Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,786 members, 7,862,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:36 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5607) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8869850 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5604) (5605) (5606) (5607) (5608) (5609) (5610) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 10:37pm On May 26, 2018
RuuDie:
Is it just me or...? I think DDG would have stopped that overhead kick goal. I mean, the goalie just dived without stretching his hands out!!?

DDG saves but no. That would have beaten any keeper ever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:38pm On May 26, 2018
obainojazz:
I said that because it seemed like without salah, he had no plan b. Karius was the biggest culprit though.

Salah has no replacement if injured, the likes of Lallana can't lace his boot on his current form. But Madrid have so much quality in their team that Ororo could've been injured like Salah and Madrid would still win. Them no be mates.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 10:39pm On May 26, 2018
sinizia:

How can your only issue be his age? Did you read what displayed on the screen when he scored his first goal? It read "2 goals in 7 matches".

Take note that some of those matches he started but didn't finish, while some he came in as substitute. Imagine after paying not less than £90m and between 350k - 400k (he earns around 320k at Madrid) plus bonuses, Bale will now play a total of 7 matches due to injuries and loss of form. Mu questions are who will take us to the finals or semis if our world class winger is injured? We go back to using Mata on the wings and hope he becomes a Robben? Or UEFA will wait for us till Bale is fit for us to continue?

If Madrid didn't have so much quality and fit players like Ororo, Marcelo, Ramos, Modric, etc., will they reach the final for Bale to make an impact?

We shouldn't buy a player that spends more time injured than playing, we are not a pensioner club. We already have injury prone players like Shaw, Bailly, Jones, Rojo, and we want to add Bale to the list and end up selling more shirts off him than winning titles with him? Bale is injury prone. He's too costly with so much baggages for us to buy him. We need fit quality players that will help us win matches not sell shirts.

Bale proved that he still has a lot of quality. He hasn't had a consistent run in the team so of course his numbers wouldn't be good. Still managed 21 goals in 39 games though.

He's injury prone and his age are 2 big problems I have signing him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:39pm On May 26, 2018
RuuDie:
Is it just me or...? I think DDG would have stopped that overhead kick goal. I mean, the goalie just dived without stretching his hands out!!?

Na lie, DDG no fit stop am. It will take a huge chunk of luck to save that overhead kick.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by FBS: 10:40pm On May 26, 2018
sinizia:

Salah has no replacement if injured, the likes of Lallana can't lace his boot on his current form. But Madrid have so much quality in their team that Ororo could've been injured like Salah and Madrid would still win. Them no be mates.
This is the biggest stage of club football, if your best is injured why make Llana play like Salah?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:40pm On May 26, 2018
i love attackers that can shoot from distance badly, bale don old and he's made of glass, if not, I would've loved him here.

mean while modric and kross ehh.. deadlin.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:47pm On May 26, 2018
MRTA7:

Bale proved that he still has a lot of quality. He hasn't had a consistent run in the team so of course his numbers wouldn't be good. Still managed 21 goals in 39 games though.

He's injury prone and his age are 2 big problems I have signing him.

Injuries and loss of form won't let him have a consistent run. And when he gets injured, assuming he's playing for us, we will go back to square 1 with Mata and Lingard and crash out of UCL or drop many points before he returns and picks form. Mahrez is fit, tricky, has an eye for sweet passes, poses a goal threat (not as much as Bale, though) and cheaper too before now, that's who would've bought last summer when he's just £45m, but we blew it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:47pm On May 26, 2018
weedtaker:
i love attackers that can shoot from distance badly, bale don old and he's made of glass, if not, I would've loved him here.

mean while modric and kross ehh.. deadlin.

Forget Kross bro, the guy is only good at passing sideways and once in a way forward pass. He’s German version of Herrera.

Modric is the real deal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 10:49pm On May 26, 2018
eph12:

Yeah I agree but then the coach brilliance come into play when the team is not up to standard eg Porto 2004 right?
.yea you're right..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:50pm On May 26, 2018
FBS:

This is the biggest stage of club football, if your best is injured why make Llana play like Salah?

What else would you have Klopp do? Play without a winger? Mind you the oaf in the goal post cost them that match not Lallana. Also, Madrid have more quality benchers and players than Loserfool. Klopp tried IMHO.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 10:51pm On May 26, 2018
larride:

Forget Kross bro, the guy is only good at passing sideways and once in a way forward pass. He’s German version of Herrera.

