Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (544) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8793464 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (14182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 9:03am On Nov 06, 2013
Oghos1:

Reus n kagawa situation. They are not similar in anyway.

Reus is physically strong, very versatile(can play in any of d roles behind d front man, as an inverted winger, out n out winger and can even play in d hole) n is ambidextrous almost as ambidextrous as carzola.

He may not want to leave. True but nt for that reason u mentioned

Klopp seems to still be into kagawa. And a kagawa + good money may be too good for him to turn down.
i repeat Reus will NEVER leave BVb for United. When Lewandoski leaves there is a chance he can be put at the helm of the attack , so you really think Klopp would let his 3 best layers leave in the space of 2 seasons?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 06, 2013
leggo:
i repeat Reus will NEVER leave BVb for United. When Lewandoski leaves there is a chance he can be put at the helm of the attack , so you really think Klopp would let his 3 best layers leave in the space of 2 seasons?
watz ur point of emphasis? He can neva leave BvB for united or can never leave BvB?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 9:48am On Nov 06, 2013
Oghos1: watz ur point of emphasis? He can neva leave BvB for united or can never leave BvB?
he can't leave bvb . he's the most loved by the fans. The board will never let him leave , his contract is soon to be reviewed to eliminate the buyout clause..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 06, 2013
leggo:
he can't leave bvb . he's the most loved by the fans. The board will never let him leave , his contract is soon to be reviewed to eliminate the buyout clause..
lol. He may not leave anytime soon. Agreed. But saying he will neva leave is nt correct sir
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 10:10am On Nov 06, 2013
Oghos1: lol. He may not leave anytime soon. Agreed. But saying he will neva leave is nt correct sir
it seems unlikely because BVB are his childhood club
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 06, 2013
leggo:
it seems unlikely because BVB are his childhood club
wrong o

He was signed from borussia monchengladbach d year kagawa left
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 10:25am On Nov 06, 2013
Oghos1: wrong o

He was signed from borussia monchengladbach d year kagawa left
he played for dortmund's youth team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 10:27am On Nov 06, 2013
elampiro:

...And people applauding the diving as a created chance, whereas it was a lost possession.
I think his bent shoulders and hunchback may have naturally tipped his balance and given him a heightened sense of falling

More from the Fallon D' Floor candidate

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:27am On Nov 06, 2013
StarBoard:
Abeg no need to harp on that, jare.
Those without common sense can't be bothered to know that Kagawa in the hole is the solution to our attacking malaise.
We have been saying it all season that Rooney is ineffective in that role and cannot do anything specific well.
So Rooney must play since according to some numpties, he's the soul of United.
But no, we have no brains. That's why according to some peeps, Valencia, who shouldn't be playing in the Premier League, is United's best player.

you should know some people are spiritually blind by now. even the most ardent rooney fans admitted rooney was a disgrace yesterday. he was pure wänk. he should consider retirement. how does he sleep at night when he watches messi & ronaldo perform close to 100% each time they step on the pitch?

RVP & hernandez can miss 5 golden chances each & get away with it. they have bailed us more in the past & the RVP chance wasn't that bad considering the ball came at him on his weaker foot. rooney wouldn't have scored that from his left foot too - we saw him miss one against leverkusen. hernandez was just unlucky with the ball bobbling up just before he struck it.

Did he create any to start with?
What kind of useless talk is this one? While he was on the pitch last night, what were we doing?

rooney & creativity are parallel lines. he doesn't even understand how to support a striker. see how kagawa came to life once he was played centrally - vertical passing to the main striker increased at a higher frequency once rooney left the pitch. he's a waste of space. we should cut ties with him & sign a world class midfielder.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:56am On Nov 06, 2013
Cristalz:

Do y'all see the amount of work Rooney is putting in on that pitch abi bias is blocking some eyes as usual? grin

grin grin grin were you watching a replay Man united vs AC Milan?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:40am On Nov 06, 2013
SailorXY:
grin grin grin were you watching a replay Man united vs AC Milan?

it's the english thing - when an attacking player is useless at creativity, they wow at his workrate. i have never seen messi/ronaldo getting accolades for workrate or defensive ability. these top players just do the business in the opponents area & win games for their respective clubs.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superstar1(m): 11:57am On Nov 06, 2013
If Moyes is hell bent on playing Rooney. He should pair him up with Carrick why Kagawa should be 10 and Januzaj on the left with Valencia/Nani fighting for 7 and RVP has the main man.

