Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,403 members, 7,850,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:19 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (628) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8836171 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (14208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 05, 2013
chrisley024:
We play d most lazy n rigid type of fb among d top n mid table teams. A player in possession of d ball is left alone wit no movt. from his fellow players.

Previous quote was d wrong one. Itz been fixed.

Exactly!! General off d ball movement is very poor.
Datz y when people are criticising cleverley and co for backward passes. I'll just be smh.
Derz hardly any movement infront of dem.
Most times when our midfielders are with d ball itz eida they go backwards or play long n hopeful balls.
And datz because of d lack of movement.

Most times, esp last nyt itz basically 2 midfielders and defenders in our own half and around d centre circle.

Rooney and Kagawa in d middle of a million players.
Valencia hugging d touchline as usual.
And welbeck on d left, being closer to d box.

Most times they are almost static. Waiting for d ball to work itself to d wings for a cross to attack.

Datz how disjointed we are.
D solution is simple and not too simple.
I'll xplain.
We need a central midfielder who can coast thru challenges, and will nt looking for a pass to d nearest man(which usually are d central defenders). By d time he commits one, two players. Our attacking numbers will match theirs and chances can easily be created. Datz d simple part of d solution.
D not too simple part is getting such players.
1st they aren't many of them and of majority of d few of them available are not even available for sale.

1 oda tin wrong wit dis team is that we do not press in coordination.
We allow pretty much every team to play out from d back most of d times.
Not many top teams allow that again dese days
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
chamotex:

This is beyond personnel problems, you could have put any 11 out last night we would not have won that game.
Moyes is tatically inept and can't motivate or get the best out of this team.

Tell me what Moyes' football philosophy is and how his team plays football
?

Under Fergie, we were known for our outstanding wingplay and devastating counter attacks
Brendan Rodgers, Laudrup, Mourinho, Wenger, Pep, Martinez, even Sam Allardyce can be said to play a certain brand of football respectively.
Moyes just picks 11 players and tells them to go and play.

Exactly.
But he beat Leverkusen and peeps like RuuDie were abusing folks who doubted his credentials.
A certain Guus Hiddink is lying idle at the moment. He plays attractive football that gets results. we're stuck with David Moyes whose best result is beating a hapless Leverkusen in Germany.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 05, 2013
elampiro: Man United fans, please let's discuss the way forward. This is not about Rooney or Kagawa.

It looks like we have bought the wrong players over the years. It also looks like our youth program is not yielding results but causing us distractions. Now, our selfishness in the transfer market is telling on us.

Not sure there is a way forward as long as things stay the way they are.
Coaching crew is zero, the management is clueless.
Some players aren't up to par, even though I don't want to believe that in its entirety.

Don't know how David Moyes manages to sleep every night as United manager.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:35pm On Dec 05, 2013
nitrogen:

Which way forward? are you drunk? Do you think that your wasting of space here will get out of this thread, what have been/will be the effects of discussing the way forward here? The retard said his players are mediocres, and the Chief of the club says 'no money', so what is your own, you can go on and on to rant, shout, waste space, waste your energy, time and resources, etc, I just assure you that an inch of that will never leave this thread.

Abeg, dont lemme call you a mediocre supporter/fan (whichever one you are). Leave them mediocres (manager, chief, players), let them sort themselves out o, we can only watch and pray angry

O boy ye, see transfer of aggression. I no be Everton o.

We all know our talk here ends here, but it doesn't stop us from what we have been doing. I thought the forum was created to discuss 'fantasy' tactics.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 1:41pm On Dec 05, 2013
I can see Coogar lurking. Can't wait to hear him lambasting Giggs for his failure to clear leading to the goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superstar1(m): 1:41pm On Dec 05, 2013
Moyes is the arChitect of his own fate. Sacking fergie's backwoods staff was suicidal. Was even worse than not signing quality players. He now brought in Round or round head and funny looking Neville as assistants. What is their pedigree? An average coach leading below par assistants. They can only make him worse. Iron sharpeneth iron.

Fergie contributed to this nonsense by buying those quantity rather than quality. He was at least able to get result with his quantity. Woodward is the joke of a century. There is no need to dwell on him,

If the board wants to redeem the season, they should:

1. Buy at least 2 quality players - DM and AM.
2. Either get Hiddink to assist DM technically in the interim or Fergie should come out of his retirement and let DM understudy him for the rst of the a season.
3. If possible, he should recall the sacked back room staff.

It is too. Obvious that DM has ran out of his technical depth.

The season can only get worse.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 1:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superstar1(m): 1:59pm On Dec 05, 2013
montelik: www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Exclusive-Interviews/2013/Dec/Phil-Neville-United-do-not-panic-in-times-of-trouble.aspx?newsid=94DDB1B4-2DB0-4B5F-A1ED-34184CF93AC3

Good Lord.

Someone should tell the idi0t that, that was during fergie's dynasty. Even Lobi stars or warri wolves will come at us at OT will so much confidence. That is the level of decadence in Utd now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 2:11pm On Dec 05, 2013
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 2:28pm On Dec 05, 2013
Where do we go from here?
Im hoping things can't get worse right? Or can they? Will they? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 05, 2013
Funny how every fan becomes technically, intellectually tactically better than his erring coach undecided

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 2:48pm On Dec 05, 2013
I swear! I don tire!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 2:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
I still believe we will come good this season. If we really look beyond the disapintment of losing, in this game we played a bit better when compared to the last two previous draws but were just a tad unlucky.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 05, 2013
Home Alone Premieres calls.

