Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,824 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8671570 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6467) (6468) (6469) (6470) (6471) (6472) (6473) ... (14140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 7:48pm On Mar 14, 2019
KGD10:

Torres was just coming out of a severe injured lay off and needed enough creativity behind him to uplift his confidence which Chelsea couldn't offer him. Take Rooney for example, Rooney always take months before he could get back to his form after a long injury lay off. Torres wasn't afforded such at Chelsea. There was little creativity and he was even benched as soon as he wasn't scoring. As a result, his confidence sank. Maybe in another team, it would have gone well for him. Suffice to say some players destroy their career after making wrong career move. For example, Sahin move to Madrid.
Torres was already dipping in form even before leaving Liverpool. It was easy to bench Torres because aside his goal drought he was adding little to no value to the team. You don't expect a team trying to win games to continue coping with Shola Ameobi level production.

Anyway you're just addicted to excuses

KGD10:

[s]Saul is a defensive midfielder like Khedira, Kante, Ramirez, Vidal. He's not the kind to dictate play like Modric does. He's not a creative either. It's even stupid to argue this. Well, I know you have a brain of a 2years old, so I will indulge your stupidity.[/s]
Listing Saul in the same mold as donkeys like Ramirez, Khedira, Vidal is laughable and shows how little you know about the game. Saul does not have Özil level creativity but suggesting he lacks creativity or tekkers is a dangerously ignorant claim. Have you watched him play for Spain at all?

How many players in World football can dictate play like Modric does? Why make such far flung comparisons. Smh

KGD10:

Lmao. Why didn't Griezman work on the wing for Atletico after all, he's a pacy forward like Mbappe? You're a roaming lunatic if you can't see that Atletico set up doesn't fit a wing forward.
Stop being so emotional mate. Take palmwine and calm down

Why isn't Griezmann working on the wings for France? Those of us that know Griezmann know he was not a natural winger.

KGD10:

You are probably blind to not have seen so many chances that Barca and Bayern wasted agianst Chelsea. Why did you think Di Matteo was sacked despite the CL win? This was a team who struggled to occupy 6th in the premier League table. You really have a lot of catching up to do.
You really need palmwine to calm your nerves.

Football is a make or miss sport. There are no trophies awarded for missed chances else 82 Brazil would have won the World cup

Whether they sacked Di Matteo is immaterial. He was never Chelsea's choice for starters plus Chelsea is a notoriously fickle club. Didn't they sack Mourinho after winning a league and cup double in 2007? Is this not Chelsea we're talking about here

KGD10:

Pogba was excellent to France style play, which is releasing the wing forwards in acres of space on the wing. Pogba was rested in the match Lemar played hence Lemar had to do with the least he could have. He was still France's best forward in that match. One fact is Mbappe was provided chances by the midfield while at Monaco, PSG and even at France. If Lemar was given such opportunities, he wouldn't fall on his ass like Mbappe was doing against manunited.
So Lemar can't function without Pogba? I laugh in Wolof

Best forward in a game that ended goalless? You're so desperate it's hilarious. Deschamps knew Lemar was useless to the French cause and that's why he never saw another minute at the World Cup. Common sense should dictate that an exceptional display should get him at least one more minute in the remaining 4 games of the competition.

No wonder the only game Lemar played in is the only game France failed to score. Barrenness following him up and down like a guided missile. How can an Attacking midfielder muster 2 goals and 2 assists by March!!! His goals against Girona and some team from the 4th division!! Jesus Christ!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 8:03pm On Mar 14, 2019
KGD10:

Lmao. Lemar off the Ball movement is on point. That's his best attribute. On his full debut for France, he scored two good goals. That he has been playing in a team that has little creativity nor require the wingforward to drift inside doesn't negate Lemar off the ball movement. Atletico's coach doesn't probably want competition for Griezman centre role like Mbappe competed with him at the world cup hence tthe reason why he instructed the wing forwards to always keep the width instead of drifting inside.

With Lemar, PSG would have proceeded to the next stage whereas Mbappe couldn't even control a simple ball.
Its a crying pity nobody agrees with you. Not Simeone, not Deschamps and not Jardim. Why is everyone denying Lemar like the neighborhood olosho?

