Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,150 members, 7,829,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (627) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8770649 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) ... (14171) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Olaone1: 9:04am On Dec 05, 2013
Where are the yawnited fans?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 05, 2013
dayokanu:

Lago in front of open net is what I expect from Stanley Okoro and Eddy Dombraye not white Pele
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:06am On Dec 05, 2013
dayokanu:

That single incidence would have given Man Utd the lead into the half and might have made the result different

Now Manure lies 12 point behind Assanal and 12 points ahead of Crystal Palace

Nobody is disputing that. Had it gone in, we could have won.

But it doesn't take away the fact that Rooney was blind to the ball's journey. It got to him suddenly after escaping two players. The defender who missed it, is he not also human? This is same Rooney who reacted quicker to score a loose ball against Cadiff. Things happen.

Must we now rely on a single chance to think of winning. Aguero lost clear chances when City ran riot over Tottenham, yet the won 6-0. The difference was the number of clear cut chances created. If Kagawa provided one through ball all night, how is he different from Rooney in the hole?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:11am On Dec 05, 2013
@dayokanu, remember too that the gif is slowed. The ball traveled very fast, that was why it escaped all three players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 05, 2013
For arsenal fans to take ova a thread, yawa don gas be that!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:15am On Dec 05, 2013
Man United fans, please let's discuss the way forward. This is not about Rooney or Kagawa.

It looks like we have bought the wrong players over the years. It also looks like our youth program is not yielding results but causing us distractions. Now, our selfishness in the transfer market is telling on us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:15am On Dec 05, 2013
Saw this comment online. ROTFLMAO.

One must clench ones buttocks and hope that by
Christmas Moyes will not be saying, “Well we
have another 6 points, that’s 40, if you had told
me we would avoid relegation by Christmas at the
start of the season I would have taken it. We
don’t have the players to compete for top four or
in the Champions League as we are short in 11
positions. So for us this is a good result.”

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:22am On Dec 05, 2013
What was the reason for removing Rafael last night? The sub I hoped for was Nani for Welbck, then Giggs too. As the match went on, Giggs and Fellaini lost their grip of the mifield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:25am On Dec 05, 2013
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 05, 2013
dademola: kagawa is d solution!! Kagawa is the man!! Kagawa is d missing link!! Kagawa is blahblahblahblah!! Assuming twas rooney that put in such an abysmal performance in d hole, dis thread for don reach d 2000th page!! Ofcourse, rooney too has dissapointed in d hole atimes, buh atleast i'm happy some fans are finally getting it that our problems are way beyond d "rooney-in-d-hole" brouhaha!!

I keep saying this..The team is mediocre at beat..So many average players, Some who have passed their peaks and a few very good(not world class) players.
Now that the band boys have left, we can at least review the game in actual perspective.
The performance wasn't as bad as the result suggests, and we were the most threatening team on the night..We could easily have finushed them off in the first half, we just needed that stroke of luck in front of goal that we never got.
My only grouse is our players not showing the desire to even get us level immediately we went behind..Which is disturbing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Olaone1: 9:42am On Dec 05, 2013
Devils.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 9:44am On Dec 05, 2013
elampiro: What was the reason for removing Rafael last night? The sub I hoped for was Nani for Welbck, then Giggs too. As the match went on, Giggs and Fellaini lost their grip of the mifield.

This is beyond personnel problems, you could have put any 11 out last night we would not have won that game.
Moyes is tatically inept and can't motivate or get the best out of this team.

Tell me what Moyes' football philosophy is and how his team plays football?

Under Fergie, we were known for our outstanding wingplay and devastating counter attacks
Brendan Rodgers, Laudrup, Mourinho, Wenger, Pep, Martinez, even Sam Allardyce can be said to play a certain brand of football respectively.
Moyes just picks 11 players and tells them to go and play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ritchboy(m): 9:53am On Dec 05, 2013
chamotex: Tell me what Moyes' football philosophy is and how his team plays football?

Under Fergie, we were known for our outstanding wingplay and devastating counter attacks
Brendan Rodgers, Laudrup, Mourinho, Wenger, Pep, Martinez, even Sam Allardyce can be said to play a certain brand of football respectively.