This Manure fellas can easily delve into something meaningful
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:52pm On Dec 05, 2013
The teams occupying the top 5 spots will be playing each other this month why we have a somewhat easy december fixtures, maximum points from the next 5 games should see us, in at least top 3.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 05, 2013
SIR cum a lot:
The teams occupying the top 5 spots will be playing each other this month why we have a somewhat easy december fixtures, maximum points from the next 5 games should see us, in at least top 3.

The last time we said this we lost to Westbrom and Everton at home.
Don't hold your breath, bro.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:15pm On Dec 05, 2013
SIR cum a lot:
N which 1 is d easy fixture for United, even @ OT?.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chelseabmw(m): 4:18pm On Dec 05, 2013
LMAO.............i don suffer nor be small.......... Up Chelsea grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 4:19pm On Dec 05, 2013
SIR cum a lot:

Mehn! this guy is fvcking himself!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 4:25pm On Dec 05, 2013
It will be a miracle if Manure escapes relegation this season under Moyes. cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 5:07pm On Dec 05, 2013
chamotex: The 'go and play' philosophy grin grin

Sharrapp. Is that not philosophy enough abi na till he turn Plato or Aristotle before he get philosophy?

"Oya boys lets do it, Go and play" David Moyes would be extended for 10yrs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:42pm On Dec 05, 2013
The problem with Man Utd is numerous. Players hide from the ball most times. The wingers should at least move into the field, aid play and stop hugging the touchlines. Moyes should give chances to other players. Results matter. A lot. I still don't know why Rafael wasn't allowed to play till full time. He's the only one that could deliver a good cross on the pitch.
The players don't understand DM n wot he expects 'em to do. They don't even undastand 'emselves on the pitch. Defending is poor, right from the midfield. Maybe one day they shldn't train buh jx talk. Only. Watch Videos n discuss abt it, plan n strategize, bond together. If they've been doing this, they wouldn't be playing the same way week in week out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 05, 2013
Rafael just recovered frm an injury. Pulling him off at d 60th minute shudnt seem absurd- in as much as he offered a lot offensively
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 6:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
dademola: Rafael just recovered frm an injury. Pulling him off at d 60th minute shudnt seem absurd- in as much as he offered a lot offensively

Its not like rafael just recovered yesterday, rafael has been fit even before we played tottenham so that's no excuse. Rafael yesterday delivered much better crosses into the opponent box than valencia whole game and yet that clueless DM deem it fit to hurl him off and still left Valencia on the pitch, look at how valencia lost concentration that leads to their goal. Rafael offered us more yesterday than valencia and DM shouldn't have subbed him. I've lost all my faith in DM, maybe the players should plan a coup and lose the next 3matches and see whether they will sack him or not.

#David Moyes Out
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
larride:

. I've lost all my faith in DM, maybe the players should plan a coup and lose the next 3matches and see whether they will sack him or not.

#David Moyes Out

As if they were winning before... grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Katsumoto: 6:59pm On Dec 05, 2013
GustavoFring:

Hahahahahahaha

To lose intentionally, you need to have a record of winning.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 7:13pm On Dec 05, 2013
GustavoFring:

Sigh sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:21pm On Dec 05, 2013
RuuDie: I still believe we will come good this season. If we really look beyond the disapintment of losing, in this game we played a bit better when compared to the last two previous draws but were just a tad unlucky.

I share your optimism, but when I consider that City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea are scoring freely, it tempt me to want to surrender the top four. If only Moyes could just get a pattern and tactics that will click for him. He needs also to identify his starting 11 (11-13) players and stick until injury affects a player or when a certain player needs rest.

In 2011/12, things weren't working for us when injury sent Anderson, Cleverley, Jones, Rafael, etc out of the team. But when Scholes returned, we went on a long streak of wins and a few draw in between. One bit of magic can return our confidence. This weekend, we might be without both Rooney and RVP, may be it's time for the young guys to give a fight. You know young boys can be hungry for success.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:32pm On Dec 05, 2013
[quote author=Leyqute]The problem with Man Utd is numerous. Players hide from the ball most times. The wingers should at least move into the field, aid play and stop hugging the touchlines. Moyes should give chances to other players. Results matter. A lot.
The players don't understand DM n wot he expects 'em to do. They don't even undastand 'emselves on the pitch. Defending is poor, right from the midfield. Maybe one day they shldn't train buh jx talk. Only. Watch Videos n discuss abt it, plan n strategize, bond together. If they've been doing this, they wouldn't be playing the same way week in week out.
[/quote

Exactly, players don't call for balls. This is where I like the Arsenal style. They play so closely when they are defending and starting a move from their area. With plenty short passes, they find their way into the opponent's 18 area and gradually expand on the pitch. As soon as they lose the ball, they regroup again so tightly.

As for our defence and midfield. I think we should put Vidic and Ferdinand on the bench. They can't cope with speeding players anymore and EPL strikers and coaches know this too well. May be we should buy two players. One central defender who will work straight into the team and a midfielder. Another question has to do with Evra's position. It's now so easy for opponents to gain entrance into our box from that angle.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibime(m): 8:50pm On Dec 05, 2013
I never reach this thread since kasala burst

How market
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
Where is this rumour coming from? RVP hands in a transfer request.

See serious joke o. ajigbijigbijigbi.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 05, 2013
elampiro: Where is this rumour coming from? RVP hands in a transfer request.

See serious joke o. ajigbijigbijigbi.
maybe he wants to play in d UCL next season! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (14208) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: KingTom(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.