How do you sleep at night defending such a barren and unproductive player?

Same Lemar that did zilch against Juve both home and away?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KGD10: 8:20pm On Mar 14, 2019
A40:

Torres was already dipping in form even before leaving Liverpool. It was easy to bench Torres because aside his goal drought he was adding little to no value to the team. You don't expect a team trying to win games to continue coping with Shola Ameobi level production.

Fact is no player suddenly come into form after a long linjury ay off. They may have recuperated well but the mental aspect part of it still need to be taken care of. They would still be scared of combating on the pitch because of the niggling fear of suffering another injury would be on their mind. That was what happened to Torres but instaed of staying in a familair welcoming environment like Liverpool, he made a wrong move to Chelsea.

Anyway, Costa case is a different story. Costa should be playing either as a SS like he did at Atletico before his move to Chelsea or be deployed as the main striker without another similar forward competing with him. Morata holdup playing style suits Atletico 442 set up than Costa. Did you just say Morata can't hold up play? Lol. That was his best attribute at juventus. Mandzuki was brought in as a replacement after he left.

A40:

Listing Saul in the same mold as donkeys like Ramirez, Khedira, Vidal is laughable and shows how little you know about the game. Saul does not have Özil level creativity but suggesting he lacks creativity or tekkers is a dangerously ignorant claim. Have you watched him play for Spain at all?

How many players in World football can dictate play like Modric does? Why make such far flung comparisons. Smh

Look at the attachment below and tell me how Saul is a cm? Even whoscored listed him as a defender. You obviously haven't watched Saul play

A40:

Stop being so emotional mate. Take palmwine and calm down

Why isn't Griezmann working on the wings for France? Those of us that know Griezmann know he was not a natural winger.

Griezman has grown a reputation of being the best SS. He's the best in his position, so why move him from his best position?

A40:

You really need palmwine to calm your nerves.

Football is a make or miss sport. There are no trophies awarded for missed chances else 82 Brazil would have won the World cup

Whether they sacked Di Matteo is immaterial. He was never Chelsea's choice for starters plus Chelsea is a notoriously fickle club. Didn't they sack Mourinho after winning a league and cup double in 2007? Is this not Chelsea we're talking about here

Lol. Everyone and his dog knows Chelsea CL triumph was a lucky win. The team was struggling in 6ty position for crying out loud and that was when we didn't have Tottenham hurricane then. Abeg go and sit down in one place.

A40:

So Lemar can't function without Pogba? I laugh in Wolof

Best forward in a game that ended goalless? You're so desperate it's hilarious. Deschamps knew Lemar was useless to the French cause and that's why he never saw another minute at the World Cup. Common sense should dictate that an exceptional display should get him at least one more minute in the remaining 4 games of the competition.

No wonder the only game Lemar played in is the only game France failed to score. Barrenness following him up and down like a guided missile. How can an Attacking midfielder muster 2 goals and 2 assists by March!!! His goals against Girona and some team from the 4th division!! Jesus Christ!!!

Who says Lemar can't play without Pogba? Did he have Pogba at Monaco? I said Lemar needs a creative midfielder in the team even as Mbappe requires creative midfied behind him but one thing I know is Lemar would never fall on his ass under no pressure like Mbappe kept doing when he was provided with chances against manunited.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KGD10: 8:29pm On Mar 14, 2019
A40:
Its a crying pity nobody agrees with you. Not Simeone, not Deschamps and not Jardim. Why is everyone denying Lemar like the neighborhood olosho?

How do you sleep at night defending such a barren and unproductive player?

Same Lemar that did zilch against Juve both home and away?

Griezman was a wing forward until his move to Atletico. Lemar is a wing forward but at he's at his best as a SS. He's Simeone's best bet to replace Griezman.

Griezman, Atletico's main man did nothing against juventus as well but one fact is Lemar wouldn't fall on his ass if he had the chances Mbappe had against manutd. Fact!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 8:42pm On Mar 14, 2019
KGD10:

Griezman was a wing forward until his move to Atletico. Lemar is a wing forward but at he's at his best as a SS. He's Simeone's best bet to replace Griezman.

