Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (632) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8722570 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sleekdot(m): 7:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
StarBoard:
The group was tricky. We didn't have the stability that this present squad had. We changed Amodu for Moyes look-alike Lars Lagerback three months to the competition and we had more players who were out of sorts than not.
Plus those sides (Greece and Korea) had solid sides.

You can say Greece and Korea are better than Iran

And who told you Keshi cant be sacked before the tournament

Moreover all those are our internal issues which doesnt affect the quality of opponents we are paired with

See how those Korea and greece performed in the tournament
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 06, 2013
nitlad:

Mikel is not our best player. Maybe the most popular. . .

Ours is a decentralised team, pulling more than the sum of our parts. This is a huge advantage for us.

Come June 2014, Dzeko, Begovic, Ibisevic and the other idiöts you listed shall be part of the recipe for our Bosnian meal in Recife!

I'm bringing the hot sauce cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 06, 2013
coogar:
imagine if we have yekini & siasia(in their prime) in keshi's squad.....
You just made me have a rush of nostalgia.
That entire squad was the $h!t.
They do have something of a poacher though in Emenike who can be a nightmare to anybody on his day. He lacks the consistency of the aforementioned dudes.
I think we need more options in front of goal.He alone is not sufficient for a decent campaign next summer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 7:47pm On Dec 06, 2013
GustavoFring:

I'm bringing the hot sauce cool

Wa gbayi. . . grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:48pm On Dec 06, 2013
nitlad:
Our defenders head dey dia o. . . Defenders wen cage Drogba for ANC. grin grin

Dzeko? pfft!! Omeruo alone go kill am. cool

dzeko poses more threat for his national team than drogba does for ivory coast but nigeria can beat them if keshi selects the right players.

i have been reliably told keshi uses sentiments to pick players for tournaments. i dunno if that is true but after his disastrous showing at the confederations cup, his final selection should be screened.

StarBoard:
You just made me have a rush of nostalgia.
That entire squad was the $h!t.
They do have something of a poacher though in Emenike who can be a nightmare to anybody on his day. He lacks the consistency of the aforementioned dudes.
I think we need more options in front of goal.He alone is not sufficient for a decent campaign next summer

but what happened to the breed of nigerian strikers. there was a time we had them aplenty. it's a shame we have not been able to produce a world class striker like drogba in a country of 170 million.

dayokanu's bundesliga ruined chrisantus. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ow11(m): 7:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
coogar:

dzeko poses more threat for his national team than drogba does for ivory coast but nigeria can beat them if keshi selects the right players.

i have been reliably told keshi uses sentiments to pick players for tournaments. i dunno if that is true but after his disastrous showing at the confederations cup, his final selection should be screened.

grin

Drop the name of two strikers that have scored over 10 goals in 2013 that Keshi has NEVER picked?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:03pm On Dec 06, 2013
ow11:

Drop the name of two strikers that have scored over 10 goals in 2013 that Keshi has NEVER picked?

why did keshi drop that boy that plays in spain for the confed cup? what's his name again - i think he has a brother. he's fair & the guy is very very decent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 8:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
coogar:

But Drogba averages more goals per game for Ivory Coast than Dzeko does for Bosnia. . .

Don't worry, Keshi's team selection this time around shall be rid of sentiments. 9ja's party to Brazil would be the crème de la crème of Nigerian football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 8:11pm On Dec 06, 2013
coogar:

why did keshi drop that boy that plays in spain for the confed cup? what's his name again - i think he has a brother. he's fair & the guy is very very decent.