Rooney just doesn't have the brain to play as 10. Simple.

It is like buying a Jeep to do the work of Aston Martin or Ferrari or a Bugatti.

Ashley Young should be loaned out to League 1 and Smalling is not a right back in any way, he is completely hopeless, pathetic and an embarrassment in that position.

Evra should realise he does not have the leg again to cover up defensive-wise whenever he goes on all those his offensive sojourn. It is a major weak point of the team, that a tactically sound coach will easily exploit.

Fellaini...aaaaaah. Well, he is a player I can call bought-to-apppease-the-fans. Nothing more.

If Giggs is hell bent on making 1k appearance for UTD by fire by force, he should be a 3mts substitute.

We definitely got De Gea for cheap.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:03pm On Nov 06, 2013
Lol...I didn't see yesterday's match... grin..judging from previous posts it seems missing d match was a good thingy.!! grin grin

We were really dat bad??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:11pm On Nov 06, 2013
DM simply dosnt have d winning mindset. He presses only when losing.

All these sideways sideways n cross is BS!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 06, 2013
superstar1: If Moyes is hell bent on playing Rooney. He should pair him up with Carrick why Kagawa should be 10 and Januzaj on the left with Valencia/Nani fighting for 7 and RVP has the main man.

Rooney just doesn't have the brain to play as 10. Simple.

It is like buying a Jeep to do the work of Aston Martin or Ferrari or a Bugatti.

Ashley Young should be loaned out to League 1 and Smalling is not a right back in any way, he is completely hopeless, pathetic and an embarrassment in that position.

Evra should realise he does not have the leg again to cover up defensive-wise whenever he goes on all those his offensive sojourn. It is a major weak point of the team, that a tactically sound coach will easily exploit.

Fellaini...aaaaaah. Well, he is a player I can call bought-to-apppease-the-fans. Nothing more.

If Giggs is hell bent on making 1k appearance for UTD by fire by force, he should be a 3mts substitute.

We definitely got De Gea for cheap.
The emboldened is nothing but the gospel truth.
When Kagawa was moved central, we suddenly developed menace that had been missing for the 60-odd mins that baba Rooney was on.
coogar:

you should know some people are spiritually blind by now. even the most ardent rooney fans admitted rooney was a disgrace yesterday. he was pure wänk. he should consider retirement. how does he sleep at night when he watches messi & ronaldo perform close to 100% each time they step on the pitch?
The boy is past it jare.
all these huff-and-puff performances that thrill EPL fans don't cut it anymore for me.
He want's to earn like Messi and Ronaldo, yet he cannot up his game to be at their level.
Wait o, he wasn't even shortlisted for the Ballon D'Or. Why are we even surprised sef?
coogar:

RVP & hernandez can miss 5 golden chances each & get away with it. they have bailed us more in the past & the RVP chance wasn't that bad considering the ball came at him on his weaker foot. rooney wouldn't have scored that from his left foot too - we saw him miss one against leverkusen. hernandez was just unlucky with the ball bobbling up just before he struck it.

True.
Let's just leave it as a bad day at the office for both especially since the draw wasn't too costly and we have a terrible record in Spain.
But both are better strikers than Rooney will ever be even in his wet dreams.
coogar:
rooney & creativity are parallel lines. he doesn't even understand how to support a striker. see how kagawa came to life once he was played centrally - vertical passing to the main striker increased at a higher frequency once rooney left the pitch. he's a waste of space. we should cut ties with him & sign a world class midfielder.
Omo, I nearly climaxed on myself when I saw how Kagawa started distribution of the attack.
Yet one sour-brained he-goat called it initial gra-gra for 10 minutes.
Ok let's even assume it was that. Rooney in the side provided absolutely NOTHING while he was on the pitch.
I still am of the opinion that he should have been sold. He hasn't added any dimension in particular to the side, except his usual fat-boy jam-bodi aggression which isolates everyone else and kills our momentum.

