Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,510 members, 7,861,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:36 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (547) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8865870 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:35pm On Nov 07, 2013
**** Osar, Mata and Hazard are used as a benchmark for no.10. Yet they couldn't win the league and went out of UCL group stage.

**** When Oscar or Mata or Harzard or Silva or Ozil has achieved the below, them we can begin to discuss if they are as effective as Wayne Rooney in the number 10.

Rooney makes the world of difference for 10-man United

Victory comes despite straight red card for defender Vidic

Monday 22 December 2008 01.16 GMT

Sir Alex Ferguson feared the Club World Cup could have repercussions for Manchester United and now he can name the time and place when its impact will be felt: 24 February 2009 at the San Siro, when their defence of the Champions League will continue without Nemanja Vidic after his foolish dismissal against Liga de Quito. Right now, however, that seems a small price to pay for a club who like to think themselves the biggest in the world and can now officially claim to be the best.

While Wayne Rooney received a car from Toyota as the player of this tourna­ment and the architect of United's 2008 treble — champions of England, ­champions of Europe and now champions of the world — Vidic collected a needless red card for an elbow on Claudio Bieler in the 49th minute of yesterday's final. The influential central defender will be suspended for United's next Champions League game at Internazionale, given that it is technically a qualifying event for the Club World Cup, and possibly longer once Fifa passes its official report on to Uefa's disciplinary committee. "He will get at least a one-match ban," a Fifa spokesman confirmed. "A Fifa commission will have to meet to decide if they will recommend any more to Uefa."

Not even Ferguson could find room for complaint. "He just pushed it into him really. It was soft, but if you do that in front of the referee you give yourself no chance," the United manager admitted. "It's disappointing. It was unnecessary because the two central defenders were having the easiest night they had had for ages. I don't know how long the ban will be but I hope it is not too bad for us."

Ferguson had every right to be aggrieved with the Serbian international, who refused to discuss the incident afterwards as he told waiting reporters: "This is not a good time for me."

At least he got that right. The elbow was an unnecessary risk in a final United had dominated and an undeserved diversion from the achievement of becoming the first English team to win the Club World Cup in its expanded form.

As has been the case throughout ­United's time in Japan, Rooney revelled in the occasion and delivered the victory the team deserved with the goal his outstanding display merited in the 73rd minute.

The winner, swept into the far corner of José Cevallos's goal after Michael Carrick and Cristiano Ronaldo had combined to tee him up on the left of the area, spared United the anxiety of playing a further 30 minutes with 10 men against opponents who came to life only with defeat steadily closing in. "It's an amazing feeling to be a world champion," said Rooney, whose demeanour has defied those who doubt the credibility of this tournament.

"I looked at my phone in the dressing room after I'd had a shower and there was a text from a friend saying 'Congratulations, you're a world champion'. That's a great feeling, one that no one can ever take away from you. It's the perfect way to end the year, winning a third trophy to go with the Premier League and Cham­pions League."

Rooney epitomised United's greater ambition, intent and quality from the start, forcing two saves from Cevallos with thunderous attempts in the first half and also chipping just over the Liga de Quito goal when played through by the first in a series of incisive passes from Carrick.

The only time Rooney suffered any discomfort was when handed a giant golden car key in the post-match presentation. How big must the car be? "I'll be keeping the car," added the owner of a £177,100 Aston Martin Vanquish and a £112,750 Bentley Continental GT — among others.

Theoretically this was a contest between the first- and second-best club sides in the world but the Ecuadorians' true status undermines Fifa's desire to have this event appreciated throughout the world. Liga de Quito arrived with only two objectives in mind: to stage a damage-limitation exercise and to attempt to damage Ronaldo's ankles. Only in the final stages did they show the quality or desire that brought them the Copa Libertadores this year.

"I don't think they really wanted to play," said Edwin van der Sar, who produced two spectacular saves from shots by Alejandro Manso and should have been beaten in the fourth minute when Jairo Campos somehow miscued wide from two yards out. "When they broke, only four players came out, and for our part we were disappointed we didn't score and punish them earlier. Even in the second half they were not coming out of their shell. We were still playing the best football and had the best possession with 10 men." This event may lack prestige in Europe but, Vidic apart, United will not rue the exertion required to become champions of the world.