Griezman, Atletico's main man did nothing against juventus as well but one fact is Lemar wouldn't fall on his ass if he had the chances Mbappe had against manutd. Fact!
My friend just alert me when Lemar adds to his meagre 2 goals and 1 assist per season numbers. I don't have time for endless back and forth over a barren forward or whatever role you claim he plays
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:48pm On Mar 14, 2019
A40:
My friend just alert me when Lemar adds to his meagre 2 goals and 1 assist per season numbers. I don't have time for endless back and forth over a barren forward or whatever role you claim he plays

Na you get plenty time to dey argue back and forth with that guy.
Immediately anybody makes that kind Lemar is better than Mbappe statement you suppose don japa.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KGD10: 8:58pm On Mar 14, 2019
A40:

Well, Lemar hasn't been playing as a forward for months now, he's been playing as a touchline winger for Atletico. So stop comparing his output with a forward output. Rather, let's compare Mbappe's ball control to that of Lemar.

Lemar didn't cost Atletico against juventus because the whole Atletico team was bad and he didn't have the chances Mbappe had against manutd but the true fact is Mbappe cost PSG advance into the next stage. Fact!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:39pm On Mar 14, 2019
And tomorrow now we fit go get Barca or City. cheesy

They should kuku kill us grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:51pm On Mar 14, 2019
Leyqute:

If the structure of the club isn't revamped, especially concerning new signings, OGS will find himself with a very hard task. A handful of the new signings we made post-Ferguson are of quality. A large percentage of them na hit and miss.
OGS has done very well motivating these guys and squeezing results out of them.
And both games he's lost so far can go down to poor defending in the end.

I just wish the board goes out to get good players early enough b4 or during the pre-season for whoever would be the next manager.

Not like b4 that by August ending and 2 games into the season and we go still dey find players for market
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:54pm On Mar 14, 2019
Leyqute:
Lana1 no postponement. Just a potential reversal of fixtures

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11945/11665176/manchester-united-may-have-to-reverse-champions-league-games-for-manchester-city
Yes. Read that on goal earlier today.

Thing is, depending on how the UCL draws go tomorrow, and the FA Cup games, we might just be playing 4 Manchester Derbies within 1 month by the end of April. Trying times ahead. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tenmariner: 9:56pm On Mar 14, 2019
Paul scholes has resigned as Oldham manager just after 31 days.

Total number of games = 7
1 win
3 draw
3 defeat

#Respect#
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 10:14pm On Mar 14, 2019
afrodoc2:

Na you get plenty time to dey argue back and forth with that guy.
Immediately anybody makes that kind Lemar is better than Mbappe statement you suppose don japa.
Na boredom been dey do me but I don see say this one don pass be careful. I used to rate Lemar like 3 seasons ago but I quick kana say the boy na scam with very low ceiling
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 10:16pm On Mar 14, 2019
KGD10:

Well, Lemar hasn't been playing as a forward for months now, he's been playing as a touchline winger for Atletico. So stop comparing his output with a forward output. Rather, let's compare Mbappe's ball control to that of Lemar.

Lemar didn't cost Atletico against juventus because the whole Atletico team was bad and he didn't have the chances Mbappe had against manutd but the true fact is Mbappe cost PSG advance into the next stage. Fact!
I swear the next time Lemar scores or assists I will give testimony in Church and upload the video on this thread.

We're not judging forwards by goals and assists again it's now ball control. Orisirisi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KGD10: 10:22pm On Mar 14, 2019
A40:
I swear the next time Lemar scores or assists I will give testimony in Church and upload the video on this thread.

We're not judging forwards by goals and assists again it's now ball control. Orisirisi

Lemar hasn't played as a forward for months. So stop the ranting.

I'm more interested in Mbappe constantly falling on his ass under no pressure against manutd.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 10:24pm On Mar 14, 2019
KGD10:

Lemar hasn't played as a forward for months. So stop the ranting.

