Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,936 members, 7,852,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:17 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8842948 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6326) (6327) (6328) (6329) (6330) (6331) (6332) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:10am On Jan 31, 2019
eph12:

There's no point celebrating this because there is not going to be a replacement. We still have to depend on Andreas, Fred and McTom to deputize for Pogba, Matic and Herrera

grin

At least one Deadwood is gone.... More to follow in the Summer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 11:47am On Jan 31, 2019
LoRdCaT:
Yeah and Chelsea lost and moved up to first.

Your idiocy is like peak, it's in you.

Good morning.

Leave that street urchin to be talking with saliva flying out of his mouth.

At least we dey kamkpe.

They have been sliding down progressively. 1st to 2nd to 3rd to 4th now 5th.

Arsenal didnt play on wednsday but jumped into 4th.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:56pm On Jan 31, 2019
eph12:

There's no point celebrating this because there is not going to be a replacement. We still have to depend on Andreas, Fred and McTom to deputize for Pogba, Matic and Herrera

Nothing should make us depend on Fellaini or a player like him for anything.
I would rather play 17yr old Garner instead of that iroko tree.
Fellaini is not and has never been a Man Utd type player.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:36pm On Jan 31, 2019
eph12:

Not like Fellaini is a better option than any of those 3. Make he dey go once and for all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:21pm On Jan 31, 2019
Breaking;

Martial renews..... 5 and a half Years more of good Services to United.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 2:22pm On Jan 31, 2019
Martial Signs a new five year contract with option to extend another year...

Now we are talking....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:44pm On Jan 31, 2019
Herrera's Contract also should be renewed. Young deserves one more year. Mata deserves a testimonial Match to round off his beautiful Career at United, Same as Valencia.

Jones, Rojo deserve nothing but to be shipped to China. McTomonay should go on loan next season. If Perreira fails to buckle up, then he should be sold for at least £20m.

Tuanzebe, TFM, Mason, Mitchel, Chong, Garner, and Gomez should be fully Integrated in the first Team next Season.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:47pm On Jan 31, 2019
pharod:
Martial Signs a new five year contract with option to extend another year...

Now we are talking....
Leicester is in trouble. Hattrick loading...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:50pm On Jan 31, 2019
Lana1:
Not like Fellaini is a better option than any of those 3. Make he dey go once and for all
afrodoc2:

Nothing should make us depend on Fellaini or a player like him for anything.
I would rather play 17yr old Garner instead of that iroko tree.
Fellaini is not and has never been a Man Utd type player.
My point was that the board has done an incomplete job. They were supposed to sell Fella and get another person
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:58pm On Jan 31, 2019
eph12:

My point was that the board has done an incomplete job. They were supposed to sell Fella and get another person

During the next couple of windows we have to be careful about the players we sign.

It is this mentality of just quickly sign someone that has left us with an overbloated senior squad full of mediocrity.
Players like Fellaini, Darmian, Rojo etc.
I would have been okay with us offloading 2 to 3 of them and freeing up some space for youth team players and then we take our time to sign the top class players we need at the end of the season.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:05pm On Jan 31, 2019
afrodoc2:

During the next couple of windows we have to be careful about the players we sign.

It is this mentality of just quickly sign someone that has left us with an overbloated senior squad full of mediocrity.
Players like Fellaini, Darmian, Rojo etc.
I would have been okay with us offloading 2 to 3 of them and freeing up some space for youth team players and then we take our time to sign the top class players we need at the end of the season.
How is the performance of the midfielders in the academy sef? I only do hear about the forward players

Those in charge of the academy need to concentrate on the development of midfielders. To me, they are the pillar of every team and dictate how a team plays
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:13pm On Jan 31, 2019
eph12:

How is the performance of the midfielders in the academy sef? I only do hear about the forward players

There are some decent midfielders.

Gomes appears to have settled as a midfielder now, which is better for him cos he would not have made it as an attacker IMO.

James Garner is the darling of the coaches but is just 17 like Greenwood. He is mainly a CDM

Dylan Levitt does not have as much hype as Garner but i really like him, he supplies a lot of Grenwood’s goals. He is a CM/AM.

ALL the central defenders are crap. From reserves to 18. Very, very crappy.

The most highly rated full back is Ethan Laird who OGS mentioned in his last interview.
Only 17 but physically mature BUT it seems he is a little injury prone.
He is a RB.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:16pm On Jan 31, 2019
The reserves coach Ricky Sbragia is another potential problem.
Since Jose left the reserves under Sbragia is now the side that plays the ugliest football in the United set up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 4:34pm On Jan 31, 2019
Oasis007:
Herrera's Contract also should be renewed. Young deserves one more year. Mata deserves a testimonial Match to round off his beautiful Career at United, Same as Valencia.

Jones, Rojo deserve nothing but to be shipped to China. McTomonay should go on loan next season. If Perreira fails to buckle up, then he should be sold for at least £20m.

Tuanzebe, TFM, Mason, Mitchel, Chong, Garner, and Gomez should be fully Integrated in the first Team next Season.