Man of the match Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/dec/21/manchester-united-quito-club-world-cup-rooney-vidic
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:47pm On Nov 07, 2013
elampiro:
1. Only one answer to the Rooney's argument. 17 UCL knockout goals, yes you to score in the quarter to be able to qualify to score in the semifinal. I guess all the big 3 teams in Italy, Spain, Germany, England and France had number 10s.

Also you have to be consistent to be a number 10 in a big club for 10 years.

hahahaha - rooney? number 10 for 10 years in europe where 80% of our formation has been 4-3-3 & 4-5-1? elampiro, why do you like lying?

2. Go back to my comments on Valencia and Nani. Read them thoroughly. At a certain time, I even mentioned I was confused about who to pick. But this season, I have no doubt.

so after only 2-5 games nani has played this season, you were able to conclude valencia is the better winger? as in, 2-5 games this season has changed your long-held beliefs?

elampiro, if you earned 1 iraqi dinar for each lie you have told, you would be a billionaire in british pounds.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:50pm On Nov 07, 2013
I choose to side with Valencia because whatever he lacks in skill, vision and ability, he makes up in drive, devotion and determination... and that is least you can ask off a man!

Nani has the "bag of skill" and "bundle of talent"... but "POTENTIAL" energy is not "KINETIC"!

As for Rooney... he should be understudying Ryan Giggs for the left-wing/attack position!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:53pm On Nov 07, 2013
RuuDie: I choose to side with Valencia because whatever he lacks in skill, vision and ability, he makes up in drive, devotion and determination... and that is least you can ask off a man!

Nani has the "bag of skill" and "bundle of talent"... but "POTENTIAL" energy is not "KINETIC"!

but drive, determination & devotion does not make him better than the one naturally blessed with the skill. nani's upper & bottom level are miles ahead of what valencia can touch.

you are doing the equivalent of preferring andy caroll to berbatov.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:57pm On Nov 07, 2013
coogar:

hahahaha - rooney? number 10 for 10 years in europe where 80% of our formation has been 4-3-3 & 4-5-1? elampiro, why do you like lying?

so after only 2-5 games nani has played this season, you were able to conclude valencia is the better winger? as in, 2-5 games this season has changed your long-held beliefs?

elampiro, if you earned 1 iraqi dinar for each lie you have told, you would be a billionaire in british pounds.

1. Do you mean it's only in Europe United has been playing in the past 10 years. Rooney has been our number 10 both in the EPL and UCL in the past 10 years.

The formation may change but number 10 remains number 10, the joker. Rooney has been our joker in all tournaments.

2. As usual, Nani only showed a sign of potential in those 2.5 games. Just like when you play a 17 years old and you see massive potentials but you know there is still a long way to go.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:03pm On Nov 07, 2013
elampiro:
1. Do you mean it's only in Europe United has been playing in the past 10 years. Rooney has been our number 10 both in the EPL and UCL in the past 10 years.

so you have now agreed the 17 UCL knock-out goals as a no.10 is a fraudulent claim. in 2006/7, rooney was the lead striker in the knock out stage. in 07/08 & 08/09 united played 4-3-3 with rooney playing wide to accommodate ronaldo. in 09/10, rooney was the arrow head.

The formation may change but number 10 remains number 10, the joker. Rooney has been our joker in all tournaments.

the formation change paints a different scenario & puts a dent in your claim. other no.10s play as no.10s, rooney has played mostly as the lead striker in the last 10 years.

2. As usual, Nani only showed a sign of potential in those 2.5 games. Just like when you play a 17 years old and you see massive potentials but you know there is still a long way to go.

you have just described rooney - when you watch ozil & kagawa operate in the hole & you compare them to rooney, the difference is like watching a ferrari & a molue on a racecourse.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 1:13pm On Nov 07, 2013
coogar:

but drive, determination & devotion does not make him better than the one naturally blessed with the skill. nani's upper & bottom level are miles ahead of what valencia can touch.

you are doing the equivalent of preferring andy caroll to berbatov.