leggo:
I want to promote kagawa?whats my gain? dude relax!
have you seen the way RVP hogs the ball like he was born with it?
The way you even speak like you are smarter than the whole world is pathetic
abeg nor mind am. na Beer parlour analyst im be.
We are used to his palm-wine talk.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
Meanwhile, coogar, see wetin your guys dey yarn. grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:04pm On Nov 06, 2013
StarBoard: Meanwhile, coogar, see wetin your guys dey yarn. grin

grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:04pm On Nov 06, 2013
Kagawa number 10, Kagawa number 10.

We are here watching. I pray Moyes gives him that duty in the next 8 games or so.

Someone who struggled in the number ten against common Asia teams in the preseason. Now 10 mins of glory which was quickly quenched by Sociedad, is now a yard stick.

We are watching.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SEGAD: 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2013
elampiro: Kagawa number 10, Kagawa number 10.

We are here watching. I pray Moyes gives him that duty in the next 8 games or so.

Someone who struggled in the number ten against common Asia teams in the preseason. Now 10 mins of glory which was quickly quenched by Sociedad, is now a yard stick.

We are watching.

@ Elampiro, from your assesment of our present squads, who do you think should play that role?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:16pm On Nov 06, 2013
SEGAD:

@ Elampiro, from your assesment of our present squads, who do you think should play that role?

I won't give you a direct answer.

1. Many people want Kagawa to play it. We shall see after a run of games.

2. Janujaz gives signa, but again it is a different thing when you play week in week out.

3. Until convinced otherwise, it is Rooney's position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 06, 2013
lol grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:33pm On Nov 06, 2013
Messi and Ronaldo are world best but....

*** Messi and Ronaldo are highly protected by a wold class midfield.

*** Messi and Ronaldo can afford to conserve energy against weak Spanish teams. There is no such luxury in the EPL these days ( also, no thanks to our wicked early fixtures and poor start). You work hard for your goals and work even harder to protect your lead even against relegation hunted teams.

Now see more excuses for RVP and Chicha's wastes. Zero tolerance for Rooney, but RVP and Chicha must be pardoned.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:51pm On Nov 06, 2013

who did that meme?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 06, 2013
coogar:

who did that meme?
The person knows himself.
It's a Manc supporter.
grin
elampiro:

2. Janujaz gives signa, but again it is a different thing when you play week in week out.

That's why nobody takes you seriously.
A simple question gave rise to three different answers.
elampiro: Messi and Ronaldo are world best but....

*** Messi and Ronaldo are highly protected by a wold class midfield.

*** Messi and Ronaldo can afford to conserve energy against weak Spanish teams. There is no such luxury in the EPL these days ( also, no thanks to our wicked early fixtures and poor start). You work hard for your goals and work even harder to protect your lead even against relegation hunted teams.

Now see more excuses for RVP and Chicha's wastes. Zero tolerance for Rooney, but RVP and Chicha must be pardoned.

O boy, siddon if you no get anything to yarn
Where was Rooney when Ronaldo was WPOTY 2008?
When was being world best a function of your midfield?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:45pm On Nov 06, 2013
elampiro:

elampiro: Kagawa number 10, Kagawa number 10.

We are watching.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:48pm On Nov 06, 2013
starboard, direct me to the thread abeg.....

i was looking for you last week to shed some light on the nigerian football league. i read a depressing article about our league & it's beyond hilarious. the number of away losses even for the league champion was relegation standard at best.

what's the problem with nigeria?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SEGAD: 3:05pm On Nov 06, 2013
elampiro:

Personally, I think Anderson is our number one 10, but due to inconsistences and injuries, Kagawa is next. Rooney is a good player, he will be more effective in supporting role or as the main striker. He lacks decisive skills of 10. We definately need Rooney in that squad but not as 10.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 06, 2013
coogar: starboard, direct me to the thread abeg.....

i was looking for you last week to shed some light on the nigerian football league. i read a depressing article about our league & it's beyond hilarious. the number of away losses even for the league champion was relegation standard at best.

