Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,370 members, 7,861,019 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:10 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8862481 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6377) (6378) (6379) (6380) (6381) (6382) (6383) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:58am On Feb 16, 2019
grin

All United need to do in the Summer is to bin Sanchez, Lukaku, Smalling and Mata. Then buy solid DM, CB, Rojo covering for Shaw as LB, promote Mason, Chong and Angel fully to the first Team.

United do not need a complete overhaul of the Team. No one could tell, what a new Player could bring on Board. Some might become a Hit while some a Miss.

To me..... Chong, Mason and Angel should replace Mata, Lukaku and Sanchez in the Squad. Let's start afresh, perhaps from the Scratch with OGS fully in charge.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:03am On Feb 16, 2019
“I was looking, with Anthony and Jesse out, to get Mason in but unfortunately he has got an injury as well so we won't be able to blood him either, which is unfortunate for the boy.

“Angel [Gomes] and Chongy [Tahith Chong] have been training with us, and they have been doing well, so they might be involved in that game.”

- Ole Gunner Solksjaer

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:05am On Feb 16, 2019
"I don't think we will see them [Martial and Lingard] in the next two games. Let's hope they heal quickly, but it looks like they might be out for two or three weeks.”

“Again, Antonio [Valencia] is out, Matteo [Darmian] is out, but apart from that we are good to go.”

- Ole Gunner Solksjaer

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 5:14am On Feb 16, 2019
Sanchez, Rashford, Lukaku upfront.

Hopefully, it works.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:59am On Feb 16, 2019
nitrogen:
Sanchez, Rashford, Lukaku upfront.

Hopefully, it works.
It will be a miracle if this works
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:02am On Feb 16, 2019
If it were Poch, I believe he will know how to nurture and introduce these young players
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:38am On Feb 16, 2019
eph12:
If it were Poch, I believe he will know how to nurture and introduce these young players

How many 18 year olds Pick don play this season

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:07am On Feb 16, 2019
elrony:

How many 18 year olds Pick don play this season
If he has to he will. He has introduced many unknown players to the world
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:58am On Feb 16, 2019
Honestly I'm not sold on Poch as some of you are insinuating. Is there anything wrong with OGS?! Is he not capable to lead the Squad successfully and honorably?!

Seem some of us are expecting him to be tore apart by the Football Eistein, simply because we lost to a superior Opponent?! Is it even Ideal technically to play Rookies away at Chelsea when you have highest paid Player and highest expensive Player fitter and ready for the Game?!

If he plays Chong or/and Angel at the Expense of the Duo and tactically we were humiliated out of the Competition, what are we and some Pundits would say?! Call for his Head? Criticising him for benching Experience for Basic?!

OGS is the right Man in my Opinion, he barely even rest, traveling up and down to scout our Opponent (s), yet we ain't sold yet. If Pep could do it, if Simeon, if Conte could do, who says OGS can?!

I'm all for OGS 100% to be permanent as United Manager.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 10:17am On Feb 16, 2019
Oasis007:
Honestly I'm not sold on Poch as some of you are insinuating. Is there anything wrong with OGS?! Is he not capable to lead the Squad successfully and honorably?!

Seem some of us are expecting him to be tore apart by the Football Eistein, simply because we lost to a superior Opponent?! Is it even Ideal technically to play Rookies away at Chelsea when you have highest paid Player and highest expensive Player fitter and ready for the Game?!

If he plays Chong or/and Angel at the Expense of the Duo and tactically we were humiliated out of the Competition, what are we and some Pundits would say?! Call for his Head? Criticising him for benching Experience for Basic?!

OGS is the right Man in my Opinion, he barely even rest, traveling up and down to scout our Opponent (s), yet we ain't sold yet. If Pep could do it, if Simeon, if Conte could do, who says OGS can?!

I'm all for OGS 100% to be permanent as United Manager.

No one is a guarantee. But Poch has proven to be a very capable and attack minded coach known to be good with nurturing young talent. All the ingredients we're looking for. He has shown tactical flexibility and shown he doesn't need to spend to build a strong side. He comes across well in interviews and he's also still young. Obviously things can be tougher at united but if we could get him I personally believe just like we could take him to the next level he could also do that for united for many years to come. I would also be happy with Ole getting the job but that harsh realities of managing united could be a bit much for someone who hasn't been at the top level for long. For me Ole is a bigger gamble so you just have to figure out if he's worth it or gamble on taking the next level step with Poch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 10:23am On Feb 16, 2019
On another note, we could do worse than moving Young back to the front 3 on the right or left.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:58am On Feb 16, 2019
I didn't say we should get rid of OGS and go for Poch o. I am hoping OGS is able to introduce those boys into the team gradually so that they're good to by next season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 11:02am On Feb 16, 2019
Oasis007:
grin

All United need to do in the Summer is to bin Sanchez, Lukaku, Smalling and Mata. Then buy solid DM, CB, Rojo covering for Shaw as LB, promote Mason, Chong and Angel fully to the first Team.