Modric is the real deal.

Utterly disappointed with what you just typed about toni kroos..

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:53pm On May 26, 2018
larride:

Modric is the real deal.
nah, kross and herrera are nothing alike, remove kross from that midfield and watch real lose control. he's sets the tempo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:54pm On May 26, 2018
dubylhover:

Kroos is a quality midfielder and Herrera can't lace his boots, but I'll take Modric over him any day, any time. Modric is the total package. He shoots, he passes, he pushes attacks, drops deep as well to engineer attacks and defend too. Na just age be the major issue I get with him. He's now old, Madrid needs to start shopping for his replacement.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:56pm On May 26, 2018
Hererra is several leagues behind Kroos abeg. This is an insult to Kroos, mbok.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 10:56pm On May 26, 2018
weedtaker:
nah, kross and herrera are nothing alike, remove kross from that midfield and watch real lose control. he's the controller.

That's what most people don't get when watching ball.. Only interested with flicks and skills, there has to b a midfielder who dictates the tempo and flow of the game.. Kroos is d one in charge of doing that for Madrid, knows when to increase d pace of d game or slow it down, and he's still the one that would do it for Germany.. No wonder xavi said that he sees himself in kroos
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:57pm On May 26, 2018
dubylhover:

Go watch Kross more closely bro, he’s a good passer of the ball no doubt but he mostly pass sideways, he’s always about playing safe. That’s why I compare him with Herrera not because he and Herrera has the same skill set.

Modric is the don in the midfield bro, forget.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:59pm On May 26, 2018
sinizia:

Kroos is a quality midfielder and Herr5cant lace his boots, but I'll take Modric over him any day, any time. Modric is the total package. He shoots, he passes, he pushes attacks, drops deep as well to engineer attacks and defend too. Na just age be the major issue I get with him. He's now old, Madrid needs to start shopping for his replacement.
you can't compare the two, one is box to box and the other a sitting CM,

the box to box will surely be the one being noticed, cuz of their style of play. e. g kante and matic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by FBS: 10:59pm On May 26, 2018
sinizia:

What else would you have Klopp do? Play without a winger? Mind you the oaf in the goal post cost them that match not Lallana. Also, Madrid have more quality benchers and players than Loserfool. Klopp tried IMHO.
Llana had zero effect as a winger. This Real Madrid side didn't particularly play great today, Casemiero was basically invisible, Isco was thinking about his girlfriend. Aside Luka none was particularly brilliant. Liverpool couldn't counter, play direct or play at all. Klopp didn't do enough in my books.

IsKarius though. They should check his bank account. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:59pm On May 26, 2018
weedtaker:
nah, kross and herrera are nothing alike, remove kross from that midfield and watch real lose control. he's sets the tempo.

He doesn’t set nada, Modric is the brains behind every of Madrid attack, Modric moves the ball forward, drops deep, pass, cross even shot. Modric is the don of that their midfield bro not Kross.

Kross is a quality player no doubt but Modric is the man there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 11:02pm On May 26, 2018
sinizia:

Kroos is a quality midfielder and Herrera can't lace his boots, but I'll take Modric over him any day, any time. Modric is the total package. He shoots, he passes, he pushes attacks, drops deep as well to engineer attacks and defend too. Na just age be the major issue I get with him. He's now old, Madrid needs to start shopping for his replacement.

I'm not trying to take anything away from modric o,but he's easily replaceable at Madrid compared to kroos..kovacic ND isco have similar pattern of playing.. But modric is a beast.. His combination with kroos is akin to that of xavi and iniesta....modric is more aesthetic to the eye, but I really understand and appreciate the effectiveness of kroos.. Just like at manu,its like Carrick at his prime.. The German midfield would still b built around kroos, it's definitely not because he just gives sideways passes.. It's decision making, tempo ND flow of d game.. Knowing the right person to give a pass... It's very difficult to explain, I just have a way of loving players like him, busquets.nd so on.. Their gameplay seems so basic, but it's the most fundamental part of midfield..and that's one aspect pogba still hasn't learnt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MoR2(m): 11:03pm On May 26, 2018
sinizia:

Na lie, DDG no fit stop am. It will take a huge chunk of luck to save that overhead kick.