This here, lies the crux of the matter...! We know how "gifted" Berbatov is; based on skill and talent he is probably miles better than Rooney, Welbeck and perhaps maybe even Chicha, but where is he now!!? More often than not, we got grief and dissatisfaction from playing him --- all this, borne out of the fact that we know he can offer much more than he did at the time!

Now, do not get me wrong, I am not taking anything away from Nani --- there are many variables involved that could lead to players not delivering as we know or believe they can --- and I think on his day, he "potentially" poses a far bigger threat than Tony V, can even be better than CR7... but he is not just doing enough!

My point ultimately is, Tony V most often than not gives us a 90-100% of his "limited ability"; Nani gives me 40-55% of his "fantastic talent" --- and it usually isn't good enough for a player of his quality.
In truth, UTD is just "managing" what Valencia gives; its a case of half bread better than a quarter really --- but at the end of the day, its helping the team!

A very good mirror of this Nani vs Tony V. debate is Nasri vs Milner at City.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:18pm On Nov 07, 2013
coogar:

so you have now agreed the 17 UCL knock-out goals as a no.10 is a fraudulent claim. in 2006/7, rooney was the lead striker in the knock out stage. in 07/08 & 08/09 united played 4-3-3 with rooney playing wide to accommodate ronaldo. in 09/10, rooney was the arrow head.

the formation change paints a different scenario & puts a dent in your claim. other no.10s play as no.10s, rooney has played mostly as the lead striker in the last 10 years.

you have just described rooney - when you watch ozil & kagawa operate in the hole & you compare them to rooney, the difference is like watching a ferrari & a molue on a racecourse.

1. So what has Ozil hole role done for his team? No UCL trophy or final. Same with Kagawa. Now you want to drag us back?

2. We need a hole player who can adapt and win games against different teams. In 2010/11, Rooney was in the hole and we got to the final. He even scored a goal from the hole against Barca and in Chelsea in Stamford Bridge. In 2007/8 he was mostly on the left, but sometimes right. He scored goals from there. In 2009/10 I could only remember he leading the attack once- against Bayern Munich. At Old Trafford I have forgotten the formation. In 2006/7, I thought we had Oleg and Saha? We also had Larsson with us on loan. Lasson led our attack in some matches.

Overall a joker is a joker. We need a joker and not a static player who will not adapt.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:36pm On Nov 07, 2013
elampiro:
1. So what has Ozil hole role done for his team? No UCL trophy or final. Same with Kagawa. Now you want to drag us back?

his team is currently 8 points ahead of rooney's team. his team räped rooney's team in the last world cup where a young ozil destroyed rooney's international credibility in the biggest stage.

do you want more?

2. We need a hole player who can adapt and win games against different teams. In 2010/11, Rooney was in the hole and we got to the final. He even scored a goal from the hole against Barca and in the two Chelsea ties.

he scored a goal but stunk the whole joint for the remaining parts of the game. we would have played better without him. that he scored in that game does not mean he played well. SAF still believes rooney's inability to stay close to busquets cost us the game.

In 2007/8 he was mostly on the left, but sometimes right. He scored goals from there. In 2009/10 I could only remember he leading the attack once- against Bayern Munich. At Old Trafford I have forgotten the formation. In 2006/7, I thought we had Oleg and Saha? We also had Larsson with us on loan. Lasson led our attack in some matches.

finally, elampiro has admitted his initial claim is a fraud. rooney hasn't scored 17 UCL knock out goals playing in the hole. he's been moved everywhere & he's played mostly as a striker when he scored those goals.

Overall a joker is a joker. We need a joker and not a static player who will not adapt.

overall, rooney should be sold!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:49pm On Nov 07, 2013
RuuDie:
This here, lies the crux of the matter...! We know how "gifted" Berbatov is; based on skill and talent he is probably miles better than Rooney, Welbeck and perhaps maybe even Chicha, but where is he now!!? More often than not, we got grief and dissatisfaction from playing him --- all this, borne out of the fact that we know he can offer much more than he did at the time!

that's because the english fans prefer perspiration to inspiration. as long as a player works his bollocks off, he must be better than the ones whose skills do not make them run about like headless chickens. compare how kagawa plays to rooney......one is composed, gifted with an incredible close control & the other is just a hardworking street footballer with no discipline, poor touch & lack of vision.