IK Uche. I think it's because he had a disastrous ANC. He should be in the reckoning again now shar. . .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
nitlad:
IK Uche. I think it's because he had a disastrous ANC.

rooney shouldn't be playing for england then if it's about previous tournament showing. kanu never scored a goal for the super eagles in any tournament but he was never dropped for poor performance. keshi is a tool!

i watch this dude @ villareal on a regular basis & he's scored 6 league goals & 2 assists for them in 12 games this season. if we had him in the last tournament in brazil, we would have performed better than having a troglodyte like ideye in front of goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
nitlad:

IK Uche. I think it's because he had a disastrous ANC.
that dude is washed up and largely overrated.
played for a motley crew of clubs that keep flirting with relegation in Spain
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
StarBoard:
that dude is washed up and largely overrated.
played for a motley crew of clubs that keep flirting with relegation in Spain

i beg your pardon.....
washed up? as opposed to brown ideye & the other cattle-rearers that don't even know where the post is. uche has scored against valencia & athletico madrid this season o.

nitlad:
But Drogba averages more goals per game for Ivory Coast than Dzeko does for Bosnia. .

who are drogba's neighbours on his continent? rwanda, comoros island, somalia, botswana, etc. dzeko has to contend with germany, spain, france, italy, holland.

Don't worry, Keshi's team selection this time around shall be rid of sentiments. 9ja's party to Brazil would be the crème de la crème of Nigerian football.

he has no excuse - keshi should subscribe to opta & see the nigerian strikers doing the business in europe. if i see ideye in that contingent, i would personally organise goons in brazil to castrate keshi.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 06, 2013
coogar:

You may have a point.
A certain Brown Ideye keeps getting into the side.
Even elampiro with his bald head and gimpy leg will play better than that dude.
He supposedly plays behind the main strike with Moses and Ahmed Musa (another Tijani Babangida/Pius Ikedia who doesn't have any sense of dire action or bearing)
He dropped Emenike due to injury even though he had recovered for the Confed Cup and took one Oduamadi who scored a hat trick vs Tahiti and felt he had arrived.
Sunday Mba hasn't done much since the ANC yet he always plays.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 06, 2013
coogar:

i beg your pardon.....
washed up? as opposed to brown ideye & the other cattle-rearers that don't even know where the post is. uche has scored against valencia & athletico madrid this season o.

And after that he never replicates that form at AFCONs.
never really liked that dude jare.
He will then start forming one kind daft accent when being interviewed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ow11(m): 8:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
coogar:

Ikechukwu Uche had a disastrous AFCON with no goals and was out of sync with the rest of the team. He was injured and his brother Kalu asked to be left out of the squad after scoring 12 goals last season. Emenike, Anichebe and Dike were also injured.

It was a friendly tournament and the only tested stroker available was Martins who had not scored up to 10 goals and was out of form. He needed an opportunity to test out all those Kickoff recommendations Akpala and Ujah. They both failed the test and wouldn't get into the team again.

I suspect IK. Uche, K. Uche, Emenike should make the final squad baring injuries
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:06pm On Dec 06, 2013
ow11:
Ikechukwu Uche had a disastrous AFCON with no goals and was out of sync with the rest of the team. He was injured and his brother Kalu asked to be left out of the squad after scoring 12 goals last season. Emenike, Anichebe and Dike were also injured.

It was a friendly tournament and the only tested stroker available was Martins who had not scored up to 10 goals and was out of form. He needed an opportunity to test out all those Kickoff recommendations Akpala and Ujah. They both failed the test and wouldn't get into the team again.

I suspect IK. Uche, K. Uche, Emenike should make the final squad baring injuries

one disastrous tournament should not keep a striker out of the team. let's be honest - the brand of football keshi played in that tournament didn't suit uche. uche plays in spain, he's all about receiving short intricate passes at the edge of the box.

during that ANC, hoof it to the big man was our go-to option & that suited emenike really well. for a striker to flourish, the manager must play to his strength. at the confed cup, keshi actually played the brand of football that suited uche but uche was nowhere to be found & we lost out due to our poor finishing.

from what i have seen from uche in villareal, he's our best striker & if he carries on with his current form, he should be the first name on the list going to brazil. ideye & co should watch the game on their big screen TV from nigeria.