Testimonials are for retiring players abi?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:36pm On Jan 31, 2019
Chrisus:

Testimonials are for retiring players abi?

grin

....... Also to honor Players that performed excellently and dedicatedly!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:37pm On Jan 31, 2019
Martial's New contract is £250K/Week. Hmmm De Gea to earn £400K/Week. Truly there's money in our club. Good move tying em down
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:00pm On Jan 31, 2019
afrodoc2:

Gomes appears to have settled as a midfielder now, which is better for him cos he would not have made it as an attacker IMO.

James Garner is the darling of the coaches but is just 17 like Greenwood. He is mainly a CDM

Dylan Levitt does not have as much hype as Garner but i really like him, he supplies a lot of Grenwood’s goals. He is a CM/AM.

The most highly rated full back is Ethan Laird who OGS mentioned in his last interview.
He is a RB.
They really need to do better there if they don't want to compete with the big clubs for players
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:26pm On Jan 31, 2019
Now Martial has had his contract sorted out, hope to see the best of him again...#GGMU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 8:32pm On Jan 31, 2019
Hmm, Pochettino thinks being in the top 4 is more important than winning the title...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 10:12pm On Jan 31, 2019
afrodoc2:

He is a RB.
I try to watch all academy highlights I can lay my hands on, and Levitt splitting defences open with o pass from deep is quite common.

A number of really good players are quietly developing in the shadow of the ones currently in the spotlight (Gomez, Greenwood, Chong etc).

Apart from Laird, I hear good things about O'Connor but he's a bit all over the place, playing across the defence line.
RB today, CB next day and LB, the day after.
He trained with the Irish national team in the last international break
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 10:15pm On Jan 31, 2019
melodyogonna:
Hmm, Pochettino thinks being in the top 4 is more important than winning the title...
that's not exactly what he meant.
His point was that cup wins are not the best indication of the progress he's making or the work he is doing in general.
He's absolutely correct.
His choice of words sometimes is what is causing the problem.
Too many raw materials for trolls and click bait journalists with agendas

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:46am On Feb 01, 2019
PietroRick:
I try to watch all academy highlights I can lay my hands on, and Levitt splitting defences open with o pass from deep is quite common.

A number of really good players are quietly developing in the shadow of the ones currently in the spotlight (Gomez, Greenwood, Chong etc).

Apart from Laird, I hear good things about O'Connor but he's a bit all over the place, playing across the defence line.
RB today, CB next day and LB, the day after.
He trained with the Irish national team in the last international break

You get am!
I have heard great things about O'Connor, but even though i often watch the full games i still can't make a good assessment. Guy plays a different position every game.
And like i said before if this is done to an extreme it can negatively impact the player. 2 good examples are TFM and McTominay.

What i can say though is that the club has multiple full backs with potential coming up e.g Laird, O'Connor, Brandon Williams ( but is an inverted full back and can be rash at times).
But the CBs are all trash.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 3:05am On Feb 01, 2019
Quick reminder.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 5:31am On Feb 01, 2019
airmark:
Quick reminder.
Are you in Nigeria?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:43am On Feb 01, 2019
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been talking about Anthony Martial's new five-year contract.

The interim Manchester United boss says he 'believes' in the Frenchman but says he doesn't score enough 'scruffy' goals.

Solskjaer thinks 20 a season is a realistic aim for Martial, whose most prolific season so far was 17 in his United debut campaign in 2015-16.

"He needs to make more runs in behind. As a striker, you need to read the game and sniff out chances. He needs to score more simple goals
."

Exactly what I’ve been thinking and saying for the past couple of months. Martial always wants the ball at his feet and then drive inwards. If he improves that aspect of his game he’s gonna be HUuUuGE!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:12am On Feb 01, 2019
Leyqute:
."

Exactly what I’ve been thinking and saying for the past couple of months. Martial always wants the ball at his feet and then drive inwards. If he improves that aspect of his game he’s gonna be HUuUuGE!
True. Sometimes to me he's just lazy because he doesn't want to be making those runs, just wants to get the ball to his feet. Thank God OGS has identified that ish and is probably working on it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 11:37am On Feb 01, 2019
It seems they've divided the work if the players between themselves. OGS is working on the forwards, Carrick/Phelan on the midfielders while and another person on the defenders.

Though OGS takes the overall assessment of all the players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:53am On Feb 01, 2019
adebayo201:
It seems they've divided the work if the players between themselves. OGS is working on the forwards, Carrick/Phelan on the midfielders while and another person on the defenders.

Though OGS takes the overall assessment of all the players.

My thoughts exactly
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 12:09pm On Feb 01, 2019
LoRdCaT:
Are you in Nigeria?

Ethiopia

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 12:49pm On Feb 01, 2019
airmark:

Ethiopia
So by 4:05am Nigerian time, you had nothing else to do but post that? You must be a very busy man. Or was the fact that your team went to the vitality stadium 4 NOTHING giving you sleepless night? Were you having nightmares about what Brook did to your darling mophead Luiz?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dantedasz(m): 2:01pm On Feb 01, 2019

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 2:27pm On Feb 01, 2019
airmark:

Ethiopia
but ocean no dey between here and Ethiopia.
Why some people come dey say you swim ocean?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6326) (6327) (6328) (6329) (6330) (6331) (6332) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Hugoboi(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.