That's his philosophy grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 9:56am On Dec 05, 2013
ritchboy:

That's his philosophy grin grin grin

The 'go and play' philosophy grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:56am On Dec 05, 2013
Until moyes goes i am an interim madrid fan
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:01am On Dec 05, 2013
chamotex:

This is beyond personnel problems, you could have put any 11 out last night we would not have won that game.
Moyes is tatically inept and can't motivate or get the best out of this team.

Tell me what Moyes' football philosophy is and how his team plays football?

This is why when some were obsessing with targeting certain players, I kept asking what Moyes and crew were doing with the squad in training.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 05, 2013
darefestus:

I keep saying this..The team is mediocre at beat..So many average players, Some who have passed their peaks and a few very good(not world class) players.
Now that the band boys have left, we can at least review the game in actual perspective.
The performance wasn't as bad as the result suggests, and we were the most threatening team on the night..We could easily have finushed them off in the first half, we just needed that stroke of luck in front of goal that we never got.
My only grouse is our players not showing the desire to even get us level immediately we went behind..Which is disturbing.
baba, its like we saw two different games!! Everton players looked sharper and they actually played better than us!! Yes, we had chances buh poor decision making on d part of everton fowards, also cost them chances/goals- a more clinical side wlda punished us severely!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 10:06am On Dec 05, 2013
montelik:

This is why when some were obsessing with targeting certain players, I kept asking what Moyes and crew were doing with the squad.

To be fair, some of the players have let themselves down and failed to grasp the opportunities given to them.
When Moyes was appointed, I had it n the back of my mind he was an average coach but always had this bizarre felling that the players will bail hm out. Boy was I wrong.

The sad part is, it will only get worse before it gets better. If anyone is here waiting for January transfer window - forget it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:19am On Dec 05, 2013
Stats show that United is playing far more long balls under Moyes and passing a lot less. This is his style. We may not like it, but Moyes wants to set us up solid and to try to nick a win with direct tactics pumping it into the box, which is what Baines did so well. The problem is this style does not work at the top level and we don't have the mentality or personnel for it e.g really good passers like Scholes or Becks and even then you need to vary it.

tactically there is a huge gap and that style of
play is not working well for us. We are too slow,
we are punting too many balls and we are losing
our ability to pass and move. we immediately hand the initiative to thte opposition.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:30am On Dec 05, 2013
montelik: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/354241/Manchester-United-chief-admits-defeat-and-compares-club-to-Liverpool

and the hits just keep coming.
Moyes blaming players, Wood blaming d financial status of d club. Every1 finding a scapegoat
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:34am On Dec 05, 2013
montelik: Stats show that United is playing far more long balls under Moyes and passing a lot less. This is his style. We may not like it, but Moyes wants to set us up solid and to try to nick a win with direct tactics pumping it into the box, which is what Baines did so well. The problem is this style does not work at the top level and we don't have the mentality or personnel for it e.g really good passers like Scholes or Becks and even then you need to vary it.

our ability to pass and move. we immediately hand the initiative to thte opposition.
We play d most lazy n rigid type of fb among d top n mid table teams. A player in possession of d ball is left alone wit no movt. from his fellow players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:48am On Dec 05, 2013
Moyes has also managed to reverse our penchant for finishing strongly and grabbing late goals, to conceding late result changing goals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:09am On Dec 05, 2013
odizeey: Until moyes goes i am an interim madrid fan

Half fan.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:12am On Dec 05, 2013
montelik:

This is why when some were obsessing with targeting certain players, I kept asking what Moyes and crew were doing with the squad in training.

Our major players didn't participate in the preseason. It made us believe all was well even when we had our worst preseason in decades.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:22am On Dec 05, 2013
chrisley024:
We play d most lazy n rigid type of fb among d top n mid table teams. A player in possession of d ball is left alone wit no movt. from his fellow players.

Exactly. Do you know what causes it, we spread too thin in the field. Valancia isolated on the right line, everyone runs into the box expecting him to cross, he goofed or run into trouble and we chase back. Same with Nani or anyone on the left. Defenders apart and deep in our 18 area, and midfielders too. Our first half looked good when we played more closely.