Now, do not get me wrong, I am not taking anything away from Nani --- there are many variables involved that could lead to players not delivering as we know or believe they can --- and I think on his day, he "potentially" poses a far bigger threat than Tony V, can even be better than CR7... but he is not just doing enough!

nani can do enough but we often forget the uncertainty around starting a game can hinder performance. nani's best output for us was when valencia was out injured. nani knew come rain come shine, he would start games & this boosted his confidence & mental strength. these days, moyes doesn't even know his best team.

My point ultimately is, Tony V most often than not gives us a 90-100% of his "limited ability"; Nani gives me 40-55% of his "fantastic talent" --- and it usually isn't good enough for a player of his quality.
In truth, UTD is just "managing" what Valencia gives; its a case of half bread better than a quarter really --- but at the end of the day, its helping the team!

you are not saying much, here. grin
valencia's 90-100% of his limited ability(25%) is 23%. nani's 40-55% of his world class talent(100%) is still 40% at bottom level & 55% at the ceiling level. nani would still hurt opponents far more than valencia. i would rather have 30% of quality than 90% of substandard quality.

A very good mirror of this Nani vs Tony V. debate is Nasri vs Milner at City.

nasri is infinitely better than milner - if milner isn't english, he would be a labourer in a construction site or perhaps a very diligent rugby player. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:54pm On Nov 07, 2013
coogar:

his team is currently 8 points ahead of rooney's team. his team räped rooney's team in the last world cup where a young ozil destroyed rooney's international credibility in the biggest stage.

do you want more?

he scored a goal but stunk the whole joint for the remaining parts of the game. we would have played better without him. that he scored in that game does not mean he played well. SAF still believes rooney's inability to stay close to busquets cost us the game.

finally, elampiro has admitted his initial claim is a fraud. rooney hasn't scored 17 UCL knock out goals playing in the hole. he's been moved everywhere & he's played mostly as a striker when he scored those goals.

1. I just saw this now.

Ozil, 31 UCL appearance for Real Madrid = 4 goals.

2. Now you jumped to national team. Hahaha. Did they win the tournament? That tournament Angela Merkel had to apologise to Cameron on ref's error in canceling Lampard's goal which was a key decision step in the match.

3. Rooney scored in Stamford Bridge and we won. He was also in the hole in other matches and we won. Rooney was our only good player on the night until Scholes arrived at 1-3.

4. Rooney has played scantily as a striker. I can even remember only one or two match(es) he led. The rest as a player in the holes, on the left or right. Kagawa can't play that way.

Ozil = 4 letter word = 4 UCL goals in 31 appearances for mighty Madrid where chances are like pure water. Rooney would have scored 20 in 31 games. No wonder Madrid were always failing against tough teams.

Ozil may win the Epl or whatever, he will always be inferior to Rooney in football.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:54pm On Nov 07, 2013
coogar:

do you want more?

1. I just saw this now.

2. Now you jumped to national team. Hahaha. Did they win the tournament? That tournament Angela Merkel had to apologise to Cameron on ref's error in canceling Lampard's goal which was a key decision step in the match.

3. Rooney scored in Stamford Bridge and we won. He was also in the hole in other matches and we won. Rooney was our only good player on the night until Scholes arrived at 1-3.

4. Rooney has played scantily as a striker. I can even remember only one or two match(es) he led. The rest as a player in the holes, on the left or right. Kagawa can't play that way.

Ozil = 4 letter word = 4 UCL goals in 31 appearances for mighty Madrid where chances are like pure water. Rooney would have scored 20 in 31 games. No wonder Madrid were always failing against tough teams.

