Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,254 members, 7,864,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:14 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6754) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8875985 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6751) (6752) (6753) (6754) (6755) (6756) (6757) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 13, 2019
footiemaniac:
You guys keep comparing Real Madrid easy dealings in the transfer market with ours when we do not have the same lure. Real Madrid are in the Champions league and won 3 back to back champions league and we are not even in the competition next season. We are not even the best team in Manchester, realistically no player will choose Manchester united ahead of Real Madrid unless we are going to be paying ridiculous wages(Sanchez wages). Can this great club still lure Eden Hazard, Mbappe, Neymar, Mo Sallah,Harry Kane?

If Lyon were to sell Ferland Mendy to us they will be quoting €130M Euros same with Jovic which makes negotiation really hard for Woodward. All these clubs now see us as potential maga, if Everton were the one bidding for Wan Bissaka they would have sealed this deal long ago with £35 Million Pounds maximum. Let us be patient, Ed Woodward will get it right this summer, he needs to still play hardball with some of these Over-demanding clubs.

Exactly. The price automatically skyrockets once it's Manchester United that's interested, even the media uses United to sell content during the transfer window. Worse is having only Europa League football to offer sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 13, 2019
footiemaniac:
Manchester united will sign Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Bruno Fernandez next week.

Hopefully, that'll be great news.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 13, 2019
JayKayMaybachz:
✔ ✔ Bruno Fernandez and A Wan Bissaka is already a done deal.. Rabiot to sign by 1st July.. The only place we are still negotiating is the CB position.. Maguire is prime target.. Koulibaly is another option.

Bruno Fernandez fee is About £71 million
AWB is £53 million rising to £60 million.. Ed is doing well at the moment and wants to meet the 1st July target set for preseason.. I am not sure Mata will sign so the No. 8 shirt is Bruno's

Too much hope raised already, it's becoming scary.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 13, 2019
Lana1:
Very good. Bad energy stay far away... angry

I detest that club big time. Imagine trying to get Pogba by giving United scam wage potential + hospital wage potential + aging. Good thing we ain't doing business with them angry angry

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 13, 2019
Manchester United want technical director but transfer policy won't change

An appointment was expected to be made in time for the new arrival to be a part of the club's plans for the current transfer window but with player recruitment already underway, there is no sign of when United might have their first technical director.

Former United players including Darren Fletcher and Rio Ferdinand have been linked to the position, but it is unclear just what the roles and responsibilities of the candidate will be.

The current structure of the club, led by executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward, sees a small team of advisers working alongside Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and his assistant Mike Phelan to pinpoint potential signings and also decide on outgoings.

That structure successfully identified and secured the services of United's first summer acquisition, 21-year-old Welsh international Daniel James.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 13, 2019
The emphasis on this summer's recruitment is being firmly placed on securing young home-grown talent including targets such as Harry Maguire and Aaron Wan-Bissaka.

Whoever finally comes through the doors in the new role will be charged with providing a long-term view in relation to the development of the first-team squad over the next five years, something amounting to evolution rather than revolution at Manchester United.

Ferdinand is interested in becoming United's first technical director but said the role has not yet been defined by the club.

Source: SkySports
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 1:51pm On Jun 13, 2019
GloryIsaac:
The emphasis on this summer's recruitment is being firmly placed on securing young home-grown talent including targets such as Harry Maguire and Aaron Wan-Bissaka.

Whoever finally comes through the doors in the new role will be charged with providing a long-term view in relation to the development of the first-team squad over the next five years, something amounting to evolution rather than revolution at Manchester United.

Ferdinand is interested in becoming United's first technical director but said the role has not yet been defined by the club.

Source: SkySports

Young home grown talent angry undecided

Congratulations on going the Arsenal way.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:01pm On Jun 13, 2019
jamesfadairo:

lol, it won't be a problem o, if Perez really want to get Erisksen, it's a matter of negotiation, it's manutd that'll take ages to negotiate and still fail to get the deal done

I’m not saying it will be a problem. My point is that Perez will have to pay a huge sum to get him from D. Levy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 3:11pm On Jun 13, 2019
Leyqute:

I’m not saying it will be a problem. My point is that Perez will have to pay a huge sum to get him from D. Levy.

The problem is that if Perez demands $200M from madrid for Eriksen he will demand $500M from Man U.

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 4:16pm On Jun 13, 2019
codedguy1:

The problem is that if Perez demands $200M from madrid for Eriksen he will demand $500M from Man U.

grin
Exactly!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2019
codedguy1:

grin

I get grin

You mean Levy though. Yes?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 4:54pm On Jun 13, 2019
codedguy1:

grin

Is that not the reason why Pérez doesn’t waste his time with the likes of Levy?

Last season, Leicester was doing anyhow with Maguire and yet are back negotiating with them about Maguire as if he’s the best thing after sliced bread. Is he the only CB in the world? We are the cause of our own problem.

I don’t know what the fixation on some players is all about. You want to pay 60m for a RB that’s not even 2nd choice for his National team or trying to buy Maguire for 70m.

Shambles all round.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 4:55pm On Jun 13, 2019
Leyqute:

I get grin

You mean Levy though. Yes?

Yeah Levy! My bad!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:56pm On Jun 13, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
SAF didn’t have any acumen. Baba was buying league and bullying refs while at it.

Once baba saw that more clubs were beginning to equal United in purchasing power, baba japa to save his reputation and United went down from there.

^^^ I’ve spoken the truth again. You scums can go hang yourselves.