Karius looks abit like De gea

maybe he thought he was actually De gea when trying to stop bake's outside shot grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:04pm On May 26, 2018
larride:

He doesn’t set nada, Modric is the brains behind every of Madrid attack, Modric moves the ball forward, drops deep, pass, cross even shot. Modric is the don of that their midfield bro not Kross.

modric football is mostly played on the wings [right side], na kross and casemiro get the middle.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:04pm On May 26, 2018
I think it’s the Herrera comparison that’s not making people get my point.

Herrera prefers to play it safe most time and he does so by passing sideways most of the time and move forward once in a while. While Kross is a better player than Herrera he also love passing sideways too much for someone of his quality, that’s where the comparison with Herrera comes in.

Kross is better than Herrera no doubt but both of them enjoy passing sideways way too much.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MoR2(m): 11:06pm On May 26, 2018
larride:

undecided have you ever watched Madrid without modric this season, you will see how silly you are underrating kross.

if Kross is one of top 3 best midfielders CM in the world currently
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:06pm On May 26, 2018
weedtaker:
modric football is mostly played on the wings [right side], na kross and casemiro get the middle.

Don’t forget that Zidane usually deploy a 3 man midfield, if Modric is on the right side, where will Kross and Casemiro be keeping in mind that Casemiro is the DM
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 11:08pm On May 26, 2018
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:08pm On May 26, 2018
FBS:

Llana had zero effect as a winger. This Real Madrid side didn't particularly play great today, Casemiero was basically invisible, Isco was thinking about his girlfriend. Aside Luka none was particularly brilliant. Liverpool couldn't counter, play direct or play at all. Klopp didn't do enough in my books.

IsKarius though. They should check his bank account. grin

The problem is, after Salah there's nobody else as good as him on the bench. Lallana is not that good and he's just coming back from injury. Klopp has to work with what he has. He had no choice even in keeper area. Liverpool looked more hungry to win than Madrid and with a better keeper, would've won. Klopp brought out the best in the players he had. Liverpool have willing players that are able to run and chase down every loose balls, but they don't have the brains of Madrid players which makes them superior players, nor the quality of those on the bench. After the first 11 of Loserfool, the rest is probably average or below average.

But they put up a good fight, at the end of the day, Madrid won because of the dumb Karius. If DDG or Neuer, or Buffon had been in the post, Madrid would suffer. The keeper handed them the title on a platter.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:09pm On May 26, 2018
MoR2:
undecided have you ever watched Madrid without modric this season, you will see how silly you are underrating kross.

if Kross is one of top 3 best midfielders CM in the world currently

I’m not underrating Kross bro, I’m only stating what I do watch with my eyes. You guys always suffer whenever Modric is not fit, yes or no?

What exactly is Kross known for? Defensively it’s casmeiro, attack wise it’s Modric, what exactly is Kross known for?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:11pm On May 26, 2018
larride:
I think it’s the Herrera comparison that’s not making people get my point.

Herrera prefers to play it safe most time and he does so by passing sideways most of the time and move forward once in a while. While Kross is a better player than Herrera he also love passing sideways too much for someone of his quality, that’s where the comparison with Herrera comes in.

Kross is better than Herrera no doubt but both of them enjoy passing sideways way too much.

Herrera is also jittery, nervous and makes reckless passes to defenders in tight spaces.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 11:12pm On May 26, 2018
larride:

I’m not underrating Kross bro, I’m only stating what I do watch with my eyes. You guys always suffer whenever Modric is not fit, yes or no?

What exactly is Kross known for? Defensively it’s casmeiro, attack wise it’s Modric, what exactly is Kross known for?

He's known for control.. He dictates the tempo of d game like xavi did..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:12pm On May 26, 2018
weedtaker:
you can't compare the two, one is box to box and the other a sitting CM,

the box to box will surely be the one being noticed, cuz of their style of play. e. g kante and matic.

I think Modric can play as a sitting CM easily if Madrid decide to ditch a 3-man midfield, but Kroos can't play a box-to-box CM currently like Modric at all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:13pm On May 26, 2018
sinizia:

Well said

1 vs 1 Liverpool cannot match Madrid. So losing their best player what were they supposed to do?. Lallana was the next best option they have

Look at Madrid and see how many winners and quality players they have, they can afford to bench Bale, Asensio those players will be Liverpools focal point

If Liverpool had 40% chance at the beginning o the game, losing Salah took it to 20%, With Karius in that form takes it to impossible

(1) (2) (3) ... (5604) (5605) (5606) (5607) (5608) (5609) (5610) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Englishisamust and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.