypocrisy!!
I remember most of them wanted Pep ahead of Mou when shopping for a manager

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 8:09am On Feb 05, 2018
kokaneprodigy:
go open ur website then
I no blame you, na the people when dey interact with you I blame.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:10am On Feb 05, 2018
Oasis007:

...... United ain't proposing to sign him to join us or the U23 Team now but in the Summer!

Still early. We have Sanchez, Martial and Rashford for that position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:22am On Feb 05, 2018
Leyqute:

Still early. We have Sanchez, Martial and Rashford for that position.

Is he a left Winger too?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:40am On Feb 05, 2018
Oasis007:

Is he a left Winger too?!

Yyup.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:46am On Feb 05, 2018
sebod:

Last season, Chelsea fans were in more joyous mood than they're currently. Things went well for them and it reflected in their comments. Last season, Barca fans wailed more than they did this season. So it's no rocket science that if United were in City's position, it'd have been a jamboree. Which fans won't be happy that their club are doing fine? What are you trying to achieve with this?

Though I stand with Pep on this issue, it's not about a coach utilising his max subs or not, it's about following the standard long-existing practice of bringing the maximum subs.

You're just talking off point, or simply being mischievous. Even on your thread, you guys talk about Madrid and "Oponunaldo" even while doing well this season. Last season, you guys talked about Madrid. Both here and on Chelsea thread, Pep and City has been talked about before Pep came to EPL sef. Why won't we talk about City, are they untouchable or what? Are they not a football club in EPL? Stop talking like a toddler. Are you not on a United thread talking about another club? Why didn't you say this to that troll Neymar1095 that jumps upandan talking about Pep on every thread? Where were you when Eruditør was discussing anything about Pep from last season till now on other threads?

Nigga, you're a hypocrite, and sad as it is for me to say this, I think this is a general disease amongst Barca fans.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 8:55am On Feb 05, 2018
Oasis007:

Would love 2 see him in the red shirt
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 8:58am On Feb 05, 2018
Eruditor:
I am not an Arsenal fan and Kevin said his club has been rubbish since Fergie left but that in that time frame they have consistently done better than United but do not make as much noise as you lot.

5 years or so has to be 5 years or lower (cant be higher because the emphasis will be on doing better - which was his claim).

Remember the emphasis is on doing better than United (so does not involve CFC or City etc) which includes (table finishes) whilst spending less.

Keep turning the amala sha. I see why you have to. grin
how do you perform better than another club by finishing higher on the league table and claim to be humble? Is this also something to make noise about? Arsenal is already in the pits so i can't even say this is a new low. The season is about the competitions and what you show in the end, not where you finish on league table. You mean after trimming down to such a minute sample size where you can attempt to claim superior, you are still hanging onto intangibles like league positionings and money spent.

I'm sure Tottenham fans will also say they have done better than Manchester United since 2013.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by phaamsaam: 9:07am On Feb 05, 2018
eph12:

Academy? LOL! The one Pep couldn't find anyone to pick from. Pep has bought players in every position, players that have at least 5 years to give. So much for academy
Yes because he is under pressure to win trophies, with the money and investment, and the media hyped top 4 chase, epl top clubs bar Arsenal don't give a shit about such philosophy, even my club barcelona are smart to know there is a thin line between continous success and trying to groom and promote players from the academy, because of the pressure to succeed and not be left in its wake by other direct rivals
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by phaamsaam: 9:15am On Feb 05, 2018
sinizia:

Last season, Chelsea fans were in more joyous mood than they're currently. Things went well for them and it reflected in their comments. Last season, Barca fans wailed more than they did this season. So it's no rocket science that if United were in City's position, it'd have been a jamboree. Which fans won't be happy that their club are doing fine? What are you trying to achieve with this?

Though I stand with Pep on this issue, it's not about a coach utilising his max subs or not, it's about following the standard long-existing practice of bringing the maximum subs.

You're just talking off point, or simply being mischievous. Even on your thread, you guys talk about Madrid and "Oponunaldo" even while doing well this season. Last season, you guys talked about Madrid. Both here and on Chelsea thread, Pep and City has been talked about before Pep came to EPL sef. Why won't we talk about City, are they untouchable or what? Are they not a football club in EPL? Stop talking like a toddler. Are you not on a United thread talking about another club? Why didn't you say this to that troll Neymar1095 that jumps upandan talking about Pep on every thread? Where were you when Eruditør was discussing anything about Pep from last season till now on other threads?