I'm more interested in Mbappe constantly falling on his ass under no pressure against manutd.
Even Casemiro at DM is not making such excuses. @ me when Lemar scores a goal or provides an assist

2 goals 2 assists for €70m. Worst flop in Europe
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KGD10: 10:30pm On Mar 14, 2019
A40:
Even Casemiro at DM is not making such excuses. @ me when Lemar scores a goal or provides an assist

2 goals 2 assists for €70m. Worst flop in Europe

Na you sabi. Lemar needs to play in his best role which is a wing forward or SS, I would only judge him after that. As for Mbappe, he should go learn the basic of not falling on his ass under no pressure.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:41pm On Mar 14, 2019
Lana1:
Yes. Read that on goal earlier today.

Thing is, depending on how the UCL draws go tomorrow, and the FA Cup games, we might just be playing 4 Manchester Derbies within 1 month by the end of April. Trying times ahead. grin grin

grin grin grin

The draws have not been favorable to OGS TBF. If that should happen, na to hope for the best
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 3:47am On Mar 15, 2019
But THE SUN is a useless News outlet though. Only them reported that Man Utd has no plans to buy a CB this summer and yet they are still reporting now that Man Utd is targeting Toby Alderweireld. Is Toby a CF ffs? Nonsense and THE SUN angry angry

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:35am On Mar 15, 2019
Inter, Sevilla, Napoli all out.

EPL might just win UCL and Europa this season

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 4:37am On Mar 15, 2019
FYI

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:58am On Mar 15, 2019
nitrogen:
FYI
Fake
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:59am On Mar 15, 2019
And we are always yabbing Klopp that he has yellow teeth... grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:38am On Mar 15, 2019
Lana1:
And we are always yabbing Klopp that he has yellow teeth... grin

Klopp has veneers on, not his real teeth.

Sarri is a chain smoker, not only will his teeth be yellow but his breath would be foul.

Emery’s teeth are more rotten than yellow. LMAO

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sniper4real(m): 7:40am On Mar 15, 2019
CHAMPIONS League DRAW

TOMORROW 13:00 CAT

POT1
Juventus
Man United
Barcelona
Liverpool

POT 2

Man City
Tottenham
FC Porto
Ajax Amsterdam

Teams in one pot can not be drawn to play against each other.
Now do ur predictions
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lh19(m): 8:01am On Mar 15, 2019
Sniper4real:
CHAMPIONS League DRAW

TOMORROW 13:00 CAT

POT1
Juventus
Man United
Barcelona
Liverpool

POT 2

Man City
Tottenham
FC Porto
Ajax Amsterdam

Teams in one pot can not be drawn to play against each other.
Now do ur predictions

Ogah MI there's nothing like that in quarterfinal draws, anybody can be drawn to anybody
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neimar: 8:07am On Mar 15, 2019
Lana1:

napoli neva comot ooo grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:39am On Mar 15, 2019
Lana1:

Napoli still dey there gidigba. They won the first leg 3 - 0. They qualify on away goal rule.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 15, 2019
tenmariner:
Paul scholes has resigned as Oldham manager just after 31 days.

Total number of games = 7
1 win
3 draw
3 defeat

#Respect#

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:58am On Mar 15, 2019
larride:

Napoli still dey there gidigba. They won the first leg 3 - 0. They qualify on away goal rule.
Yh. I just double-checked. Thanks.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 10:05am On Mar 15, 2019
afrodoc2:

Klopp has veneers on, not his real teeth.

Sarri is a chain smoker, not only will his teeth be yellow but his breath would be foul.

Emery’s teeth are more rotten than yellow. LMAO
grin

OGS is the only one there who looks fresh and innocent, without beards...like a Pastor cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:06am On Mar 15, 2019
"We don't really mind who we play because it's going to be a tough game and if you're going to get to the final and win it, you have to beat everyone anyway."

- OGS
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:10am On Mar 15, 2019
Ole on there being six English sides left in European competition:

"It says a lot about the quality. And it's not like any of us have had easy teams to play against. Dortmund, Munich and PSG, have been beaten so it's a testament to the Premier League."

- OGS

(1) (2) (3) ... (6467) (6468) (6469) (6470) (6471) (6472) (6473) ... (14140) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.