We should play more closely with passes into the opponents 18 area. The formation needs to be changed to having more players in the central midfield. This will help us control the game first. We should play three in the middle- Carrick, Cleverly, Anderson/Fellaini, or which ever way it works.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:28am On Dec 05, 2013
montelik: Stats show that United is playing far more long balls under Moyes and passing a lot less. This is his style. We may not like it, but Moyes wants to set us up solid and to try to nick a win with direct tactics pumping it into the box, which is what Baines did so well. The problem is this style does not work at the top level and we don't have the mentality or personnel for it e.g really good passers like Scholes or Becks and even then you need to vary it.

Good analysis. The worst thing is our wingers can't even cross well. Rafael is now our best crosser of the ball and I doubt if we can even score from crosses when RVP or Chicha is not in the 18 box.

The worst thing is that Moyes doesn't change tactics half way into the game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:35am On Dec 05, 2013
1025:

u are right bro. i saw all these mistakes long ago and i have been shouting them but the presence of howard webb and mark clattenberg have been serving as a cover to all these bleeps. it is becoming clearer now because we are in a world cup year where man u will not be getting much from the duo(webb and clattenberg) because they must right their wowo cvs to be in brazil otherwise fifa will drop them.
i have the opportunity to look into the records of man u with special attention to world cup years. they have not won the league since 1998 in a world cup year. having players that fly like birds to get penalty from webb and clattenberg does not make a team though u can win trophies and games with that but the real test is here. ppl go to both old and new traford to collect maximum points. let us not condemn moyes because is not his fault.

Despite you are in 'enemy' camp, you made be laugh tire. But what of our UCL finals we played and won two of them? Was Webb the officiating ref?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 05, 2013
1025:

u are right bro. i saw all these mistakes long ago and i have been shouting them but the presence of howard webb and mark clattenberg have been serving as a cover to all these bleeps. it is becoming clearer now because we are in a world cup year where man u will not be getting much from the duo(webb and clattenberg) because they must right their wowo cvs to be in brazil otherwise fifa will drop them.
i have the opportunity to look into the records of man u with special attention to world cup years. they have not won the league since 1998 in a world cup year. having players that fly like birds to get penalty from webb and clattenberg does not make a team though u can win trophies and games with that but the real test is here. ppl go to both old and new traford to collect maximum points. let us not condemn moyes because is not his fault.
u have come again wif ur foolish.ness abi??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:22pm On Dec 05, 2013
elampiro: Man United fans, please let's discuss the way forward. This is not about Rooney or Kagawa.

It looks like we have bought the wrong players over the years. It also looks like our youth program is not yielding results but causing us distractions. Now, our selfishness in the transfer market is telling on us.

Which way forward? are you drunk? Do you think that your wasting of space here will get out of this thread, what have been/will be the effects of discussing the way forward here? The retard said his players are mediocres, and the Chief of the club says 'no money', so what is your own, you can go on and on to rant, shout, waste space, waste your energy, time and resources, etc, I just assure you that an inch of that will never leave this thread.

Abeg, dont lemme call you a mediocre supporter/fan (whichever one you are). Leave them mediocres (manager, chief, players), let them sort themselves out o, we can only watch and pray angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kcjazz(m): 12:31pm On Dec 05, 2013
United is suffering from a lack of planning for the past three seasons. Club owner and Sir Alex must also take the blame for a lack of succession planning. The squad needs an identity and needs to be revamped but it will be difficult during the January window. I advice fans to think of a top four , title dream is over.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 12:38pm On Dec 05, 2013
I think everything started going bad after that unfortunate double substitution, I am yet to fully understand the reason for those changes as Rafael was attacking and defending well , as bad as kagawa was yesterday we were still playing and creating good chances. What I was expecting was for giggs to be substituted for another mobile midfielder as everton are getting past him to easily. The most disappointing players were nani and vidic.

Can anybody tell why anderson is frozen out of the team? Our very obvious problem is the midfield and I expect the coach to be trying out every available options and not freezing any midfielder out, atleast at least anderson has impressed in the past and who knows he might just click.

(1) (2) (3) ... (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) ... (14171) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: MRTA7, Freeopod(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.