Nigga, you're a hypocrite, and sad as it is for me to say this, I think this is a general disease amongst Barca fans.

Keep talking about the about to become champion, whatever rocks epl fan boys boat, especially the noisy neighbors man utd, no one says you shouldn't talk, but picking on everything that happens in the blue half of Manchester, even if pep poo on his toilet sink, una go talk.. So much for the hate on pep achieving in the overhyped league by standing by his ideologies and how he sees the game... Try and talk about man utd n Mou more on this thread biko man u fans

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 05, 2018
I don't think Pep deserves all the bashings he's getting now. I don't see any usefulness of having a teenager on the bench when he was supposed to be resting to regain strength having played a difficult match 24hours earlier but I don't give a fvck. Anything to make fraudiola feel the heat is welcomed by me.

Mourinho deserves a break abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:27am On Feb 05, 2018
phaamsaam:

Yes because he is under pressure to win trophies, with the money and investment, and the media hyped top 4 chase, epl top clubs bar Arsenal don't give a shit about such philosophy, even my club barcelona are smart to know there is a thin line between continous success and trying to groom and promote players from the academy, because of the pressure to succeed and not be left in its wake by other direct rivals
So at what point did they realize that it's all fraud and they have to spend a lot of cash to win something? I mean they we're looking at his cv right and said, yeah this guy can make sense of our academy, he did it at Barcelona. So how come they decided to abandon that dream and go the opposite? If he was buying 28-30 years I would say OK it's just for 1-2 years tops but these are more or less 25 years old.

Hmmmm it's getting clearer now
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by phaamsaam: 9:29am On Feb 05, 2018
eph12:

So at what point did they realize that it's all fraud and they have to spend a lot of cash to win something? I mean they we're looking at his cv right and said, yeah this guy can make sense of our academy, he did it at Barcelona. So how come they decided to abandon that dream and go the opposite? If he was buying 28-30 years I would say OK it's just for 1-2 years tops but these are more or less 25 years old.

Hmmmm it's getting clearer now
So that you can win the epl now, deluded fans, when he has completed his time at man city, you can start wailing for all we care
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:29am On Feb 05, 2018
phaamsaam:

Keep talking about the about to become champion, whatever rocks epl fan boys boat, especially the noisy neighbors man utd, no one says you shouldn't talk, but picking on everything that happens in the blue half of Manchester, even if pep poo on his toilet sink, una go talk.. So much for the hate on pep achieving in the overhyped league by standing by his ideologies and how he sees the game... Try and talk about man utd n Mou more on this thread biko man u fans
We are only countering the narrative (half-truths and outright lies) peddled by Pep and Barca fan boys, it wasn't always like this down here, guess it got to most of us and we decided to counter attack.
As Sinizia right put it, it's hypocrisy for a Barca fan to come here trying to draw our attention to something that they're renowned for. When Raumdeuter, Eruditor and the likes come here with their Pep campaign, I don't see you guys cautioning them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:29am On Feb 05, 2018
IFearGod:
I don't think Pep deserves all the bashings he's getting now. I don't see any usefulness of having a teenager on the bench when he was supposed to be resting to regain strength having played a difficult match 24hours earlier but I don't give a fvck. Anything to make fraudiola feel the heat is welcomed by me.

Mourinho deserves a break abeg.
Actually Pep is doing an excellent job at City but that's what it is. Nothing we haven't seen before
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by phaamsaam: 9:32am On Feb 05, 2018
patrickmuf:
We are only countering the narrative (half-truths and outright lies) peddled by Pep and Barca fan boys, it wasn't always like this down here, guess it got to most of us and we decided to counter attack.
As Sinizia right put it, it's hypocrisy for a Barca fan to come here trying to draw our attention to something that they're renowned for. When Raumdeuter, Eruditor and the likes come here with their Pep campaign, I don't see you guys cautioning them.
Well everyone has got the right to comment, what you guys should do is make sure the thread is filled up more with man, Mou, and the club discuss, you can't come to barca thread and see it filled with 70% discuss of madrid, or atletico, take pride in your club, imagine how many pages of discuss 6subs took here, one would start to think man u fans are really the noisy neighbors, seriously probably they have become that

(1) (2) (3) ... (5183) (5184) (5185) (5186) (5187) (5188) (5189) ... (14213) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.