United do not need a complete overhaul of the Team. No one could tell, what a new Player could bring on Board. Some might become a Hit while some a Miss.

To me..... Chong, Mason and Angel should replace Mata, Lukaku and Sanchez in the Squad. Let's start afresh, perhaps from the Scratch with OGS fully in charge.
have patience with Lukaku oga, I still believe in him - dude scored 25 goals in the EPL the season before we signed him, he can be used as a backup
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:12am On Feb 16, 2019
MRTA7:

No one is a guarantee. But Poch has proven to be a very capable and attack minded coach known to be good with nurturing young talent. All the ingredients we're looking for. He has shown tactical flexibility and shown he doesn't need to spend to build a strong side. He comes across well in interviews and he's also still young. Obviously things can be tougher at united but if we could get him I personally believe just like we could take him to the next level he could also do that for united for many years to come. I would also be happy with Ole getting the job but that harsh realities of managing united could be a bit much for someone who hasn't been at the top level for long. For me Ole is a bigger gamble so you just have to figure out if he's worth it or gamble on taking the next level step with Poch.

grin

Did Pep manage any top Team before he got Barcelona Job? Did Zidane manage any top Club before he won 3 UCL consecutively with La Liga as Ice on the Cake?! At least OGS had EPL with Cardiff, though not impressive, but also did an unexpected back in his home Country with Molde.

What's difference between Poch and Moyes at Everton?! Moyes was consistently doing fine at Everton with little Budget until he failed beyond Redemption at United. Mou upon all his successful Career as a Manager could not manage United for a complete 3 Seasons.

To me..... Poch is also a Gamble not a sure Banker, and I will rather place my bet on 1x cos it's a risk worth taking, than 1 and over 2.5 - hoping for a massive Result.

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:16am On Feb 16, 2019
melodyogonna:

have patience with Lukaku oga, I still believe in him - dude scored 25 goals in the EPL the season before we signed him, he can be used as a backup

grin

Which mumu Patience Bruh?! Even elrony don run comot for im back?! Well if Bakayoko could improve at AC Milan on his touches, I believe Lukaku can also improve there.

A Loan Deal with an Option to buy for £50m should be proposed to AC Milan in the Summer IMO.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:53am On Feb 16, 2019
Let us get Son in the summer, he can play either wing or through the middle as the CF.
We need players who can function in different positions without a drop in quality and he'll be massive for our Asian martet.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:14pm On Feb 16, 2019
Eh.... Make una take am easy na

Because Son is playing fantastic football at the moment, we should get him. What if he doesn't fit in?

Remember we also got Mkhi and Alexis from their teams when they were beasting. Where did that land us?

Make una take am easy jare.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by abiodunakande19: 12:35pm On Feb 16, 2019
MRTA7:
On another note, we could do worse than moving Young back to the front 3 on the right or left.

That won't be a bad Idea considering that fact that it was his original position. It will only mean that dalot will go to right back which is a very poor defensive option.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 1:45pm On Feb 16, 2019
abiodunakande19:

That won't be a bad Idea considering that fact that it was his original position. It will only mean that dalot will go to right back which is a very poor defensive option.

Bailly can do a job at rb then.

Or we go to 3 at the back
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 1:49pm On Feb 16, 2019
afrodoc2:

Too bad. This is the 2nd time this season he has been injured just before a possible debut.

They say it is just for 2 weeks.
Village people? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Itsmedozie: 2:15pm On Feb 16, 2019
For me I prefer OGS
just because he lost to a better team people have already started calling for his head
he tactically won Tottenham when we doubted he will
embarrased arsenal at the Emirates
propelled us to top 4 in just 2 months when we didn't have hope of even make top 5
now people are asking for poch
for me the gaffer has no experience in winning trophies no matter how you see it
na so so top 4 finish and FA cup semifinals
people will be saying he did that with a low budget and young players
PS Tottenham is not a world class team like man united no pressure on them whatsoever.
is poch better than mourinho
or even van gaal
he will also be a gamble

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:02pm On Feb 16, 2019
grin

Some United Dudes want an upgrade of Sarri as Manager.

PochBall!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 4:47pm On Feb 16, 2019
SMH
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:53pm On Feb 16, 2019
I was planning to write a post before on what I think is a good plan forward for Man Utd but I didnt want to disturb the midweek troll
You know me I am not a Man Utd fan infact they were my most hated team at some point but below will be my plan if I was a fan or in management

Man Utd has been in the doldrums of football since Ferguson left and they need to turn the situation around very quickly. Any managerial changes in summer that does not work will probably take the team another 2 to 3yrs to correct making it almost a decade post Ferguson

In my opinion. I will go for Pochetinno, This is because he has done a bit with little resources in a competitive environment with a good attacking philosophy and developing youth. OGS has done well but to me he is a bigger gamble than Poch and this is not the time to gamble

2. Mourinho did a lot of harm to the team and roster beyond the ordinary. For example Man Utd has 5 central defenders and Central defence is still one of the weakest spot in your team. At this point you are still looking like you need to rebuild th entire team

