Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8792925 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6380) (6381) (6382) (6383) (6384) (6385) (6386) ... (14182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 1:15pm On Feb 17, 2019
PietroRick:
I'm not sure I can even call FDJ flashy

I mean Frenkie has this easy on the eye look to his game unlike Van De beek who looks gangly. Also, frenkie do Jong is quite pacy unlike Van De beek even though he's no slouch himself but not as pacy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 1:20pm On Feb 17, 2019
weedtaker:
I don't know what your problem with pogba is, but let me tell you, pogba doesn't just do goals, he creates chances and have lots of assist.

he already has 25goals+assists dis season, dis are stats an attacker would be proud of.

ATM he'll get into any top side starting line up in Europe, no be rake.

anyone who thinks otherwise na just hater.

Ok...I hear. I will be back to remind you of this post.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:23pm On Feb 17, 2019
I forget say we get mctominay for this team. I won't be surprised if the dude only made the team because of his massive size.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 1:24pm On Feb 17, 2019
PietroRick:
Poole is already on loan at Newport.
This is not his first loan deal either.

What first team appearances did dean Henderson have to earn his loan move to a championship club?

Henderson has been rising through the ranks by consistently shinning through wherever he found himself.
Conference, to league 1 to championship in about 3 years.

There is talk of continental interest in him at the moment even.

Exactly why I said he would have to play for our first team if better club are to loan him. Also, loans are for development of young players. U23 league isn't as good as going toe to toe against experienced older players. Btw, the last time he left on loan, the u23 got relegated
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 1:37pm On Feb 17, 2019
SIRcumalot:
I forget say we get mctominay for this team. I won't be surprised if the dude only made the team because of his massive size.
actually this is on record. Lol.
He has nonetheless improved all round from his first team exposure.
At the level he currently is, he probably still isn't good enough going forward and there remains a big question mark over how much more improvement is there to be made.

We can easily make a cool 7-10m when we decide to sell to a championship club though

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 1:37pm On Feb 17, 2019
PietroRick:
Poole is already on loan at Newport.
This is not his first loan deal either.

What first team appearances did dean Henderson have to earn his loan move to a championship club?

Henderson has been rising through the ranks by consistently shinning through wherever he found himself.
Conference, to league 1 to championship in about 3 years.

There is talk of continental interest in him at the moment even.

Henderson is a goal keeper. That's a lot different from outfield players. As long as a goal keeper can keep out shots and command his box, he would look alluring to people compared to his outfield players who would be judged to have been playing against teenage opposition. Which club would want to gamble on them?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 1:51pm On Feb 17, 2019
Kagawa10:

Henderson is a goal keeper. That's a lot different from outfield players. As long as a goal keeper can keep out shots and command his box, he would look alluring to people compared to his outfield players who would be judged to have been playing against teenage opposition. Which club would want to gamble on them?
what liverpool first team experience did Harry Wilson need to earn his move to Hull last year?
What chelsea first team experience did Ola Aina get to earn the championship loans that had him end up in Italy, still on loan.
There are countless examples of young players earning good loans on their youth team performances alone, from Chelsea.
Fikayo Tomori, Lewis baker, Reece James etc

What first team experience did Sancho get to end up at Dortmund.
Or rabbi matondo from city reserve to schalke

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 2:13pm On Feb 17, 2019
PietroRick:
what liverpool first team experience did Harry Wilson need to earn his move to Hull last year?
What chelsea first team experience did Ola Aina get to earn the championship loans that had him end up in Italy, still on loan.
There are countless examples of young players earning good loans on their youth team performances alone, from Chelsea.

Sancho is an attacker who was highly rated. He had a wonderful u20 world cup together with foden. It was like Mbappe whom City wanted to sign for 50 mil after his euro u21 performance even when he had yet to play many games for Monaco.

Ola Aina was always around Chelsea first team and has played in Carling cup or fa cup. Other players has had one loan in the eredivise league or the other etc.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 2:18pm On Feb 17, 2019
Kagawa10:

Sancho is an attacker who was highly rated. He had a wonderful u17 world cup together with foden. It was like Mbappe whom City wanted to sign for 50 mil after his euro u21 performance even when he had yet to play much games for Monaco.

Ola Aina was always around Chelsea first team and has played in Carling cup or fa cup. Other players has had one loan in the eredivise league or the other etc.
I'm surprised people can be highly rated from playing reserve football but since your rule also excludes attackers, tell me about Reece James and Fikayo Tomori

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 2:23pm On Feb 17, 2019
PietroRick:

Rabbi matondo is an attacker who scored plenty goals for city academy. Any club could always gamble on them to give them unpredictable expectations but there's nothing unpredictable about central defenders. They won't offer you goals except on rare occasions and they could always cost you goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 2:27pm On Feb 17, 2019
PietroRick:
I'm surprised people can be highly rated from playing reserve football but since your rule also excludes attackers, tell me about Reece James and Fikayo Tomori

Highly rated from reserve or u21 match? What part don't you get? Sancho wasn't unknown except for people like yourself. Were you living under rocks? I have already said that young attackers could be given leeway because they won't likely cost you goals even if they ain't scoring. Same way Van gaal kept on trusting rashford even when he didn't always score but sent Fosu Mensah packing as soon as he made mistake in the defence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 2:29pm On Feb 17, 2019
Kagawa10:

Highly rated from reserve or u21 match? What part don't you get? Sancho wasn't unknown except for people like yourself. Were you living under rocks? I have already said young attackers could be give leeway because they won't likely cost you goals even if they ain't scoring. Same way Van gaal kept trusting rashford even when he didn't always score but sent Fosu Mensah packing as soon as he made mistake in the defence
OK, we have agreed to leave goalkeepers and attackers out.
You want me to give you a comprehensive list of young defenders that got good loans by just playing reserve football?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 2:32pm On Feb 17, 2019
PietroRick:
OK, we have agreed to leave goalkeepers and attackers out.
You want me to give you a comprehensive list of young defenders that got good loans by just playing reserve football?