Did he also buy EUFA officials when United played 3 UCL finals in four years?

What about when United beat Chelsea in UCL final, UCL Q/Final and beat Arsenal in UCL semi-final. The Chelsea beating was home and away.

You no know ball.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2019
SailorXY:
So Mourinho is in talks about returning to Chelshit?
Wouldn't that be a sight shocked

Na where you go before? You lead battalion to Sambisa?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:24pm On Jun 13, 2019
I am not sold-out on Maguire anymore, he has lost the bit of pace he had and is looking like he's gonna blow up soon. I used to be a big fan of him when Nih.ilist recommended him whilst at Hull City but not anymore. We should look at other alternatives, Manolas, Koulibaly (better at that price), Diaz etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2019
patrickmuf:
I am not sold-out on Maguire anymore, he has lost the bit of pace he had and is looking like he's gonna blow up soon. I used to be a big fan of him when Nih.ilist recommended him whilst at Hull City but not anymore. We should look at other alternatives, Manolas, Koulibaly (better at that price), Diaz etc.

You think our board has sense? You refused to sanction Maguire last season but you want to go all out for him now even when his performance in the just concluded season is average at best.

Leemao

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2019
larride:
You think our board has sense? You refused to sanction Maguire last season but you want to go all out for him now even when his performance in the just concluded season is average at best.
Leemao
this is obviously a scouting problem. if the board is willing to shell out such funds on defenders, we can infere that the identification protocol is faulty. these British people are desperately trying to keep the money within them, there are defenders with better quality for same price or less. we've been hearing harps about "home-grown" for sometime now and you wonder if the rules are double-enforced only in Carrington.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:02pm On Jun 13, 2019
nihilistjnr:
Since 2009, Man United have signed and sold or released 28 different players.

They have made a profit on just two of them, and an overall loss of £138.9m.

Shove your noodle sponsors; they're failing as a football club, but also as a business

Oga calm down, the real business is the fan base and sponsors you can attract. These guys are cashing out big time, other than using man Utd to get a loan that they have almost repaid, there are distributions annually. Also, there is a reason the club is listed, to capture capital gains. What is listed is not significant compared to what they still own, and guess what, they sold what the public hold today.

It is still a cash cow, if they exit today, they will make a kill. Only problem is either they exit now to make the kill or continue to invest heavily on the club so performance on the pitch improves and the club's value is sustained.

Fvuking American businessmen!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:09pm On Jun 13, 2019
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:23pm On Jun 13, 2019
Leyqute:
angry

I no wan see that Maguire for our team,but then again better him than Jones cry cry cry

If these guys sign Gimenez or Koulibaly na crime?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 6:32pm On Jun 13, 2019
JUVE CHIEF IN LONDON FOR POGBA TALKS

Juventus’s Sporting Director Fabio Paratici has travelled to the London offices of Manchester United for face-to-face talks over the potential transfer of Paul Pogba, according to Sky in Italy.

Talks are at an early stage, with Juve’s Joao Cancelo understood to be part of negotiations. 

skysport
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 6:44pm On Jun 13, 2019
larride:

Leemao
Hahaha with the news about him being top of our list for CBs, you'd be forgiven for thinking he's as good as Ferdinand or Terry. He isn't even as good as Wes Brown
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LMDyaya(m): 7:03pm On Jun 13, 2019
Tvegas:
JUVE CHIEF IN LONDON FOR POGBA TALKS

Juventus’s Sporting Director Fabio Paratici has travelled to the London offices of Manchester United for face-to-face talks over the potential transfer of Paul Pogba, according to Sky in Italy.

Talks are at an early stage, with Juve’s Joao Cancelo understood to be part of negotiations. 

skysport

No please...... I think we have to keep pogba if we really mean business .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:08pm On Jun 13, 2019
elrony:

I no wan see that Maguire for our team,but then again better him than Jones cry cry cry

It’s tiring. Sometimes I wonder if those guys are blind to the inadequacies of Jones and Smalling.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:27pm On Jun 13, 2019
elrony:

Yes na. Homicidal suicide!
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 7:33pm On Jun 13, 2019
LMDyaya:

No please...... I think we have to keep pogba if we really mean business .

Its not up to us sir, our board is very confused at the moment. I think some oil sheik needs to buy the club,secondly we need a football director.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 7:41pm On Jun 13, 2019
Happy for Pogba to go to Juve or Madrid if they're ready to pay £200m straight cash upfront.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:42pm On Jun 13, 2019
Leyqute:

It’s tiring. Sometimes I wonder if those guys are blind to the inadequacies of Jones and Smalling.

Ayam pained! angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:43pm On Jun 13, 2019
codedguy1:

Yes na. Homicidal suicide!
grin

Leemaao cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 7:45pm On Jun 13, 2019
MRTA7:
Happy for Pogba to go to Juve or Madrid if they're ready to pay £200m straight cash upfront.

Lol, Juve will never pay that. If they can drop 100million thats fine, with that we will buy bruno fernandez and james madison. Pogba will be missed though,on a good day he can be the game changer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:45pm On Jun 13, 2019
Tvegas:

Its not up to us sir, our board is very confused at the moment. I think some oil sheik needs to buy the club,secondly we need a football director.

That FD must be appointed through votes or something else. Ed and board must have nothing to do with the appointment or else it would be futile.

How we wan achieve that na with serious prayers in a white garment church vigil grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6751) (6752) (6753) (6754) (6755) (6756) (6757) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: TLona1, TheLequte, Panther7(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.