Ozil may win the Epl or whatever, he will always be inferior to Rooney in football.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:12pm On Nov 07, 2013
elampiro:
1. I just saw this now.

ozil plays in the hole, goalscoring is the least of his problems - creating goals is his number one priority. 5 goals + 21 assists in 45 appearances is decent for a player that has never played as a centre forward.

rooney has played mostly as a centre forward in europe....his stats are skewed. despite that, he has a miserable 29 goals in 75 appearances. he's a disgrace - to put this in perspective, lampard has 23 goals & gerrard has 19.

5 goals were scored in that game by both teams - rooney took part in none of the goals either by scoring or assisting. what a national disgrace of a player.

giggs & carrick were the best players on the night. giggs assisted all the goals we scored against chelsea in both legs. elampiro - lying is a sin.

rooney was the lone striker throughout 2009/10. he played as a striker in several games in the seasons before then & even after.

Ozil = 4 letter word = 4 UCL goals in 31 appearances for mighty Madrid where chances are like pure water. Rooney would have scored 20 in 31 games. No wonder Madrid were always failing against tough teams. Ozil may win the Epl or whatever, he will always be inferior to Rooney in football.

in a united side that played in 3 champions league finals in 4 seasons, rooney's goal stat was abysmal. he's useless for his club & worthless for his country.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:45pm On Nov 07, 2013
coogar:

ozil plays in the hole, goalscoring is the least of his problems - creating goals is his number one priority. 5 goals + 21 assists in 45 appearances is decent for a player that has never played as a centre forward.

rooney has played mostly as a centre forward in europe....his stats are skewed. despite that, he has a miserable 29 goals in 75 appearances. he's a disgrace - to put this in perspective, lampard has 23 goals & gerrard has 19.

5 goals were scored in that game by both teams - rooney took part in none of the goals either by scoring or assisting. what a national disgrace of a player.

giggs & carrick were the best players on the night. giggs assisted all the goals we scored against chelsea in both legs. elampiro - lying is a sin.

rooney was the lone striker throughout 2009/10. he played as a striker in several games in the seasons before then & even after.

in a united side that played in 3 champions league finals in 4 seasons, rooney's goal stat was abysmal. he's useless for his club & worthless for his country.

1. 5 goals in 45 appearances? Okokobioko.

2. Ozil 21 assists in 45 matches for someone who plays in the hole all the time. That's helping to get only one goal in 2 matches. And we want a hole player? It means if we play in the knockout, this hole man is only capable of assisting 1 goal in a two legged tie. Yet he had CR7 and Benzema in front of him and Alonso and Di Maria behind him. Now I knew why Madrid failed in Europe.

3. Stats were skewed. Excuses as usual.

4. Rooney was our best player against Barca. Dats all. Carrick was our failure link in the final against Barca.
Rooney scored from the hole against Chelsea and got us an all important away win. From the hole he propelled us to the final. Something Ozil is yet to do.

5. 2009/10. We had Berbatov as our number 9. He failed to live up.

6. Rooney was a key reason why we got to 3 UCL finals in 4 years. He scored against virtually all the big opponents. SAF was always resting him in small games. Something Moyes has not had the luxury to do. Rooney was involved in the demolition of Roma, but SAF rested him in the return leg at Old Trafford. He was involved in away ties against Bayern and Schalke but was not available in the home games due to injury and SAF decision to rest him. These are just knockout games, but the resting is usually more in group games.

Now tell me how many goals Berba scored that period?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:52pm On Nov 07, 2013
elampiro:
1. 5 goals in 45 appearances? Okokobioko.

ozil assists goals - the highest in europe in the last 3 seasons.

2. Ozil 21 assists in 45 matches for someone who plays in the hole all the time. That's helping to get only one goal in 2 matches. And we want a hole player? It means if we play in the knockout, this hole man is only capable of assisting 1 goal in a two legged tie. Yet he had CR7 and Benzema in front of him and Alonso and Di Maria behind him. Now I knew why Madrid failed in Europe.

he was a sub in many of those games.....but his stats still make him the highest goal maker in europe.

3. Stats were skewed. Excuses as usual.

skewed stats!!!