Most of Mourinhos buys were either old or not fit

3. After getting Poch you need to reduce a lot of your average players. extending mediocre players is just patching up a bad injury. A player like Bailly is not any better than Wolves Boly or Samba and not the type to take your defence anywhere. You have to sell Rojo, Bailly only keep Smalling and Jones for English quota. A good CB candidate to buy will be DeLigt or any of those young Atletico CBs either Lucas hernandez or Gimenez. Koulibaly if he was born in Africa, I wont trust his age

4. Lukaku is not the type of striker to take you where you want to be. I will spend 200M and bring Kane. He is young, He is English and has the necesary skills to be your franchise striker for the next 7-10yrs

You need another right back, A CB, a DM, and a striker at the minimum. It will be good to look at a right winger too. It might be a 500M spending window but its better to do it now than continue to patch and manage. Moreover the money spent today might look like change if prices continue to increase

City did their own spending we laughed and mocked them but they now have a young team that only needs 1 or 2 improvements per window unlike Man Utd that needs almost 7 starters

I dont know if any team will get Lukaku Matic Fred Alexis off your team but thats a lot of money wasted on transfers and wages that isnt take you anywhere

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:27pm On Feb 16, 2019
grin

Bayern Munich need Poch more than United Bruh. Thanks so much for the piece of Advice and the Epistle. On behalf of United Fans on this Thread; I say thank you once again.

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 5:46pm On Feb 16, 2019
Oasis007:
grin

Bayern Munich need Poch more than United Bruh. Thanks so much for the piece of Advice and the Epistle. On behalf of United Fans on this Thread; I say thank you once again.

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:13pm On Feb 16, 2019
raumdeuter:
I was planning to write a post before on what I think is a good plan forward for Man Utd but I didnt want to disturb the midweek troll
You know me I am not a Man Utd fan infact they were my most hated team at some point but below will be my plan if I was a fan or in management

Man Utd has been in the doldrums of football since Ferguson left and they need to turn the situation around very quickly. Any managerial changes in summer that does not work will probably take the team another 2 to 3yrs to correct making it almost a decade post Ferguson

In my opinion. I will go for Pochetinno, This is because he has done a bit with little resources in a competitive environment with a good attacking philosophy and developing youth. OGS has done well but to me he is a bigger gamble than Poch and this is not the time to gamble

2. Mourinho did a lot of harm to the team and roster beyond the ordinary. For example Man Utd has 5 central defenders and Central defence is still one of the weakest spot in your team. At this point you are still looking like you need to rebuild th entire team

Most of Mourinhos buys were either old or not fit

3. After getting Poch you need to reduce a lot of your average players. extending mediocre players is just patching up a bad injury. A player like Bailly is not any better than Wolves Boly or Samba and not the type to take your defence anywhere. You have to sell Rojo, Bailly only keep Smalling and Jones for English quota. A good CB candidate to buy will be DeLigt or any of those young Atletico CBs either Lucas hernandez or Gimenez. Koulibaly if he was born in Africa, I wont trust his age

4. Lukaku is not the type of striker to take you where you want to be. I will spend 200M and bring Kane. He is young, He is English and has the necesary skills to be your franchise striker for the next 7-10yrs

You need another right back, A CB, a DM, and a striker at the minimum. It will be good to look at a right winger too. It might be a 500M spending window but its better to do it now than continue to patch and manage. Moreover the money spent today might look like change if prices continue to increase

City did their own spending we laughed and mocked them but they now have a young team that only needs 1 or 2 improvements per window unlike Man Utd that needs almost 7 starters

I dont know if any team will get Lukaku Matic Fred Alexis off your team but thats a lot of money wasted on transfers and wages that isnt take you anywhere
I knew you will change one day. Keep it up, don't be like airmark
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:19pm On Feb 16, 2019
Oasis007:
grin

Bayern cannot spend the type of money Man Utd will spend
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:30pm On Feb 16, 2019
raumdeuter:

Bayern cannot spend the type of money Man Utd will spend

grin

...... Thought Poch is good at nurturing Rookies and making them World-beaters?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:36pm On Feb 16, 2019
Oasis007:
grin
...... Thought Poch is good at nurturing Rookies and making them World-beaters?!

Bayern does not have the time to wait for rookie to mature.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:03pm On Feb 16, 2019
Leyqute:
Eh.... Make una take am easy na

Because Son is playing fantastic football at the moment, we should get him. What if he doesn't fit in?

Remember we also got Mkhi and Alexis from their teams when they were beasting. Where did that land us?

Make una take am easy jare.
Son has proven himself in the EPL and has a variety to his game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:07pm On Feb 16, 2019
patrickmuf:
Son has proven himself in the EPL and has a variety to his game.
I believe in son too, though I doubt we'll get him.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6377) (6378) (6379) (6380) (6381) (6382) (6383) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Santos07, Jokerman(m), TheLequte and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.