StarBoard:
And after that he never replicates that form at AFCONs.
never really liked that dude jare.
He will then start forming one kind daft accent when being interviewed.

he's not a yekini or ikpeba but he's better than his peers currently.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Katsumoto: 9:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
coogar:

one disastrous tournament should not keep a striker out of the team. let's be honest - the brand of football keshi played in that tournament didn't suit uche. uche plays in spain, he's all about receiving short intricate passes at the edge of the box.

during that ANC, hoof it to the big man was our go-to option & that suited emenike really well. for a striker to flourish, the manager must play to his strength. at the confed cup, keshi actually played the brand of football that suited uche but uche was nowhere to be found & we lost out due to our poor finishing.

from what i have seen from uche in villareal, he's our best striker & if he carries on with his current form, he should be the first name on the list going to brazil. ideye & co should watch the game on their big screen TV from nigeria.

he's not a yekini or ikpeba but he's better than his peers currently.

I agree with you but my team will surely trash the eagles anyway. grin grin grin

Ikechukwu is as good as Emenike but I suspect kESHI didn't manage him properly during the last AFCON. Your point about Keshi having favourites may also be a pointer to his loss of confidence during the AFCON.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:20pm On Dec 06, 2013
Some of our strikers score for their clubs but can't replicate same form for Super Eagles. Eg, Ideye and Musa.

Musa however scored some vital goals for Super Eagles in the world cup qualifier. In one of the group matches, he lobbed a beautiful ball over the goal keeper to score a late one nil. I will forgive him more being a winger for us.

As for Ideye, I am tempted to believe that someone in the squad has tied his legs the way Drogba was rumoured to have tied Crespo, scvhecheko and Torres. grin grin grin

I heard Uche, Osaze and Taiye have been recalled. I think we should forget about Taiye Taiwo and Osaze. Although Echejilie needs a back up in case....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
Katsumoto:

I agree with you but my team will surely trash the eagles anyway. grin grin grin

Ikechukwu is as good as Emenike but I suspect kESHI didn't manage him properly during the last AFCON. Your point about Keshi having favourites may also be a pointer to his loss of confidence during the AFCON.

Keshi has two criteria in picking his men- Speed and physique. I guess he is trying to make his team look like the Eagles of early '90s or the dreaded Senegalese team of 2002. Tall, strong and pacing. The not too tall players were either in the midfield or the wings, but still very fast.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sleekdot(m): 9:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
Katsumoto:

WHich team does Kasuma wonder support? Liverpool?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
Katsumoto:

which is your team? angola?

keshi is too big-headed.
he drops & calls players at will. he's always trying to make himself look like SAF and he overdoes it. he should calm down, only the best players should make the squad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
StarBoard:
You may have a point.
A certain Brown Ideye keeps getting into the side.
Even elampiro with his bald head and gimpy leg will play better than that dude.
He supposedly plays behind the main strike with Moses and Ahmed Musa (another Tijani Babangida/Pius Ikedia who doesn't have any sense of dire action or bearing)
He dropped Emenike due to injury even though he had recovered for the Confed Cup and took one Oduamadi who scored a hat trick vs Tahiti and felt he had arrived.
Sunday Mba hasn't done much since the ANC yet he always plays.

Elampiro is a very handsome man. Younger than his age in looks and with model-like stature. wink cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
Kenyan 0 Nigeria 1 Ahmed Musa 80th minute goal in a crucial world cup qualifier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_37VEyRFww
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:56pm On Dec 06, 2013
I saw this posted on FB. I don't follow him on twitter so I didn't confirm, but I want to believe it's from him.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:57pm On Dec 06, 2013
Seun I can see you. Are you a Man United fan?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:11pm On Dec 06, 2013
England don enter one chance. I heard they have never beaten any of these countries in competitive games.

England's fixtures at World Cup2014: Italy (14th June), Uruguay (19th June), Costa Rica (24th June).

Wayne Rooney
If we want to be the best, we have to beat the best. Tough group but really looking forward to it! Roll on Brazil 2014!
^^^
That's my guy. We are ready to go, to surprise Dayo and Coogar.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:11pm On Dec 06, 2013

this proposed line-up makes me laugh. i know plenty of united fans that will die of heart attack if they see welbeck in the starting line-up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 06, 2013
StarBoard:
Hiddink resigned his last position at Anzhi. It's not like he was sacked.
He has a track record of achievements even in England. Unlike David Moyes.
Again, his age didn't fit into united's plans and he wasn't exactly successful with that anzhi team with loadz of money to spend.