4. Rooney was our best player against Barca. Dats all. Carrick was our failure link in the final against Barca.

liar liar......
rooney was the only player SAF blamed for the loss. i have posted articles highlighting this bit. he failed to deal with busquets - rene also mentioned it in his interview that rooney's failure to stick to the managers instructions caused arguments @ halftime & the team didn't make the best use of their time to plan ahead of the 2nd half.

Rooney scored from the hole against Chelsea and got us an all important away win. From the hole he propelled us to the final. Something Ozil is yet to do.

propelled who to the final? what about giggs(assisting 3 goals) or hernandez & park that scored in the 2nd leg where rooney was anonymous throughout?

5. 2009/10. We had Berbatov as our number 9. He failed to live up.

you are a pathological liar - rooney played as the centre forward in 09/10. berbatov operated behind rooney throughout that season. it was only when rooney got injured in march that berbatov started as the lead striker.

you mean rooney got 34 goals playing in the hole that season? elampiro - you should win a nobel-prize for lying. grin

6. Rooney was a key reason why we got to 3 UCL finals in 4 years. He scored against virtually all the big opponents. SAF was always resting him in small games.

anonymous in 07/08 & 08/09 & he was only part of the trio that got us to the final in 10/11.

Something Moyes has not had the luxury to do. Rooney was involved in the demolition of Roma, but SAF rested him in the return leg at Old Trafford. He was involved in away ties against Bayern and Schalke but was not available in the home games due to injury and SAF decision to rest him. These are just knockout games, but the resting is usually more in group games.

ronaldo & park were the star men against roma, rooney was anonymous. against bayern? rooney started both legs against bayern when nani/valencia outshone him. he was quickly removed as he stunk the whole joint. when did SAF rest rooney against bayern? must you lie?

Now tell me how many goals Berba scored that period?

abeg, talk another thing - rooney & berbatov aren't mates!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 1025: 4:07pm On Nov 07, 2013
fans of divers are celebrating their achievements here. very soon, God will expose ur secret deals with refs as He has done to young now.
i don't have respect for ur fraudulent trophies.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:49pm On Nov 07, 2013
dademola: grin grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy bros I tire oo for all these argument/accusation & counter argument/accusation...I no even get reply sef cheesy cheesy cheesy
My PC went for servicing, if not eh Elampiro deserve one meme I swear
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:55pm On Nov 07, 2013
coogar: ronaldo & park were the star men against roma, rooney was anonymous. against bayern? rooney started both legs against bayern when nani/valencia outshone him. he was quickly removed as he stunk the whole joint. when did SAF rest rooney against bayern? must you lie?
Nani's performance against Bayern @ Old Trafford has to rank among the best individual performances in the last decade of UCL!
Nigggaa was totally unplayable on the night undecided even when he moved up as a lone striker, he was just unlucky
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:34pm On Nov 07, 2013
coogar:

ozil assists goals - the highest in europe in the last 3 seasons.

he was a sub in many of those games.....but his stats still make him the highest goal maker in europe.

skewed stats!!!

liar liar......
rooney was the only player SAF blamed for the loss. i have posted articles highlighting this bit. he failed to deal with busquets - rene also mentioned it in his interview that rooney's failure to stick to the managers instructions caused arguments @ halftime & the team didn't make the best use of their time to plan ahead of the 2nd half.

propelled who to the final? what about giggs(assisting 3 goals) or hernandez & park that scored in the 2nd leg where rooney was anonymous throughout?

you are a pathological liar - rooney played as the centre forward in 09/10. berbatov operated behind rooney throughout that season. it was only when rooney got injured in march that berbatov started as the lead striker.

you mean rooney got 34 goals playing in the hole that season? elampiro - you should win a nobel-prize for lying. grin

anonymous in 07/08 & 08/09 & he was only part of the trio that got us to the final in 10/11.

ronaldo & park were the star men against roma, rooney was anonymous. against bayern? rooney started both legs against bayern when nani/valencia outshone him. he was quickly removed as he stunk the whole joint. when did SAF rest rooney against bayern? must you lie?

abeg, talk another thing - rooney & berbatov aren't mates!!!

I am done with the argument. When you run out f ideas you resort to insults and calling people names and liars.