It isn't about comprehensive list but common sense. If I were a coach I wouldn't bank on young defenders I have hardly seen although I have seen Poole and I know he's good enough but not every coach knows that nor have seen him play enough.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 2:33pm On Feb 17, 2019
Kagawa10:

It isn't about comprehensive list but common sense. If I were a coach I wouldn't bank on young defenders I have hardly seen although I have seen Poole and I know he's good but not every coach know that.
grin grin
OK bro
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2019
PietroRick:
I'm not sure I can even call FDJ flashy

Watch this Frenkie DeJong clip below and see how many times he could have passed the ball early to available team mates but instead kept on running on the ball or just standing. He simply lacks the awareness. Vande beek created the goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-GAcebvy0M
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 2:54pm On Feb 17, 2019
paafin:
Best news so far, if true..

Saudi Crown Prince steps up £3.8bn takeover bid of Manchester United

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8441062/saudi-prince-mohammad-bin-salman-manchester-united-takeover/
You are actually taking a website that spelt "Throne" as "Thrown" and gave the age of the same person as 33 and 32 at the same time seriously?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:04pm On Feb 17, 2019
Be like nobody want this rabiot for psg.
I don hear good things though I never see am play.
Maybe he can replace matic?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 3:09pm On Feb 17, 2019
SIRcumalot:
Be like nobody want this rabiot for psg.
I don hear good things though I never see am play.
Maybe he can replace matic?

Rabiot is one greedy fecker who loves money like Mbappe. He prefers to play as a no 10 or 8 even when he's at his best as a no 6, no coach can tell him otherwise. Has a high opinion of his stupid self and was one of the reason he was left out of the world cup winning french team. Very sluggish as well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:13pm On Feb 17, 2019
Kagawa10:

Rabiot is one greedy fecker who loves money like Mbappe. He prefers to play as a no 10 or 8 even when he's at his best as a no 6, no coach can tell him otherwise. Has a high opinion of his stupid self and was one of the reason he was left out of the world cup winning french team. Very sluggish as well.

All this recent event suppose don humble the fella.
Am thinking we can get a fine player here for chicken change.
Aurier was suppose to be a semi mad man but he dey alright for spurs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 3:16pm On Feb 17, 2019
Kagawa10:

If I had my way, I would change them all.

Get in Van De beek to man the no 6 role, N'dombele to man the box-box role and Ceballos/ even Odegaard to man the tempo role.
So you will discard pogba and put N'dombele in his role? I am not surprised sha, is it not you again?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 3:21pm On Feb 17, 2019
SIRcumalot:

All this recent event suppose don humble the fella.
Am thinking we can get a fine player here for chicken change.
Aurier was suppose to be a semi mad man but he dey alright for spurs.

Aurier isn't greedy nor proud. He's just a hooligan who loves to bully.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Adisaowalla: 3:23pm On Feb 17, 2019
so we are back to Poole/Harrop wahala again ?? grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 3:24pm On Feb 17, 2019
LoRdCaT:
So you will discard pogba and put N'dombele in his role? I am not surprised sha, is it not you again?

Ceballos would be replacing him though while N'dombele would replace Herrera.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 4:31pm On Feb 17, 2019
Kagawa10:

Ceballos would be replacing him though while N'dombele would replace Herrera.
What does Ceballos have on Pogba? You want to replace Pogba with a Real madrid bench warmer? I actually like N'dombele a lot and i agree with N'dombele replacing Herrera but Ceballos should stay where he is abeg. Pogba is currenty untouchable.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 5:23pm On Feb 17, 2019
Dem don come with dia Apostolic hype
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 6:07pm On Feb 17, 2019
Replace Pogba with Ceballos? I've definitely heard it all now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:38pm On Feb 17, 2019
cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:21pm On Feb 17, 2019
diggz:

Chaiii....n.a. who do you this kind thing?

Where is afrodoc2 Elrony eph12 oasis007 patrickmuf gloryisaac them? They should come and confirm what their brother is claiming if it is true or not abeg angry

I agree with weedtaker.... Pogba is currently way above Modric and Kroos. If you put any of those two for our current team you'll understand why Pogba is class.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:25pm On Feb 17, 2019
Leyqute:

I see what you’re saying. I’m just a bit skeptical about him. He’s been playing for years but just recently became a consideration by fans.

Could be that he’s just in form. Jamie Vardy was also in form a couple of years ago.

Don't be skeptical, Sonaldo is a quality player and very disciplined, reminds me of Park Ji Sun

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 7:48pm On Feb 17, 2019
elrony:

I agree with weedtaker.... Pogba is currently way above Modric and Kroos. If you put any of those two for our current team you'll understand why Pogba is class.

If you put any of those two in your current team you guys won't be crying for who to help your begger...or compliment your barber or free your Nelson Mandela or release him from living in is own bondage of uselessness tongue cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 7:51pm On Feb 17, 2019
Ceballos asin dani ceballos displacing Pogboom...OK ooo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 7:51pm On Feb 17, 2019
Kagawa10:

Yea...that's one thing I don't get with him,can't he see that no6 is best role for him...he can even redefine d role with his mobility... He has that composure,spatial awareness on the ball...I watched last season he improved on his eye for final passes....that guy should be the definition of the kinda no6 I like.....kagawa he's not that sluggish for his height tho...he's quick in tight spaces

(1) (2) (3) ... (6380) (6381) (6382) (6383) (6384) (6385) (6386) ... (14182) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: LostMyZeal(m), Cuddler and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.