But Laudrup is at the head of an Everton side that Moyes left and is how many points ahead of United?
That he got an FA Cup winner's medal in spite of relegation is actually a plus to him in my book
Think of all he had to work with and the scraps he was given.
Moyes spent more at Everton but couldn't even win anything. He never beat a top 4 side away from home.
Martinez trumps Moyes several times over in my book. Wednesday's tie was only a confirmation of his superiority tactically.
I bet u meant martinez. U all will just be comparing martinez to moyes based on dis season. U are allforgetting that martinez is building on d solid foundation laid by moyes. When moyes took charge of everton, they were relegation candidates. Whatever methods he used, did wonders and he turned them to a consistent top6 team with limited budget. Datz some achievement coming from a clueless one with no tactical nous. He has been voted manager of d year by his fellow managers on 3 occasions and has gotten to an fa cup final.
D funny thing is dat dis present everton side is much better than d side of last season.

Last season, they had jelavic and anichebe as top9. Now they have lukaku.
Barry, mccarthy and deolefeu all joined and improved d team markedly. So itz not all down to martinez. D team got improvedby a decent margin.

Yea. Martinez wins a trophy, a cup competition with a team that was relegated. and that makes him automatically better than every manager who hasn't. Better than arsene wenger in d last 8yrs.
You are jumping to his defence by stating d lack of funds. Wigan weren't d moost poorly funded team last season were they?

In d same vein, alex mcleish also won a cup competition withrelegated bermingham. Does that make him better than all d managers moyes, wenger, lambert, pochettino and co who haven't.??

Martinez is a good manager, no doubt. But not as good as u all r making him sound.
D Season has not even ended and uare singing his praises in comparism to moyes. Smh.
Letz see where they'll end up dis season.
If they'll finish higherthan moyes' everton of last season.

Attimes ehn, d selectively short memory of some people baffles me.
At some point last season, everton too were playing some breathtaking football. Even d seasons beyon.
They dealt with united on several occasions.

Martinez is handling d best everton side in a long long time. Learn to compare with open eyes n objective minds.

Laudrup took Swansea to Europe in his first season as head coach. Winning the League Cup along the way.
It may not have guaranteed immediate success at United, but he should have been given more consideration than David Moyes.
Swansea haven't invested like a club that would participate in Europe, hence their struggles. But they are a lowly side from Wales, and were never going to spend big because they have a sole aim of staying up in the premiership.
Qualified for europe by winning d almost prestigeless capital one cup that up until now nobody took seriously and suddenly becomes a lord. He beat a lower league opponent in d final. That says a lot abt d nature of d cup
U r talking assif moyes hasn't qualified everton for europe. He has even broken into d top 4 1ce.
Just because he didn't win any cups he automatically has no track record. Smh.
And don't even talk abt swansea's budget.
They have very good players
And most of d things he is enjoying are what rodgers put in place. Did swansea finish above everton with their super manager last season?

No track record in terms of achievements in any competitions, no spendings that have improved Everton during his tenure.
How exactly is he the logical choice for a club like United?
Fergie is to blame because he chose Moyes.
The decision was his entirely. Who else is to blame? Sango?
manager of d year on 3 occasions. Voted by his fellow managers. That's some track record.
I bet all of u screaming notrack record think track records are all about trophies.
Smh. Lookat how he transformed thateverton side and come n tell me datz not a good track record.

Martinez or moyes everton were a side improving every season. Their budget getz bigger by d season and they attract more players.
So stop making evertons improvement with martinez sound lyk some unprecidented feat, will you?

He did not make any signings to improve everton? Lol. Do u even knowwhat u r saying.
When he took over everton, they were relegation fighters. He turned them into a top6 team.
How would he have done that without signing players toimprove d team.