If Rooney operated as the lead striker in 2009/10 and 2011/12, how come stat showed he was among the best creators those seasons? Stat also showed he was one of the highest passers from midfield. His pass accuracy from midfield and number of passes were one of the highest in the EPL those seasons. So he shared himself into two?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:36pm On Nov 07, 2013
Nani is like a very brilliant kid who can score an "A" whenever he is "in the mood" or a straight up "F9" when he is not --- problem is, when is he ever "in the mood"!? Because more often than not, he isn't

Valencia is like the regular "average" kid --- you almost can't tell his best apart from worst days because he is always at the "C/D" grade levels --- on the very rare occasions, he gives a "B" grade performance but most importantly, even "Fs" are equally rare.

Most managers would start a Valencia over Nani --- simply because going with Nani is a "gamble". That said, if Rafael isn't fit, I'd love to see Nani ahead of Valencia (RW/RB) against Arsenal... to me, our right side will be the key to victory!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:45pm On Nov 07, 2013
SailorXY:
Nani's performance against Bayern @ Old Trafford has to rank among the best individual performances in the last decade of UCL!
Nigggaa was totally unplayable on the night undecided even when he moved up as a lone striker, he was just unlucky

Thats the thing with Nani... we can pick out individual instances where he has stood out magnificently but usually those instances are eons apart. Valencia never "stands out", almost never does anything "fantastic"; but he is always there, contributing his "widows mite" game after game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:51pm On Nov 07, 2013
A-40:

Mourinho is high on purple haze! Who are the six teams contesting for the EPL title? let him list them please
Only a naïve EPL fan would not know the league is between Man U and the rest! If not for Drogba's offside goal and Aguero's last minute winner we would be talking about Man U with 7 titles in a row whereas the BuLi can legitimately boast of 4 different champions within that timeframe

Man U have had their worst start in the EPL yet they are only 8 pts behind Arsenal and right now I can't even bet against Man U catching up and overtaking them
that shows how one-sided the league is! So much for competition

I couldn't help but dig this out for the rest of y'all to see!

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Katsumoto: 8:57pm On Nov 07, 2013
Did someone really state that Ozil is inferior to Rooney? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:58pm On Nov 07, 2013
elampiro:
I am done with the argument. When you run out f ideas you resort to insults and calling people names and liars.

i called you a liar cos you are lying - you think i won't call you out if you decide to blatantly lie to distort the facts?

If Rooney operated as the lead striker in 2009/10 and 2011/12, how come stat showed he was among the best creators those seasons?

you are embarrassing yourself.
in 09/10, rooney assisted a total of 5 league goals all season. in 2011/12, he assisted a miserable 7 goals.....berbatov assisted 6 league goals despite playing 700 league mins less than rooney. this is even discounting the fact that dimitar doesn't take setplays....

so that's another of your lie exposed....
when rooney had a striker ahead of him, he got 10 league assists(12/13), 11 assists(10/11), 13 assists(07/08), 12(06/07). even a blind man can see the difference in output?

Stat also showed he was one of the highest passers from midfield. His pass accuracy from midfield and number of passes were one of the highest in the EPL those seasons. So he shared himself into two?

shut up your mouth & quit the sentiments
drogba scored 29 goals & copped 13 assists in 09/10, did he share himself into two or drogba played in the hole for chelsea? do you not have any decorum when you lie?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 9:18pm On Nov 07, 2013
RuuDie:

I couldn't help but dig this out for the rest of y'all to see!

grin
Rotflol!!! cheesy.grin

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
When did Elampiro started using stat to defend his stand tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 07, 2013
1025: fans of divers are celebrating their achievements here. very soon, God will expose ur secret deals with refs as He has done to young now.
i don't have respect for ur fraudulent trophies.
this confused goat is back again! Smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:33pm On Nov 07, 2013
Coogar doo you understand English or you take delight in twisting my words?