I even created a thread for it wit d article hoping people would talk abt it. I got nothing sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
coogar: starboard, direct me to the thread abeg.....

https://www.nairaland.com/1504894/documentary-nairaland-pictures/16

Someone is about to get found out . . . grin

As per that, I dont even know what to say.
The eventual champion lost 15 games. All away.
Try that in the premier league and the manager would be replaced.
I stopped taking the Nigerian League seriously like a decade and a half ago.

Two seasons ago, a side called Ocean Boys decided to disband like 6 weeks to the end of the season.
The NFF decided to deduct all the points other teams earned from beating the said Ocean Boys.
That cost Rangers 6 points, who were leading the league at the time.
The decision set them back and ultimately cost them the league
Is it any wonder why you can have a team go unbeaten at home but lose 5/6 of its away games?

Then you'll understand why apart from Enyimba, none of these teams manage to do well in CAF competitions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:36pm On Nov 06, 2013
StarBoard:
https://www.nairaland.com/1504894/documentary-nairaland-pictures/16
Someone is about to get found out . . . grin

hilarious....oghos needs deliverance...

As per that, I dont even know what to say.
The eventual champion lost 15 games. All away.
Try that in the premier league and the manager would be replaced.
I stopped taking the Nigerian League seriously like a decade and a half ago.

and here i am thinking things have changed massively. the funniest thing is my colleagues at work printed the league table & the article & left about 24 copies on my desk with a big LOL. it didn't sink at first until i saw the away form of all the football teams in the league - pathetic is what describes this sham of a league.

Two seasons ago, a side called Ocean Boys decided to disband like 6 weeks to the end of the season. The NFF decided to deduct all the points other teams earned from beating the said Ocean Boys. That cost Rangers 6 points, who were leading the league at the time.
The decision set them back and ultimately cost them the league Is it any wonder why you can have a team go unbeaten at home but lose 5/6 of its away games?[/quote]

some relegated teams even had as many as 50 points. that is enough points to avoid relegation in any of the top 5 leagues playing 38 games per season. why is everything about nigeria so upside down? one fool made a comment in the guardian article - he said they must have 20 fergies in nigeria. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 06, 2013
coogar:

hilarious....oghos needs deliverance...

Coogar took it surprisingly well. I was expecting a baptism of fire tbh. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 06, 2013
coogar:

and here i am thinking things have changed massively. the funniest thing is my colleagues at work printed the league table & the article & left about 24 copies on my desk with a big LOL. it didn't sink at first until i saw the away form of all the football teams in the league - pathetic is what describes this sham of a league.

Two seasons ago, a side called Ocean Boys decided to disband like 6 weeks to the end of the season. The NFF decided to deduct all the points other teams earned from beating the said Ocean Boys. That cost Rangers 6 points, who were leading the league at the time.
The decision set them back and ultimately cost them the league Is it any wonder why you can have a team go unbeaten at home but lose 5/6 of its away games?

some relegated teams even had as many as 50 points. that is enough points to avoid relegation in any of the top 5 leagues playing 38 games per season. why is everything about nigeria so upside down? one fool made a comment in the guardian article - he said they must have 20 fergies in nigeria. grin

Things have gotten progressively worse.
I remember going to watch a game in Port Harcourt between Sharks and Dolphin.
I still swear on my grandpa's grave that nothing will ever take me to watch a Nigerian league game EVER again.
The officiating was dubious at best in favour of Dolphin who were listed as the home side.

You would think that a team with 46 points will escape relegation.
However, with all the bribing of refs and match officials, every home game is a certified sure banker.
As of today we can count the number of teams that are professionally run, without government input. That is one major reason why the league is still the way it is. No team has its own stadium till today.
Corporate bodies will never get involved with sponsoring the league the way the EPL is.

It's just a sorry reflection of the state of the country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (14182) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.