So baines, mirralas, jagielka, lescott, arteta, were signed by martinez ryt?

Yes he was d logical choice given d dat d onli oda available option was mourinho.

Mk una learn todae argue fairly abeg.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 06, 2013
coogar:

be deceiving yourself......the stop-gap we had then needed someone to sustain the success and jose mourinho was that stop-gap. give him 3 years, send giggs/neville/scholes on intensive coaching course & bring them back when they are ready. would jose take us to 9th position after 13 league games?

Jose mourinho was never an option.
He goes against almost everything d club stands for.
Sir bobby charlton knew and swore that there was no way mourinho could manage united.
There was just no way any1 would allowthat lunatic near dis club.

we did. if we throw the vacancy open, they would apply.

Name them na. D proven ones that weren't on long term contracts and in d middle of a project that would have applied. Or would managers with proven track records come out of thin air because utd managerial position was vacant.

he will never come good - let's bet £500.
1st letz clear what exactly he willdo b4 we are both in agreement that he has 'come good'
Then tell me how u will gimme my money when he does come good. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 10:38pm On Dec 06, 2013
nitlad:

Mikel is not our best player. Maybe the most popular. . .

Ours is a decentralised team, pulling more than the sum of our parts. This is a huge advantage for us.

Come June 2014, Dzeko, Begovic, Ibisevic and the other idiöts you listed shall be part of the recipe for our Bosnian meal in Recife!
Overconfidence?? You guys should chill before you jinx us again
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 06, 2013
ow11:

@bolded.
D way una dey exaggerate here dae baffle me o.

How was it disastrous?! He hardly even got any game time.
Even keshi said d reason for keeping d dude out was because of his individualistic playing style and PRIDE.
Smh.
That afcon shouldn't even be a criteria!!!!
He did not participate. Itz as simple as that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:51pm On Dec 06, 2013
Oghos1:
Jose mourinho was never an option.
He goes against almost everything d club stands for. Sir bobby charlton knew and swore that there was no way mourinho could manage united. There was just no way any1 would allowthat lunatic near dis club.

and what does this club stand for? mediocrity? poor performance? unable to qualify for the champions league? what we often forget is mourinho is fergie's younger version. since mourinho came back to chelsea, what has he done? kill a referee, bomb a stadium or what blasphemous statement has he made?

Name them na. D proven ones that weren't on long term contracts and in d middle of a project that would have applied. Or would managers with proven track records come out of thin air because utd managerial position was vacant.

every world class manager in this world would abandon their current contract & come for us. was moyes even available when he came to us? contracts are just paper-works - any manager can move anywhere if he's promised a good job. hiddink, laudrup, bielsa, mourinho, klopp, hector cuper, redknapp, sven-eriksson or even capello would jump at the opportunity of managing man utd.

1st letz clear what exactly he willdo b4 we are both in agreement that he has 'come good' Then tell me how u will gimme my money when he does come good. undecided

moyes is impotent - he cannot take us anywhere. i supported him when he first came in even after we lost at man city - but the results against cardiff, southampton, west brom & everton has clearly shown moyes is a mediocre. he's too gutless to take us to where he met us.

1st - 06/07
1st - 07/08
1st - 08/09
2nd - 09/10
1st - 10/11
2nd - 11/12
1st - 12/13
9th - 13/14

does this not scare you? this is a club that has never finished below 3rd in the 21 years of the premier league & now we are 9th with only 14 league games played. we are 12 points adrift the league leaders. it's a fücking disgrace.

alright, maybe coogar is just exaggerating. now let's look at the teams that would certainly finish in the top 8 and how we have fared against them, shall we?

man utd 0-0 chelsea
liverpool 1-0 man utd
man city 4-1 man utd

man utd 1-1 southampton
man utd 0-1 everton
tott'ham 2-2 man utd
man utd 1-0 arsenal

we have only copped 6 points in 21 points available against our rivals. that's 15 whooping points lost & you still think moyes is up to the task? blimey - you are probably the only human being left on this planet with the faith of abraham. i salute you!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.