Where did I say Rooney was rested against Bayern? You don't know the meaning of injury? Rooney was our best man in Munich. He picked an injury there and SAF had to manage him at Old Trafford. Bayern only came into the match the moment Rooney's injury aggravated and he stared limping.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:38pm On Nov 07, 2013
coogar:

i called you a liar cos you are lying - you think i won't call you out if you decide to blatantly lie to distort the facts?

you are embarrassing yourself.
in 09/10, rooney assisted a total of 5 league goals all season. in 2011/12, he assisted a miserable 7 goals.....berbatov assisted 6 league goals despite playing 700 league mins less than rooney. this is even discounting the fact that dimitar doesn't take setplays....

so that's another of your lie exposed....
when rooney had a striker ahead of him, he got 10 league assists(12/13), 11 assists(10/11), 13 assists(07/08), 12(06/07). even a blind man can see the difference in output?

shut up your mouth & quit the sentiments
drogba scored 29 goals & copped 13 assists in 09/10, did he share himself into two or drogba played in the hole for chelsea? do you not have any decorum when you lie?

You are confused and deluded. We have argued this before and your chart showed Rooney had more assists and clear cut chances created than Berba.

Also, another chart showed only Carrick and Scholes were with Rooney in midfield pass accuracy. Even long pass were included. The chart showed Rooney had one of the EPL highest passes from the midfield in 2011/12.

You are a chronic liar.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:40pm On Nov 07, 2013
Katsumoto: Did someone really state that Ozil is inferior to Rooney? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

So you were one of those brainwashed? What has Ozil achieved in football? Or what has he helped his team to achieve. Then we can compare with Rooney's record.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:47pm On Nov 07, 2013
RuuDie:

Thats the thing with Nani... we can pick out individual instances where he has stood out magnificently but usually those instances are eons apart. Valencia never "stands out", almost never does anything "fantastic"; but he is always there, contributing his "widows mite" game after game.

Valencia also has many matches he gave magnificent performance. All his matches before his broken leg were absolutely magnificent. When he returned he continued from there but anther bad injury dazed him.

Only two players have ever rubbished Ashley Cole. Ronaldinho and Valencia. Ronaldinho at the world cup, Valencia at Old Trafford against Chelsea in 2010/11 season. That was a league deciding match and every ball Valencia touched was excellent. Ashley Young was looking for him all night.

Even some UCL games too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:48pm On Nov 07, 2013
elampiro: Coogar doo you understand English or you take delight in twisting my words?

Where did I say Rooney was rested against Bayern? You don't know the meaning of injury? Rooney was our best man in Munich. He picked an injury there and SAF had to manage him at Old Trafford. Bayern only came into the match the moment Rooney's injury aggravated and he stared limping.

you are a semi-illiterate.....

Something Moyes has not had the luxury to do. Rooney was involved in the demolition of Roma, but SAF rested him in the return leg at Old Trafford. He was involved in away ties against Bayern and Schalke but was not available in the home games due to injury and SAF decision to rest him. These are just knockout games, but the resting is usually more in group games.

can you tell us what you mean by rooney wasn't available in the home games when it's well-documented that rooney started against bayern!

elampiro:
You are confused and deluded. We have argued this before and your chart showed Rooney had more assists and clear cut chances created than Berba.

you are a fool....
which stüpid chart? the fact that rooney takes set-plays mean he would create more chances than a player who doesn't but his number of assists were fewer than the seasons he had a striker ahead of him.

Also, another chart showed only Carrick and Scholes were with Rooney in midfield pass accuracy. Even long pass were included. The chart showed Rooney had one of the EPL highest passes from the midfield in 2011/12.

midfield pass accuracy?
you are a disgrace to manhood, your village & everything you are remotely connected to. how can rooney have the 3rd best passing accuracy when he was the lead striker in 11/12? if you don't show us this chart, thunder will chop you into plantain bits tonight, you disgraceful ruminant animal.

You are a chronic liar.

says the liar that is claiming without presenting any evidence to substantiate his claims.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:59pm On Nov 07, 2013
coogar:

you are a semi-illiterate.....

can you tell us what you mean by rooney wasn't available in the home games when it's well-documented that rooney started against bayern!

You are a compound illiterate. Look at the build up of that write up. He was injured and was not fit to play. He was only managed into the game to encourage the other lads.

I was only using that as an example why he did not score more goals in the UCL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: bolu96(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.